5. | SPECIAL - stiles stilins...

By filteredthots

"everybody has a chapter they will never read out loud." check out SKYLAR, STRONG, SPIRIT and STRIKE before... More

hey
cast
1. monsterous dog boy
2. i fell in a hole
3. the inner circle
4. new york best sellers
6. say that to the son of a cop
7. theres not enough duct tape in the world
8. break the glass
9. i'm not paying for the windows
10. arrow to my stomach phobia
11. he ate his twin
hey
surprise chapter!

5. try not taking the hardest classes

1.4K 41 1
By filteredthots

skylar was at the sheriffs station with stiles and malia. they were going over all the chimeras that have died. sheriff stilinski put an x over tracy's picture.

"chimeras." he said looking at her picture.

"two dead chimeras." stiles said.

"and eight new ones." malia said.

"ten in all." skylar said.

"i'm thinking maybe 11." stiles' father said putting up another picture.

skylar put her hand on stiles' shoulder once she saw that he put up a picture of donovan. stiles looked back at her and she gave him a reassuring smile.

"our station tech guys confirmed something for me... they said, both the holding cell lock and cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic. you said that, uh, these guys..." stiles' father said picking up the book.

"dread doctors." skylar said.

"are we really calling them that?" sheriff stilinski asked.

"so they broke donovan out?" malia asked.

"that's how they got into eichen, isn't it?" noah asked.

"donovan's a chimera." malia said walking over to the picture.

"yeah. but... is he a failure like lucas and tracy?" his father said.

skylar noticed stiles walked to the back of the room and she followed behind him.

"it's okay." skylar said placing her hand on top of his as he looked up at her and nodded, letting out a breath.

"if he is, he's probably dead." malia said.

"not until i've seen a body." sheriff said.

"you're uncharacteristically quiet." his dad said turning to stiles.

"sorry, uh... i'm just trying to think about it. uh... these were all teenagers, right? so, now shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? if the dread doctors, if they went through all that... burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail..." stiles trailed off.

"they couldn't have been chosen at random." sheriff stilinski said.

"they had to have something in common." malia said as skylar nodded in agreement.

"something that made them right... right for this experiment." stiles' father said.

"something that made them special." stiles said.

-

stiles, kira, malia, lydia, scott, skylar and theo were all at scotts house so they could read the book together.

"my moms book club usually has more wine." lydia said.

"well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." stiles said.

"that's why malias here." scott said as malia gave him a small smile.

"so none of us go running into traffic?" kira said as scott nodded.

"or worse." skylar said.

"like what happened to judy. chapter 14." malia said.

"maybe i should have my mother read it. she might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone." lydia said.

"yeah, if it works." stiles said.

"it has to." skylar said.

"what does that mean?" scott asked her.

"i'm pretty sure i saw them... during my surgery. when i look at the cover of the book... it's almost like..." skylar began saying.

"a memory trying to surface." theo said.

"pretty much." skylar said looking up at him.

"isn't that what valack wanted when he wrote it?" kira asked.

"if they actually did something to me, i wanna know what exactly it is they did." skylar said grabbing a book and sitting down.

everyone followed her lead and grabbed a copy of the book and they sat down.

"anyone feeling anything yet?" scott asked after a few minutes.

"tired." kira said.

"hungry." lydia said.

"bored." skylar said.

"i think he meant the book." theo said.

kira was tired of reading so she put the book down and rested her head and closed her eyes.

"you're not giving up, are you?" scott asked her.

"i'm just resting my eyes." kira replied as she shut off the lamp behind her.

skylar and lydia were eventually asleep and so was stiles, malia and scott. theo was the only one that was still awake with a sleeping skylar on his shoulder. kira had went upstairs to sleep on scotts bed after a while.

-

"what if we need some kind of trigger? wasn't malia driving when she remembered the crash?" scott asked.

"yeah, but how are we supposed to trigger a memory that we don't remember?" stiles asked as they walked down the hall.

"maybe it's a delayed thing. maybe you have to wait a couple of hours to see what happens." scott said as the lights started flicking.

skylar, scott and stiles all turned to look at kira.

