One Wrong Step

By rabiha01

Story of Man and his wife trap in the world of misunderstanding. Khushi left Arnav with her daughter. Arnav i... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3 A
Part 3 B
Part 5 A
Part 5B
Part 6 A
Part 6 B (Last Part)

Part 4

15.1K 710 236
By rabiha01

Closing her eyes she composed herself...she is here to end everything between them...cut the thread which is bonding them...she is here to put end on his chasing...her running... Its enough now she have to end this for forever. With this thought she moved towards his table.

"Kya chahiye tumhe... kyu pareshan kar ke rakha hai mujhe pichle 4 saal se" asked Khushi coming at his table bring him in present from past. (What you want... why are you troubling me from past 4 years)

Seeing her so close after almost 5 long year he just wanted to hug her tightly and cry, plead, beg for her forgiveness. Today he wanted to show her how helpless he is without her...how broken he is but still he hold himself and gulping his tears he gave her a small smile and asked her to sit.

Taking her seat Khushi tried to control her anger as she know anger only lead to unwanted problems so its better to solve this problem calmly.

"Kya logi" asked Arnav forwarding Menu card. (What you will have?)

"Nothing" said Khushi and sat quietly.

"Kitni ajeeb baat hai ki 7 saal ki shadi ke baujud hum aaj ajnabi ki tarah mil rhe hai" said Arnav. (How strange it is that even after 7 years marriage we are meeting like stranger)

"Aur iske liye jimedaar kon hai" asked Khush throwing deathly glare to him. (And who is responsible for this?)

"Mai... aur sirf mai... par Khushi iss baat ko saalon bit gye kam se kam aaj to mujhe apni safai dene Kar mauka do ...mere liye nhi to kam se kam humari Mushkan ke liye" said Arnav looking in her eyes. (Me...only me... but its have been years now of that incidence at least now you can give me a chance if not for me then for our Mushkan)

FLASHBACK

Nani still don't know anything but somewhere she knew that something is wrong as Khushi smile was not reaching to her eyes and her Grandson Arnav he is anything but normal. This is scaring old lady from the time Khushi had came in his life their was so many changes in him from a always grumpy and arrogant businessman he changes into a lovely and caring family man and the whole credit goes to Khushi. From past 2 days she was at her Brother place for attending his daughter marriage but today when she came she can feel changes where Khushi is trying hard to show everything is normal and her grandson is too aloof he just gazing his wife who is looking everywhere except him. She just hope everything is fine here.

"Sab kuch thik hai na" asked Nani. (Is everything fine)

"Ji Naniji ...sab thik hai...him abhi naasta lagate hai" said Khushi with small smile and left for kitchen. (Yea Nani...everything is fine)

Arnav saw her going towards kitchen. She is behaving so calmly as if nothing happened just for his Nani and here he had hurted such innocent and selfless soul. Last night he slept in Guest Room. He was not able to face Khushi... he don't have strength to face her disgust. In morning he was even ashamed with a thought how he is going to face Nani when she will know about his doing but Khushi didn't let her know but he is not going to hide it and hurt Khushi more he will tell everything to Nani after breakfast. With this thought he joined others for breakfast.

***************
After breakfast Raizada's were sitting in lounge when Khushi parents came with Lavanya, looking at her mother face Khushi can say see knew about what happened here but which extent she need to know.

"Are aap sab yha Khushi ne bataya nhi aap and wale hai" asked Nani. (You all here... Khushi didn't tell about your visit)

"Namaste Maaji darasal Khushi ko nhi pta tha ki hum aane wale hai" said Rakesh. (Hello... actually Khushi even didn't knew that we are coming)

"Lagta hai beti aur Natin se milne Ka man kargwa hoga hai na" asked Nani kissing little Mushkan. (Look like you must have come to meet your Daughter and Granddaughter right?)

