Tempted (#Wattys2015)

By LostxInxStereo

Bella Knowle is almost through her last year of high school. She's a straight A student, loves music, and has... More

Tempted:00:
Tempted:01:
Tempted:02:
Tempted:03:
Tempted:04:
Tempted:05:
Tempted:06:
Tempted:07:
Tempted:08:
Tempted:09:
Tempted:10:
Tempted:11:
Tempted:12:
Tempted:13:
Tempted:14:
Tempted:15:
Tempted:16:
Tempted:17:
Tempted:18;
Tempted:19:
Tempted:20:
Tempted:21:
Tempted:22:
Tempted:23:
Tempted:24:
Tempted:25:
Tempted:26:
Tempted:27:
Tempted:28:
Tempted:29:
Tempted:30:
Tempted:31:
Tempted:32:
Tempted:33:
Tempted:34:
Tempted:35:
Tempted:36:
Tempted:37:
Tempted:38:
Tempted:39:
Tempted:40:
Tempted:41:
Tempted:42:
Tempted:43:
Tempted:44:
Tempted:45:
Tempted:46:
Tempted:47:
Tempted:48:
Tempted:49:
Tempted:50:
Tempted:51:
Tempted:52:
Tempted:53:
Tempted:54:
Tempted:55:
Tempted:56:
Tempted:57:
Tempted:58:
Tempted:59:
Tempted:61:
Tempted:62:
Tempted:63:
Tempted:64:
Tempted:65:
Tempted:66:
Tempted:67:
Tempted:68:
Tempted:69:
Tempted:70:
Tempted:71:
Tempted:72:
Tempted:73:
Tempted:74:
Tempted:75:
Tempted Sequel: Tragedy

Tempted:60:

9.4K 229 98
By LostxInxStereo

*Justin*

8:07 AM

"Good morning." I smiled against Bella's shoulder, wrapping my arms a little father around her waist.

"Morning." She twisted around to face me, resting her head under my chin.

"Did you sleep good?"

"Best I've slept in weeks, you?" Her fingers traced patterns along my chest.

"I slept pretty good." I smiled down at her, taking one of her hands and brought it up to my lips. "How about we go get some breakfast?"

"Where?"

"I have an idea."

"Am I allowed to take a shower?"

"I have no problem with that." I winked, kissing the side of her head. "You know, if we both took a shower it would save water."

"You're so funny."

"Fine." I sighed, pulling her in so I could kiss her, keeping my eyes closed afterwards. "Go ahead. I'm going to lay right here."

"Don't move."

"No promises."

I watched her skid into the bathroom, laughing at her before turning on my side and hugged my pillow to my face.

I was pretty sure I dozed off, because when my eyes peeled back open, Bella was out of the shower, wrapped in a towel while fumming through her bag.

I frowned when I looked at her, and her back was to me dropping her clothes on the bed.

"What?" She asked, looking at me as I propped myself up on my elbows.

"Nothing."

"It's something. You were looking at me."

"Do you not want me to look at you?"

"It was a different look."

"It wasn't meant to be."

"You know, my mom pulled me aside too, the day after we got back. The doctors called."

"Did they?"

"Did you tell them to?"

"What?! No, of course not. I told you it would stay between you and me and I didn't break that promise."

"I don't understand why they called when I'm a legal adult."

"Because it's your health."

"I'm fine!"

"No you're not. You're not ok. You're so skinny."

"I don't need another lecture from you about this, I'm eating, alright? Especially now that my whole family is up my ass about it and they all think I have an eating disorder, including you."

"I love you Bella, I just want you to be happy and healthy."

"Hmm, funny."

"Why are you acting like this?" I stood up now, catching her hands as she went to put on her shirt.

"Because everybody is attacking me!"

"I'm not attacking you," I said calmly, holding onto her face so she looked at me. "I'm just concerned, just like you are about me, ok? All I want is for you to be happy, and I want you to feel like you're beautiful. We all care about you and just don't want to lose you. The explosion was enough. You're perfect the way you are and nothing is ever going to change that, ok?"

"Ok." She nodded slowly, closing her eyes as I kissed her forehead.

"Now get dressed. We're going out for breakfast and then we're going shopping because I know you have gift cards you're dying to spend and I have some too."

"Yeah, I do."

"Chop chop, buttercup."

______________

9:12 PM

"Get anything you want." I told Bella, my arms wrapped around her shoulders while I kissed the top of her head.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I nodded, letting go of her halfway while still keeping an arm around her.

I felt myself smiling as I watched her, feeling her body lean into me more.

"What?" She asked, glancing up at me while I was in mid-stare. "Do I have something on my face?"

"Yes." I nodded, tugging her forward by her waist and kissed her, her hands catching my shoulders as she leaned into me. "Your gorgeous smile."

