DRARRY FOR THE SOUL

By A_Regular_Person

I've been reading them long enough, time to write some shit. ONE SHOTS! I take requests! Let's get on with it... More

Voldemort?
Authors Note
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Authors Note Hahaha yeah another
idek part 1
Haha You'll Hate Me
GOOD BYE

Draco's Snake... Oh, god! Not like that!

580 25 41
By A_Regular_Person

Parsel Tongue and letters will be in italics.
Takes place in the supposed 8th year

"This stupid, bloody snake!" Draco screeched, holding it up in front of his face.

Pansy sighed, looking up from her book, "What's wrong, Malfoy?"

"It keeps hissing! It will not stop! Its like it wants to say something!"

"Would you stop shouting? You're getting odd looks."

Draco put the snake down. It curled its green tail around Draco's wrist and hissed. It looked Draco straight in the eyes and kept hissing. Draco groaned and sunk deeper into the common room couch.

"It just doesn't stop!" Draco whisper yelled, "I haven't slept ever since I got back to Hogwarts...

"Come to think of it, this only started after I got back."

"That's strange," Pansy drawled, not looking up from her book.

"What if something at Hogwarts is bothering it?" Draco pondered.

"Ask Potter."

"What? Why would I ask him, the bloody git."

"He speaks to snakes."

"Oh. Right."

_

After returning to his rooms and carefully setting his snake down, Draco composed a very, very short letter to Harry. It read,

Potter,

I need your help.

-Draco

Draco contemplated if putting his first name was too much. "He always calls me Malfoy... Maybe I shouldn't put down my first name..." Draco kept over thinking and decided to rewrite the letter, using Malfoy instead.

Draco put the first copy of the letter in the junk drawer of his mahogany desk.

Draco went up to the owlery to find a more inconspicuous owl than his that resembled an eagle.

Walking through the winding staircases out of the dungeons, Draco's mind wandered to what his snake could be saying. "It could be warning me of peril soon to come... How would a snake know that? Or it wants to bring back The Dark Lord..." Draco continued to walk, trying to escape the scary thought of the Dark Lord returning, again. The moonlight through the stained glass windows shown on his face, illuminating his pale features in shades of red and green.

Draco heard a soft sigh from in front of him. He stiffened and pulled out his wand from his back pocket.

"Who's there?" Draco asked, trying to keep his composure.

Nobody answered.

Draco tried again, "Who's there? I heard you. Come out of your hiding spot."

Nobody answered.

Draco sighed and put his wand back. He was undoubtedly tense after the war and his anxiety was through the roof.

Draco continued on his way to the owlery, thinking about the strange noise. "Must've been the wind against the windows," Draco thought, logically.

The blond aristocrat arrived at the owlery and picked out a suitable owl. A brown one, with big yellow eyes that resembled pools of gold.

Draco tied the short note to the the owls leg and told it to deliver it to Harry Potter in the morning at breakfast.

Draco went back to the dungeons and spent the rest of the night laying in bed, listening to his snake hiss.

_

The next morning at breakfast, Draco looked anxiously at the Gryffindor table. Specifically a bespectacled savior of the wizarding and muggle worlds. His green eyes darted to the Slytherin table. Straight to Draco. Draco's eyes widened at being caught staring and Harry leered at him. Draco quickly looked away, embarrassed.

The blond boy started to puck at his food, waiting for the morning post. A few painful minutes later, owls came soaring in through the ceiling. The brown owl he had picked out the night before sat on the Gryffindor table, causing quite the ruckus, and shoved its leg at the Chosen One. The bespectacled boy looked at it in surprise as it solved its leg at him once again. "I'll have to bring it a treat later." Draco thought, swallowing a small bit of egg.

The Gryffindor Golden Boy took the small parchment and read it with a look of confusion. The owl took off, making more of a commotion than it did landing. "I'll definitely have to bring it treat later." Draco thought, leaving the great hall.

_

Harry stared at the letter in confusion. "Why would Malfoy need my help?" Harry thought. The owl knocked over Ron and Hermione's goblets and a bowl of biscuits before leaving them be.
But the owl left him with an angry and damp Hermione, trying to spell herself and Ron dry. Harry looked up to find Malfoy had taken his leave.

"You get some fan mail, Harry?" Ron joked.

"No, Ronald. Just a letter from your Mother. Saying you should keep your nose out of other peoples business."

"Hilarious, mate."

Harry shoved the letter into his pocket, excusing himself from breakfast.

_

When Harry got back to his dorms, he quickly composed a letter, quite like Draco's: short.

Malfoy,

Why would I help you?

Harry groaned and crumpled up his attempt at a letter. He started over.

Malfoy,

Why would you need my help?

