The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days
Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge
Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment
Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 35: The New Beginning
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger

403 11 4
By lyradavi11

Akira's thoughts: Italic

Sukai's dialogue: Bold and Italic

My thoughts: (Bold with brackets)

Akira's POV

     "Hello, Kotoba," I bowed slightly in respect. Kotoba crawled over to me before nodding his head, "Acceptable." My eyes showed confusion but I just smiled. "I appreciate your effort in trying to gather the 5 celestial beasts. I'm sure Aki would gladly help you do that," Sukai said to Tiger. "Yes, of course!" I agreed with a grin.

     "Sukai and I can combine our sensing abilities to find the other three. It shouldn't be too hard," Kotoba gruffly said as he sat beside Sukai. She rested her head against her brother's and everything went silent. I looked over to Tiger but he just gave me a shrug.

     After what felt like forever, the siblings moved to look at us. "Naoko, the Ocean Horse, is somewhere close. Within our sensing range at least," Kotoba informed. "That's great!" I grinned. "But Aki..." Sukai hesitated. "What is it?" I frowned at her sad look. "To look for Naoko and the others..you're gonna have to leave the leaf village...and your friends."

     My shoulders slumped at that. Here I was so excited to meet Sukai's siblings but...leaving the leaf village is... "It's okay..I'll be coming back after it's over anyways," I smiled. "Can I have a few days though? To say good bye to my friends and this village?"

