Evan's Rose [18+]

By MissR12

"...she was my obsession and my most beloved possession..." -Evan "I truly, deeply loved him but sometimes lo... More

Description
Cast..
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 14

89K 2.9K 330
By MissR12

Check out my Instagram (authoreval) for the teaser on this chapter and much more. I'm sure you're going to love it! Also make sure to check out my other book Dangerous Illusion.

Claire rushed home after receiving an urgent call from her baby-daddy. Apparently, he was dealing with an emergency, leaving poor Claire with no other option but to go drive over two hours and pick up Sam. Claire's unwavering commitment to caring for Sam always impressed me. I assured her that I would take care of everything in her absence.

As I returned to work, Evan stood near my desk, hands in his pockets and frowning at me.

"Hey, handsome!" I greeted him making sure no one else heard us.

"Where were you?" he asked, annoyance tainting his tone.

"I was having lunch outside," I replied.

"With whom?" he inquired, taking deliberate steps toward me.

"Umm... Claire. But why are you asking me this?"

"Who's Claire?" he pressed, ignoring my question entirely.

"She's my friend and also works here, on the fifth floor."

"Okay." Without further explanation, he turned and walked away, leaving me bewildered.

*****

I was almost done for the day when I received a call from Diana. My mood instantly brightened.

"Hey Rose, are you free right now?" She asked as soon as I answered.

"Yeah. I'm just leaving the work. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just wanted to see you. Can we meet for coffee?" I agreed and we both decided to meet at a small coffee shop on my way home. I asked my driver, Harry to take me to the place and grabbed table while I waited for her to arrive.

Over time, since marrying Evan, Diana and I had become close friends. We'd meet occasionally for coffee, and it was safe to say that she was one of the kindest people I'd ever met.

As I waited with a steaming cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin, the door chimed open, and Diana walked in with her usual elegance. There weren't many people around, but those present turned their heads to look at her. It seemed like Jake would have his work cut out for him, keeping men away from her.

"Sorry, I'm late. Did I keep you waiting?" She gracefully slid in the seat opposite me.

"Not much. How are you doing?"

"I'm good," she replied with a smile. "Rose," she began, "I wanted to apologize to you." I looked at her in confusion, having no idea what she was referring to.

"For what?"

"That day at dinner, whatever my mom said was highly inappropriate. I'm really sorry about that. Mom can be a bit too much sometimes." Diana was referring to her mom asking me about my plans for kids. I wasn't holding that against her and certainly not against Diana.

"It's not her fault. We've been married for two years now. She doesn't know under what circumstances we got married. For a couple so much in love, it is natural for others to assume that we would have a kid or two by now. I don't blame her. I really don't hold grudges against anyone."

"You are so kind, Rose. I was worried that you'd be upset or worse, break our friendship. But thank God we're fine, right?" She asked taking my hand in hers. I squeezed her palm.

"Of course. You are not just my friend, we're sisters now." I saw her relax.

"I shouldn't have told my parents about your wedding in the first place," she said after some time. Only the Carters knew about us before Diana accidentally told her parents that we were married.

"It's okay. But can you please make sure that they don't tell anyone else? Can you please help me keep it a secret?" Sometimes I wondered how Evan would react if people knew about us. I knew how fiery his temper was. The initial days of our marriage were a disaster. Our marriage was barely surviving.

Time was surely healing us, but not fast enough. I didn't know why Evan wanted our relationship to be hidden from the world, and I didn't think he'd tell me if I asked him. As much as I wanted that life with him, I didn't push him to announce to the world that we were married.

"Rose, can I ask you what happened after your wedding? You said I'm your sister, so you can share anything you want with me. I won't pressure you, but you can trust me." I looked over at Diana, but my mind flashed back to two years ago...

I woke up on the softest mattress I've ever known. My eyes slowly opened and for a moment I wondered where I was. The unfamiliar surroundings caught me by surprise. Then I smiled finally remembering the previous night.

We got married.

No matter what came in our paths we were finally together.

I rolled over and was instantly hit with a soreness that made me wince a lit. I remembered the way Evan had made love to me last night. My first time ever. I could still feel the fullness of his manhood as it pierced me. My body had been tensed but I softened up under his touch. I was so nervous, but he soothed me by placing kisses all over my face and whispering sweet words of affection to me. My first time was with my husband, and I couldn't be prouder of myself for that. Our wedding night had been perfect and the best night of my life.

But the empty space beside me wiped off the smile on my face. The space was cold where Evan slept, telling me that he had left the bed long ago.

I wrapped the silk robe around my body and gathered the sheets to load them into washer smiling to myself. Making my way up to the bathroom, I took a long relaxing bath in the luxurious Jacuzzi tub. The jets massaged my sore muscles and helped me relax. I washed up completely and stepped into the closet with the towel secured around me.

The closet was huge with so many brand-new dresses, shoes, heels and bags for me. I couldn't believe that Evan had bought so much for me. Diana must've helped him pick out the wardrobe, but I couldn't help but admire his taste in clothing.

