Hide Away

By elciat

A long time ago, humans and humans that are part animals got along- okay, stop with that dramatic stuff. So b... More

♧Prologue♧
♧Chapter 2♧ Newcomer
♧Chapter 3♧ Murderer
♧Chapter 4♧ Punishment
♧Chapter 5♧ Team?
♧Chapter 6♧ Setting Off
♧Chapter 7♧ Home?
♧Chapter 8♧ Hunters, Hunters, and More Hunters!
♧Character Information c:♧ Part Uno (Girls/Vexarians)
♧Character Information c:♧ Part Dos (Bois/Huntahs/Hoomans)
♧Chapter 9♧ We're Screwed
♧Christmas Special!♧
♤Chapter 10♤ The Arena

♧Chapter 1♧ Vexara

30 1 4
By elciat

3rd Person's POV

It was only at least four in the morning, but the town was already lively. The people went to the market to buy some food for breakfast and some people are just getting ready for bed, due to the fact that they are nocturnal.

For the youngsters though, it's not much of a fun ride for them. Since school is starting, they groaned as they got up earlier than usual and got ready for school.

Oh, did the I, the narrator forgot to say what the people and the town is called? Oh yes, silly me. This town is called the town of Vexara. The people are called Vexarians.

For the past years, the Vexarians here lived very peacefully. Yes, sometimes there are some humans that some how find their way to Vexara, but the guards there let one person handle them, the one whom they call, The Witch. She is known to eat humans and some say that she even eats her customers.

But no, that's not what it's all about. She curses some Vexarians that have not payed their debt, she was the one who helped create the magic that surrounds the place.

Anyways, we may get to that sometime later into this story, shall we?

The started to rise as the youngsters made their way to school. In the far side of Vexara, there was a little cottage that stood there. Plants grew on the front and sides of it as it was the inly place that stood there. Inside, there was a person living there in the rubble of scrolls and some vials that have been made from the night before.

The girl yawned as she stood up from her bed, going into the bathroom to take a quick shower. After that refreshing shower, she got out and got ready for school as she wore her uniform and packed her bag that was filled with her textbooks and another bag that was specifically made to store in fragile items that contained some potions that the teachers ordered. She sighed as she looked at the scroll that contained each and every stuff that she needed when she's going home.

"Everything is set. . . Well then, I'll go now to the place that I dread the most. School, a place where people would look at me and whisper some non-sense." She groaned as she folded the paper and tucked it into the pocket of her uniform as she walked outside and looked to see if everything was okay. She locked it as she made her way to school with her bushy tail swaying a bit behind her.

Once she reached the town, some old Vexarians greeted her and the much younger ones looked at her with the mixed expression of fear and disgust as she didn't mind the stares and whispers as the old Vexarians yelled at them. She stopped in front of a fruit vender and opened her bag and grabbed a vial of pink liquid. "Here you go, Ms. Carter." She gave it to the old woman who smiled at her as her leathery hand reahed for it and grabbed it. The old woman stood up and gave her five gold coins as she thanked the girl.

She continued making her way to school as she ignored the youngsters who were whispering things about her. They know that she could hear them, they were just playing around, trying to hurt her. She just sighed as she continued walking to school, the other people were moving away from her, not wanting to be cursed.

~~~

When she got to school, she sat down on the chair that was way back into the corner. She placed her bags down to her side. She rested her chin on the palm of her hand as she looked around class, seeing everyone so cheery and talking to other Vexarians. She looked around as I examined each and every student until the bell rang. Everyone went back to their seats as the teacher went in to start the class.

"Okay, so goodmorning everyone. I do know that you know very well the rules and other things. Any-" The teacher was cut off by a student who opened the door, panting as she grasped the door frame. "Sorry that I'm late!" She managed a smile.

"I cannot always forgive you with your tardiness, Ms. Heyaru. You have done this for how many times now? Geez, change your ways and go to school earlier." She scolded the girl.

"Yes Ms. Parker." The girl hung her head as she went to find a seat. The only available seat was right next to Aika. Aika payed no attention to her as she just fixed herself and looked to the front as their teacher started the leason.

~~~

When it was lunch, Aika sat alone in the corner of the canteen as she ate her food. Everyone had at least someone to eat with.

"Hey, mind if I eat with you?" Aika looked up from her food as she saw the girl from earlier. She didn't answer as she kept eating. "I'll take that as a yes then." The girl sat down in front to her as she kept silent. After a moment of silence, the girl spoke up. "I'm Ayane Heyaru, what's yours?" She asked with a cheerful smile. Aika kept silent as some other students kept whispering things about her. Then, a girl from another table stood up and strutted her way towards them.