"Ji" said Rakesh while giving smile to Mushkan. (Yes)

Nani can see that something is wrong the way Shradha is glaring Khushi and even Khushi is not looking interested in welcoming her family she just hope everything is fine but its not look like. Nani asked them to take seat when Shradha requested that she wanted to talk with Khushi in private and hence Khushi, Shradha and Lavanya went to Arnav studies.

"Kitni besharm ho tum...nikale jane ke baujud tum yha chali ayi" asked Khushi to Lavanya. (How shameless you are even after my throwing you out from here you again came back)

"KHUSHI" shouted Shradha.

"Chilaiye mat Mumma ...aapke chillane Ka aaj humpe koi asar nhi hoga ... kyuki aaj baat kapde aur gahne ki nhi mere pati ki hai... aur mai apne Pati ko kisi ke sath batne me interested nhi hu" said Khushi with anger. (Don't shout Mom because its not going to affect me... its not about some dress and jewellery but about my husband and I'm not interested in sharing him)

"Tere pati ne teri Bahen ke sath jabardasti ki hai aur tu yha uski himayat Kar rahi hai" asked angry Shradha. (Your husband had raped you sister and you are taking his side)

"Kya... Kya kha aapne... mere pati ne Lavanya ka RAPE kiya..really Mom you really think so" asked Khushi with amusement. (What you said that my husband had raped Lavanya...really Mom you really think so)

"Tu to aise puch rahi jaise tujhe kuch pta nhi hai" asked Shradha. (You are asking like you don't know anything)

"Pata hai Mumma... mujhe achi tarah pata hai ki mere Pati ne Lavanya ke sath kuch nhi kiya aur unke bich kuch hua bhi hoga na to mujhe pura yakin hai ki uska karan Lavanya hi hogi" said Khushi with confidence. (I know Mom that my husband did nothing with her and even something happened then its all Lavanya doing)

"Khushi tum aisa kaise keh sakti ho" asked Lavanya with her crocodile tears. (Khushi how can you say this?)

"Mai aisa isliye keh sakti hu kyunki tumhe Aur Arnav... tum dono ko hi mai achi tarah jaunti hu... bus itna nhi jaanti thi ki tum apne bahen ke pati ke sath bhi aisa kar sakti ho" said Khushi with disgust. (I can say this because I know both of you... but I never knew that you can do this with your own sister husband)

"Khushi tum apni had paar kar rhi ho" said Lavanya.  (You are crossing your limit)

"Aur ye tum bol rhi ho" said Khushi raising her eyebrow. (And you are saying this?)

"Dekho Khushi hum yha bahas karne nhi aye hai" said Shradha. (Look Khushi we are not here for arguments)

"To fir kisliye ayi hai" asked Khushi. (Then for what?)

"Mujhe lagta hai ki Arnav ko Lavanya se Shaadi kar leni chaiye" said Shradha.  (I think Arnav should marry Lavanya)

"Shradha kya bakwaas kar rhi ho" shouted angry Rakesh entering in study room.  (Shradha what nonsense is this?)

Rakesh came to call his wife and daughter as its getting late so they need to start for their home but got shocked to hear his wife word.

"Ji...aap kab aye...hum to bus yuhi..." said Shradha. (When you came we are just...)

"Ek minute Shradha tum apni baat bad me kahna pahle mere sawaal ka jawab do yha kya ho rha hai... aur tum...aur tum kya bol rhi thi" asked angry Rakesh. (One Minute first answer my question what's happening here and what were you saying?)

"Ji hum aapko batana chahte the magar fir socha ki ek baar Khushi se baat karle magar ab lagta hai ki uska kuch fayda nhi hai... darasal Lavanya ke sath... " and with that Shradha told everything which she learned from Lavanya to Rakesh and Lavanya started her crocodile tears with sob to get her father support. (I wanted tell you but thought to discuss Khushi before telling you but now its look waste... actually Lavanya...)

