Could You Love Me

By MTColt

My only desire would be to make it through this hell. One more year would be all it takes, to set me free. Ne... More

{Introduction/Cast}
Could You Love Me {I}
Could You Love Me {II}
Could You Love Me {III}
Could You Love Me {IV}
Could You Love Me {V}
Could You Love Me {VI}
Could You Love Me {VII}
Could You Love Me {VIII}
Could You Love Me {IX}
Could You Love Me {XI}
Could You Love Me {XII}
Could You Love Me {XIII}
Could You Love Me {XIV}
Could You Love Me {XV}
Could You Love Me {XVI}
Could You Love Me {XVII}
Could You Love Me {XVIII}
Could You Love Me {XIX}
Could You Love Me {XX}
Could You Love Me {XXI}
Could You Love Me {XXII}
Could You Love Me {XXIII}
Could You Love Me {XXIV}
Could You Love Me {XXV}
Could You Love Me {XXVI}
Could You Love Me {XXVII}
Could You Love Me {XXVIII}
Could You Love Me {XXIX}
Could You Love Me {XXX}
Could You Love Me {XXXI}
Could You Love Me {XXXII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIV}
Could You Love Me {XXXV}
Could You Love Me {XXXVI}
Could You Love Me {XXXVII}
Could You Love Me {XXXVIII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIX}
Could You Love Me {XL}
Could You Love Me {XLI}

Could You Love Me {X}

1.6K 39 6
By MTColt

"Don't you know you're just another heartbreaker,
so let me swoon over you"

CHAPTER TEN

I trudged into school, upset that it wasn't Friday.

Walking to my locker, I figured Imogen would be waiting for me.

Instead I saw Axel, leaning against the locker next to mine in all his leathered glory, offering me one of his charming smiles as I approached him.

Charming?

"What's the occasion?" I questioned, watching as he chuckled.

"My mother was upset she missed you yesterday, so she wanted me to extend the invitation of having you over for dinner tonight." Axel smirked, awaiting my answer.

"How kind of her." I grinned, feeling something pull at my heart strings. "Of course I accept."

"I'll let her know. She'll be thrilled." He added, making me laugh as he walked away.

Maybe this whole friend thing wouldn't be so bad after all.

***

"Did you guys get that random pop quiz in Lynch's?" Chase asked he sat down at the lunch table, looking flustered.

"No?" I replied, arching an eyebrow at him.

"What!? That's ridiculous. I'm in her first period and she hit us with this hard ass quiz." Chase complained, making Imogen sling her arm around him. "My grade in that class in tanking."

"My poor baby." She teased, making Chase roll his eyes.

Oh, kill me.

"I'm in her second and she always talks shit about you guys." Archer announced from his seat at our table.

"Well Axel and I are in her third and she talks shit about the both of your classes." I added with a smirk, making them both look at me in surprise.

"That's why you guys should've taken honors history." Imogen sighed, shrugging her shoulders cockily.

I rolled my eyes at her, looking toward the entrance of the cafeteria. As if Axel heard me talking about him, he entered the cafeteria, laughing and nudging Dean who was laughing as well.

And the bromance continues.

I couldn't them lasting more than two days without talking to each other, though it still bothered me that I was never told what the whole feud was about. All I got was a 'its personal' from Axel, which gave me absolutely nothing.

Axel sat down across from me, tossing a smile my way.

That was two today.

I must've been doing something right.

"If you're talking about the pop quiz in Lynch's, I totally bombed it." Dean announced.

"Exactly!" Chase exclaimed, pinching the bridge of his nose aggravatedly.

It was unusual seeing him so caring about his grades. I assumed it was the reality of senior year setting upon him, meaning he actually had to work.

"Alfredo or spaghetti?" Axel questioned, arching an eyebrow as he looked at his phone screen, making me laugh.

"Your mom?" I asked, making him nod. "Alfredo."

If there was one thing I had learned about Tammy Dawson, it was that the woman could cook. A bite of her food was like a glimpse of heaven.

That might've been a little dramatic but still, it was good.

Imogen gave me a questioning glance, a small smirk on her face.

"Don't." I glared, making her raise her hands in defense.

"I won't." She replied knowingly. "But looks like you two kissed and made up."

I scoffed, not believing the words that just came out of my best friends mouth. "We didn't kiss and make up."

"Are you sure about that?" She argued, raising her perfectly arched eyebrows at me.

"Yes." I groaned, making her smirk widen.

***

"So you're going to take test tube A and slowly pour it into beaker A." Mr Mosley instructed.

"You can do the honors." Axel said, gesturing towards the equipment, an amused look on his face.

I sighed, sliding the goggles down over my eyes, dumping whatever was in the test tube in the weird smoking liquid, causing it to fizz up and overflow.

Axel erupted into a fit of laughter at my panicking, causing unwanted attention on us.

"Ms Blackwood, I'm assuming you didn't listen to my instructions precisely." Mr Mosley examined as I struggled to clean up the mess, Axel still laughing.

"With all do respect Mr Mosley, I believe there is something wrong with your lab." I replied, causing a few people to laugh.

"Is that s-"

"We'll clean it up Mosley. You can continue with your lesson now." Axel spoke up, a look on his face as if he was daring Mr Mosley to argue.

He just glared, turning back to the demonstration in the front of the class.