"Darling, you can eat with us and not with this freak here. She might end up cursing you." The other girl chuckled. Aika growled. Aika started to mumble things as the girl drew her face closer to her. "What was that, freak?" She asked.

"I said, if you don't bug off, I will turn you into a spider." She growled. "Oohh, I'm so scared." She acted. "As if you'll do it. Using your magic against other Vexarians is prohibited here." She smirked. "Watch your mouth, girly. Most of these idiots fear spiders. Some eat them. And, I can use mine due to my social status. Anymore complaints?" She raised an eyebrow as her lips curled into a smirked.

The girl backed up a bit. "How dare you?! Do you know who I am?! Do you know what my family's social status in this town?!" She snapped. "Oh I know. But are you well aware that your family has done countless of actions that can make them end up in jail if it wasn't for your status? Oh, I forgot, you just have a marble for a brain." Aika chuckled as the girl picked her up by her collar.

"Don't talk crap about my family. You are in no position to talk about them like that." The girl growled at Aika. Aika grabbed the girl's wrist as her hand ignited blue flames as her ear flickered. "I suggest that you let go of me now, or I will let you experience pain unlike any before." She said calmly. The girl hissed in pain as she smashed Aika to the wall.

Aika groaned in pain as she stood back up. The girl got ready to fight as she got into stance. Aika grabbed the nearest object that was available for fighting, which was a butter knife. The girl charged at her as Aika jumped to the side and jabbed the girl's side as the knife glowed with blue flames. The knife cut through her uniform, more like burn through it as it made a scratch. Aika stood on the table as she growled and threw the butter knife away.

The girl immidiately turned back at her and pounced as she was on top, beating her up. The students cheered on as a few watched in fear. And then, the door flew open, revealing the Headmaster and the girl's parents.

"ALICE!" Her father yelled as the girl squeaked and got off Aika. Aika turned to her side as she sat up straight and grabbed her handkerchief and wiped the blood off her face.

"M-mom! D-dad, what are you doing here?" The girl managed a nervous smile as her parents stomped their way towards her.

Her mother slapped her face. "No more excuses, we saw it and you cannot lie." Her mother said as the girl teared up. Her mother dragged her away as the Headmaster walked towards Aika who sat onto the bench, drinking a vial of a liquid that was glowing red with a hint of gold. She was starting to heal the bruises as the Headmaster looked at her.

"I am somewhere around disappointed and proud at what you did." The Headmaster said as he stared into Aika's eyes. "I know, I know. I'm not a kit anymore so you don't have to remind me anymore on what to do." She groaned. The Headmaster sighed as he ruffled Aika's hair as her ears twitched.

"You do need to contain yourself. Don't start up fights all of a sudden. Just, be a leader and keep everyone in tact." He sighed. She just shrugged it off as the bell rang, signaling for classes to start. "Go now, run to your classes." He turned to the other students. They all scurried to their classrooms as Aika stood up and looked at the girl who tried to talk to her.

"Wow, that was cool!" She exclaimed as Aika just stared at her with a blank emotion and started to walk towards class. And that was only the start of school, Aika has a lot ahead of her.

~~~

HAII MINASAN,

CRAPPY RITE? I'M SORRY >.<

I SHOULD TRY HARDER BUT IT'S GOOD ENOUGH, AM I RITE? OKI? OKI

SO SINCE THE INTERNET WAS BEING A DOUCHE, I WAS BORED SO I WROTE DIS, ANYWAYS

DAT'L BE ALL FOR NOW, SANDRA AND EMMA, JUST WAIT FOR THE CHARACTER INFO YA IMPATIENT POOPS

ANYWAYS, BAII

-Eli/Ruby

>● 1661 ●<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

617 179 78
In the beginning it said that the Creator got bored with what he had so he thought to make things in the likeness of him, his heart, and their childr...
402 53 26
'This world is sick. And we are nothing more than mere symptoms.' Over four centuries ago the sun set - and never rose again, plunging the world into...
113 2 19
I sat down next to her and cried on her. "Don't leave," was all I managed when I noticed she wasn't breathing. I didn't want to believe she just die...
812K 23.8K 56
Sora, a guy who was reading up on "That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime", had not been paying attention when he got struck by a moving truck. H...