Coming Undone

By Dakota_Jane7

His arms came around my waist, caging me in. I stared at him wide-eyed as I felt movement along my back. Came... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 4

8.5K 229 28
By Dakota_Jane7

Hello! I hope you're enjoying the book so far, please vote and comment!

The picture above is the outfit I imagine Mila is wearing ☺️

Happy Reading! -DJ

****

 I pulled up next to Paige's house texting her that I was outside and texting Ryan to let him know that I was in town and would be at Paige's whenever he got done at work. I heard a door shut and looked up to see Paige sprinting at me.

"MILA!!!!" She cried throwing open my door and pulling me out. "I missed you! How was the drive?" She asked as I grabbed my bags from the car and started pulling me to the door.

"It was fine, boring." I replied as we walked into her house. She lived with her older brother Kayden who she said wouldn't be here for the next couple of days because he was up visiting some old friends also. I walked into her living room dropping my stuff on to the couch and falling onto it as well.

"I'm hungry!" I whined in the direction Paige had gone. She looked back at me with a rude look on her face but went into her kitchen none the less to get me something. My phone pinged letting me know I had received a text, digging through my purse I finally found it noticing it was from Ryan.

*Hey babe! Good to hear that you made it home safe! I'm at the office currently but I plan on seeing you tonight still, I'll pick you up tonight at 8!*

I sent back a quick text letting him know that I would be ready and I was excited.

"So, what's the plan for this weekend? Is it full of Ryan or do I get to see you at least?" Paige laughed as she handed me something to eat and a drink as well. I laughed at her shaking my head as I replied letting her know about my plan for the weekend that yes, I will be hanging out with her. I continued telling her that Ryan had said that he was offered extra hours and of course he took it. She rolled her eyes at me because her opinion was in line with that of Jay and Cam also, but thankfully she didn't say anything. I think she knew I was still sensitive from the argument we all had the other day. She'd agreed with what the two said and she left it alone after I'd asked her too because I really didn't feel like talking about it again. I could see where they were coming from, and maybe if it were someone else I'd be in agreement, but this was my life and they didn't know the full scope of our relationship. 

 I walked into the kitchen to throw away my plate and grabbed my bag on the way back into the living room taking my stuff into Kayden's room where I was going to be staying for the weekend although I'm pretty sure that I would wind up in her bed anyways. I also texted Jonathan and Cameron back telling them that Paige said hi, they knew I had gotten here safe since they checked in on my location. 

Paige and I caught up about everything, talking about her job and how my semester ended. Eventually it was time to start getting ready for my date. Paige helped me with my makeup and hair curling it softly and leaving it down. I put on some light makeup and swiped on a bright red lipstick, my signature color, and then pulled on a cute bra and panty set. After putting on my dress I fluffed out my hair and put on my red high heels. I did look good, if I say so myself. 

"Damnnn girl!!" Paige said as she saw me step out of the room, I laughed and did a little twirl. "You look good! I might have to borrow that dress jus sayin," she winked at me. 

"Well hopefully it works it's magic, because ya girl is tryin to get laid." my stomach tightening in anticipation. I'd always had a healthy appetite with sex, but a girl could only do so much alone. I smiled in self-satisfaction as I looked in the mirror. I had wide hips, childbearing hips my mother called them over the course of the years that she'd attempted to get me to "diet them away." I struggled with my self-esteem for years, but I felt good in this outfit. Sexy. I hope Ryan would think the same. 

"What Mr. Vanilla stopped putting out?" Paige said stuffing some pizza in her mouth. "Girl, he's so vanilla that the Pillsbury dough boy is suing him." 

"Oh my god! You did not!" I tried to suppress the laughter bubbling up my throat. I shouldn't laugh at that; Ryan would be so upset if he knew what she'd said... but it was true. He was definitely a one trick pony. Paige was still giggling over her joke when my phone rang. I checked the time on the clock hanging in the hallway seeing it was 15 minutes before 8, I figured it was Ryan telling me he was here either that or on the way at least. He always preferred arriving early to places, he always got super fidgety if we were late anywhere. 

"Hey baby! I'm already ready, are you outside?" I said in the way of answering, grabbing my purse as Paige blew me a kiss and wiggling her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes shaking my head at the dork. I stepped out the door, coming up short when I didn't see a car in the drive. 

"So, uh..." He started. A pit opened in my stomach, swallowing the butterflies that were there moments before. "I can't make it tonight." He coughed, sniffing as he did. I heard the sounds of men talking in the background before he moved somewhere quieter. "We got stalled in this one part, and we're going to be here really late." He at least had the decency to sound regretful. 

