Marked by the Alpha

By zabellerain

"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shud... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter: Weston's POV
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
** AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
author's note: a proposal
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
UPDATE.
Chapter 25
QA
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Sequel Preview
Author's Note

Chapter 16

1.1M 39.6K 15.5K
By zabellerain

Hey guys! So I’m so sorry for the huge wait on this. As most of you know, my grandma was really sick. It scared me to death. I even had to skip some days of school so I could take care of her. I hope you guys understand. However, she’s feeling so much better now. So to celebrate here’s a chapter 16. Let’s say fifteen votes to motivate me for next chapter? 20 votes for a Weston’s POV? Dedicated to her ^ cause she commented about my grams (: THANKS GIIRL !

LOVE, ENJOY, VOTE, FAN, COMMENT.

Xo, zabelle06

I flopped down on my bed, sighing as I did so. It felt good to finally relax after a long, hot day. My hair was in a high, messy bun and I was already in my pajamas. Wearing those skinny jeans and that flared top was suffocating me the whole day. I took a deep breath, relishing the cold air that left goose bumps on my legs and arms.

Yeah, you probably guessed. We went shopping the whole day. Buying cloth for the dresses, silverware, having a meeting with the caterer and the party designer, purchasing wedding favors, trying food and drinks, and so much more.

My legs were hurting like hell and my body was as stiff as cardboard. I’m sure that when I wake up tomorrow, I’ll be sore to the bone. I didn’t even want to eat dinner because fatigue was getting in the way. Yep, that’s how tired I was.

And no, I did not invite my so - called “boy friend”. Besides, I didn’t have one. So I pretended that my boy friend spent the day with his father. I don’t consider it lying, I was pretending. Those are two different things, right?

Then, my thoughts drifted to Weston. He wasn’t my boy friend, but somehow, he came to mind. I involuntarily smiled while I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. He seemed so normal. It seemed like he was just a hormonal teenage boy with problems like everybody else. There seemed to be nothing about him supernatural and scary, even though he was a werewolf. I wonder why he doesn’t talk about it often and whenever I ask him about werewolves, he’ll answer, but quickly digress.

I could slowly feel my heavy lids start to fall and the darkness tugging me. My breathing became heavy as I was completely relaxed. I hugged the pillow closest to me and invited sleep.

‘I’m at a payphone,

Trying to call home.

All of my change I spent on you…’

Maroon 5 sang from my cell phone. My eyes had a hard time adjusting to the glow emitting from my phone. I groaned and stuck my hand out, grabbing my phone on the lamp stand. Who the hell would be calling this late at night? 

“Hello?” I groaned into the phone when I answered it, forgetting to check who it was.

“Seriously, Ells? Maroon 5?” I heard Weston’s humored voice from the other end. “I’m outside, by the way.”

I flipped onto my back, rubbing my eyes with my free hand. “What? I love them! And what did you just call me? And great! Stay outside!”

“Ells. My new nickname for you.” I didn’t reply. Because of my silence, he thought I didn’t get it, so he proceeded to explain to me. “You know, since your name is DaniELLa and then I added an S-“

“I get it,” I said sternly, scratching my face.

“Gosh, someone’s on their period.”

“Unlike you, I don’t have my period every day.” Suddenly, an idea crawled its way into my head and a sinister smile stretched onto my face. “Oh, now I got a nick name for you!” I laughed evilly into the phone. “Dot.”

He sounded liked he choked on something. “You wouldn’t.” I could picture his eyes bulging out of it sockets. The image of it made me laugh.  

 “Oh, I would … Dot.”

“Whatever, Ells. Anyways, that’s not why I called. Aren’t you going to invite me in?”

“Aren’t you on patrol?” I asked strangely. That’s the only reason he’d be outside, right?

“Nope, my shift’s tomorrow,” Wes explained.

I heard a dull ‘thunk’ on my window. I stumbled to the huge glass and looked outside. Of course, standing in the middle of the lawn was none other than Weston. The glow of the moonlight shone on his profile. Even if it wasn’t the best lighting, I could still make out the angular shape of his jaw and cheekbones, his red full lips, his hair – which he wore as a faux hawk tonight, and his crystal blue eyes that seemed to sparkle like diamonds. He wore his football varsity jacket and jeans and man, did it make him look sexy. I got to admit, he is really gorgeous. “Thanks,” Weston said with pride, interrupting my thoughts.

My eyes bulged out and I stuttered. “H-how d-did you know w-what I was t-thinking?”

“It’s a mate thing, honey. Get used to it.” From here, I could see his smirk. He pulled back his arm and threw another rock in an attempt to make me flinch. However, I just stood there unfazed.

“Throw it any harder, Romeo. Even if my window breaks, I won’t be scared,” I sighed.

