You'll Fall For Me, I Promise

By ShesEverything

A typical cliché where the bad boy meets the good girl. Blake is determined to make Zoey his, but are his eff... More

1; 'I'm Groovy'
2; 'He's Gonna Murder Me'
3; 'I Can Help You'
4; 'It's Day One'
5; 'Call Me A Cactus, I'm Prickly'
6; 'Zoey Green?'
7; 'You Look Good In White'
8; 'Slight Of Hand Magic'
9; 'Yes Ma'am'
10; 'I Want 'Welcome To The Black Parade' Played At My Funeral'
12; 'Things Going Boo In The Night'
13; 'You Can Call Me Whatever You Want'
14; 'I Pay Attention'
15; 'It's Not All Rainbows And Sunshine'
16; 'Good Moooooorning, Love Birds'
17; 'You're Welcome, Green'
18; 'A Giant, Juicy Pickle With No Exit'
19; 'I'm Sorry To Inform You'
20; 'Blake And Green, Huh?'
21; 'Sweaty, Stinky, Sticky'
22; 'This Is NOT My Fault'
23; 'It's Been A Long Weekend'
24; 'You Were My Light In Life'
25; 'She Found The Colors To Paint Him'
26; 'Playing Match Maker'
27; 'God Save Whoever Witnesses Our Reunion'

11; 'Late Night Swim?'

653 19 2
By ShesEverything

I look over at Paige and Liam in fear, where I see them both waving furiously at me to return to them and leave. I would have, but I'm frozen in place, standing in the middle of the pool as my eyes return back to the large house. I can see directly into the sliding glass doors and realization hits me; that's the kitchen. I hurry to get out of the pool, just about making it to the wall as the light switches on.

Picture this; being pressed against the wall, barely two inches away from the door where the bad boy is probably getting drinks on the other side of the only thing keeping you away from the threat. That's me; as water drips from my body I'm pressed against the wall. I lean a little to the left, peaking inside only to see Blake making himself a sandwich. I quickly return to my position, chewing my lip harshly. Not only would I be caught, but I'd be caught by the person who seriously hates me but wants me to fall in love with him. Could this night get any worse?

It's almost as if someone, whatever higher power there is, hears my thoughts and blesses me with a dang sneeze! I try hard to hold it in, but a high pitched sneeze passes my lips, causing every movement from the kitchen to stop abruptly. I silently curse whoever is watching right now, pressing myself closer to the wall. I see a shadow getting bigger and bigger, realizing that he's getting closer to the doors.

I look over to the fence just in time to see Liam and Paige bailing, obviously hiding behind the fence in order not to get caught. I panic as I hear the lock being turned, turning on my heel and heading to the side of the house, now hiding in the small space between the side of the house and the gate of the garden.

I peak my head around the corner, watching someone emerge from the sliding patio doors, but I'm shocked when I see Carter look around, obviously looking for me. I nearly jump out of my skin when Liam taps my shoulder, but I thankfully refrain from making any more noise. He's perched on top of the gate, reaching an arm down to me. I thankfully grab it, locking my hand around his wrist, his hand locking onto mine. He hoists me quickly across the gate, lowering my before dropping down himself.

I watch him run off to the car as I slip my shoes back on, jogging to the front of the house as I pull my jacket on. Before I'm able to do the zip up, and before I'm able to reach the path that lead to the front gate of the house, an arm wraps around my waist and hoists me back, earning a squeak from me.

I look over to Paige's car, seeing the passenger door open and Liam scrambling out to come rescue me. As he's running forward, whoever has me is running backwards, towards the front door. It was like one of those dreams, one that, no matter how quick you run or how hard you try, you never reach the thing right in front of you. That was happening, and as the door closed and Liam's face, reality sunk and, and I started fighting against the person holding me to their chest, kicking and flailing in an attempt to escape.

I hear pounding on the door, it loud and eccentric, and I find it ironic that my heart is pounding exactly the same way as Liam's hands are on the outside of the large, red doors. I hear a chuckle from behind me, the noise resonating through my kidnappers chest, right into my back. I slowly stop fighting, the noise sending a small shiver down my spine. "Dixon?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Hey, Green," he hums back, talking quietly into my ear. When his breath fans across my ear and neck I can't help the warm feeling inside me as a shiver, once again, makes it's way down my spine.

Despite this, I'm still very aware of what's happening and I know that if Blake doesn't let me leave, or if Liam doesn't stop banging on the door, attraction will be drawn and the rest of the boys will come down to investigate. I don't really fancy being caught by Mason himself, and so I find myself speaking, "Liam, stop, I'm fine!" The banging stops and I can only imagine his relief; I know for a fact that he's running his hands through is blond hair in stress and I can't help but smile at the image, a small giggle escaping my lips. Blake growls behind me, causing my happy mood to drop. I detected anger, and something else I couldn't quite put my finger on. "I'll call you, or meet you. I won't miss seeing you both again before you leave, I promise," I say reassuringly.

"Be safe, Zoey," he hums, obvious disappointment in his voice. With that, I hear his footsteps walking away, and Blake decides to release me. I glace at the grand stair case, looking at the marble steps. I follow them up to the hall above, glad to see no light and no figures.

