His Prisoner

By Lixxyy19

Jack Morgan has been a friend of my parents for years. That is until they died when I was fifteen. Jack took... More

Prologue
His Beautiful Eyes [1]
Hormones My Arse! [2]
This Is My House [3]
The Wolf [4]
Heartbeat [5]
Panic [6]
Chase The Giant [7]
The Button Problem [8]
Strangers That Care [9]
Teaching Him A Lesson [10]
To A New Start [11]
Looking Into The Past [12]
Playful Mornings [13]
Eliot's Surprise [14]
The Drunken Truth [15]
Werewolves Are Real [16]
I Can Live With It [17]
Love And Heartbreak [18]
Author's Apologies
Revelations [19]
The Truth Hurts [20]
Getting Back To Normal [21]
You're The Wolf [22]
Girl Or Boy? [23]
The Note [24]
Where We Stand [25]
Meeting The Family [26]
Motherly Love [27]
20-Week Scan [28]
His Devastation [29]
Her Devastation [30]
I'm Leaving [31]
Jack Is Back [32]
He Has A Mate?! [33]
Missing Meredith [34]
Now A Rogue [35]
Sarah Adams In The Flesh [36]
Christmas With Family [38]
Heart To Heart [39]
For Them. [40]
Epilogue

So, This Is Carter? [37]

12.6K 447 31
By Lixxyy19

Meredith

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" 

The screeching of tires is the first thing I hear, followed by the forceful slamming of car doors and then an angry voice of a male that I do not recognise. His features are familiar as I watch him storm from the car towards Emily and Sarah. Emily has her pinned to the ground still with her knees digging into her back to keep her down and a hand around the back of her neck. Sarah gave up struggling ages ago.

"Carter!" Emily says, surprise on her face as she looks up at his angry scowl.

Oh, that's why he looks familiar. The blonde hair and blue eyes are the exact copy of his brother. Now that I really look at him, I can see the resemblance between them.  

"Move Emily." She doesn't seem to mind his rude attitude as she stands up and moves towards me.

Carter grabs onto the back of her neck and roughly pulls her up from the ground as she whimpers pathetically. I wish I could say I feel sorry for her and whatever Carter is about to do to her but I don't. She killed my baby and she deserves everything she gets. 

"What part of banished from our territory do you not fucking understand?!" He growls at her, his eyes dark and menacing. I would hate to be on his bad side.

"So, this is Carter?" I whisper to Em, rolling my eyes as she smirks happily, her eyes trained on a scared Sarah.

"Yep. Isn't he great? I hope he throttles her." I choke on my own saliva, trying to hold back my laugh. I've never seen the violent side of Em except for occasional moments of anger towards Jack but this is something else. She really hates Sarah. It's comforting really. 

"Carter. Calm down. We'll handle this properly, with a clear head, not our anger." I turn my head to see Anthony standing by the car with Eliot. 

He's not looking at me. His eyes are on his brother and Sarah, the anger clear on his face. Both his jaw and fists are clenched tight, his knuckles turning white from the force. Chase has moved to stand with Em and me. He slings both of his arms around our shoulders and I tear my eyes away from Eliot to look at Chase, smiling as he winks at me. 

"She doesn't deserve calm." Carter growls, his eyes moving to his father who gives him a look of demand. 

"Dad, she shouldn't even be here. She's obviously working with that mutt!" Eliot intervenes, backing up his brother. 

When Em asked me to call Eliot here, I thought I would feel awkward or angry being so close to him but with all that's happening right now, I only have enough energy to be angry at Sarah. Eliot wasn't the one that ran me over and killed my baby, I do know that but the argument we had before it happened is what makes me blame him too. I'm having to stop myself from looking over at him and instead concentrate on his brother and Sarah in front of me. 

"They're mates." I murmur quietly, choosing to look at Anthony instead of Eliot. I can feel everyone's gaze on me and I bite my lip nervously. 

"How do you know that?" Carter asks me, his eyes narrowed and questioning. He doesn't trust me, not that I blame him, he doesn't know me. 

"She told me." I nod over at Sarah. "She was the one sending me those notes and she was the one that hit me with Jack's car because she was jealous. She wanted to get rid of me so Jack would accept her."

It's silent for half a second before a flash of colour flies past us and a loud bang echoes off the trees. I blink at Carter who is now standing alone and then I move my eyes to the house, or specifically the wall of the house where Eliot has Sarah pinned against it, his eyes flashing in anger as he bares his teeth at her. 

Uh oh... this isn't good. 

I didn't tell Eliot I knew who hit me with the car, I only told Emily. Great, well done Meredith. Blurt out in front of your mate that this crazy bitch hit you with a car and nearly killed you. That will really go down well.

"You nearly killed her!" He roars in her face, his hand around her throat, choking her until she turns purple. 

