Halfblood | Sehun

Da ohsedumb

In Aelya humans and demons coexist, but they must not love each other, because from their love halfbloods are... Altro

Chapter 1
Read this
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.5 {Sehun}
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Promo
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Promo #2
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Final Chapter
Epilogue
Special Chapter (1)
Special Chapter (2)
NEW COVER + Author Talk
Behind The Scenes (jk trash)

Chapter 19

2.2K 126 15
Da ohsedumb

I narrowed my eyes at Sehun. "What do you mean you didn't create it?"

"I was going to make the wind disappear, but I got surprised when I saw that." His hand was on the back of his neck.

"But that was surely your power." I pointed out.

"Are you sure you didn't do it?" He asked me.

"What? I don't know.." I shrugged.
It was true, I really didn't know. I thought it was him all along and that was surely not my power. But on the other hand, it was true that I felt like my energy was being drenched, maybe it was really me?

"Why don't you try then?" Luhan joined the conversation. "I mean, if it was you, shouldn't you be able to do it once again?"

He was right. I tried to concentrate myself and somehow expected to create the wind once again, but I just failed. I glared at Sehun.
"Where you trying to make fun of me?" I snapped.

"No, I swear I wasn't." He backed up with his hands up in front of him.

"But Nayla, you tried to use your power just now, right..?" Luhan asked in a worried voice, I looked at him.

"Yeah and it didn't work, that stupid wind of his."

"But even the little power of fire you have didn't work." He said.

I frowned in my spot. It was true, since I tried to use my power I should've been able to make that. I grabbed Sehun's hand and pulled it near my mouth. I blew softly at his skin, but he didn't react.

"Doesn't it burn?" I almost shouted.
I blew at my own hand. No, it didn't burn, it wasn't even hot. I looked at Luhan who was watching me. He had a thoughtful expression.

"How is it even possible?" Sehun made me snap back my attention to him. "You're joking around, aren't you?" He smiled with a confused look on his face.

"I'm not joking around." I glared at him. "This is a problem."

"Let's just wait for the others and ask them what they think about it." Luhan sighed.

"Yeah.." I said and Luhan got up from his chair to go outside of Sehun's room or well our room, since it was mine too now.

Sehun cleared his voice before speaking. "I'm sure it's just a matter of time, you're probably just tired right now."

He was trying to comfort me. I chuckled a bit, which made Sehun look at me in confusion once again.

"It's weird." I said.

"What's weird?"

"It's weird that you seem a lot nicer these days." I honestly replied. He didn't even seem only nicer, but maybe even sweeter in the past few days. When we met he was always trying to put up with the cool, badass demon look while now he was more... honest and nice. I liked it better.

"So you want be to go back to being a jerk? Would that be normal?" He rolled his eyes.

"You were moody and a jerk, to be more precise." I added while chuckling.
"And no, I prefer this Sehun better."

"I'm glad to hear that, then." He briefly smiled before offering me his hand to stand up, which I accepted.

"Such a gentleman." I commented. His touch was soft and gentle while he pulled me up.

"Everything for the lady." He took a lock of my hair in his left hand, while the other didn't let go mine.

I chuckled and even though I was already standing now, he didn't move away. He remained in front of me, mere inches were separating us.

"I think Luhan is waiting for us." I tried to suggest, but he kept looking at me without saying anything. I noticed his gaze trailing down from my eyes to my lips, but I didn't move away when the inches between us got smaller and smaller. I could still feel his fingers on the back of my hand.

I felt like I was sweating too much. I didn't even think if I'd regret this later, but I closed my eyes.

A few seconds passed and I felt his touch from my hand vanish away. I looked at him and it only made me frown.

He was still watching me, but his expeession was confused. Now we weren't close at all, he had taken a step back from me.
He tried to open his mouth but words didn't come.

It was a mistake for him. I was a mistake for him. I felt the tears forming in my eyes, but I tried to pull them back.

"I-" Sehun tried to say something, but I looked away and headed toward the door.

I hadn't even put my hand on the handle when the door opened by itself in front of me. There was acutally Lay behind it.

"We're back-" He noticed the look on my face probably, I tried to give him a smile, but my eyes were still watery. I could see him fidgeting for a second, he was probably confused upon seeing me like that.

"Suho and the others are in the kitchen." He then told me and moved a bit so I could walk away. I heard Lay closing the door behind him.

I went to the washroom since I didn't want to be seen by any other person, too many had already seen me. The small pool or bath, whatever you want to call, was still full of water. I crouched down to see my reflection.

I was a mess. Even though the reflection wasn't perfect, I could notice that my face seemed reddish, especially the area around my eyes and my hair.. my hair was a mess too, probably because I passed out during practice and I was sleeping on the bed.

