Could You Love Me

Da MTColt

My only desire would be to make it through this hell. One more year would be all it takes, to set me free. Ne... Altro

{Introduction/Cast}
Could You Love Me {I}
Could You Love Me {II}
Could You Love Me {III}
Could You Love Me {V}
Could You Love Me {VI}
Could You Love Me {VII}
Could You Love Me {VIII}
Could You Love Me {IX}
Could You Love Me {X}
Could You Love Me {XI}
Could You Love Me {XII}
Could You Love Me {XIII}
Could You Love Me {XIV}
Could You Love Me {XV}
Could You Love Me {XVI}
Could You Love Me {XVII}
Could You Love Me {XVIII}
Could You Love Me {XIX}
Could You Love Me {XX}
Could You Love Me {XXI}
Could You Love Me {XXII}
Could You Love Me {XXIII}
Could You Love Me {XXIV}
Could You Love Me {XXV}
Could You Love Me {XXVI}
Could You Love Me {XXVII}
Could You Love Me {XXVIII}
Could You Love Me {XXIX}
Could You Love Me {XXX}
Could You Love Me {XXXI}
Could You Love Me {XXXII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIV}
Could You Love Me {XXXV}
Could You Love Me {XXXVI}
Could You Love Me {XXXVII}
Could You Love Me {XXXVIII}
Could You Love Me {XXXIX}
Could You Love Me {XL}
Could You Love Me {XLI}

Could You Love Me {IV}

1.6K 38 2
Da MTColt

"If they try to pull you out, would you even go"

CHAPTER FOUR

It was Wednesday and it was raining, practically expressing my mood.

I had come to the conclusion Tuesday night that I couldn't do the chemistry project by myself, but I was too stubborn to admit I needed help.

Despite my unwillingness for help, I stood at the school doors forcing Chase to give me Axel's address so we could start the project, two nights before it was due.

"Chase, just give me the damn address." I groaned.

"Fine but when he gets mad, I'm blaming it on you." He sighed, taking my phone and typing the address in.

"See, was it that hard?" I smiled, making him roll his eyes before we both ran out of the school to the parking lot, attempting not to get soaked in the pouring rain.

I quickly got into my car, cranking on the heat in attempt to dry myself. By the time I arrived to what I hoped was Axel's place, I was still damp and about to get rained on even more.

"Great." I muttered, grabbing my book bag and running out of the car, onto the porch of a nice two story gray house.

There was a garden in the front yard and three cars, which lead me to believe Axel wasn't the only one living here.

I didn't really think gardening suited him.

I quickly squeezed the water out of my wet hair, pulling it into a high ponytail to make my presence look somewhat presentable, before knocking on the door.

The dark blue door swung open, revealing a surprised looking Axel. He was sporting a pair of gray sweatpants with a white shirt, his hair messy, which was unsurprisingly an appealing sight.

"Sorry to bother you but we were assigned a chem project on Monday. I tried to do it on my own but I couldn't and it's due F-friday." I huffed out, my teeth chattering due to the hypothermia ravaging my bones. "We could go to the library or something."

"No. You can come in." He finally spoke, catching me off guard.

"Thanks." I mumbled, stepping into the warm house.

"Axel hun, who was at the door?" I heard a soft voice question.

A tall, middle aged woman came around the corner, a bright smile on her face. She was gorgeous and similar looking to Axel, so I could only infer that that was his mother.

"Mom this is Oktober, my chemistry partner. We have a project to do." Axel said, but something was different about it.

He seemed more at ease and less asshole-ish, and it was almost tolerable.

"Hi dear, it's nice to meet you." She smiled, outstretching her hand.

"Thank you and it's nice to meet you too, Mrs Dawson." I smiled back, shaking her hand.

It almost pained me to put fourth the effort of smiling, but then again nothing was truly genuine anymore.