Hearing this Rakesh lost his balance and hold door to support his body. He don't know what to do and whom to support one side is Lavanya who is saying that she is raped by her own BIL...by her sister husband and other side is Khushi who is not ready to believe her sister and showing trust in her marriage vows. Both are his children and he can't choose one ignoring others but can Arnav do this even he knew that boy. In this 2 years he had seen the love and respect Arnav have for his daughter he is Ideal husband so it means Lavanya is lying but why... what she will get after destroying his own sister household.

"Hume Arnav se baat karni hai" said Rakesh. (I need to talk with Arnav)

Khushi closed her eyes and tears fell down. Its getting worse her every relation is on stake today whoever she choose at last she is going to looser. If she choose her maternal family then she will lose her husband and if she choose Arnav then she will lose her father and Mother but may be its her destiny and she can't change what written in her fate. Taking the intercom she told HP to send Arnav in study room.

"Wo aa rhew hai" said Khushi. (He is coming)

When Arnav came in study room he looked at his wife who was standing at corner while his MIL is consoling crying Lavanya and FIL is sitting on couch. Looking at their face its clear that they were discussing about that curse night. He also knew that whatever they were talking is not going to be end happily...he just hope he don't lose Khushi in all this mishap.

"Khushi..." said Arnav with a hope that she will turn to face him and when she turned he can see her support which gave him strength to face every hurdle coming in his way.

Seeing Arnav Shradha started accusing him for playing with her daughter virtue, Arnav was shocked hearing that as he knew he can't rape someone but he also can't deny the fact that he don't remember anything from last night. His FIL asked him whether its true or not and then he decided to give them his final answer and let them decide what they want.

"I don't know what happened that night whether we slept together or not... whether I raped her or she forced herself on me... I don't remember anything... if I go with my gut feeling then I can say I had not touched Lavanya getting physical with her is out of question for him but again I don't have any evidence to prove my innocence... but yes if you all feel that I had raped Lavanya you can go to Police and lodged complain against me I'm ready to bear any punishment but I can't give her place of my wife... I'm ready to die but I'll never accept Lavanya as my wife... I love only Khushi... and till my last breath she is only my wife" Arnav said Last word looking directly in Khushi eyes and then he left from there.

"Mujhe lagta hai aap sabko aapka jawab mil gaya ...ab aap log ja sakte hai" said Khushi after Arnav left. (I think you all got your answer so you all can leave now)

"Apna dhyan rakhna" said Rakesh giving side hug to Khushi. (Take care)

"Khushi..." Shradha was about to say something when Khushi interrupted.

"Mumma please Arnav ne bhi aapko apna jawab de diya hai...agar aapko phir bhi lagta hai ki Arnav ne Lavanya rape kiya hai to aap police ke paas ja sakte ho" said Khushi finality and moved aside before Shradha hug her. (Mumma Arnav gave you his answer if you still believe he had raped Lavanya then you can go to police)

Lavanya glared Khushi seeing her Plan failing she had thought that due to police fear and their Mother pressure Khushi will make her marry with Arnav but her plan got backfired. She will decide something else she is not going to let ASR slip out of her hand so soon.

*****************

Its have been one month of that incidence and now they are trying to bring their life on track but its looking like next to impossible. They are still not sharing bed as Khushi sleep on bed with Mushkaan and he on recliner. That incident had bought drastic change in Khushi personality she had became extra quite and aloof and what worried him her often nightmares. Most of the time she waked in night shouting his name. Her blank eyes without any emotions is scaring him and she was not ready to even talk with him but today for a change she herself asked him to come early as she want to discuss something important so they have their dinner early but where is she?.. sitting on recliner he took a glass to drink water when he saw her entering in their bedroom from poolside.

"Aap...aa gye" asked Khushi coming in bedroom. (You came)

"Tumhe kuch baat karni thi" asked Arnav coming directly on the point. (You wanted to talk about something)

"Haa... aap baithiye na" said Khushi playing with corner of her aanchal to control her anxiety. (Yea... you sit first)

"Nhi mai thik hu... tum bataon kya baat karni thi tumhe" asked Arnav. (No I'm fine ...you tell me what you have to talk)

Khushi this is situation of Now or Never... after a long fight with her innerself she had taken this decision  now she can't back off.

