eternity | harry potter ✓

By sereinally

・‥━━━☆ ❝ silly girl, your different was your beautiful all along . ❞ [ gif by evieskenobi ] [ cover by... More

ETERNITY
EPIGRAPH
I. THE BEGINNING
II. DIAGON ALLEY
III. THE SORTING HAT
IV. THE GOLDEN TRIO
V. FELIX FELICIS
VI. WEASLEY SAVIOUR
VII. THE MIRROR OF ERISED
VIII. GRANDMASTER PLAN
IX. BREAKIN' THE RULES
XI. THE ELIXR OF LIFE
XII. THE RESCUE
XIII. COLD HEARTED
XIV. AN UNUSUAL ROUTE
XV. HISTORY REPEATS
XVI. THE DUELING CLUB
XVII. POETRY AND DIARIES
XVIII. A BLAST FROM THE PAST
XIX. BONDING EXPERIENCE
XX. HEAD IN THE THUNDER
XXI. ANOTHER YEAR GONE BY
XXII. THE LEAKY CAULDRON
XXIII. A DEMENTORS DEMEANOUR
XXIV. SPITE OF A SLYTHERIN
XXV. POTIONS AND PENSIEVES
XXVI. TRUE OWNERS ORIGINS
XXVII. CLOSING THE BOOK

X. OLD FRIENDSHIPS

6.6K 482 357
By sereinally

CHAPTER NUMBER TEN:
— what you hear isn't always true
( unexpected discoveries )

A FEW DAYS had passed by rather rapidly, as I was now patiently waiting for the Hogwarts Express to arrive, along with many other students who were eager to see their friends.

I noticed Elphias was standing amongst a rather large crowd of Slytherins. He was busily chatting away with a female student whom I didn't know. Her bleach blonde hair ran down to her mid back, and her piercing blue eyes were focused on the train tracks in the far distance.

Before I could gather my thoughts together, I heard a rather clamoring sound coming from the west side of the tracks. I cocked my head to the side, and saw none other than the Hogwarts Express; I could already tell that the insides of the train were cluttered with enthusiastic students.

Once the train had come to a stop, students began departing; some giddily running up to their friends and exchanging group hugs. I reached onto my tip-toes, hoping to spot Miles and Lisa, as I assumed they'd be in the company of one another, but the only person I managed to find was Draco Malfoy, accompanied by Crabbe and Goyle. Great, he was back.

My thoughts instantly trailed away from Malfoy when I caught sight of Lisa and Miles. A cheesy grin made its way onto my face, as I began scurrying towards them.

"Emmalina!" I heard Lisa shout, and before I knew it, her arms were wrapped tightly around my shoulders. Miles struggled to keep up with her as she ran towards me.

"I've missed you guys!" I said whilst happily hugging Lisa. We disconnected as I made my way over to Miles to repeat the same process.

I was so glad to see them both again.

"We've missed you too!" Lisa replied cheerily. "I received your owl when I got home by the way." Miles nodded, indicating that the same had happened to him.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." I apologized. The two looked at each other, then back at me. "I became rather preoccupied." I scratched my head firmly.

"Don't worry about it my darling." Miles reassured me. I smiled at the grey eyed boy, of whom I was lucky to have as a friend. After this, we began happily chatting and catching up on some overdue conversation, as we made our way back into the castle.

* * *

"Miles," Lisa began asking as she was scanning the newspaper in front of her. "You wouldn't happen to know who Rita Skeeter is, would you?" He looked up from his current book, rolling those clouded eyes of his.

"That nightmare of a women would just so happen to be my mother." He sighed. "The poisoned pen writer for the Daily Prophet."

"Oh." She replied plainly. "What's with all the eye rolling anyway? Don't you two get along?" Miles glanced up from his book, groaning.

"Don't even get me started on her, Lisa." He began to explain in a serious tone. "She's a horrible woman. She doesn't care, anything for a story, and anyone will do." He groaned.

"I understand," I added to their conversation. "She provides false information to the Daily Prophet." Miles nodded and returned to his book. Lisa and I decided that it would be best to drop the subject before he became agitated.

"How can you speak of your own mother so poorly?" An unfamiliar voice added. We turned around and were greeted by the same blonde haired girl from the platform. She was accompanied by Draco and Elphias, along with another plump girl I didn't know.

"Mind keeping out of our conversation, Daphne?" Miles scoffed dryly; her and the others sniggered in an almost sarcastic manner.