"Oh please, call me Tammy! And Axel where are your manners? Get this poor girl something to warm her up!" Tammy scolded, thumping Axel on the back of his head softly, making me hold back my laughter.

"Yes mom." Axel sighed, gesturing for me to follow him up the stairs.

His house wasn't how I imagined. I figured he lived in some one bedroom apartment that had stray boxers and empty beer cans covering the floors.

"You can wear this if you want." Axel spoke, throwing a black hoodie at me, once we got into his room.

He caught me off guard, which resulted in the hoodie smacking me right in the face and him chuckling.

"Thanks." I muttered, dropping my bag onto the ground and sliding the hoodie over my head.

The fuzzy cotton fabric immediately started to warm me up, reaching almost my mid thigh due to our height difference.

"So what do we have to do?" He questioned, falling backwards onto his bed.

I sat in the chair across from him, taking the project out of my bag.

Let the fun begin.

***

A knock on the door broke us both out of our unexpected hard working trance.

Axel didn't seem to have a problem doing his half of the project, which made me question whether hell was freezing over or not.

We were both half way done but there was no way we would finish in one sitting, which I couldn't say was to my dismay.

"Come in." Axel's deep voice called out.

"Hi! My name's Nina!" A little girl squealed, bouncing into the room.

I hated to admit that she was absolutely adorable.

"Hi Nina, I'm Oktober." I smiled back, watching as Axel rolled his eyes, scooping the little girl up and setting her on the bed next to him.

She giggled as he tickled her, and I had to look away. I thought it was attractive that he was caring deep, deep down inside, but I refused to gush over it.

"That's a pretty name." Nina said once she stopped her fit of giggles.

"Thank you."

Axel looked up at me, a rare happy expression on his face. "Sorry, this is my sister."

Was it weird that I sort of liked seeing him like this?

"It's fine." I assured, shoving both of our binders back into my bag.

"Mommy wanted me to tell you that dinner's ready." Nina announced, grabbing the bunny stuffed animal that she brought into the room, skipping back out the door.

"I'll go now." I said, standing from the chair.

"You could stay if you want." Axel offered, scratching the back of his neck.

I secretly pinched myself just to make sure I wasn't weirdly imagining him saying that, or dreaming.

"Really?"

He rolled his eyes, standing up from the bed. "Yes."

My mouth was obviously working faster than my brain because I immediately regretted what came out next. "Okay."

Axel nodded, leading the way downstairs.

"Oktober, I hope you don't mind honey but I set a plate out for you." Tammy smiled, setting a pan of mouth watering lasagna down on the table.

My stomach growled involuntarily and Nina looked up at me giggling, making me laugh.

"No of course not, thank you." I smiled at her, sitting down next to Nina.

"Nice to meet you Oktober." Axel's father said, smiling at me from down the table.

"You too, Mr Dawson." I smiled and he nodded.

All this smiling is starting to hurt my cheeks.

"Please, call me Eric."

During dinner I found out Nina was seven, in the second grade, and named all of her stuffed animals in alphabetical order, which was quite interesting.

I didn't feel like I was hanging out with the normal Axel. It was as though he had another side to him, a more vulnerable one. And as much as I'd deny it if anyone ever repeated it, I liked that side of him.

"I should get going." I announced, picking my bag up off the floor. "We'll finish tomorrow?"

Axel nodded, standing up from his bed. "I'll walk you out."

I followed his lead, saying bye to everyone before walking out on the porch.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said awkwardly, watching his expression.

"I guess you will." He responded, a light smirk on his face as I walked away.

What the hell was that.

***

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.7K 50 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
391K 8.2K 44
"I'm not going to hurt you." He took his hands off my waist and placed them on either side of my head. "I could never hurt you." He lowered his face...
42K 2.3K 26
A badboy needs to change his ways and stay out of trouble. Will he be able to finish high school? Read to find out
266 17 15
They say when love is real it'll find it's way. And that's how I met the love of my life. As cliche as it sounds he was my home. "I'll never stop...