"Hum jaa rhe hai" said Khushi fisting her saree in both hand. (I'm leaving)

Arnav felt like someone took his breath ... he can read from her expression that its not something simple but its still he thought to ask her again may be he is thinking in wrong direction.

"Kha... aur kitne dino ke liye" asked Arnav. (Where and for how many days)

Khushi knew she have to answer this to him but never thought it would be so hard. Closing her eyes and supressing her pain she started.

"Kha... kitne din ... inn baton ka ab koi matlab nhi hai... matlab hai to bus ye ki mai yha TUMHARE sath nhi reh sakti... Arnav mera dum ghutta hai ye soch kar ki tumhar man me mere siva bhi kisi ka khayal aa sakta... wo subah jab maine tumhe Lavanya ke sath... arnav mujhe wo sone nhi deti... mai kitni bhi kosis kar lu uss visual ko apne aakhon ke saamne se dur nhi kar paa rhi ... mai mar jaungi agar mai yha se nhi gyi... please Arnav please mujhe jaane do" said Khushi joining her both hand in front of him. (Where... how many days it doesn't matter... the only thing matter is that I can't leave with YOU now... Arnav I feel suffocated with a thought that you can desire someone else... morning when I caught you both cant let me sleep... even after lot of try I'm not able to throw that visual out my sight... I'll die if I didn't go from here... please Arnav please let me go)

"Kya hum sab bhul ke ek nyi suruat nhi kar sakte" asked Arnav with hope. (Cant we forget everything and start fresh)

Khushi knew this question will come and she have its answer which is going to hurt him immense but its needed he need to understand the pain a partner feel after getting betrayed.

"Kya tum bhul jaate agar mujhe wasie kisi ke sath uske bistar me dekht..." started Khushi but she stooped hearing his loud voice. (Did you have forgotten that if you had caught me with someone else bed...)

"KHUSHIII" roared Arnav even thought of her being with someone else awake animal in him.

"Kya hua bura laga ... chot pahuchi tumhare MALE EGO ko mujhe bhi aisa hi laga tha... jis baat ki kalpana tumhe itna takleef de sakti hai uss sach ke sath to mai ji rhi hu" said Khushi  and left the room with broken Arnav behind. (You felt bad... your male EGo got hurt... I also felt the same pain... just by imagination you got so much hurt and here I'm leaving with that pain)

O Layi vi na gayi te nibhai vi na gayi

Layi vi na gayi te nibhai vi na gayi

Maine maarda jahan mainu sara

Teri meri yun tut gayi soniye

Jive tutya ambar ton tara aa...

Teri meri yun tut gayi soniye..

Jive tutya ambar ton tara aa...

Layi vi na gayi te nibhai vi na gayi

"Ahhhhh..." screamed Arnav how he is going to live without her, from the time she had entered in his life his world revolve around her how he is going to survive now hope she just kill him instead of leaving him. He didn't realized that glass which he was holding in his right hand had broken and glass pieces hand pierced in his hand making it bleed.

"Arnav ...ye kaise hua"asked Khushi running to him seeing his blood filled hand. (Arnav... how its happened?)

Instead of replying he was staring her face so holding his hand from elbow and taking his injured palm in other hand she took him to recliner and made him sit while she went to bring first add kit.

Sochya na aisi mera pyaar bhul jaayengi

Ho.. sochya na aisi mera pyaar bhul jaayengi

Aine jitte kitte hoye karaar bhul jaayengi

Karaar bhul jaayengi

Arnav was seeing how she is dressing his wound. She cant see him with such small cut which hardly make any difference to him and ready to wound him his heart which choking his breath. Yes he accept he did wrong but didn't his love mean anything. Just his one mistake is above his Love... his feelings for her... can't see give him one more chance to hi  just one last chance. He saw her standing and moving to go so he just hugged her wais tightly as if trying to convey his feelings through his tears.

"Arnav please..." Khushi pleaded as she feeling weak seeing his pain.

