What You Won't Do....Do For L...

By jnaye13

A different kind of love. Two people from two different worlds. It's amazing how the little things they have... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Quick Question
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.

Chapter 21.

391 27 27
By jnaye13

"So was it good?"Nia said over the phone.

"Was it?!"I responded.

"I'm so proud of you bestfriend,"she said.

"Whatever, I kind of miss him right now,"I blushed.

"Awww you really like him,"she teased,"Might even love him."

"Love? Oh nooo we've only been dating a while and had sex once, my judgement isn't clear enough to say that,"I responded.

"You never know girl,"she said as I rolled my eyes.

"So did you fuck David yet?"she asked.

"Really? No!"I said.

"Why?"she asked.

"What do you mean why? Me and Trey made it official,"I explained,"I'm in a relationship now Nia, I can't mess this up especially not like that."

"I understand,"she said.

"Thank you, hold on that's him right now FaceTiming me can I call back later?"I asked.

"Yea girl,"she said hanging up.

"Hey baby,"I answered.

"Hey boo what you doing?"he asked.

"Umm just laying down missing you,"I bit my lip trying to be cute.

"I miss you too sexy, I just wish I was there to kiss you,"he said,"Give me a kiss."

"How am I going to kiss you silly?"I asked giggling.

"Through the phone like Soulja boy,"he joked.

"Mmwah,"I kissed my phone.

"Aww you so sweet baby,"he joked.

"You need to send me a schedule of your tour dates so I can see you perform,"I mentioned.

"I'm working on that as we speak, but what are we doing after the show?"he asked making me blush.

"I don't know go home,"I said being smart.

"I was thinking about taking you out,"he said.

"Baby you know we can't do that, I'm not ready to be seen together out in public so soon,"I said.

"And I know that, I wouldn't do anything you wouldn't approve of babe,"he explained.

"Babe?!"I heard.

"Mommy! What are you doing here and how did you even get in my house?"I panicked hanging up in Trey's face.

"What am I not allowed to see my daughter, my ONLY daughter at that, in fact my only CHILD period?"she said with an attitude.

"Of course Mommy,"I hugged her,"Next time just knock or you know what just call before you come."

"Who is babe?"she asked not hesitating to get into my business.

"No one,"I said.

"It better not be who I think it is,"she said waiting for a reaction from me,"Girl I will smack the crap out of you if it's that low life Keri that broke your heart."

"Mommy it's DEFINITELY NOT Keri okay,"I assured her.

"Well that's good,"she responded,"So it's someone new, got it."

"Mommy for once could you just not..."I started.

"Get in your business, right,"she sighed,"Toni baby if you're dating I'm proud of you."

"Thank you,"I said.

"I just pray that this time he's the one for you, you're not getting any younger and I know a family is something you've always wanted, be careful and watch all the signs good and bad,"she said.

"Yes ma'am,"I said.

"Now I brought you some groceries, I thought maybe we could have some dinner together,"she said walking into the kitchen.

Me: I'm so sorry babe, I'll call you back. 😘

Trey: It's cool but what's going on?

Me: My mom came to visit and I panicked.

Trey: Oh cool, tell Ms. E I miss her. She don't know about us yet huh?

Me: I haven't gotten around to telling her.

Trey: You should tell her babe I think she'll understand

Me: Ttyl

Trey: 😘

"So I brought steak and potatoes and some green salad and you know some other stuff,"she said looking in my refrigerator,"You don't get around to much shopping do you? "

I rolled my eyes.

"Great mommy,"I said,"Um where's daddy?"

"He's actually hosting a meeting in the church, we're doing a fundraiser,"she explained,"You should donate sweetie, great cause."

"Yes ma'am,"I agreed,"I'll look into it."

"Toni!"I heard someone yell. Shit David's back!

"What in tarnation?"My mama froze.

I immediately ran to the door to stop him from going into the kitchen. He was standing there waiting for me with a smile plastered on his face.

