harry potter oneshots

By angryowo

[discontinued] this is just where i will post oneshots about anything i want :) enjoy. More

The Tutor
Forbidden Love
Mistletoe
Saturday Morning Arguments
Dead Case
Ditching
Follow Me
O.W.L's
The Beach
You
Dressed Too Quickly
Hair
Scars
Please, Come Outside

Amortentia

10.8K 84 63
By angryowo

Harry awoke early in the morning after another morbid dream, which he has a lot these days. Mainly about Voldemort, and sometimes about his parents.

He sprang out of bed, and slipped on his clothes, and pulled his robe on overtop. He walked out of the dormitory and into the common room. It was still dark, lit only by the sliver of sun peaking out from the horizon. Harry was very behind on his homework, so he went back into the dormitory quietly and pulled out his books, parchment and a quill with ink. He scrambled out the door again, and set his things down on the table, and began to write his essay for transfiguration. The common room was empty, and the only sound was the quill on paper.

Hours later, other students began to file out of the dormitories and into the common room just as Harry finished his essay. He was glad he finished, because that essay happened to be due today. Hermione and Ron had not yet come out, which was surprising because they were always up early. Harry packed up all his things and rolled up his essay. Just then, Ron and Hermione came out (Hermione before Ron) with all their things ready for class. They both had transfiguration together first, then they split, Harry and Ron go to divination, and Hermione goes to arithmancy. Then they meet up again for a double potions class.

"Hey guys." Said Harry as the two approached him.

"Hello. How long have you been up?" Asked Hermione, her head tilted slightly.

"Hours ago. Crack of dawn." Said Harry. They didn't look surprised, only the first few times it happened.

"Was it another nightmare?" Asked Hermione, a puzzled yet sophisticated look on her face.

"Yeah, just with Voldemort and such. Nothing new." Said Harry, and they shrugged. They were used to Harry saying 'Voldemort' by now.

"Well, we should probably get going to class. Can't be laid for McGonagall's class." Said Ron. They nodded in agreement and headed of to her class.

It was an easy lesson, they were just working on some old things, perfecting their old transfigurations. Also Malfoy and his group making jokes and laughing at everyone when they couldn't complete the transfiguration.

"Bye, Hermione. See you again in the dungeon." Said Ron and Harry ad they parted ways for divination. They walked slowly to that class, because they truly thought Trelawney was a nut. They ascended the ladder and opened the trap door, being one of the last to arrive. They took seats close to the back.

"I wonder what stupid thing she will make us do today, sniff each other's socks?" Joked Ron. Harry laughed a little, and Ron smiled.

"I would expect that, honestly." Said Harry, pulling out his book for divination.

"Alright, class. Today we will be looking at each other's dream diaries and predicting from there." Said Trelawney, that crazy look on her face. She walked back behind her desk and sat down.

"All of mine are made up." Confessed Ron.

"So are mine. I am NOT writing my real dream. Last night I had a dream that Voldemort slayed me." Said Harry with a sarcastic tone.

"That would not look good for your future, Harry." Said Ron, laughing quietly.

The class ended shortly after they had finished looking at each other's made up dreams, and writing down the fake predictions they made. A couple nights, Harry dreamed about buying new socks, while Ron dreamed about eating lots of toast.

Harry and Ron opened the trap door, and descended the ladder, and speed walked to the dungeon, because it was very far away.

"I wonder why Snape will take points from me today." Said Harry, as they entered the dungeon together. They say down on either side of Hermione. Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle entered shortly after them, sitting in the middle of the room.

"Alright class. Today we will be brewing a potion known as Amortentia. Can anyone tell me what that does?" Said Snape as he stood from his desk. The class looked at each other in confusion. Hermione shot her hand up, and Harry and Ron looked at each other. Malfoy snickered, his grey and glassy eyes peering at Hermione. "Anyone?" Snape looked over Hermione's hand, searching for anyone but her to call on. So, Harry stuck up a trembling hand into the air. He nodded at Hermione, who whispered what it was to him.

"Amortentia is a potion, if made correctly, that smells like someone or something you love truly." Harry echoed Hermione words. She gave a slight nod, so Snape would not not notice.

"Correct." Said Snape, not even looking in Harry's direction. He never bothered to anyways. Snape waved his wand and the chalkboard filled with the ingredients and directions for brewing the potion. It wasn't very hard.  So, Harry stood up, gathered his materials, and headed straight back to his cauldron. Hermione had already started brewing hers, and she was so very lost in her work. Ron was still sorting out his ingredients in front of him, in a sort of line, to make sure he put them in the right order. Harry looked at the board, and decided he better start before Snape just decides to take his potion away from him. He throws in the first ingredient, which was Ashwinder eggs. He tossed them delicately into the cauldron. He adjusted his glasses on his face, and looked at the next ingredient, the rose thorns.  He tossed them in, and all around him he began to hear sniffing, and he turned behind him to see Malfoy sniffing his finished potions. He pushed his hair out of his face, and turned away from Malfoy.