My throat tightened making it hard to talk. "Mila, you there? I'm really sorry babe." I blinked fast so I didn't ruin my makeup. If I came back in crying, Paige would have half a mind to call him back and cuss him out. 

I cleared my throat before speaking, trying to calm the buzzing in my brain. "Yea, I'm here." Even I could hear the sadness evident in my voice. "But... this night was really important to me. It's been a month since we've seen each other, and I thought... I really thought you'd make time for me this time." My fingers trembled where I clutched my purse. I took a seat on the patio chair, looking up. Embarrassment colored my features, here I was sticking up for someone who literally couldn't make time for me. 

"Ok, and I understand that, but I said I was sorry. What more do you want from me?" My anger flared hot. 

"Um how about some compassion?" I threw out. 

"Excuse me?" He snapped. 

"You're excused." I fired back. "You know what's so funny?" I laughed without humor. "I have to defend our relationship to everyone. Saying oh you're not that bad, or oh he's just really stressed, but it's bullshit. You literally don't care about me or my feelings." 

"Mila." He ground out. "You're acting like a child, throwing a tantrum over not getting her way! Do you understand the amount of stress that I'm under?! And you're what letting your friends talk shit about me? That's rich coming from someone who's supposed to love me." He hissed at me, my head dropping as I picked at peeling paint on the chair. 

"I do love you, but you do this to me all the time!" My brows furrowed as I heard his dismissive snort. 

"If you actually cared for me, you would be more understanding of what I'm going through." contempt dripped off his words. 

"I do!" my voice cracked. 

"You have a funny way of showing it." he retorted. I heard an exasperated sigh escape him. I could just imagine him standing there, pinching the bridge of his nose. Like he did when we would fight. It was silent for several moments, before he said. "Baby, I really am sorry. You know I'd love nothing more than to see you, but I HAVE to do this. It's for us remember? Can you please just not fight me on this. I am so tired today." He sighed again. My shoulders dropped, a flare of shame crept up my neck. He did sound tired... 

"I'm sorry you're tired..." 

"Thank you," he said. The ice in his tone melting. "It's just been crazy over here."

I laid my head back on the window, my posture relaxing. Paige came out then, her brow creased in concern and surprise. I gave her a flat smile back, with a small shake of my head. I heard someone calling his name, and he answered them back that he was coming. "I gotta go babe. I don't deserve how good you are to me." He said, hanging up before I could respond. 

"You wanna talk about it?" Paige asked quietly. I wrapped my arms around myself, feeling small. I cleared my throat, pasting a smile that felt fake to even me. 

"He got stuck at work," I shrugged briefly meeting her eyes.

Her face screwed up like she'd sucked a lemon, but she mercifully didn't comment. We sat for several minutes just watching the sun sink down. "Well," she clapped her hands standing up. "Much as I love sitting here, get up. We're going out." She nodded her head to herself. Grabbing my hands and pulling me into the house. 

"Paige, I really don't-"

"Listen, you can sit here feeling sad for yourself because you got stood up AGAIN," she said pointedly, "OR we can take our hot asses and go to the bar and get drunk." She steered into her bathroom pulling out compacts to get herself ready. 

"You don't drink," I said, loving her for trying to cheer me up. 

"Exactly, which means you can get as drunk as you want and not have to worry about driving!" She said matter of factly, tossing me a smile over her shoulder. She brought me a drink later on not telling me what was in it, but based on the taste it was tequila and a splash of a mixer. I laughed, coughing, but drank it none the less. I needed to unwind. She blasted some music and started getting ready. 

____

"I'm about to die!" I yelled over the music. She held my arm pulling me out of the throng of people piled on the dance floor. She found a table tucked away in the corner, depositing me on the chair before grabbing one from a nearby chair and sitting herself down. I watched people on the dancefloor, living their lives. They didn't get stood up on tonight, I thought bitterly. With the alcohol coursing through me, I was back to being angry. Speaking of being angry, I thought grabbing my phone from where I sat my purse down. While getting ready, I had been downing drinks and a really fun song came on. I might have started dancing, shaking my ass at Paige as she cracked up videoing me. And that video might have gone on the socials... but fuck it. I'll deal with those consequences later; I had drunk enough to not care. 

I opened my phone and sure enough missed texts and missed calls from Ryan. I caught sight of one of the messages while skimming, "dancing like a whore." I scoffed, skipping his message that's a problem for sober Mila. I opened up the groupchat between me, Cameron, and Jonathan seeing that Paige had sent them the video personally because of course she did. 