"that wasn't me. i swear." kira said.

"we keep an eye on each other today, okay?" scott said.

"we also keep an eye out for eight other potentially homicidal chimeras." skylar said.

"and keep an eye out for the dread doctors." kira said as her and scott walked to class.

"starting to see the appeal of a third eye." stiles said as him and skylar walked over to her locker.

"you doing okay? you know, with the whole donovan thing." skylar asked him.

"i'm dealing. but malia, she seems suspicious." stiles said.

"why did you only tell me?" skylar asked.

"because, out of everyone you're the one person i knew would never give up on me. when i got possessed you were the one who'd always know if it was me or the nogitsune. i'm not sure how but you knew even when scott didn't." stiles explained.

"stiles, you were always an important person to me. i noticed because i know you better than i know myself." skylar replied as he smiled.

after that, stiles walked skylar to class and skylar went to sit next to lydia.

"so while introducing the african cane toad, sounded like a good way to deal with australias infestation of the grey backed beetle, unfortunately, tnt toad also decided to eat everything else in sight. and everything that tried to eat the toad, from crocodiles to household pets, quickly died from the poison they secreted." mrs. finch said.

skylar didn't listen to the rest because she was distracted by sydney. she was running her fingers through her hair when she pulled out a big clump of hair. lydia had already noticed and she was texting theo about it. 

sydney got up from her desk and put a drop form on mrs. finchs desk.

"wise decision, sydney." she told her.

skylar and lydia got up immediately to go see what was going on with her.

"girls, you know it's for the best." mrs. finch said but they just ignored her and walked out.

they went into the room sydney went to to see her crying.

"i was just looking for your mom. i mean mrs. martin." she told lydia.

"are you okay?" skylar asked her.

"does this look okay?" sydney asked showing them the ball or hair in her hand.

"how long has it been happening?" lydia asked her.

"three years." sydney replied.

"years?" lydia said walking closer to her.

"it's stress. i've tried everything. medication, acupuncture, hypnosis." sydney said.

"maybe try not taking the hardest classes in school." skylar joked making her laugh.

"let us see it. maybe we can help cover it up." lydia said as sydney nodded.

when she pulled her hair back, skylar could only see a gross infected ear with black stuff in it. while lydia saw normal skin. skylar let out a gasp and she fell on the ground.

"skylar go back in the car. go back in the car sweetheart." her mother said. 

young skylar walked in and saw her father laying in the bathtub with a hole drilled into his head as her mother looked at him with tears in her eyes.

"shawn, what have you done?" amy said but when she turned and saw her six year old daughter she immediately looked at her.

"skylar they're coming for us. they're coming for us all." shawn told her.

"honey, i told you to stay in the car." amy said.

"skylar, are you okay?" scott asked her.

skylar snapped out of her vision and she saw lydia, scott and theo. her hand was shaking and she was scared from what she just saw. scott noticed her shaking and placed his hand on top of hers.

"i'm okay. i'm fine." skylar said.

"you remembered something." theo said.

"it wasn't about the dread doctors. nothing to do with them or the surgery." skylar replied.

"what was it?" scott asked as him and theo went to help her off the floor and sat her into a chair.

"my father. at eichen house." skylar said.

"skylar, oh, my god. skylar. are you alright?" natalie said rushing in the room with sydney behind her.

"i'm alright, mrs. martin." skylar told her.

"was it a blackout? did you faint?" natalie asked. natalie thought of skylar as her other daughter considering how many times she had been over at lydias.

"yeah. i just, fainted. but, i'm fine." skylar told her.

-

skylar had a free period and she was watching the lacrosse practice and soccer practice. she noticed that liam was looking at payton who was setting up her soccer ball.

"i don't know, dude. everyone at devenfords pretty abnormal to me." brett told mason.

"alright. what else is there to look for?" mason asked.

"heightened strength, smell, hearing, speed." skylar began.

"uh, able to see in the dark." brett said.

"glowing eyes." mason said.

"eyes that reflect the light." brett said.