Tiger hesitated but ultimately agreed. I brightened up. "Thank you!"

~~~

     I awoke to the sound of my alarm and slammed it in annoyance. It wasn't even the break of dawn, why in the world did I ever set my alarm to wake me up this early? I grunted as my face hit the pillow once again.

     "I swear I'll train harder than ever. I won't let this happen in my life again. I've lost far too many people in only 12 years."

     I jolted up in realization. That's right. I was gonna change. I was gonna be stronger that ever! I ran to the bathroom and brushed me teeth, took a warm shower and bolted to the kitchen to make a small sandwich.

     I locked my door and sprinted to the village gates. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to go train outside the village(probs not), but pshh, I'm not a princess anymore. I sneakily slipped past the alert guards and went to a little clearing I found a while back. Training hours and hours on all of my weak points, I just had to make sure I collapsed and couldn't move. I sighed silently, hoping I could move sooner than later.

     Gathering all the strength I saved up in the last ten minutes I headed towards the gates, only stopping when I saw a royal wagon just at the gates. I was no amateur in knowing if a wagon was of a noble or not, even if it didn't have a symbol on it. I crept in closer to hear what the man riding the wagon was saying. "The horses are tired, and we need a fresh supply of food, as we've travelled far too long. May my king rest here for a few days?"

     "We welcome your king. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do for you in our... unstable state, but please, let me fetch someone who can show you around after I check your wagon," the guard smiled.

     "Very well."

     I used this time to slip in as both people were focused on the wagon. My legs lead me through the busy village, I bought some weapons, bought some clothes, and after dropping the stuff at my house, I went to the top of the Hokage mountain. I wondered about the king before spotting Sasuke with a tired look on his face.

     "Why so glum, Uchiha?"

     "Nothing to worry about, Che-"

     "No no no," I glared at him, "You shall not utter that name where anyone can hear it."

     "Right," he sweatdropped. I propped myself beside the raven head and sighed. There was a lot to do soon.

     "I have something I need to tell you."

     "I have something I need to ask you."  

     I blinked at him before chuckling, "You first. Ask away." He nodded and narrowed his eyes. "Did you know who Orochimaru was before the chunin exams?" he asked in seriousness. My eyes widened at his question, "No.."

     "Then how did you know about the curse mark?"

     "My, uh, friend told me about it once. She got a curse mark just like yours, just a bit different."

     "I see.. and what did you want to tell me?"

     I looked up and sighed, "I think I'm gonna take a bit of a leave from this village."

     His eyes widened a fraction, "What?"

     "I'm going to find a way to help the celestial beasts. And for that, I have to leave. Not only that, but I can gain fighting experience along the way and also train a lot. There are a bunch of pros and the only thing that could go wrong is if I fail in a fight. And I'll miss you guys too," I explained.

     Sasuke stays quiet for a second before meeting my eyes sending an emotion that, I just might've mistaken for affection. I mean, Sasuke would never actually have that look for me, if at all. "I guess it's for the best," he sighed. My mouth twitched up, "Yeah."

     I moved closer to him and then unconsciously dropped my head on his shoulder. I smiled softly as my eyes fluttered close. This comfortable silence was very much what I was looking for. I felt Sasuke shift as an arm wrapped around me from behind. A soft pressure was on my head and I realized the Uchiha kissed the top of my head for a moment.

     My face turned red as he did his usual chuckle of amusement. I laughed along until I felt my stomach demanding food. "Wanna go get some ramen?" I asked with a grin. Sasuke smirked slightly and playfully, "Are you asking me out on a date?" My face heated up and I immediately denied it, getting up with my face down and making my way to the ramen store whether or not Sasuke was following.

     I looked at the happy people of Konoha and a thought struck me. I have to return to Kurisutaru someday. I can't just stay here forever. I have a duty to do. I don't even know the condition of my kingdom. Who's ruling it now? Are my people happy? Are they even alive?

     I felt someone gently grab my face and wipe my tears I didn't realize were there. "Don't cry.. It makes me sad to see tears on your face," said the one person I would never expect to say that. "Sasuke..I-I don't know what to do. I should be going there...I should be setting things right and taking my parents' place but I...I can't. I'm so weak and literally mentally dead when it comes to Kurisutaru and I can't trust myself to make the right decisions but I still need to help them, I know...I just.." I cried with tears running down my face. "Shh..It's okay..you don't need to rush things," he said and brought me into a comforting embrace.

     "Don't push yourself, Aki. You aren't even an adult yet and no one should force you to become one. You can take your time to learn and be strong before you go there. And when you do, I know you'll make an amazing queen."

     I was speechless. Who knew Sasuke was capable of comforting someone with such sweet words. "T-Thank you. Thank you, Sasu," I finally got my voice to listen to me as I tried to pull away from him. Keyword: tried. The guy wouldn't let me go! "Uh..Sasuke. I think I'm good now," I sweatdropped. He tilted his head so his breath could hit my ear and smirked. "Are you sure? Maybe you should cry some more...on my bed maybe?"

     I abruptly punched him in the stomach and away from me. "When did you become such a pervert?! Have you been reading Kakashi's books?!" I asked as a joke but didn't expect it to be true - "Yes actually. It's quite good."

     "What."

     "And helpful," he smirked. My mouth hung open in shock. This is Uchiha Sasuke we're talking about here. I don't think I'm ever gonna let this guy near me again. He erupted into laughter at my horrified face and shook his head, "I was kidding, Aki."

     I was shocked yet again. But then I smiled warmly, "You should laugh more often." A slight blush covered his face and I couldn't help but comment, "Aww, the big scary Uchiha is blushin'. How cuuute!" I pinched his cheeks before running for my life. I looked back to see his fuming form sprinting after me and I could only chuckle. But when I looked back in front, I smacked right into someone and stumbled back. 

     "I'm so sorry! I should've watched where I was going," I quickly apologized and rubbed my head, my eyes closed in pain. "Akira, are you alright?" Kakashi asked and I nodded as Sasuke helped me up and I met the eyes of the person I bumped into. "Are you alright, sir?" Kakashi asked. The man looked slightly flabbergasted when he saw me before nodding to Kakashi.

     "Akira, Sasuke. I'm showing His Majesty King Hiroaki and his attendant around the village. Please show your respects," Kakashi informed and I was sure Sasuke bowed, but I? I was completely and utterly surprised. PRINCE HIROAKI?!

     I slightly shook when we made eye contact. He was as surprised as I was. Did he remember me? Maybe..oh--Kakashi said my name. I took a small step back and gulped. Would he recognize me? Our eyes met and I didn't look away. His eyes studied mine in slight confusion.

     "Is everything alright?" Kakashi asked carefully as Sasuke's eyes darted from me to the prince in suspicion. I observed the prince. I wasn't very close to him, but I liked him. We had talked quite a few times when I visited his kingdom. He rarely had emotions on his face, but from what I saw, he cared for his country deeply. He, for sure, was Hiroaki. He had brown hair, just like Kyle, but much lighter. His eyes were something I would never forget though. They were a wild blue yonder. His narrowed eyes searched my face for answers.

     "Princess..Akira?" he asked in a small, hesitant voice. But the look in his eyes showed that he knew I was the princess of Kurisutaru. Kakashi gasped and Sasuke took a protective step in front of me. My voice wouldn't come out. I wasn't sure if I could trust him. There wasn't a point to hide it though. It was pretty clear he was sure who I was from the look in his eyes. Taking in a deep breath to calm my nerves, I gently pushed Sasuke aside and bowed, "Prince Hiroaki. It's been a while." The attendant gasped, "It's King Hiroaki as of last month, Your Highness." I blinked, remembering Kakashi referring to him as a king too. "My apologies. Congratulations on your coronation, Your Majesty."

     Hiroaki face remained calm but I flinched when his hand reached up to the hilt of his sword. I sighed. "You do not trust me," I confirmed. "I wasn't given a reason to," the comment made my mouth twitch up. "Same as always I see."

     We had a stare-off before he finally decided to speak and took his hand off his sword hilt, "Though, I will hear what you must say. I am not stupid enough to wholeheartedly believe what the government has to say. I did have my doubts."

     I gave a small smile, "I myself don't completely know of the stories the government has spread about me."

     "I see," he nodded in understanding. "Aki?" I turned my head to see the worried but confused glances off my sensei and teammate. I smiled at them reassuringly and looked around.

     We were still in the middle of the streets, thought for some reason there were barely any people out in this part of town. I offered to come along with the royals for the sightseeing and they agreed. Kakashi told Sasuke to meet him later by some store.