Harry finished his potion, bottled some, and then sniffed over top of his cauldron. He smelled something wooden, almost like a broomstick! Yes, he did love Quidditch. 

He also smelled a sweet, tart smell. The one and only treacle tart, that he also loved dearly.

But the last smells caught him by surprise. He smelled something like fabric, almost silky. He also smelled a strong, cologne that he smelled almost every day.

Malfoy.

Draco Malfoy's cologne.

Draco Malfoy's clothing.

Harry stumbled backwards a little, in utter shock of what he had just smelled. He could hear Malfoy's words behind him.

"Mine smells of the Manor, yes, I do love myself a mansion. It also smells like rain. Boy, do I love the stormy weather. I also smell--" he cut himself off.

"What is it, Malfoy?" Said a Slytherin girl to his far left. Harry turned around to watch Malfoy.

"Never mind that." Said Malfoy, a blush creeping up on his cheeks.

Did Malfoy just blush? Harry thought to himself. Harry could feel his own face growing warm.

"Come on Draco." Said Goyle, shoving him a little.

"Sod off, Goyle." Said Malfoy, shoving through the crowd, dropping his bottle of potion on Snape's desk and walking out the door.

"I wonder why he ran off." Said Ron, looking a little confused.

"Just afraid." Said Hermione, trying to insult Malfoy.

"I--I'll be back." Said Harry, jumping from his seat, and bursting out the door.

"Harry!" He heard Hermione cry as he ran out of the room. He could feel Snape's glare as he left the room.

"DRACO!" Yelled Harry, his voice echoing throughout the hallway. He heard footsteps from around the corner, and out peaked the white-blonde haired boy, Draco Malfoy.

"What are you doing, Potter? Leave me alone." Said Draco, turning the corner again. Harry sprinted after him.

"Draco, wait." Said Harry, and Draco stopped in his tracks, turning around as he heard his first name. Draco then turned around again, and bolted the other way. Harry chased after him.

They ran for minutes, Harry trying to get Draco to stop running, but they ended up on the 7th floor.

"Draco, please. Please just tell me what's the matter!" Said Harry in almost a shout.

"Why do you care, Potter?" Said Draco, stopping and looking into Harry's emerald eyes.

"MY POTION SMELLED LIKE YOU!" Shouted Harry, and this made Draco wince.

"AND MINE SMELLED LIKE YOU TOO." Shouted Draco back at Harry. They both stopped, and looked at each other.

Then, Harry realized where they were.

The Room of Requirement.

Harry paced back and forth three times, thinking very hard about what he needed.

I need a small room. Just a small, empty, lit room.

The door appeared, and Harry looked at it.

"Follow me." Said Harry, weakly. Draco followed him through the doors. There it was, a small and empty room. It has candles here and there, lighting the room.

"What is this..." Said Malfoy, his voice trailing away.

"A room. Where we can talk." Said Harry, still keeping his voice soft. Harry stepped closer to Draco, who stood looking at him, almost in a shocked state.

"Do you love me, Draco Malfoy?" Said Harry, his eyes locked on Draco.

"I--I--" said Draco, trying to force words out. "Yes. I love you." His eyes filled with tears.

"I love you too." Said Harry, plain and open.

Why had he not admitted this sooner? Why couldn't he accept himself sooner?

It felt amazing to say it outloud.

Just amazing.

Draco took a step right at Harry, which left them standing a foot away from each other. Harry swung his arms around Draco, because he knew Draco wouldn't do it first. Draco's face fell onto Harry's shoulder, as he let the tears stream from his eyes.

"Harry, I'm so sorry--" Started Draco.

"Be quiet, Draco. It's fine. It's okay." Said Harry, holding Draco close to him, tight to his chest.

"It's not, not okay--"

"Draco, please."

"But, Harry..."

"Draco. Seriously be quiet." Harry pulled back from the hug, but gently pressed his lips against Draco's. His lips were soft on his, and this moment seemed to have lasted forever.

This was what Harry needed so much.

Love.

They stood there, holding each other tightly and embracing each other's lips, while the room just stayed silent.

When the moment was over, they could barley speak.

"T-that was lungovrdoo." Draco slurred his words together.

"W-what was that?" Asked Harry, his face only inches from Draco's still.

"That was long overdue, Harry." Said Draco, smiling.

"Definitely. Now, we should go back to potions." Said Harry, grabbing Draco by his robe sleeve and dragging him all the way back to class. They both took a deep breath and entered.

"Where did you two go?" Bellowed Snape, looking at them with an evil stare. The boys looked at each other, there lips curling into a smile.

"Bathroom."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 42 12
Just a bunch of Drarry oneshots. I have a lot of ideas that idk what to do with so here's this. Slow updates, post them as they come to me
42.3K 898 11
Basically what the title says. I hope you enjoy!
387 3 8
here are some (mostly) Harry Potter one shots :)
343K 5.7K 26
[discontinued] here ya go, my beautiful potterheads ⚑ NO SMUT, unless specified, but some of them are slightly suggestive. all the oneshots are fem...