"What are you doing here?" Blake asks, looking at his now wet shirt with a smirk. "And why are you soaking wet?" I look at him, the mischief flashing through his gorgeous green eyes. Wait, no. I can't think like this.

"Late night swim?" I say, the statement coming out more like a question, and as if on cue I shiver due to the cold.

"Is this what you looked like the other day?" He asks, smirk growing wider as he takes in my appearance.

It takes me a moment to realize what he's talking about, but I soon remember the bucket of water that had been released onto my head. With a newfound confidence from the dare and the alcohol that's still coursing through my veins I find myself punching Blake's shoulder, frowning deeply. "I did not appreciate the shower, and neither did my carpet."

Blake looks shocked for a moment before a grin creeps back up onto his face. He jumps a little, clapping his hands with so much happiness radiating off of him that it scared me. "Oh, there's the Green that I knew was inside you," he hums, his eyes darkening a little when he looks at me. "I like feisty Green."

I huff, crossing my arms in annoyance. I hadn't realized how cold I was until I felt my body trembling, too distracted by the arrogant lad stood in front of me. I say nothing, though, standing there and sulking. I'm cold, wet, annoyed, and missing out on my last day with my friends for weeks, stood in a dark hall, in a house I'd never been to, with Blake of all people.

"Lets get you something warmer to wear," Blake says, heading to the staircase, leaving me stood where I was. I furrow my eyebrows, confused as to who I was talking to; was this still Blake? Why is he being nice? He turns after a couple steps and frowns. "I'm not offering again," he grumbles, raising his eyebrow pointedly. I quickly hurry after him, following him through the house.

An hour passes by and I find myself sat in a spare room, wearing clothes that aren't mine. After being lead upstairs, Blake took me to one of the many spare rooms of the house, leaving me for a moment to grab something. When he came back he held a t-shirt and a pair of jogging bottoms, along with a towel for me to use to dry off with. Noticing how cold I actually was, he showed me the en-suit and told me to shower. And that's what I did. I showered in hot water, dried off and changed into the clothes he had supplied me with. Looking at the clothes he gave me, they must be his or Mason's because they're much too large and entirely the wrong shape to be woman's clothes.

Now I sit on the double bed that's in the center of the room. I look around and notice a theme; white and light green. I wasn't mad at the theme, but the room was bare. I notice there was only a dressing table and a wardrobe, along with the bed, in the room. There weren't any knickknacks or photos, nothing. Just the bare minimum, along with the en-suit.

There's a knock on the door, causing me to snap my head up in shock. I pull my knees to my chest, watching as the door opens slowly, hoping it isn't Mason, Carter, Jason or Brett. My prayers are answered, for once, when Blake walks in. I'm about to say something when I notice something in his hand.

"We didn't have soup," he mumbled, handing me the pot noodle with a fork in it. I smile widely and take it from him, holding it in my hands, warming up again.

"Thank you," I say sincerely, taking in the smell and heat before beginning to eat, realizing how long it had actually been since I'd eaten anything.

Blake sits next to me, and the room is silent as I eat, but it wasn't awkward. I soon finished my noodles, putting the pot on the dresser. I play with my hair, the waves extremely evident. My natural hair is extremely wavy, so most of the time I'll tie it up, or sometimes I'll straighten it. I never leave it natural, not entirely fond of how messy and frizzy it gets.

"Where are you friends going?" Blake asks, breaking the silence but not looking at me.

"They're both going away with their families over the break. Both leave tomorrow," I answer honestly, a woeful sigh escaping my lips as I look at my hands.

"Why are you here?"

"They dared me to swim in the pool," I chuckle, smiling to myself. I glance at Blake, noticing a small smile on his lips. No smirk, not mischief, but a genuine smile. My heart flutters at the genuineness in his smile.

Blake then turns his head to look at me, our eyes meeting as I chew on my lips, a natural reaction when I'm nervous or confused. His smile never falters, and his eyes never leave mine, his green orbs burning into my grey ones.

I notice him leaning closer to me and my breath hitches, but I don't move, I can't move. I simply stare back at Blake, releasing my lips from my teeth as he edges ever so close. We're barely an inch away from each other when a loud voice echoes through the house, "Blake! Where are you, dude?"

Blake snaps back from me, clearing his throat. I'm still frozen in place, my eyes looking up as Blake is now stood up, walking towards the door. "Don't think this meant anything, Green," he growls, leaving the room and slamming the door behind him, leaving me alone.

I waited five minutes before I left the room, making sure I could get a clean escape. I had Paige's wet clothes in my hand, the clothes Blake gave me still on my body. I crept down the large staircase, heading to the front door. I made a stealthy escape, not being caught. 

I walk back to my house, seeing that it's nearly 2am. I groan, and sneak inside my house the way Blake had once before, by climbing the tree by my window and sneaking in through my window. I sit down on my bed, texting Paige and Liam to tell them I'd meet them early at the park for one last meet up before they go, and with that I lay down, pulling the blankets close to keep me warm, falling into slumber with tonight's events running through my head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277 12 38
Bella Moray liked to live in her comfort zone. There she was safe and no one could hurt her. That is, until she realised she was about to graduate h...
4.3M 110K 54
He says, "Screw that. I'll take a nap." She says, "Oh no, where did I go wrong?" - Zoey Summers, Chris Martinez. With their names together, side by...
29.2K 976 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...