I patted my head, trying to adjust my hair somehow, but it didn't really work, even after I tried to comb it with my fingers. I sighed.

My face seemed to be back to normal, so I decided to go to the others. I didn't want to think about what happened and they could be a good distraction.

As I walked in the hallway, I heard another door open, it was the one to Sehun's room. I heard them behind me, but I kept walking towards the stairs.

"Go tell her." Lay whisper-shouted to Sehun, did he think I wasn't going to hear? Well, I could hear them very well. Lay pushed Sehun forward, but I was already walking down the stairs.

"No, not now." Sehun whispered back at him. I opened the door to the living room.

At least I knew that his rejection and apology was coming later and not now, I had the time to mentally prepare myself maybe.

I quickly walked to the kitchen to get rid of my thoughts as fast as possible.

Suho was there with Luhan, Kai and D.O. They were discussing about what happened in the practice room, but they stopped when I came in.

"We were talking about you, just now." Suho gave me a warm smile.
"I'm sorry for all the trouble I'm giving.." I bowed slightly, trying to apologize.

"You're not giving us any trouble." Kyungsoo replied.
"We're actually happy to have you here." Kai winked at me, which made me smile briefly because I had forgotten about his winks in the past few days.

"Thank you, really." I said and they all smiled.
"You don't even have to thank us." Suho patted my head.

Sehun and Lay walked in as well. Sehun greeted everybody, but I didn't even dare to take a glance in his direction. I went next to Luhan.

He sighed. "What the hell did he do?" He whispered. "I should've have stayed in." He was looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

"What did Suho say about the issue with my power?" I asked instead, he understood I didn't want him to bring up Sehun again.
"He thinks your temporary loss is because you're tired." He answered. "You should probably get some rest."

How could I even get some rest in Sehun's room? I almost asked him, but I shut my mouth before doing so.

"Anyway," Suho started. "since you're all here, I can announce you what Lay and I found out."

"Yeah, you won't believe it." Lay added.

"We found a book about our powers and how the inheritance works." I narrowed my eyes at Suho.

"Actually, the marks on our necks aren't exactly our power's symbol, but our only family's symbol." Suho explained. "That's why Lay has a unicorn even though he can't become one." Kai snapped his fingers.

"Unicorns have healing powers." Luhan looked done abou dealing with him.

"Anyway, as I was saying, our family's symbol doesn't have to obligatory represent our power. That could explain Nayla's situation." Suho looked at me.

"It's actually the mark of the stronger parent between the two, so we usually get that symbol and that power. But what if one of the parents doesn't have a symbol? You'll obviously get only the one from the demon parent." Lay added.

"This is what we're sure of. But now my speculation comes in." Suho scratched his head. "In your case, I think your mother had the blood of a demon in her, even though she's mostly human, we're sure she wasn't a halfblood and since you two are twins, Luhan took his father's power while you inherited it from your mother." Suho looked between me and Luhan. "That's the only explanation I can give you right now and it's actually the one that I talked about before, but now I'm almost sure of it."

"Anyway, since we noticed that almost every book says that our marks are our family's symbol and nothing about the power related to it, we think there must be some studies about it. That's what we'll try to find and we'll inform Chanyeol and Baekhyun to find every person related to your mother." Lay's seriousness was really a surprise, but I was happy he had a side like that too.
I nodded. "Thank you so much, for everything you're doing, you're not only helping us to restore our family's name but you're also helping me with my power and everything. I'm glad I can count on people like you. I misjudged demons, I never thought they could be nice."

"That's because the hatred between humans and demons is still too strong." Suho sighed.

______

Thanks for reading!
Who wants to friggin' punch Sehun in the face?? Because I do (wait, it's technically my fault-- wHATEVER).

Btw I saw many people adding Halfblood to their reading lists, thank youu and I'm very thankful to all the people that keep voting and commenting every chapter, it really makes me happy. (lol this feels like a presidential speech so i'll stop here)

Exo saranghajaaa

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

49.8K 2.4K 29
"Do you trust me?" "Yeah.." "What if I tell you that I am not a normal human?" /\ Chaeyoung had to move to her Dad's bestfriend's house. She then mee...
340K 14.4K 17
Park Chanyeol is one of the most popular kids in school, all the girls love him and all the guys aside from his friend group envy him. He's tall and...
3.3K 257 41
A beautiful girl that everyman wants....loves Who mesmerizes every man in the world..... Who thought she would be Mesmerized for the FIRST time by...
52.5K 1.6K 60
When four angels struggle to live on Earth, they used their powers for help. But that's not the case. They're stuck on Earth as they try to find ways...