I live with a vampire and his...

By obliviongirl14

Sequel following the first one. Kiara has been living with vampires for about year and is good friends with t... More

I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 2]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 3]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 4]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 5]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 6]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 7]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 8]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 9]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 11]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 12]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 13]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 14]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 15]

I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Book 2 Chpt 10]

16.2K 200 30
By obliviongirl14

Chapter 10 - Healing

Monique stood there waiting for me to say to come in but every part of me screamed not to let her in. Nile came over to me and opened the door the rest of the way.

"Hey Monique. What brings you here?" Nile said calm.

"I thought I'd drop by to say hi to my sister."

"Oh, she's at work with Nick right now."

"Is that so? Well why don't I come in to say hi to my little niece."

"Yeah of course."

Nile pulled me out of the way for Monique to come in. I didn't want her in this house. Not when Autumn and Nick aren't here. She could do anything to us and there would be no witnesses. She went into the living room and Jaylee got up and hugged her.

"Aunt Monique." She said excited.

"Hey Jaylee."

I glanced over at Nile and he looked as if he didn't even know what to do himself.

"I'll be right back." Nile whispered to me.

He went upstairs quietly so that Monique wouldn't hear but when she turns around she'll notice he's gone.

"How are you doing?" She asked Jaylee.

"Fine."

"Glad to hear that." Autumn turned around to me. "Where did Nile go?"

"Bathroom."

I knew she didn't believe me. I couldn't believe myself actually. I'm horrible at lying and this is the time where lying comes in handy.

"Ah, so what are you guys going to do today?"

I shrugged. "We haven't really decided."

"Today is a perfect day to spend outside."

I nodded. "Yes the weather is beautiful."

"You might want to watch out though. Have you heard about the people getting . . .?"

I nodded.

She trailed off because Jaylee was standing next to her. Monique probably didn't want to say the rest because Jaylee is so young and she doesn't really need those images in her head.

"Such a shame." She continued.

I heard a light thud from upstairs.

"Did you hear that?" Monique asked.

"Hear what?" I asked like I didn't hear it.

"I must be hearing things." The look in her eyes did not look pleasant. She was running out of patience. But what does she want? What's her goal?

Nile came back downstairs and stood next to me.

"There you are." She said.

Nile smiled. "Yeah."

"So . . . where is the other one?"

"Jordan?" Nile asked. "He just got in the shower."

"Is it alright if I wait? I'd like to say hi to him and then I'll be on my way."

This is not good. Jordan has all those scratches on him and his eyes are bloody red. She's going to suspect something.

"Yes, that would be fine."

She smiled and looked at Jaylee. When she did that I looked over at Nile. What the heck is he thinking?! Does he even know what will happen if she sees him like that?

"Would you like something to eat or drink?" Nile asked nicely.

"Oh no, I'm fine. I just had a big breakfast before I came here."

"Just let me know if you need anything. Kiara, I almost forgot you need to call Shelby before she goes off to work." He said.

Why is he bringing this up now? She's already at work and I already know I have to call her. So why is he telling me this?

I nodded. "I'll do that now." I looked over at Monique then upstairs. Going up the stairs I glanced back at Nile.

I didn't like leaving him alone down there with her. But if Jaylee is down there then nothing can happen. Jaylee would be a witness and Monique wouldn't want that. She would have to do it quietly and quickly in a private error. That's the only way.

I got upstairs and went in my room to get my phone. I flipped it up and had a text message from . . . Nile? So he didn't want me to call Shelby he wanted me to read his text. I opened it up and read it to myself.

'Under your bed is a little kit. I need you to go in Jordan's room and help him look . . . well not like he does now. There are some special things in the kit that you can give him. Just give him anything that will make him look normal. It's up to you."

I sighed to myself and deleted the text message leaving no evidence. I got on the floor and looked under my bed. Just like Nile said there was a little kit. I pulled it out and looked at the kit. It was silver and had a handle at the top. It kind of looked like a make-up kit but what would Nile be doing with this. I shrugged it off and got up. Looking in the hall I made sure no one was there I tiptoed over to Jordan's room. Jordan sat there on the bed with his hair still wet and was examining his arms. I shut the door quietly and Jordan looked up at me. His eyes were still bloody red and it made me shiver. With his white skin the way it was, it just made him look evil and exhausted.

"Let's just get this over with." He said.

I nodded and went over to the bed. I glanced over at his scratches as I opened the kit on the bed.

"So you don't remember how you got them?" I asked looking at the things that were inside.

He shook his head. "I have no remembrance of it."

There were a lot of little things in the kit. I took out a bottle that looked like cover up. It will cover his scratches a little, right?

"Hold out your arm." I said.

He did as I said and I opened the little bottle. I took my finger and put some cover up on my hand then dabbed it on his cuts. Before my eyes the cuts disappeared. It was gone? It didn't cover it up, it took it away. I looked at the bottle again.

"It's not cover up if you're wondering." Jordan said. "It's a type of medicine for vampires."

"So this is the 'special' stuff Nile was talking about."

Jordan nodded.

I put the stuff on the rest of his cuts and each disappeared healing it. I was kind of glad that it was going away, that way he wouldn't look like a total mess. I saw Jordan staring at my arm where I got bruised from him.

"Listen, sorry about last night." Jordan said.

