Junoon

By deewanemastaani

| Won 1st position for Best Rikara Story | After a year of their so-called-marriage, Omkara who has come to r... More

Prologue - Where It All Began
1. After A Year
Background Details
2. And We Meet Once Again
3. Modus Operandi
4. Favors
5. Surprise!
6. Deal
7. Swap
9. First Night
10. Friends?
11. Honeymoon
12. Trouble
13. Difference
14. Express
15. Making love
16. Bliss
17. Truth
18. Feel
19. Apology
Discussion Time!
20. Dabangg Gauri!
Epilogue

8. Grah-Pravesh

4.9K 233 10
By deewanemastaani

A/N: Another update! Ok, so this chapter is dedicated to Shailjabanthia who is going out of country for about 5 months and won't be able to log in to wattpad. So this is for you. Have a blast over there and return back safely!

*******************************

Gauri sat between Rohan and Shwetha, with her head resting on Shwetha's shoulder, as she contemplated about her upcoming future.

She had returned back to the hotel in a trance. She couldn't remember anything after the moment when she read those switched documents. Could she call what Omkara did a treachery? Then what was she doing? Wasn't she doing exactly the same thing? She just got bested by Omkara and that's it.

Gauri sighed. Now she couldn't do anything but pray. Pray that a year with Omkara and his family passes peacefully without any difficulties. And then, she can be free of him. Just as she had wanted.

"We need to go shopping for Gauri's clothes and jewelleries. We need to prepare her for..." Shwetha whispered.

"No. We don't need to. I am not going in to that house as a daughter-in-law. But only to complete the deal. Only for one year. I am not going there to stay forever. After one year, I will get divorce from him and then I will be free. Then what is the use of all these things? I don't need to waste my money for this deal." Gauri said to both of them in a monotonic voice.

"I am sorry, Gauri. I couldn't do anything for you. I couldn't complete my responsibilities as your brother. I am really sorry...Please, forgive me. " Rohan said to Gauri, shaking his head.

Gauri turned to Rohan and looked at him directly.
"Bhaiya, it's not your fault. How could have we known that Omkara would send his minions to keep an eye on us? Anyways. Now all we need to think about is the future. Somehow I will have to spend one year peacefully with him. And then, I will get freedom from him and everything will be back to normal in our lives."

There was a loud knock at her room's door which caused all three of them to startle a bit.

Rohan cleared his throat as he got up from the bed and said, "I'll see who is there."

Gauri and Shwetha sat quietly next to each other when no sound seemed to come from the front door. They both looked at  each other worriedly when suddenly Rohan came back, looking pissed.

"Gauri, there is someone who wants to meet you." Rohan spoke curtly.

"Who is it, bhaiya?" Gauri asked, looking confused.

"Mr. Oberoi wants to discuss something important with you. So, I think Shwetha and I will head towards our room. And Gauri, if you need anything just call me. Alright? I'm just a call away.", Rohan said, as he looked at Gauri for her confirmation.

Gauri nodded her head. She knew if she asked him to stay with her, he wouldn't dare step out of the room. But now, she had to face her problems herself. She couldn't depend on other people forever, could she?

After Rohan and Shwetha left the room, their was an awkward silence in the room.

"From what I remember, you.. you used to talk a lot." Omkara said, as he tried to make  conversation between them.

"Time changes people. So.... for what purpose have you come here? I am not even going to ask how you got my address and from where.." Gauri asked Omkara.

"Umm.. Dadi has organized some rituals tomorrow at the noon. Haldi.. Mehendi.. or whatever. I have just come to invite you and your family." Omkara said nervously.

"Is all of this really necessary? I mean, after a year we will just get divorced, so what's the use?" Gauri asked Omkara, frustratedly.

"My grandma's health is really weak.. she might not even last a year.. Her last wish is to see me married.. To attend my wedding. And that's what I'm gonna do...give her the chance to witness my marriage. Even if it's all fake." Omkara said, his voice turning into a whisper at the end. Gauri noticed he looked almost as if...  he was sad...

Gauri shook her head.

"So you are doing all of this for her, huh?" Gauri asked him with an unreadable expression on her face. But inside she was really impressed by Omkara. But she didn't want to let him know.

"Yes." Omkara said softly, giving her a gentle smile.

Gauri was really confused now. Was this the same man she had met a year ago in Bareilly? This man, so sweet and caring, who could do anything for his loved one - even have a contractual marriage...

And that man... she shivered, thinking about that particular personality of Omkara that she had come upon in Bareilly.

"Okay then.. we will come..", Gauri said finally.

"Thank you. Really. It means a lot to me." Omkara thanked her once again, smiling at her thankfully.

"You're welcome... I am.. only doing this.. for your grandmother.." Gauri said, slightly embarassed by his humble behaviour.

Omkara gave her an unusual smile which warmed her insides.

"I should go.. See you tomorrow.. And all the dresses and jeweleries for tomorrow's function will be sent in the morning. See you." Omkara said as he started to leave.

"See you." Gauri whispered to his retreating back.