"visible scorpio stringers protruding out of limbs?" mason said.

"yeah. or three foot lizard tails." brett said as mason laughed.

"there goes my ptsd." skylar said.

she looked out to the field that see liam try to shoot a ball in the net but missed. payton kicked her soccer ball and it went into the net and she grinned at her boyfriend. liam went back to shoot another ball and it went in. payton and liam started competing against each other and skylar was getting interested.

"what's up with those two?" brett asked.

"sixth grade. they've always been competitive with each other since then and it always ended baldy especially for liam's anger management issues." mason explained.

"but, oddly enough my sister looked past it and they're now together. but i guess some things never change." skylar said as brett laughed.

skylar turned her head when she heard someone running.

"does anyone here have asthma? anyone got an inhaler?" he shouted.

"scott." skylar whispered.

skylar quickly ripped open her bag and took out calebs inhaler and ran as fast as she could in the school with liam not far behind her.

"scott, i'm here. i've got the inhaler." skylar said running into the classroom and she placed the inhaler in his hand.

"scott." skylar said but he didn't move.

"scott, come on." liam said.

liam grabbed his shoulder and looked at him with his yellow glowing eyes.

"scott." he said making him finally look at him and he took a puff of the inhaler.

"thanks, guys." scott said to them.

-

skylar drove to the hospital during school to go and see if she could trigger her memory and stiles tagged along.

"okay, then what are we doing here if you've already had your suppressed memory?" stiles asked her as they got out of the car.

"expect that it wasn't the right memory. i remembered my dad in eichen house. nothing to do with the surgery, and nothing to do with that dread doctors. but i read the book, why don't i have the full memory of my experience with them?" skylar asked. she also noticed the look in stiles' eyes when she mentioned her father at eichen house.

"i'm not supposed to know that, am i?" stiles asked.

"of course not, something... happened during the surgery. but now that i'm actually thinking that it has more to do with me being a psychopomp. it's not my memory, stiles. it's someone else's." skylar said.

stiles and skylar walked into the hospital and went into the operating room that skylar was in. stiles held the door open as skylar walked into the dark room.

"can you turn the lights on?" skylar asked him as he went over to the light switch, but when he tried to turn them on, they didn't work.

"uh... not going on." stiles told her.

"can you ask someone?" skylar asked him.

"okay, i thought this was more of an auditory thing." stiles said.

"yes, but i have to see what i'm hearing to be able to understand it fully." skylar told him.

"makes sense." stiles said as he excited the room.

skylar kept looking around the room waiting to hear something, anything. she started to hear a beeping noise, like a heart monitor. skylar walked over to the heart monitor and she put her hand on it and closed her eyes. all she could see was payton's best friend, hayden.

when skylar opened her eyes again all she could see was this guys being operated on by the dread doctors. that was the memories she had been seeing. she closed her eyes again and thought about home. when her eyes opened again she got a bad feeling in her gut, like something bad was happening.

skylar heard a growl and she turned around to see a chimera named josh behind her. he went to grab her, she ducked down and kicked him down. she tried to run away and then she grabbed a drill and once josh tried to swing at her, she grabbed his arm but josh pushed her down.

"now i'm going to kill you." josh said making skylar very scared.

skylar tried crawling away but he was getting closer. skylar shoved a bunch of stuff on the ground and josh accidentally tripped on the pan the surgeons use and when he tripped, his chest plunged right into the drill. josh was dead. she killed him.

skylar let go of the drill and her hands were shaking. she didn't know what to do. all she thought of doing was running. she ran up to the sink and washed the blood off her hands and when she got back in the operation room, the body was gone.

skylar immediately ran up to the roof to see stiles and theo but she also saw a dead chimera with his throat ripped out. it was josh. theo must have taken him.

"i know what happened to donovan." theo said.

skylar watched stiles grab theo and shove him against a cage.

"you don't know anything." stiles told him.

theo grabbed stiles and shoved him against the gate this time.

"let him go." skylar said.