"Stop!" She laughed, trying to hide her face - I knew she was blushing.

"I know you love it."

"Will you share a muffin with me?"

"Sure, that sounds good. Do you want a coffee?"

"Yeah, you see, I like their Vanilla Cappicino, you I don't know what you would want. I know you're just a regular coffee guy, but..."

"Hey, I can go for something different. Are you sure all you want is a muffin?"

"Yes, it's huge! I'm little, even with sharing it."

"Alright, alright."

I ordered for us, carrying our cups afterwards and led her to the booth.

"You know," I started, slipping my arm around her. "This is the same booth we sat in for our first date, although I think we both got regular coffee."

"We did." She smiled up at me, resting her head on my shoulder. "It was only supposed to be an IOU."

"Oh well, you're stuck with me." I shrugged, pressing my lips to her cheek. "You've almost been stuck with me for a whole year."

"Stuck with? I wouldn't say it like that. You make yourself sound like a burden, when you're the exact opposite." Bella frowned, giving me one of her infamous looks. "Joking or not."

"But I love you." I made sure I pouted, doing everything I could not to smile while she tried to fight her own.

Of course I was going to continue to tease her, that's how I was, and she knew that.

"I love you too."

"I want to go to an amusement park this summer." i told her, taking a sip of my coffee. "Just me and you."

"Yeah, that sounds like fun. There is Coney Island, or Hershey. We should plan to go to the beach too."

"Why? You don't see me shirtless enough?"

"That's not it!"

"You blush so easily." I grinned, wrapping my arms all the way around her and pecked her cheek. "You're so cute."

"I remember when cute wasn't even a part of your vocabulary."

"Look what you've done to me."

"You're very welcome." She grabbed my cheeks, pressing her lips against mine.

"Do you think your dad would let me keep you one more night?"

"Yeah, I think so." Bella leaned back into me, picking off a piece of the muffin.

"Good. I have to work again tomorrow, and then I have my meeting, so I don't think I'll be able to really see you, but I'll call. I'll call before I go to work, and then before my meeting."

"I really appreciate you calling me." She murmured, picking up her coffee. "I know you're doing it so I trust you again, and I really know you're trying."

"Of course I am. That's what a relationship is based off of, and I know I screwed up pretty badly. As much as I want to blame Manny I can't. He knew my weaknesses and I'm the one that made the choices. If only I would have just seen that, I could have prevented a lot of things."

"Well we started on a clean slate, it's in the past."

"Yeah, I guess it is."

_________________

*Bella*

10:58 PM

"What about this?" I asked Justin, pulling a dress of the rack.

"It's very you."

"I need summer, or spring at least. I want to wear my dresses again and unfortunately I'd freeze to death, even with tights, so I'll stick to my jeans."

"I'm ok with that."

"You'd be ok with a lot of things."

"Depends on what we're talking about here. If you wanted try to walk out of the house just in one of my shirts, no, I would not be ok with that. It just depends."

"I wouldn't even try. I'd be too uncomfortable to do that."

"I'd throw you over my shoulder and take you back in the apartment."

"I wouldn't be against that."

"I bet you wouldn't." He said in my ear, giving my hips a squeeze.

"Oh my gosh." It came out as a mumble, my head dipping down to hide yet another blush. "I'm almost done, then it's your turn for a store."

"What about this? Would this look good on me?" He asked, holding up a shirt covered in flowers.

"No, but I like it for me." I checked the size, shaking my head at him as he handed it over. "You're a dork you know."

"Yeah, I know. That's why you love me."

"One of the many reasons."

"Well I hope you know you're kind of a dork too."

"Oh trust me, I know. I probably make you look bad."

"Just a little." He smirked, holding up his fingers just to show how little he meant, causing me to playfully roll my eyes
.
"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, anything."

"What did you tell my dad?"

"Everything he needed to know...everything I had done. Everything. Probably things you don't even know. I just told him everything I could think of. Why?"

"I was just curious...he's seemed really good about us lately...I remember when he didn't even want us together."

"Yeah, me too. I'm surprised he still doesn't, but I'm not gonna complain."

"Me neither."

'So at the diner," He started, kissing the side of my head. "I hope you plan on sharing a milkshake with me. I like vanilla, but I know you like chocolate. We can have whatever you want. If you don't want to go there we don't have to, we can go somewhere else-"

"Justin, baby," I laughed a little, reaching up for his face with my free hand. "I love that little diner of ours. What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong, I just want to make sure you want to go."

"I do." I nodded, standing up on my tiptoes and kissed him. "Stop worrying."

"I don't think that's possible."

"It's ok." I frowned, seeing how serious he was. "I'm ok."

"You know what I mean."

I sighed, biting down on my lip, then looked back up at him.

"I'm ready, we can go and it's your turn. Where do you want to go?"