"Mm?"

"I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry I hurt you."

"Its fine, I wasn't hurt that bad."

He shook his head. "It's not alright. I hurt you."

"Don't worry about it, okay? We have to get you downstairs."

I got some other stuff out of the kit. Eye drops?

"Here I don't know what this does."

He took the top off and put two drops in each eye. They were deffiently eye drops. When he put them in his red eyes swiftly turned back to his normal color. Jordan was back to normal. Other than the bags under his eyes, I think he was good.

"In two minutes come downstairs. We don't want to make it too obvious that we came down at the same time."

He nodded.

"I'll leave this in here for now." I closed the kit and shoved it under his bed.

I left the room without saying another word to him. When I closed the door I noticed someone standing in front of me. I gasped scared from seeing Monique standing in front of me.

"You scared me." I said to her.

"Isn't that Jordan's room?"

I looked at the door then looked back at her. "Uh yeah my phone didn't work so I thought I'd use Jordan's."

"Oh, you could have used mine." She smiled.

Noticing Nile wasn't by her I was getting a little worried. Was I wrong? Would she really kill him in front of Jaylee?

"May I take a look at his room?" She stepped forward.

"No!" I shouted nervous.

She got startled from my stern voice.

"I mean . . . no because his room is kind of a mess. I don't think he wants anyone in there."

"Now, now dear. If you saw some of my rooms in my house you wouldn't change your mind." She stepped forward again.

"I don't know you might want Jordan's permission first."

"Oh I don't think he'll mind."

This lady is getting on my nerves. Isn't it kind of rude to barge in someone else's room? I can't just yell and say no. That will basically give everything away. This is bad . . . Jordan is on the other side. What's he going to do if she comes in there?

"Come on step aside." She said smiling but in a demanding way.

"Hey uh where's Nile?" I asked changing the subject.

"Oh." She chuckled. "He's downstairs watching Jaylee."

That's not like Nile. He wouldn't just let her come upstairs knowing Jordan and I were up here. That's just not it.

"Now, step aside. I just want a peek."

I looked around hoping Nile would come upstairs to my rescue but unfortunately I'm not in fairytale world. This is the real thing. I stepped aside slowly and let Monique go in. I waited for something to happen but when I looked around the corner into Jordan's room, he was gone. Monique looked around as I did. Where did he go?

"Oh this isn't messy at all." She said after a minute standing in there.

"Really?" I asked going along with it.

"I've seen way worse." She turned around to me. Disappointment was in her eyes. She wanted him, she wanted Jordan.

I heard a door open and looked over at the bathroom. Jordan came out with a towel around his shoulders as if he just came out of the shower. Relief fell over me when I saw him.

"Hey Jordan." I said.

I glanced at Monique as I said it and her eyes glowed just a bit with hope. She came out of Jordan's room and shut the door. She smiled innocently.

"I was just taking a tour of your room. I haven't been in there."

Something screamed liar to me. Wouldn't you think she already saw it because Autumn lives here? She would have seen all the rooms by now.

Jordan smiled. "It's okay."

"I just dropped by to say hi. I was going to see Autumn but I forgot she had to work."

"Well it's a nice thing you dropped by."

"I think I should be on my way." Monique looked at me. "I'll call Autumn later." She hugged me. "See you." She went over to Jordan and gave him a hug.

I got shivers. It's just not like a vampire hunter to hug a vampire.

"See you soon." She walked downstairs and Jordan and I followed to watch her leave.

We came to the living room and Nile suddenly stood up fast. He looked kind of confused but came over to us. Monique gave Nile and Jaylee a hug too and said her goodbyes. When she left the house we all stood there silent until we could no longer hear her car. At the same time we all light a sigh of relief out.

"Where the heck were you?!" I yelled at Nile quietly so Jaylee wouldn't hear me.

"Where?"

"Upstairs. Monique went up there."

"She was?" He asked confused. "She couldn't have she was sitting on the couch the whole time . . . then ended up next to the door." He rubbed his face. "I'm so confused."

"Don't you start forgetting things too! It's already enough with him." I pointed to Jordan.

"It's not my fault." Jordan whispered.

"I think its best that we stay in today." I suggested.

"I agree." Jordan answered.

"Hey Nile, weren't you saying something about why Jordan was acting the way he was?"

Nile looked at me confused. "When did I say that?"

"Right before Monique came."

He stood there pondering for a second until he answered back. "I don't remembering saying that."

I sighed to myself. "Nothing?"

He shook his head.

"Never mind then. I guess we'll find out later."

Jordan and Nile nodded agreeing. We don't know what's going on Jordan and Nile is acting up too. If this keeps going on I'll be stuck on my own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 2.3K 23
READ THE BITE 1&2 BEFORE THIS Originally posted Dec 6, 2020(edited) You know her mother's Rain and Happi, and her family history and the battle that...
562K 11.9K 12
Injured vampire finds himself in the Silver Mansion, with only one resident, teenaged billionaire Camden Silver. When hunger turns to love only one w...
4.7K 109 13
In a sequel to Biting and Scratching, follow Julie as she lives out her final year, one that was supposed to be peaceful but that plan quickly change...
1.3K 47 27
Angie is just a regular girl around the corner. Until one night she's getting ready to meet her new neighbors. A vampire bites her and she's doesn't...