"No... you can't leave me... you had promised me that you will never leave me" said arnav like a stubborn child.

"Waada to tumne bhi kiyta tha... agni ke samne saat fere lete samay... wafadari ka wada... rishte me imaandari ka wada" said Khushi controlling her sobs. (Even you had promised me of your faithfulness and honesty while taking 7 vows)

Hearing her word his hold became loose and she just left from there hiding her tears while he was sobbing loudly falling on his knees.

Dil mil ke bichhad gaya yaara..

Teri meri yun tut gayi soniye

Jive tutya ambar ton tara aa...

Teri meri yun tut gayi soniye

Jive tutya ambar ton tara aa...

Layi vi na gayi te nibhai vi na gayi

**********************

AIRPORT

Finally day had come and she is here to get her flight to move Mumbai at her friend place from where she is going to start her new journey. Arnav know about her address so can come anytime to meet Mushkan but only Mushkan as she don't want to meet him again till she want on which he agreed. Her dad had came to see off even mother wanted to come but she refused her as he is very hurt by her mother behaviour and don't want to keep any type of contact with her. she is sitting with her Dad while her baby is with Arnav who was hugging and kissing her and the Mushkan is sticking making her sad as somewhere she is responsible for separating a daughter from her father but she had decided never interfere between Arnav and Mushkan relationship. She came back in present hearing call for her flight so she moved to Arnav taking Mushkan from him she was about to move when he held her hand.

O sachcha Rab raakha munh mod jaan waaliye

Sachcha Rab raakha munh mod jaan waaliye

Dil lai ke mera dil tod jaan waaliye

Tod jaan waaliye

Arnav saw her going with Mushkan and felt like his life is going with them so he just held her hand pulling her to him he hug her tightly.

"Khushi...ple... please mat jao" cried Arnav forgetting about his surrounding. (Khushi please don't go)

"Arnav please sambhalo khud ko sab dekh rhe hai" said khushi who is failing hard in controlling her own tears. (Arnav please control yourself everyone is looking at us)

But Arnav was far to understand this holding her hand he fell on his knees and started begging while crying.

"Khushi... please mat jao... mai mar jaunga... please mujhe ek mauka dedo" Arnav begged holding her hand.  (Khushi... please don't go... I'll die... please give me one last chance)

Khushi felt like her resolution is falling so she asked her Dad to hold him and she just runaway from there . she don't want to back off from decision now.

Haaye dil tutya na jude dubara..

Teri meri yun tut gayi soniye

Jive tutya ambar ton tara aa...

Teri meri yun tut gayi soniye

Jive tutya ambar ton tara aa...

"KHUSHIII...KHushi please mat jao... Khushiii" screamed Arnav while running towards immigration area. (KHUSHIII... Khushi please don't go... khushii)

It was getting hard for Rakesh to control his SIL. He don't know whom to blame for this cruel fate of his Daughter and SIl even after loving each other they are getting apart.

On the other side Khushi is crying hugging her daughter tightly she had never thought someday she will became the reason of Arnav pain... his tears.

Layi vi na gayi te nibhai vi na gayi

Te nibhai bhi na gayi

Maine maarda jahan mainu sara

Teri meri yun tut gayi soniye

Jive tutya ambar ton tara aa...

Haaye teri meri yun tut gayi soniye..

Jive tutya ambar ton tara aa...

FLASHBACK END
 ************************

NOTE

Sorry for being Late Guys and thanks for your VOTE and COMMENTS hope you all will like this part.

One more thing I'm turning this Three Shot in Five Shot with one epilogue as I don't want to finish it in rush hope you all don't mind.

Silent readers plz Vote at least.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 935 4
# 99 in rank #93 #28 Story of two broke hearts
36.6K 2.1K 7
A story about how two souls come together and heal each other.
36.2K 3.2K 21
This story is based on my own imagination. This story is crime, mystery, thriller and more love. Plus, i became ashaangi and Cooku with Comali fan, t...
258K 16.7K 81
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...