*******************************

The next day

Gauri arrived at the Oberoi Mansion with Rohan and Shwetha donned with the dresses and jewelleries provided by them. They themselves brought some gifts for everyone, flowers and sweets with them as per the tradition. They had sent the groom's gifts separately early in the morning.

They were welcomed by the entire family. She was embraced by each one of them and given blessings. She kept on fidgeting nervously as she sat next to Anika bhabi and Bhavya. She didn't realize the reason until her eyes fell upon Omkara. He looks.. so handsome..

Gauri blushed as she realized she was ogling her so-called husband and turned further an intense red when she saw Omkara doing the same.

Rudra, Omkara's youngest brother cleared his throat, quite loudly as he asked, wagging his eyebrows with a wide grin on his face,"Are you going to continue romancing with each other by looking into each other's eyes or are you even going to complete the rituals?"

"Hey, why are you teasing my new daughter? Come here, my daughter!" Dadi scolded Rudra, as she called Gauri to come sit next to her.

Gauri shyly went towards Dadi who was seated beside Omkara and sat next to her.

"You are looking so beautiful. May god keep the evil eyes away  from you. Jhanvi, please bring the rings and the bangles." Dadi said to Jhanvi.

"Mother, here you go. All the three of them." Jhanvi smiled and held out the boxes to Dadi, who took it from her and got up from  her seat saying, "My daughter, sit next to Omkara."

"Okay." Gauri said shyly as she got up and sat next to Omkara.

"Now both of you put rings on each other." Dadi gave the rings to them.

Gauri looked at Omkara, who gave her a gentle smile.

They put rings on their partner's fingers, respectively. Everyone clapped as the ring ceremony was over. Then Omkara's grandmother slid the the bangles in her hands, saying,  "This is for you, my new daughter. God bless you."

Then came the Mehendi and Haldi rituals.

When the mehendi designer asked her the name of her husband, that she was supposed to inscribe on her palm, she hesitated for a moment. And then she whispered, "Omkara".

She looked up to see that Omkara had witnessed the scene, as he talked with Shivaay, Rudra and Rohan. And he sort of looked... elated.

After all the ceremonies were done and the Kul Gotr puja her name was entered into the family book.

Gauri felt as if someone had grabbed her heart tightly that she couldn't breathe. She felt so guilty. Because she was playing with each and everyone's  feelings. Specially Dadi. Moreover her name was entered officially in a book, where it was supposed to be the name of their real bahu. Not her.

Guilt was slowly suffocating her, so much that she stepped out to the pool room for a while. She didn't know how she got past others, but she didn't care anymore. She just needed some fresh air.

She sat in front of the pool, gazing forward, when she heard footsteps coming towards her.

"Gauri. Are you alright?" It was Omkara. He then slowly sat next to her and looked at her.

"I just needed some air. We... what we are doing.. it's all wrong.. We are playing with their feelings... When they will get to know that this is all fake - " Gauri said tearfully when Omkara interrupted.

" Everyone knows about us. Everything."

"What?! Then why are we doing all this? Why, Omkara?!"

"My grandmother's belief. Till now whatever my grandmother has believed in, everything has come true.. And she believes... that we both are made for each other.. And that is why she demanded me to bring you home respectfully as my wife." Omkara explained to her, quietly as she listened.

Gauri let out a breath. Atleast she didn't need to feel guilty.

"If she is not right?" Gauri asked him, gazing into his eyes.

"'That is just not possible." Omkara gave her that smile, that curled her insides and made her want to kiss -

"Oh! So you guys here romancing with each other! Who will complete these rituals?" Rudra shouted as he barged in the room, breaking them out of their reverie. Both blushed scarlet as they looked everywhere but themselves.

What was happening to them?

*******************************

After the wedding

"Come inside, my daughter. This ritual is known as Grah-Pravesh. In many areas of India, this ritual is followed very strictly. The bride does not have the permission to set foot in her in-laws house before this ritual is completed. But we don't believe in that. We only do this ritual to keep the tradition alive in our generation. Now you will have to push this jar lightly with your right leg thumb. And then step into this plate. After that walk on this white sheet and enter inside. Got it, my child?" Dadi explained the rasam to Gauri, who didn't object even though she knew the tradition by-heart.

After she walked over the white sheet imprinting it with her red-colored footprints, she looked up to Omkara, who stood beside her and was looking down upon her. 

Now our routes have become one, Omkara.

*******************************

PS: Whew. A very very long chapter. Almost 2k words. Only for you - Shailjabanthia!
Hope you will enjoy this installment even though there is not much excitement. Love ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 9.9K 54
Marriage in an unpleasant Circumstance Entagles their Souls together in the journey of Love . When She Decides to Let Go Of her Haunting Past , He H...
6.1K 500 3
he came back to his house after 2 years.... he is afraid.... can his family will accept him? he himself ruin everything because of his own selfish re...
3.3K 303 13
A RIKARA FF ❣️ What will Happen Om and Gauri who are Good Friends has to be get married in an Unexpected Situation.? Will they be able to Accept each...
love? By lavanya

Fanfiction

114K 4.8K 51
a rikara story in this story, rikara are married but om can't accept gauri. why? find out in upcomings. but gauri has gaven her life to om. she does...