"I do want a pair of new shoes...I need something to go with those shirts you got me."

"You and shoes."

"You and clothes." He said, motioning down to my arm.

"Ok, fair enough. I'll check out, and we're out of here for your turn."

"Alright, we can get lunch after if you want."

"What do you want Justin?"

"It doesn't matter to me."

"Are you hungry?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"A little."

"Then we'll go get something to eat afterwards, my treat."

"Bella-"

"My treat. Let me do it."

"Ok, ok."

"Good." I kissed his cheek, giving his hand a squeeze.

__________________

*Justin*

9:17 PM

I pulled Bella closer, gently running my hands along her back as she slept against my chest. She fell asleep maybe an hour ago, and I knew when we sat down she'd probably fall asleep.

I knew she was having nightmares a lot.

I ran my fingers through her hair, then kissed the top of her head.

She was finally getting better though, her back was healing up, and her burn wasn't so bad.

Last night she woke me up once crying, and she didn't know, I mean I woke her up obviously, but I didn't really like to think how it was when she was at home sleeping by herself.

And there was no way I wanted to wake her up now when she was getting some decent sleep.

But she did that all by herself.

"Hey." I whispered, running the back of my hand on her cheek as she opened her eyes.

"Ugh. I fell asleep. I'm sorry."

"No, don't apologize." My voice was still a whisper, my hands running on her back again. "I like watching you sleep. We can go to bed now if you want."

"Yeah, I'm tired. Do you think I could borrow a sweatshirt too? I'm a little chilly."

"Of course." With a final nod I pecked her cheek, turning off the tv and pulled her behind me into my room.

I went into my drawer, watching her shiver as I pulled out a sweatshirt, a small chuckle escaping my lips.

"I don't get how you're always so cold."

"You and me both."

I helped her put it on, then pulled her down next to me, drapping the covers over us and held her to my chest.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep so-"

"Shhh, it's alright. Don't worry about it. As long as I get a kiss goodnight, I'm ok."

"Goodnight." Bella let out a tired laugh, pressing her lips against mine, giving me just enough time to kiss her back. "I love you."

"I love you too. Goodnight."

____________________________

*Bella*

1:19 AM

I was wide awake as I was yanked up, letting out a yelp from the grip on my arm and closed my eyes when I was standing up right, feeling medal placed against the side of my head. 

It all happened so fast I didn't have time to react.

"Manny, stop, put the gun down." Justin said, now standing up right on his side.

"You move an inch and I'll shoot her."

I couldn't breathe. Another thing like this couldn't be happening. I was tired of looking weak, I was tired of being scared. I didn't want to feel like this anymore.

"She hasn't done anything! None of this is her fault!"

"Not her fault?!" Manny laughed behind me, tightening his arm around my neck. "She's the reason you're in this mess, don't you get it? If she wouldn't have come along you'd be fine. I told you when you joined that this wasn't ok, you're never going to get out Justin!"

"I am out! I'm done with your shit Manny! I just want to be left alone and start another life!"

"I'd definitely watch it if I were you." I felt the click of the gun, knowing it was loaded, knowing that with the single pull of a trigger I'd be dead. "I'm surprised your bitch hasn't said anything yet."

"Don't. Call. Her. That."

I looked at him, seeing his jaw locked as he stared at Manny, but then he looked over at me, his look completely changing.

It broke my heart, watching as all the anger left his eyes and sadness filled them.

He was about to cry.

And just like that he took a step forward, the gun digging further into my temple.

"What the fuck did I tell you?!"

"Please just let her go," Justin pleaded, my eyes closing as tears stung my own eyes. "It never had to be like this Manny, I left and I wasn't going to spill anyting."

"But you did! You did to her, and you did to the cops! You told them everything!"

"You tried to kill my girlfriend!"

That was it...Justin and I...We're never going to have a happy ending, are we?

This is it. Tonight is it. I don't think I'm going to make it out of here alive.

He's doing this to hurt Justin.

This is reality for us...maybe this isn't meant to be...maybe it's like Romeo and Juliet.

Maybe I'm not going to love her.

"You broke the rules!"

"Manny let her go, I'm begging you. You're going to jail. If you kill us you're just making it worse for yourself. I'm the one that broke the rules. Not her."

"You're right, it was you."

The gun left my head then, and in a flash I remembered the things Justin taught me this summer...the things that would help me when something like this happened.

I brought up my elbow, ramming it back into his ribs and screamed as the gun hit the floor.

"Why you little-"

"Bella!"

He caught my arm again, but I twisted his, lifting up my knee into his stomach, and flung myself down towards, the gun, grasping it in both of my hands, holding it straight at him.

"I'm definitely not afraid to shoot you." I told him, clearing my throat in hops of keeping myself together.