"i was there. i was at the library. malia found the book. she was texting us to see where you were. she said she left you at the library. i told her i was close. when i got there, i heard the scaffolding come down." theo said.

"you saw him?" stiles asked.

"just the body." theo said making stiles let go of him and theo let go of stiles.

"i watched you come out. i was gonna say something but then i saw the cop car. and the body was gone. i don't know who took him. i only saw what you saw, and i didn't say anything because you didn't." theo said.

all their heads turned when they heard sirens in the distance.

"that's not an ambulance, is it?" theo asked as stiles shock his head and walked over to the body.

"we should get out of here." theo said.

"we can't just leave him." stiles told him.

"fine. all right, let's take him. someone's stealing the bodies anyway, right? here's our chance to find out who. stiles, come on. we gotta so something." theo said.

"you killed him." stiles said quietly but skylar managed to hear it.

"in self defense. he was going to kill us then once he saw skylar he was gonna kill her too. if we stay, we're either gonna have to tell the truth or we're going to need a pretty convincing story. it's your choice. i'm not gonna ask you to lie to your dad." theo said.

"don't worry. i've had plenty of practice." stiles replied as he picked up the body and theo went over to help him.

while stiles went to talk to his dad, skylar was left alone with theo. she had to get answers from him.

"i saw what happened." theo admitted to her making her look at him with confusion.

"why did you cover for me?" skylar asked him.

"because, i know you wouldn't want anyone knowing about this. it was just easier if i made it look like i did it." theo replied.

"so, you aren't going to tell anyone?" skylar asked.

"not unless you do." theo replied as she nodded.

"thank you." skylar said.

-

"do you know him?" theo asked scott.

skylar felt guilt wash over her. she was lying to everyone. she was the reason josh was dead. it was all her fault. she did this.

they brought the body to the morgue and met up with scott.

"his names josh. he was a junior." scott replied.

"which one did it? the one with the cane?" scott asked.

"yeah." theo replied.

theo told scott that it was the dread doctors that killed him. but skylar couldn't stop her guilty conscious. 

"what are we going to do with him? we can't just set the alarm and leave. that's how tracy disappeared. someone's got to stay here with him." stiles said.

"i'll do it. it's not like i had a big saturday night planned." theo said.

scotts phone vibrated and when he looked at it, skylar saw the worried look on his face.

"what is it, scott?" skylar asked.

"another one. another chimera." scott said.

-

scott, stiles, skylar, payton and liam went over to hayden's house. she was another chimera. scott went over to her door and knocked.

"hayden, i know that you're scared, but we just... we want to help." scott said but got no response.

"i can hear her heart beating. she's really freaked out. what happened?" scott asked liam and payton.

liam and payton had went to talk to her at the club but when she drove back home, the dread doctors were after her.

"she was fine when we got here." payton said.

"i went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in." liam said.

"why?" stiles asked.

"i don't know." liam and payton said in sync.

"she's definitely a chimera?" scott asked.

"she said she was hearing a voice that said, your condition improves." payton said.

"okay, that's unsettling." stiles said moving over to hayden's door.

"hayden. this is stiles. your sister works for my dad down at the station. look, just open the door, okay? you can trust us." stiles told her.

"we just need to tell truth, hayden. and that kind of thing usually is better face to face. listen, either you're gonna unlock the door or i'm gonna have to break it open. it's okay if you don't wanna talk or if you're not ready to believe us. but i just... i gotta know that you're okay in there." scott said as they waited and the door finally unlocked.

when i opened, thru saw hayden had long claws and yellow glowing eyes.

"i believe you." hayden said.

man, i should bring stylar back. i miss it tbh. also how do y'all feel about skylar doing that to josh?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

588 12 13
Each chapter is like an episode so let's see how the group deal with keeping the supernatural at bay and deal with high school.
54K 1K 16
"you can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." i suggest you re...
68.3K 1.3K 50
Your best friends older brother, you shouldn't, but the feelings just won't go away. (18+ only, minors DNI. Warnings: graphic sexual content, impa...
59.6K 1K 35
Was everything just a memory for them {book started 5/31/16}{book 1}