Harry crumpled up the page again, slightly annoyed that he couldn't write a simple letter. "He's been your nemesis for years... Why would he need my help now?" Harry thought.

Malfoy,

I will help you. Under one condition.

"What condition?" Harry asked out loud, crumpling that paper, too.

Malfoy,

I will help you. Meet me in the Astronomy Tower at 8 pm tonight.

Harry

Harry looked down at his messy scrawl, comparing it to that of Malfoy's flawless penmanship. The boy sighed, and picked up his stuff for class, taking the note with him.

_

As Harry made his way to his first class of the day, he thought about his late night encounter with Malfoy. His pale features in the moonlight were so elegant, as if they had been perfectly crafted by God himself.

His silvery hair shone bright in the colorful light. Harry had to admit, Draco looked gorgeous.

Harry had been taking a midnight stroll with his invisibility cloak. Wandering the halls to get his mind off... Things.

Harry was doing quite a fine job at clearing his mind when a rather beautiful man appeared in the corridor. All Harry could do was sigh in his glory. Then he was heard. And the beautiful man tensed up. Harry dared not to make a sound. The beautiful blond then left him after making sure no one was there.

Harry was replaying the events of that night when he ran head first into the potions classroom door and fell over. He was about to hit the ground when someone caught him. Someone tall... And blond.

"Potter. I think you just fell for me." Draco Malfoy said, setting Harry back on his feet.

"I wouldn't say that. I just fell... On you." Harry said, flustered.

"Because that's so much better." Draco drawled, "Now watch where you're going."

Harry shoved the letter into Draco's hand as he sauntered into the class room.

_

Potions went by sluggishly.

Slughorn just stood at the board, lecturing us on things we already know.

Snape was better...

Draco finally looked at the letter Harry had given him when he fell. "Salazar. That line was cheesy..." Draco thought, replaying the moment when he had caught Harry.

Malfoy,

I will help you. Meet me in the Astronomy Tower at 8 pm tonight.

Harry

"Will do, Potter."

_

Classes drug by even slower than normal because of Draco's anticipated meeting with the Chosen One. Draco thought of his annoying snake and wondered if Harry could fix it.

Draco made his way to the Slytherin common room and checked the clock above the fire place. 6:30. Hour and a half. "Might as well have some dinner." Draco thought.

At the Great Hall, Draco ate little. He was really only there to kill time. At Seven o'clock, Draco left the Great Hall and went back to his common room.

The hour passed, finally and Draco made an excuse to leave. With his pet snake in tow, he headed for the Astronomy Tower.

_

Harry waited anxiously in the tower at 7:56. "In four minutes, Draco will be here," Harry said to himself.

"Or sooner." Draco said, entering while his snake wriggled in his grip.

"Er. Hello, Malfoy. Nice snake?"

"Yeah, yeah, now what's it saying!?"

The snake started hissing rapidly at the brunette, "I sensed your presence. I have had means to find you."

"Hello, little one, what shall I call you?" Harry said in parsel tongue.

Draco stood in the doorway, listening to the hissing going on between the two.

"Draconis has named me Basilisk. But he calls me Basil."

"Interesting name," Harry said, fighting back a laugh.

"I have something very important to tell you." The snake whispered.

"What would that be?"

"He's super gay for you."

"Thought so." Harry said with a smile.

"What's it saying?"

"Oh, she just said hi."

"That can't be all! You two were talking for a fortnight!"

"Oh, yeah. Just wanted someone to talk to. I would get bored if I were the only snake in the building, too. Also, nice name. Basilisk suits a corn snake." Harry said, patting the snake on the head.

"Hey!"

"What?" Harry asked, still petting the snake.

"What did it really say?"

"Do you want the truth?"

"Yes."

"The whole, and honest truth?"

"Yes! Potter, get on with it!"

Harry walked closer to Draco and smashed their lips together. After a few very, very short seconds Harry pulled away.

"That's what it said." Harry said.

Draco looked stunned. He looked at Harry, then the snake, then back at Harry, and kissed him again.

YAY!! I FINISHED ONE! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! Okay, so I have a really weird idea that I want to do, so be prepared for the worst when the next chapter comes up! And if I eeever get reads, I will! Please vote! I'm begging you...

~love ya,
AAH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 2.3K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
781K 29K 97
𝐀 π’πŒπ€π‹π‹ 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? βͺ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ Β© π™΅π™Έπš…π™΄π™·πš‡πšπ™Άπšπ™΄π™΄πš…π™΄πš‚...
117K 2.1K 47
Alexis Piastri is Oscar Piastri's older sister. After feeling unfulfilled with her life, Alexis decides to drop everything to take a gap year and joi...
1M 32.6K 78
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...