~~~

     "This is the place you wanted to meet your student?" Hiroaki asked. "Yes, he will be here in a little while. But I will escort you to where you will be staying," Kakashi offered, but Hiroaki attendant refused. "No, it's quite alright. I know the way to the place you showed us. I will ensure His Majesty and I don't get lost. There is no need to worry."

     Kakashi gave a close-eyed smile, "If you insist." Hiroaki nodded and looked at me, "I would like to talk to you about everything that has happened so far. It would be great if you cleared up the misunderstanding for me. Shall we talk about it at the place I am staying at?"

     I nodded my head in agreement. But then I noticed these people wearing black cloaks with red clouds on them, sitting in the store we were next to. The wore straw hats that covered most of their head. Why do those cloaks look so familiar?

------------------

Flashback

  "Goodbye, Princess Akira... As a member of the Akatsuki, I can't promise your safety the next time we meet. You are a prey to the Akatsuki.." 

-------------------

     The Akatsuki..!!

     I looked at the king who was now getting ready to leave. "On second thought, you must be weary from your journey. Perhaps you want to rest a while before talking about a topic that may take hours."

     Hiroaki gave a questioning look but didn't bother asking. "Very well then. I will see you later," he bowed. "Yes," I lowered myself as well. "Need to ask him something?" Kakashi asked, referring to Sasuke. "I do," I lied. I just wanted to observe the two. "How about you ask him later. I have training to do with him," Kakashi sighed and gave me a warning glance. He knew the Akatsuki were here. He knew I wanted to observe them. And he didn't want me getting involved. "..I'm sure you have lots in your hands. You should focus on those things," Kakashi continued.

     I shook my head. While it's true that I have enough problems, I also know that the Akatsuki are after Naruto, and I care. "I have time to spare," I said with a stern look. Kakashi sighed with what I think is a smile. It was hard to tell with that mask of his covering his face.

     "Hey there, you two," Kakashi greeted as Asuma and Kurenai were spotted. "Good afternoon, Asuma-sensei, Kurenai-sensei. Out on a date?" I smiled teasingly. The two faces got flustered and spouted out words of denial. I chuckled at their reactions before Asuma asked what we were doing here. "I'm meeting Sasuke here," Kakashi answered, glancing at the two Akatsuki people. I saw one of their hands twitch and now I was sure that was Itachi-kun.

     "Ehh? It's unusual for you to wait for someone," Asuma chuckled, catching onto what was happening. I smirked when Sasuke came, saying the same words as Asuma. "It happens sometimes," Kakashi answered as we all realized the Akatsuki members disappeared. Kakashi nodded at Asuma and Kurenai, as they nodded back and disappeared away.

     I was about to follow them, but Kakashi glared at me. I sighed and walked away, still worrying about Asuma and Kurenai. They couldn't possibly handle two Akatsuki members by themselves. Itachi-kun wouldn't kill them, would he?

     Itachi-kun has changed, I had to remind myself. I shook my head and searched for the two sensei's chakra signatures, ignoring Kakashi's previous warning glares. I won't let anyone else die if I can do something about it. And with determination, I sped up to the bridge that currently gave out large amounts of chakra.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Yoo aren't you glad I have a couple chapters already ready bc I haven't been able to have time recently bc my teacher gives too much hw. And to think it's only the first few weeks of school..*sigh*

Anyway, my lovelies 💕, please comment/vote/follow!

Published: 10/4/2017

Edited 

~ Lydiafer11💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 104K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
130K 6.3K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
945K 31.5K 58
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...