Random one-shots

By Arandomshipper

This will be a bunch of random oneshots kinda like my smut ones but there will be singles. Most of these won'... More

Jokes
High

Wolves

102 2 0
By Arandomshipper

^Original idea. The title was inspired by the song by Aurora linked above^

*Mark was abandoned in the forest by his parents at a young age. He was taken in and raised by talking wolves (Idfk ok) and has had to contact with the outside world until a group of people come into his forest*

——————Flashback Mark age 4——————

Mark was lying down on some leaves, with his head on one of the wolves bodies and sleeping soundly until he heard a crash outside the den which woke him and the wolf he was lying on. "Mark stay here." The wolf now identified as his so called 'brother' Tom said quietly but assertively.

"B-but I wanna come with you." Mark whispered and held onto Tom's coat.

"I said no." He said a little louder which made Mark whimper and let go. Mark watched him leave and sneakily followed when he was almost out of sight.

Mark crawled on his hands and knees like he had been taught to by his 'family'. They had taught him how to walk and talk but for safety and cover from other people, mostly hunters, or prey who came looking for food. Tom stopped and sniffed around, obviously looking for the source of the noise that woke them up. Mark stayed hidden behind trees that surrounded the den.

Another rustle was sounded right after Tom spoke, which sent them both on edge. Mark watched as Tom got into a pouncing position to attack whatever or whoever was there. "Fucking come out!" Tom yelled and Mark flinched, he had never yelled like that before.

After a while of waiting there was a rustle and something launched out at Tom. He gasped, quite audibly but thankfully no one heard. He watched as the two wrestled, kicked and bit each other. "C'mon Tom. You can do it." He quietly cheered on his 'brother' as they fought.

He was brought to silence when Tom missed placed a paw and fell on his back allowing the other wolf to jump on top of him and bite his neck, but not before Mark pushed him off and started screaming hoping to wake up the others, which thankfully worked nad they all came out and saw Tom.

They all crowded around Tom trying to help, as Mark just lay down beside Tom and snuggled into his coat, wishing this all to be over. The pack made make shift bandages and put them on Tom then Mark fell asleep.

—————————Present—————————

Mark and his pack were hunting for more food to cook. He has been told that he was now 28, he didn't bother keeping track after a while, and he looked into pond water to see what he looked like. He has raven hair, he decided call a floof, coco brown eyes and a beard.

After a while of hunting they had caught a couple birds, but they all stopped suddenly, leaving Mark confused because he wasn't paying attention, which he would be scolded for later. He looked in the direction they were looking in and saw a deer. They all got in position with the elders in front and the alpha at the back. (This is actually how they hunt. My dad is a smart man) Mark got into a position nearer Tom so he could watch his 'parents' and the pups to make sure nothing happens to them.

——————————Mark——————————

As they neared the deer, something rustled in the trees, startling the deer and making it run. "Shit." Me and Tom whispered and guided the group back to cover, confused as to what startled the deer. It wasn't windy enough to cause a rustle like that and Mark moved forward to protect the pups and elders, while Tom kept his eyes behind us. Other voices were heard throughout the trees and we all growled.

I crawled forward with the others in tow and peered through the trees to see what the talking was about. "I heard that there was talking wolves here. Isn't that crazy?!" I heard a male call out very loudly.

"Yeah man that's fucking insane." A much calmer voice responded back and it was deeper too.

"Wasn't there also that thing about the abandoned child haunting the place?" Another laughed. 'How many people are there?' I thought to myself, as I got into position for an attack.

"Dude you know that's just a legend. Like those stupid things about talking wolves." A forth person spoke and more rustling was heard as they moved.

"Shit, they're moving." I whispered to the rest of the group, mostly Tom.

"And so are we." Tom said and started leading the group away with me walking backwards just in case.

As we were walking away the group came bursting out of the forest and started running through the trees. "Go! Go! Go!" Tom called to us and we started moving faster out of the way.

"What the hell?" Someone from the other group shouted. "There's something moving over there?!" The first man shouted, I'm assuming to the rest of the group.

"I see it. Lets go investigate." The last guy said and the sound of movement picked up.

"Shit. We're screwed." An older wolf spoke and moved faster with the food to bring it to the den.

"Just keep moving and we'll be fine. Don't panic." I reassured and moved at the same pace as the rest of the pack.