He chuckled. “Really? If you’re not going to let me in, I could go to the front door and ring it instead.”

“No!” I whispered angrily at him, pacing back and forth in front of the window. My mom could not know who he was. And Weston is not the type of person you would want your mom to meet. That would just make her worst on my trail of having a “boy friend”.

“If I were your boy friend, I’d never let you go. I can take you places you ain’t never been before –“ Weston started belting the lyrics to Justin Bieber’s “Boy Friend” into the phone, but I interrupted.

“Bye Weston!” I sang and hit the end button, ignoring his protests.

I smirked and looked out my window again, wanting to see his startled expression. However, he wasn’t there. What! He was there just like thirty seconds ago! I scrunched my eyebrows together and looked towards the woods. Maybe he ran in there or something.

“Are you scared now?” Someone whispered in my ear. I jumped a mile into the air, making my phone fly. I almost screamed, but the person clamped my mouth to shut it. “Relax, Ells. You’re so tense.”

I bit Weston’s hand in frustration, so he quickly pulled away, unfazed from my nibble. I quickly turned around and glared at him, but he just smiled sweetly at me. He chuckled, his face turning a shade of red and pointed at me like he was a child. “You should’ve seen your face!”

“Weston! How did you get in here?” I tapped my foot impatiently and narrowed my eyes.

“Um, I’m a werewolf, Ells.” He explained to me like I was a five year old, flicking my nose.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. I shifted my weight to the other foot when Weston’s eyes raked down my body. He was trying not to make it obvious, but he was failing miserably. His blue eyes turned a dark shade and it somehow got bigger than normal. Veins started to pop out slightly at his neck.

I stared at him shocked and awed at the same time. What was happening to him? It was so strange, yet so beautiful its own way. It was scary, but inviting. I was trying to figure this whole look out. However, he quickly shook his head and smiled. He turned his gaze up to my face. “I like your pajamas,” his smile widened.

I blushed. I’m pretty sure I was as red as a tomato. I was in nothing but a purple, tight fitted tank top and a really short black bottom with lace on it and a purple ribbon at the front of the waist line. I’m not trying to be conceited, but it showed off my curves, my toned arms, and long creamy, white legs. Not to mention, my shorts hugged the cheeks of my butt perfectly. “I would’ve changed if you waited, you know.”

“I don’t mind,” He mumbled as his eyes lazily did another once over of my body. He sucked in a sharp breath. “I really don’t mind.”

I snapped my fingers. “Hey, Dot.” He looked up at me, questioningly. “Yeah, eyes up here! Now, why are you here?”

Then, the strangest thing happened. Weston Marshall blushed. He actually blushed! A slight pink tinge coated his perfect cheeks. One of my eyebrows rose up in shock. “I – I just wanted to hang out.”

“Really? Why are you here?”

“Like I said … I wanted to hang out,” he said with irritation, scratching the back of his neck and looking at the ground. He obviously does not like to admit many things. Especially when he’s being nice. He lifted out a brown paper bag from his hand that I didn’t notice before. His voice was so tiny when he spoke. “I brought Ben & Jerry’s strawberry ice cream. It’s your favorite right? And I also rented a movie – um, I hope Captain America is alright.”

I blinked, shocked that he actually wanted to hang out tonight. Mostly because, he was being shy. Weston Marshall … shy? I stood there, unmoving. He took this as a bad sign and scratched the back of his neck and looked down again. “You know what? I should just leave,” He hitched a thumb to the door. “You can keep the ice cream. Uh … sorry.”

That got me out of my shocked stage. He felt embarrassed. I hated it when people felt embarrassed. Part of me was afraid to say no, another part was because he was actually being nice, and the other part wanted to hang out with him. “No!” I yelped and gripped his arm. He turned around and eyed me suspiciously. I let go of my death grip, straightened myself out, and coughed. “I would love to hang out with you!”

So, that’s how we ended up sitting awkwardly on my bedroom couch, eating popcorn, and staring at the television. He sat at one end, while I sat at the other end. I felt him glancing in my direction a couple times or so. However, I just continued to munch on my popcorn.

In my peripheral vision, I saw him shrug of his jacket. He was in nothing but a white fitted t-shirt and it looked – lick – your - lips kind of delicious. Man, I’m really turning into a pervert.

He coughed, trying to get my attention. So that’s what I did. He looked nervously at his legs and scratched the back of his neck. His voice came out in a small whisper once again that night. “My dad – he yelled at Jade today. He was so pissed off that he almost hurt her. He came home drunk, Ells and started calling Jade stupid just because she looked so much like mom. I don’t know. I lost control.” He ran a hand down his face and he looked like a lost child. I hugged my knees close to my chest, allowing him to finish. My eyes widened on their own accord and my lips opened slightly in shock. “I punched him and ordered Jade to stay with Eli and Jet tonight. I just don’t get it! My dad is alpha, but I feel that my power is stronger because it’s my time to reign soon. But, I don’t know, Ells. I wished I didn’t have so much power because I wouldn’t have hurt the only parent I have now. I feel like my mom’s looking down at me and shaking her head at me in disgust.”