Pondering over what dress to wear, I finally chose a lavender sundress with thin straps and left my hair open. I put on some pink lip-gloss but left the rest of my face bare. I felt great and fresh and wanted my husband to see me that way.

Making my way downstairs I looked around for my new husband. It was strange calling him that. Evan wanted to move into a new place to mark the beginning of our new journey so I didn't know my way yet. It was so romantic and thoughtful of him. The penthouse he earlier called home was different style and a total bachelor's abode, but this villa was our perfect home with modern contemporary architecture and warm neutral walls. There was plenty of glass for walls, but I loved the concept of it.

I was hoping he'd still be in bed when I woke up but was disappointed. Nonetheless we could still make plans to eat and then dip into the private pool for a swim. At least that's what I dreamt of.

"Evan?" I called out. But I got no answer.

Then I heard noises on my left. There was a door. I opened it and found that it was an office. Evan was standing by the window and gazing outside. He must've heard me coming in, but he didn't turn around. I went to him and hugged him from behind. "Good morning, husband." I kissed his back and felt him shiver. I liked the effect I had on him since that's how he always made me feel.

"Where did you go? I was hoping to wake up beside you."

"Let's have breakfast. I'm hungry, you wore me out last night." I teased. His chest expanded with a huge breath and then he exhaled in a rush. Then he peeled my hands away from his body, dropping them to my sides and faced me. There was no warmth, no tenderness from last night on his face. His face was stone hard. Angry. Fury burned through him.

My smile faded away.

"What happened? Aren't you hungry?" It was stupid to talk about food when he was giving me the cold stare.

"I've eaten." Maybe he was hungry. I didn't try to let it bother me.

"Okay. But maybe you can give me some company." I offered.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because it's our first day after wedding." My heart was hammering wildly in my chest. Why was he speaking like that?

"Wedding? You call some stupid vows and a ring wedding?" I couldn't believe the words I was hearing. I thought I had imagined him saying those words to me.

"You are kidding right? It's not funny to do that with you bride. I don't like it." Of course, he had to be joking. We loved each other. We had married against the world.

"Bride?" He scoffed. "Well let me tell you my 'bride', the vows, the rings, the fake promises meant nothing to me. But I admit, the sex was pretty good. I've never fucked a virgin cunt before. But damn, were you tight. I thoroughly enjoyed shoving my cock inside you. You squeezed me right..."

"Stop! Please stop! Please don't say that. Evan this isn't funny. It's our first day." I didn't know what was happening with him, but I couldn't bear to hear him say those words. The insults were too much, the pain too deep.

"Come on, stop with those waterworks. Those fake tears won't change your fate." He said sitting casually in the chair in front of his desk. I didn't even feel the tears coming. My vision blurred but I was frozen. I felt like I was drowning in water. I was suffocating, I couldn't breathe. I was dying.

"But you love me." God knows, I did with all I had.

"Do I?" He mocked. "I don't remember saying that to you anytime." The vows, the promises seemed like a distant memory. The man in front of me was a stranger.

"Men use far more worse ways to get laid."

He spat those words at me, and walked out. I felt my world crash. I stood there facing the sky, tears running down my cheeks and then I sobbed. I didn't want to believe whatever just happened. I wished for him to come back again and kiss me and say it was all a joke, as pathetic as it was. But he didn't come. My knees hit the floor feeling too heavy to support myself.

"You should've listened to your father." I didn't know he was still at the door watching me but then I heard the door click shut and I knew he was truly gone.

I was numb for hours. Occasionally I wished it was a nightmare and I'd wake up. I was hungry, sore, weak but I managed to walk out of the office into the room. I needed to talk to him, I needed answers. I walked out and found him fixing a plate of food.

"Eat it." He ordered. I hated him. I hated his voice. I hated his face. I hated that I ever loved him.

"I'm not hungry." He dumped the contents of the plate in the garbage bag in front of me.

I had so much to say. So much to ask. But I started with, "Why?"

Are you alright? You look pale." I jumped back from the past quickly blinking a few times to make the tears go. Diana's watched me with concern.

"It's alright if you don't want to tell me. Just remember I'll always be a good listener to whatever you have to share." I managed a weak smile. No one could know about us. I'd tell no one. It was a secret that I had to carry in my grave.

. . .
O

MG, poor Rose! Who else wants to kill Evan after this chapter?

Vote
Comment
& Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8M 213K 52
• 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀 𝗴𝗼 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻, 𝗯𝗮𝗱 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂• || MATURE CONTENT 18+|| In which a twen...
6.9K 614 20
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 " 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢...
15.4K 143 12
Felicia I've had a crush on my best friend's dad for as long as I can remember; saving myself for him. But now, faced with a desperate situation, I n...
4.2M 107K 35
REMINISCENT SERIES BOOK - 1 Excerpt: Rose was taking small steps to her husband's study. She had a medical file in her hand with tears in her eyes wh...