"Nice going." Axel mumbled to me, trying to hold back his laughter.

"You know what? You can do the labs from now on." I scoffed, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Better hope your hands don't fall off." He joked, watching as I picked up the paper towels that were saturated by the liquid.

"Looks like you'll be sewing them back on." I retorted, dumping the mess in the trash, making him laugh.

***

"Hi sweet thing." Tammy gushed as Axel and I walked through the door, making Axel smirk.

"Hi mom."

"Not you." Tammy said, pushing him out of the way, hugging me instead.

"Hi." I laughed, hugging her back. "Thank you for inviting me over."

"Of course!" She exclaimed, clutching my shoulders. "I hope your hungry, I made my famous bread sticks too."

"They're not famous." Axel quipped, making Tammy glare at him.

"Oh yeah? Well you're excluded from dinner." Tammy retorted, smiling in victory as she walked away, making Axel roll his eyes.

"I'm starting to think she likes you more than me."

I smiled as he pulled me by my wrist, leading us up the stairs. "Wouldn't be the first time."

He turned around, narrowing his eyes at me. "Watch it Blackwood."

"Don't be scared of the truth, Dawson." I chimed, getting nervous from the mysterious glint in his eyes.

Before I knew I was over his shoulder, his arm wrapped securely around my thighs as he jogged up the rest of the stairs, like he had no extra weight on his back.

Literally.

My hair was covering my face like curtain and I let out a distraught yell, distinctly making out pink walls as we entered a room.

"Quick Nina, get some rope and tie her up, we don't have much time." Axel joked, making Nina gasp.

"Axel put her down!" Nina squealed, getting up from her tea party that was going on with her stuffed animals, brushing my hair out of my face so she could see me.

"Hi there." I smiled, making her giggle.

Axel set me back down on my feet, his large hands firmly grasping my waist so I wouldn't fall. I looked into his ocean eyes, feeling my heart pumping.

Only because I was just upside down.

"Oktober, wanna join my tea party?" Nina questioned, a hopeful smile on her face.

"I would love to join your tea party, Nina." I smiled back, making her cheer.

"Get out Axel! No boys!" Nina ordered, pushing Axel towards the door.

"But what about Elf the Elephant?" Axel questioned, pointing to the elephant stuffed animal sitting in a chair at the table that I assumed was a boy.

"He's allowed." Nina sassed, crossing her arms.

"Well why aren't I?"

"Because boys have cooties." I butted in, making Nina laugh and Axel narrow his eyes at me, making my heart throb.

Only because I was just upside down a few minutes ago, though.

"Yeah!" Nina hollered. "Boys have cooties!"

"Oh whatever." Axel said defeatedly, allowing Nina to push him out of the room.

***

"So then I walked back into my room to find Axel putting my lipstick on, Dean wearing one of my bra's, and Archer wearing my floppy hat and sunglasses." Tammy finished her story, making everyone laugh but Axel. "I have that picture somewhere around here."

"Enough mom." Axel groaned, evidently embarrassed.

Hearing all the stories of Axel when he was younger were incredibly humoring, but he obviously wasn't enjoying it.

"Thank you dear." Tammy said as I sat down the last of the dishes by the sink.

"Of course." I smiled, turning to leave, until she stopped me.

"Could I ask you something?" She questioned, one of those motherly smirks on her face like she knew something.

Uh oh.

"Sure."

The look on her face made my heart race, not knowing what she was going to ask.

"What's the details with you and Axel?"

My eyebrows shot up immediately, a confused look appearing on my face. "Details?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed, turning off the running water in the sink and setting the plate she was washing down. "I need to know what's going on in my son's life and whether or not he's going to miss this door of perfect opportunity."

Oh she's being serious.

I laughed at what she said, shaking my head. "We're just friends, I can assure you."

Mrs Dawson shook her head, turning the faucet back on. "Not for long." She chimed, making me laugh as I left the kitchen, returning upstairs.

I was getting ready to turn into Nina's room to finish the tea party when a strong arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me into a room.

I looked around to see the dark blue walls of Axel's room, settling down the nerves that stirred up inside of me.

"Was my mom getting a little too dramatic on you?" He questioned, an amused smirk on his face.

"I think you know the answer to that." I grinned, realizing his arm was still wrapped around my waist.

He must've noticed too, since he removed it from me, clearing his throat as he turned around, falling back on his bed.

"Do you have to be home at a certain time?" He questioned, making me shake my head, a lack of words getting the better of me.

"Good." He smirked, patting the extra space on the bed beside him. "Come sit. Movie time."

***

A/N: Chapters 6-10 have been uploaded! I'm trying to be quick so bare with me!

As always I appreciate you all for reading, it means the absolute world to me!

Till next time,

-MT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 8.2K 44
"I'm not going to hurt you." He took his hands off my waist and placed them on either side of my head. "I could never hurt you." He lowered his face...
1.3K 92 40
This is the 2nd story of the bad boy/girl collection, they can be read separately, they are not related to each other. Mature scenes of sex and viole...
149K 3.6K 54
‼️Content warning and trigger warning‼️ This is a dark romance and contains mature content that is not suitable for all readers. The trigger warnings...
19 0 8
After I got dumped by the one guy I truly loved, my life crumbled. I was branded as a whore and I just crumbled as a whole. I messed up bad and I spe...