——————————Jack——————————

Me and my friends started moving towards the disruption in the trees, all on edge just in case it was a rabid animal. "Who's there?!" Wade shouted to the trees where the movement came from.

"Shit, keep moving. Keep an eye on the pups and elders. Come on guys." I heard a male voice speak quite quietly as if he wasn't wanting to be heard.

"What the hell?" I murmured and walked a little quicker to the trees to see if I was right about the wolves.

"We're so close to the den." A new voice spoke in the same area.

"Den? What are they on?" I heard Felix mutter and I knew he heard it.

"Just go through and we'll know. It's probably some kids who think we're police." I responded and saw them nod their heads.

I brushed aside some of the branches and walked through. "Run!" A wolf yelled and I was stunned as I watched the wolves and a man run.

"I was right?" I mumbled stunned. The man turned around and walked up to me, I was to shocked to move or speak.

"Tell no one. We will find you if you do." He grabbed my collar and lift me up to his height. (In this Mark is taller than Jack, I know they're like the same height)

"D-Don't hurt me. I-I'll call the police." He looked confused as I brought out my phone.

"What's that?" He asked and looked at my phone in awe.

"I-It's my phone." His mouth made the shape of the word 'phone.'

"What does it do?" Is this guy serious?

"It calls and texts people, you can play games and things." His eyes lit up in excitement.

"Hey Jack? Where are you?" I heard Bob call out and there was rustling. The man looked scared and he turned to leave. "I-I have to go back to the den." He said, let go of me and ran.

I watched him go behind the trees and turned to Bob. "What was that?"

"I was right."

——————————Mark——————————

When I got back to the den, all the wolves surrounded me asking if I was ok. I didn't respond only went to my 'mum.' (I am British before you say anything) "What's a phone?" She looked taken a-back.

"How did you find out about that?" She asked and I didn't know what to say, I couldn't just say, 'hey, a man came into our woods and I intimidated him and he nearly called the 'police' on me, whatever that means, are you proud?' No I wouldn't.

"U-uh, when we were on a hunt I saw a poster with the 'phone' on it and got curious." I shrugged as I crouched down beside her.

"Well, a phone is a communication device used by humans, like you, to communicate with other humans." She explained and I was even more intrigued.

Just as I was about to respond Tom burst through the door. "We gotta move. Animal control is here." He said, out of breath. He must've ran from further in the woods until here.

—————————3rd person————————

We started to move out into the woods, with everyone on high alert. After a while of running, Mark ended up carrying most of the pups with some of the older wolves helping. "He ran this way!" A familiar voice shouted and pounding footsteps came in their direction and it made the wolves panic and start to growl, including Mark.

Just as they started to move away something crashed through the trees and stood right in front of them. "Freeze! They're here!"

Mark looked up at the voice. It was the man who showed him about the 'phone'. Some of the pups started whimpering in Mark's arms as he looked up to face the man. "It's you," He spat out while trying to calm the pups down like a mother he knew he could never be. The man looked at him in confusion, then to the pups and back up to him. "I thought I told you to stay away from my family, you human." He said as if it were an insult. The rest of the wolves started growling and closed in tightly with Mark.

"F-family? This is your family?" It mostly made sense now, the mud, the ragged cloth stitched together and the fact he didn't know anything about technology.

"Jack! Where are you?!" Another voice that sounded familiar to Jack shouted and footsteps barrelled towards the group.

"I'm here!" Jack shouted and the pups whimpered again from the loud noise. Mark sat cross legged on the floor, giving up his crouched position to be more comfortable and the rest of the pack following suit as the pups ran around them and Mark smiled as he pet them.

After a while of waiting with Jack, awkwardly some may add, a group of people came through the trees and the pups instantly all ran onto Mark's lap as he protected them like a parent. "Jack what are you doing?" A tall man named Wade spoke after he got through the branches.

"I wanted to prove I wasn't lying when I said I was right." He gestured to the wolves and Mark on the floor.

"What the hell." The other tall man called Bob spoke as he looked over the group with a judgemental and slightly disgusted eye.

"What do you want?" Tom asked alerting everyone's eyes to him and surprised looks from Jack's group.

"D-did that wolf. J-just fucking s-speak." The one with blond dyed tips spoke who Jack knew in his group as Felix.