"David what the hell?!"I whispered.

"Look I have great news,"he smiled,"Wait why are you whispering?"

"Look you have to go, my mother is here and she doesn't know anything about you living with me,"I explained.

"Well just tell her,"he responded,

"It's not that simple, I don't want her judging you,"I said.

"Toni! That is not the kind of person I am young man, how you doing I'm Evelyn Toni's mother,"my mama said reaching her hand out,"We were just talking about you."

"Talking?"he asked shaking her hand,"I'm David by the way."

"You must be Babe?"she smiled at the both of us.

"No no no no no, mommy you have it all wrong, David is not my boyfriend,"I said.

"What is it with you young people and titles, if I were you I'd be very upset if my girlfriend didn't claim me,"she responded.

"No seriously he's not my boyfriend at all period, tell her David,"I said.

"Mrs. Braxton as beautiful as your daughter is, it would be a dream come true to be able to call her mines, but sadly we're not dating whatsoever,"he explained,"Sorry for the misunderstanding."

"It's okay I apologize for assuming,"she responded.

"Thank you,"I sighed.

"David we were just about to have a little dinner would you like to join us?"my mom asked.

"Um actually I've already planned dinner with someone else I'm sorry,"he said catching me completely off guard. Someone else?

"Well hopefully one day we'll have that dinner, it was so nice meeting you."

"Likewise Mrs. Braxton."

"Yea very likewise,"I said with a little attitude watching as David left out.

"He's a nice young man, is he a friend from the industry?"she asked.

"Umm yes he's a friend of mine,"I said,"he's an aspiring actor."

"Oh that's nice,"she said,"Well let's get this steak on the stove I'm starving!"

"Yea"

__________________________

"What's wrong babe?"Trey asked.

"Nothing just thinking,"I answered

"Want to talk about it?"he asked.

"It's nothing, look baby I'm a little tired could I call you tomorrow?"

"Yea, that's fine goodnight gorgeous,"he said.

"Goodnight handsome mwah,"I kissed the phone before I hung up.

I sat on my couch contemplating going to bed. It's almost midnight and David's still not here and for some reason I'm nervous. Girl bye, he is a grown man. My subconscious is right. Why the hell am I worrying about what he's doing?

"Toni?"I heard,"You're still up?"

"Yea, I was just watching a movie,"I lied.

"With the TV off, that's a new one, what's this one called?"he asked,"Blackness."

"Whatever,"I rolled my eyes as he sat next to me.

"You were waiting on me huh?"he asked with a wide grin on his face.

"No,"I rolled my eyes,"You wish huh?"

"Awww you're so cute,"he flirted rubbing my cheek,"Well to ease your nerves, I have some great news."

"What?"I asked.

"I have an audition for a new movie very soon,"he smiled.

"That's great David,"I said excitedly,"I'm proud of you!"

"Yea, I just had dinner with my new manager, we discussed all the details about her job, what she do, acting classes, meeting other actors, pros and cons of the industry, just all types of things to watch out for and many opportunities,"he explained,"I'm excited."

Her?

"What's her name? I might know her,"I asked.

"Oh hold on I think I still have her card,"he said,"Here you go."

"Oh she's gorgeous,"I complimented.

"Yea, those freckles,"he said making me cock my eyebrow at him,"When we were talking I could barely concentrate."

"Oh really?"I asked.

"Yea, but I'm a bit tired so maybe can we finish this conversation in the morning,"he yawned getting up.

"Yea, goodnight,"I said watching him walk away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1.1K 13
Two people from two different worlds and backgrounds. But they surprisingly understand each other better than anyone. They always share their deepest...
550K 23.5K 56
Teach me. Show me. I'm willing to learn what LOVE really is.
24.9K 945 36
Two totally different gay guys. Two totally different lives. One totally amazing love story.
89K 5.6K 24
Can knew he was never gonna be the man he used to be. Sanem thought differently.........