*Before you both ask, our girl got stood up tonight. But don't worry, mama Paige has supplied her with lots of tequila and she is living her best life! We're going to the bar's tonight, and I am going to get her super drunk to make her forget assface, but I got her. And yes, we'll be safe. No, of course I won't be drinking. Yes, I'm going to be the only one getting our drinks. No, I won't let strange men feel her up. Or anything else you two could say. Enjoy the video and be supportive!*

*I want to thumb down and laugh at that message. Thank you for taking care of her, when we aren't there.*  That one came from Jonathan. 

*What a dick! Man fuck him.*  That was Cameron. 

That's where the messages ended. 

*Surprised there was no messages about my dancing.* The response was immediate. 

*Didn't think it was appropriate to talk about your ass when Paige had the phone* Jonathan sent back with a wink face. 

*Lol I was talking about dancing not my ass," 

*Same thing, right?* 

*It's because I couldn't stop watching it long enough to form a sentence* Cameron chimed in. I snorted a laugh, shaking my head. 

*Yea ok,* I sent back with the laughing crying face. Paige had left to grab me another drink and herself some more water. Thankfully she knew these bartenders and didn't have to wait long. She sat back down the drinks pushing my rum and sprite to me along with a water. 

"Here, drink some water as well, so you don't die." I took it from her, making a point to drink all the water in one go. "What are the guys saying?" 

"How do you know I'm texting them?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

She shrugged, "you're smiling." 

"I smile when I text Ryan." 

"mhmm," she said. I chose not to respond, because I knew I smiled when I texted him. 

"Anyways... I'm laughing because Cameron said he couldn't stop watching the video long enough to say anything. By the way, thanks so much for sending that to them." I said sarcastically. 

She had a self-satisfied grin on her face, "they were gonna see it on instagram, figured they'd like their own copy too," she put the straw of her water between her lips and took a drink. "You're welcome. They needed to see that ass in motion." She wiggled her eyebrows at me. 

"Lord, I can't stand you." 

"Good thing you're sitting down then huh," 

I laughed loudly cut off guard. "You're dumb!" I grabbed a piece of ice and playfully threw it at her. "Besides I've told you this, they do not like me like that." 

"Ok miss, "Cameron said he couldn't stop watching," she said in a high-pitched tone mocking me, "they definitely don't like you." 

"He was just kidding! They fuck with me all the time like that!" I picked up my drink and coughed at the alcohol. "Is there any sprite in this? Holy shit!" 

"Girl, I wish they fucked with you," she emphasized the word with.  Gah I couldn't deal with her. "You can't seriously tell me you've NEVER thought about it?!" 

"Thought about what?!" 

"Don't be dumb. Having sex with BOTH of them," 

"SHHHHH!" I drunkenly shouted at her when I noticed heads turning our way. 

"Oh screw them, they wish they were having as much fun as us." Paige stared back at some of them making them uncomfortable enough to turn back around. 

"But no, I haven't. I don't even know how that works." 

"Well one dick goes in your pu-" 

"SHUT UP!" I dissolved into a fit of giggles, embarrassment causing my cheeks to turn red hot. Damn my face, I couldn't ever get away with anything it always lit up like a freaking tomato.

"Well, you said you didn't know how it worked," she shrugged amusement swimming in her eyes. 

"That's not what I meant you dick," I snorted. My phone pinged next to me Ryan's name lighting up. 

"Speaking of dick," She muttered, "what did he have to say about your video, because I know he said something."

I sighed, rubbing my hands down my arms. "Not sure, I haven't opened anything. I'm mad again." 

"You should be mad, he sucks." 

"You two used to be friends," I said. She rolled her eyes setting her water back on the table. 

"Well, that was before I found out he sucked." 

I opened his message just to get my phone to stop chiming at me. 

*Guess you two are still out. I am here at Paige's I WAS going to surprise you, but not going to wait around for you to get home when you're probably way to drunk because you never know how to say no when Paige is involved. Hope you have so much fun. Goodnight.* 

"What'd he say?" Paige demanded noticing my crestfallen expression. She reached for my phone but I pulled it away before she could. 

"Nothing just that he hopes we have fun," I said dropping my phone back in my purse and snapping it closed. That pit was back in my stomach, I was angry and sad, and just really didn't want to feel anything anymore. I knocked back the rest of my drink, pulled Paige back out on the dancefloor and got a drink anytime I needed to numb it back down. 

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 99 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
381K 11.9K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
103K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...