I turn my head to Em, panic in my eyes and a pleading of desperation for her to do something. As much as I hate Sarah, he can't kill her. It's not the type of person or wolf he is, he would regret it for the rest of his life. But Em just shrugs at me helplessly. 

"Eliot, let her go before you kill her."

"Meredith almost died! She lost the baby and I nearly lost her forever." 

I press my lips together, choosing not to point out that he did lose me, just in a different sense. It will not help this situation right now. I've never seen Eliot so angry before and I know that nothing his family or friends say will calm him, only his mate can. 

"I know Eliot and as much Sarah deserves whatever you do to her, killing her isn't the answer." Anthony reasons with him, taking a step closer to them. 

Carter walks over to his brother, placing a hand on his shoulder gently. 

"El man, I know what happened with Meredith destroyed you but you can't end it like this. Killing Sarah isn't the answer. We'll lock her up and throw away the damn key but you have to let her go first."

"No. She hurt our sister and then she hurts my mate. She's not getting away with it!"

I feel Chase nudge me with his hip and I turn to him with a raised eyebrow. He gives me a pointed look and I know what he's saying. I'm the only one that can stop him from doing something he'll regret. With an exaggerated sigh, I break away from Chase and slowly walk towards them, my footsteps light and my heart pounding in my chest. 

"She's not going to El. Come on, you have-" As I step up to them, Carter turns towards me, his eyes calculating for a moment before he steps out of my way to Eliot. 

"Eliot." I whisper softly, barely two steps away from him. 

I watch his back stiffen, the muscles coiling and tightening at the sound of my voice. He doesn't turn around but I notice his grip on Sarah loosens just a little. 

"Eliot I- I know how angry you must feel. Believe me, when I figured out it was her that took my baby away-" My voice cracks with emotion and I close my eyes for a second to take a breath.

"When I saw her standing at my front door, I wanted to kill her too. The pure hot white anger that completely took me over when I saw her, nothing would have stopped me from getting revenge. But that's not who we are. We have to do this properly Eliot. I want her to get everything she deserves for all the bad she's done but killing her is too easy. She needs to suffer and I think being locked away for the rest of her life without her mate and just the memories of what she's done, that's far more painful than dying."

It's silent around us after my little speech and I hold my breath, waiting for his reaction. Moments pass and finally, he lets her go. Sarah falls to the ground with a thud, gasping for air and choking. The bruises around her neck give me little satisfaction. She's not so cocky now. 

Eliot sneers at her.

"You're lucky she's here. I would have snapped your neck and never looked back. But she's right, you should suffer as you've made us all suffer." With that, Eliot turns around and storms back to the car without a glance my way. 

"Put her in the car Carter, we'll take her back to the cells."

"Wait." I tell them as I step closer to her. 

Sarah sits up to lean against the house, glaring at me as she holds a hand to her throat. 

"Mer." Em warns from behind me. 

I crouch down in front of Sarah, a satisfied grin on my lips. 

"Remember when you called me a pathetic human and said I could never hurt you? I don't need to be a wolf to send you to hell. He'll never be your mate and I hope that hurts. You took my baby away from me but I'm taking away your freedom and the one person that completes you. All of this, you did it for nothing."

Sarah staggers to her feet using the wall behind her for support as she takes a step closer to me. I stand up as well but don't step away from her. She doesn't intimidate me. 

"I will get him back. You'll never get your baby back." She replies hoarsely. 

Without a second thought, I pull my fist back and send it straight into her face. She falls to the floor with a shrill cry, cradling her bloody nose. 

"He was never yours to get back. Enjoy hell bitch."

I turn around and walk away from her. 

"Now you can take her." I say to Carter as I walk past him. He chuckles, the surprise clear on his face.

"Yes, Ma'am. Now I can see why you were made for him." Him. He means Eliot.

I glance at the car that he's sitting in. The windows are blacked out but I know he's watching me. Maybe it's the mate bond but I can feel his eyes following me as I stand back next to Chase.

"Girl, you've got balls." Chase says as he slings his arm around my shoulders again. I roll my eyes at him as Em giggles. 

"That was amazing Mer. You should have knocked her out." Em tells me from the other side of Chase. 

"She was lucky I didn't let Eliot do his worst."

As much as her killing her would be satisfying, rotting alone in a cell without the mate she's been chasing for so many years, that's the kind of pain I want her to feel.

Then she'll know how I feel.

[ Late update, I know. I'm so sorry. I hope you like this chapter. Not many left to go. Starting to wrap everything up now. Enjoy! Vote & Comment please :) -x- ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 57 15
*Rewritten Version* After years of constant torture and pain, only one thing has kept me going- my mate. I thought when we meant, he'd be my knight i...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
2.1M 45.9K 29
"You know the stories about the alpha who rejected his mate, but she's pregnant? Yeah, I'm the daughter in one of those stories. My mom found my dad...
164K 4.8K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...