"Aw, did you think having your boyfriend teach you how to hold a gun would help?"

"He didn't teach me how to do that."

"Bella, give me the gun." Justin said, moving from where he stood.

"No," I said firmly, forcing myself not to look at him. "Get your own."

"I told you, bitch." Manny said, snickering as he watched me.

I didn't think twice before aiming the gun down at his leg and pulled the trigger, hearing a scream down the hall, and then a howl from Manny.

I just shot him. Oh my god I shot him.

"Bella, give me that, now." Justin's voice was almost unrecognizable from the ringing in my ears, and he snatched the gun from my hands, which were shaking as I looked at them

I burst into tears, hearing police sirens in the distance and felt my knees give out, but Justin caught me.

I shot him. I shot Manny.

"It's ok, it's over. It's going to be over." He said in my ear, trying to steady me.

"No it's not. No it's not."

"Shhh, the police are coming."

"No, call them. Call them and tell them what happened so they aren't shooting when they get here - I shouldn't of - I'm sorry - Justin -"

"Sit down, right here away from him. Sit." He sat me down on the edge of the bed, squeezing my hands before he quickly turned back to Manny as he moved.

"You better stay the hell where you are." Justin pointed the gun back at him, trying to watch us both.

I hugged myself, letting my hair curtain my face and squeezed my eyes shut.

I probably just ruined the case for the explosion. They're going to know now Justin's the one that reported that annonymous tip. They're going to want him to testify. They'll want proof.

They'll want me to testify. I'm going to lose Justin, they're going to take him away and lock him up, my dad's going to hate me.

I'm not safe anywhere.

We're never going to be happy.

"Lower your weapon!"

"Oh god." I cried out, hugging Justin's sweatshirt tighter to me.

This is happening. It's all happening.

I heard Justin set it down, my breathing hitched in the back of my throat.

It's just another nightmare. One big nightmare I'm going to wake up from during any minute now.

I heard talks about a paramedic, about that they knew who Manny was.

They'd been looking for him since they got the tip last week.

"Who shot him, you or the girl?"

 I blurted it out right away "Me. I shot him - in self-defense. He tr-ried to kill me and he was going to kill J-Justin. He broke in and pulled me out of bed - I - I -"

"Bella, it's ok." Justin sat beside me, taking my hand in both of his. "Just breathe. They're going to listen."

"He pulled me out of bed and had me in a head lock. He held the gun to my head. I- I fought him off when he went to shoot Justin and grabbed the gun off the floor...then I knew if I didn't do something he would try to jump me and get it back...then I shot him. I don't remember what really happened after that. I'm so sorry I can't-"

"It's ok." The officer bent down in front of me, looking back and forth between Justin and I. "I'm sure you both know I'm going to have to take you guys in for questioning. We just need statements, and then you can come back home, or we can arrange for you to stay somewhere else temporarily. There are things we can do. It's not safe for you to stay here, especially since we know Manny isn't alone in this fight, but I can't force you to go somewhere else. I can drive you guys in, they can collect a statement, and I can take you somewhere else because you don't really have a door...or we can get some place set up for you to stay."

"She doesn't live with me, it's just my apartment...and I don't really want to just drop in on your dad like that," He looked at me, giving my hand a squeeze again. "She can come with me for the night right? If I chose to go somewhere else?"

"Yes, she can since she was involved."

"I'll go with you." I told Justin, wiping my eyes with the back of my free hand. "I want to go."

"Ok, I'll give you a few minutes to pack your things before we leave."

"Alright." Justin whispered, looking at me again as the officer left. "Oh Bella..."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"You don't have to apologize." He whispered, pulling me onto his lap. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"No," I shook my head, holding onto the sleeves of his sweatshirt as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "How is this over? It's never going to be over."

"Yes it is. He's going to jail, he's the reason all those people died. It's over."

"What if this changes everything?" I hiccuped, pressing myself as close as I could. "What if they want to put us into that program so we aren't a target anymore? What would we do? What if I have to give up singing and-"

"Shhh, calm down." He coaxed, running his hands along my back. We're going to take it one step at a time ok? Don't let yourself worry about all that right now, just know that we're going to be safe tonight, ok?"

"Ok." I nodded, nestling my face into his neck.

Safe.

_______________________

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GODDDDD.

I had to end it here so I could post...

YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AS SOON AS YOU READ THIS I CANT BREATHE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 156 24
Tess Stone. A girl that dosent give a shit about what people say about her. She moves to a new school in California and she dosent know how it's goin...
686 28 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...
16.6K 536 64
Isabella Harper, a nineteen-year-old, lost her color vision after her sister's suicide. She shut down herself from everyone and remained in her world...
68 0 35
Arielle Summers knew she can't hold all of her pain inside forever. The scars and cuts on her arm seemed like they would never heal. She knows cuttin...