Sirens were heard in the distance and animal control came behind the group of the four males. "No." Mark heard his mother breathe out as he looked to the men holding the nets. The group of wolves all huddled together, including Mark, with their heads down like they had been taught if they were going to be taken and the men walked forward and put a net around the group as the men watched and the police came through to see what had happened with the call about the wolves.

———————————————————————

Mark was taken in the back of a police car utterly confused as he had never seen a car before but he didn't voice his questions. The thing he was most distraught about was that he was split up from his family so he lay down in the back and curled up into a ball.

They made it to the police station with people looking at Mark strangely since he had no shoes, ragged clothes and was dirty. He was sat in front of the police officers and he was looked over him judgementally before they started asking questions. "Why were you in the woods?" Was the first question was asked.

"I-I live there," He answered honestly and the look he was given put a look of confusion on his face. "M-my parents abandoned me and the wolves took me in." This made one of the officers give him a sorrow full look but that was quickly covered up.

"The wolves took you in? That's insane," The other responded and Mark looked down. "This man is insane." He said and Mark's eyes teared up but he blinked them away quickly without anyone noticing, but someone did.

———————————————————————

"That's enough questioning for today. Just one more question, what's your name?" Mark looked up and the men looked at him for answer. 'What's your name?' It's an innocent question that Mark thought he knew the answer to.

"Mark." He answered and the officers waited for him to give a last name.

"Last name?" Mark looked confused. "What's that?" He asked and tilted his head like a dog. The officers were surprised at this.

"Well, your first name is Mark. So you have another name after that." The officer on the left explained to him.

"I guess I don't have one," He answered and the officers and people watching were confused as they were supposed to write a report of the incident and look at his past offences. "Where do I go now?" He asked, not knowing if he was supposed to stay or go 'home'.

"I guess you can go home or wherever you go," he said and Mark started to get up. "Write down your address here." The man passed paper and a pen to Mark and he was even more confused.

"What do I do with this? And what are the things on this thing?" Mark pointed to the paper and letters then Jack came in.

"I'll take him with me." Jack said as he quickly scribbled down his address and signature.

Mark was very confused when he saw these 'phones' and the 'moving things on wheels' as he liked to call them. "What are all these buttons for?" He asked and started touching them.

"Are you poor? Did you never go to school? How can you speak?" The questions came out like a river and it took Mark a minute to get all the questions that was being asked.

"1. What's being poor? 2. What's school? And 3. the wolves taught me." He explained.

"Wolves taught you how to speak?" He mumbled and stayed silent for the rest of the drive, ignoring Mark pressing the buttons for the radio repeating the same songs that Mark had no idea about.

They arrived at Jack's house after another 30 minutes of silent driving with the radio playing. Jack got out of the car with Mark following soon after. "Hey, when do you go hunting?" Mark asked thinking it was normal to hunt for your food.

"Hunting? I don't do that." Mark's head tilted to the side again.

"Then how do you get food?" Mark said and when they got in the house he sat on the floor right in front the couch where Jack sat on.

"Why are you sitting on the floor?" Jack asked him.

"What is that you're on?" He pointed at the couch.

"This is a couch that you sit on." Mark crawled over to the couch and lay down across Jack's lap like a dog wanting attention which he did get.

———————————————————————

After Mark stayed with Jack for a few days he had been asking about his 'family' for a couple days and how much he wanted to see them. "What are your parents called? Or your siblings." He asked and Mark thought for a bit.

"Like my real parents? Then I have no idea. But the people that raised me are called Mellissa and I don't really know my 'dads' name but my 'brother' was called Tom." He explained with a genuine smile on his face from talking about them.

"You must really love your family." Jack replied and kept stroking Mark's hair since he was still thinking you have to lie down on his lap, not that Jack was complaining about it.

They eventually made arrangements with the police, mostly Jack doing he work, for Mark to see his 'family'. When he was told this news his eyes lit up and he thanked Jack by licking him in various places. (Not like that, pervs) Jack merely laughed at the human raised by wolves, knowing he would act this way since he used to have a dog of his own that his parents now had. They went over to the animal shelter under police precaution, Jack wasn't too happy about that since Mark was harmless but Mark didn't mind, he just wanted to see his family.

(Total number of words :2832)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
593K 13.3K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
294K 27.5K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...