He looked up at me through his eyelashes. “I wanted to hang out with you tonight because you make me forget about things.”

This caused me to push myself across the couch and hug him. And it was a real hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me tightly, loving his woodsy scent the surrounded me.

It took him a while to respond, but I felt his strong arms slowly wrap around my waist and his face to hide in my shoulder. I felt him shaking. Strange, warm droplets fell on my shoulder and it was soon that I realized that Weston was crying. His sobs grew louder and his arms at my waist held on to me tighter. “Danny, I disappointed her!”

I pulled away and looked at his face. His face was wet and his eyes were turning red. I slowly took his face in my hands, wiping the tears that fell with my thumbs. It was strange seeing a guy like him cry. And rare moments like these always caused me to feel for them. “Look at me,” I said, surprised my voice wasn’t wavering. “You did such a bold thing tonight, Weston. If your mom isn’t proud of you, she’s glad and happy that you kept her daughter safe. You showed her you could protect Jade and be the strong boy you are. If your mom is disappointed, it’s at your dad.”

He nodded and his arms around me loosened. “Can I please just hold you … Just for tonight?”

I slowly sank down on my butt and leaned my head on his chest, his arm going around me. “You don’t even need to ask,” I said and smiled when I saw him grinning.

Turns out, we missed a lot of the beginning part of the movie. So now, it was the part where Captain America shows his glorious body. I licked my lips and drooled a little. “Man, that is my hero. Although, I would love to see a stud in his ear. Oh gosh, he is so hot,” I said involuntarily, forgetting Weston was behind me.

I felt his chest move up and down as he chuckled. “He’s not as hot as me. You like earrings?”

I rolled my eyes at his first statement and waved it away quickly. I shrugged. “Earrings are sexy. But not two earrings, I rather prefer one on guys. Lip rings kind of scare me and other piercings in general. I like to stay pure and keep it in the ear.” (A/N: no hating to those who have piercings in other places. This is just Danny’s character! I have one earring on my nose just for proof. Wink*)

His hand stroked my hair slowly and as much as I hate to admit it, I loved it. “Chris Evans is so much hotter than you, Dot,” I mumbled and smirked.

Weston’s hand froze. I knew he would hear me. He feigned a gasp and said, “What did you say?”

“Chris Evans is hotter than you, Dot!” I said, and crossed my arms.

Since his arm was still around me, he started tickling my belly. I laughed so hard, I ended up snorting again. He chuckled too, knowing he got me. I tumbled off the couch and started running away from him.

“Hey!” he yelled.

However, being the fast werewolf he was, he grabbed me and pinned we to the wall, tickling my sides again. “O-okay! I gi – “ giggle, “I’m sorry!” I said breathlessly. 

“That’s more like it,” Weston said with a triumphant smirk. He placed his arms on either side of me. Then, it instantly dropped because he noticed how close he was to me.

I felt the heat from his body radiating on my skin and if I would, I would bathe in it forever. The light from the television flickered on his handsome face. His woodsy smell didn’t fail to make me a little bit woozy. Most importantly, his eyes held so much intensity that it made me feel … wanted and adored.

Was it me? Or was this moment just repeating itself again?

He dragged his eyes from my own to my lips, his pupils growing bigger and turning black to crystal blue again every second that seemed to pass. I saw his adam’s apple move and down as he gulped. I couldn’t help myself as I looked at his full lips too, trying to memorize every crack on it. The way the light scar line was slightly slanted to the right.

I slowly brought my hand to his lips, tracing the scar on his bottom lip. Without meaning to, Weston shuddered. I looked at his eyes, which were trained on my lips. However, he didn’t move or even try to make a move. Indecision crossed his eyes. He was obviously scared, like I was.

But it was time to make a change.

So, I popped up on my tip toes and pressed my lips onto his soft ones.

Loved it? (;

Xo, zabelle06

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 564 6
"You're mine, don't you understand!" he shouted "No," I say quietly lowering my head as to not see his pitch black eyes and angry state. As my eyes s...
625K 18.2K 46
When Ivy Lancaster, a young and successful publisher, saves a family farm in an old rundown town, her life is flipped on its axis. Her charity puts h...
397K 14.7K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...
133K 529 4
*WARNING!!!!!! EXCERPT ONLY!!! Full version available only on Dreame and Amazon.* "Soon, Ellie." He takes a whiff from my neck before whispering se...