"I just couldn't help myself from eavesdropping." She replied. "As soon as your mother was mentioned, of course." The girl then glanced over in my direction. "Ahh, and you must be Emmalina Crow; Draco's told me all about you." Malfoy glared at me, marginally raising his left eyebrow.

"Oh how rude of me." She continued. "I'm Daphne Greengrass, it's an honest pleasure." She sneered. "Of course Miles, we go back quite a few years."

  "Unfortunately." He huffed, still fixated on his book.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Lisa asked rather bewildered; I couldn't help but feel the exact same way. This was the only time I had ever had an encounter with this girl.

"Of course we do stupid, both of our mothers work together for the Daily Prophet, duh." Lisa narrowed her eyes at Daphne's insult, but before she could defend herself, the bell began ringing alarmingly around the Great Hall. Miles arose from his seat, almost instantly, seemingly eager to get to his first class of the terms beginning.

"Lovely talking to you Miles, next time you see your mother, let her know I was asking about her." She herself then arose from her seat, and strode out of the hall, followed up by Draco, Elphias and a girl named Millicent Bulstrode.

"In all my life, I've never met someone so arrogant." Lisa admitted, shaking her head in disbelief, whilst I nodded mine in agreement. Miles, however, was nowhere to be seen. Lisa and I looked at each other and sighed, before we silently made our way to first period, Divination.

* * *

After a few months, exam period had arrived, and with each longing day that passed, the library became a lot more cluttered with students. Whilst Lisa and Miles were preoccupied with another class, I was busy studying with the trio of Gryffindors. Harry, Ron and I were copying down notes from one another, while Hermione seemed to be searching for something in-particular on one of the shelves.

None of us had noticed her, as she came back with an enormous book tightly in her grasp. "I had you looking in the wrong section; how could I have been so stupid." She then suddenly slammed the book down in front of us, causing a rather large thud to echo around the library. She then took a seat opposite us.

"Come again?" Ron said, shooting her a petrifying look as she frantically skipped over each page. Harry was still unable to allow words to escape his mouth, whilst I was quietly giggling to myself.

"Here it is." She whispered dramatically. "Nicolas Flamel is the only known owner of the Philosopher's Stone!" However, Hermione didn't receive quite the reaction she was expecting.

"The what?" Harry and Ron exclaimed in synch. I made my way over to Hermione's side of the table, so I was able to take a closer look at the book.

"Honestly, don't you two read? Look — read that there." Hermione pushed the book towards the two bewildered boys, so that they themselves could take a closer glance.

The book read — the Philosopher's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.

"That's what Fluffy's guarding under the trap door, that's what Snape wants!" Hermione said, gesturing wildly towards the book.

"A stone that stops you from dying!" I whispered almost a little too loudly. "No wonder Snape wants it, anyone would." Ron began drumming his fingertips on the table, and Harry looked as though he was deep in thought.

"There's only one thing left to do now," Harry said, finally speaking his thoughts aloud. The three of us looked at him, anticipating for him to finish his sentence.

"We go down the trap door, tonight."

* * *

A few hours later, I was heading back to my own common room, accompanied by Harry, Ron, and Hermione, as curfew was fast approaching. "Please be careful tonight." I pleaded. "There could be anything hidden underneath that trap door."

"Don't worry, we will," Hermione reassured me. "won't we boys?" She began eyeing up the two, who were both completely oblivious to our conversation.

Ron looked at Hermione and I. "Oh yeah yeah sure." He said unknowingly. He nudged Harry's shoulder to grab his attention; he nodded quickly.

"Good," I replied. "see you all in the morning, stay safe!" And with that, I waved goodbye to the three Gryffindors and made my way up to Ravenclaw Tower; I was still a tad anxious regarding the safety of the three of them.

Once I'd entered, I quickly scurried up to my dormitory. I hastily changed out of my robes and into my pajamas and hopped into bed. I lay wide awake for a short while, unable to get the thought of the trio of Gryffindors out of my head.

* * *

  The following morning, I was awoken by the sound of giddy gossiping and mild giggles. I slowly opened my eyes and happened to notice Lisa chatting to a girl named Maria Glossop. They seemed to be discussing matters such as Quidditch, and the many nooks and crannies of Hogwarts. I sat up and greeted the two, before changing into my robes and walking down to the common room.

   Whilst walking through the common room, I was greeted by many Ravenclaws such as Terry Boot and Penelope Clearwater, I walked out, and began heading to the Great Hall for a light breakfast. As I did so, I strolled passed the Hospital Wing and noticed Harry sitting silently in one of the many single beds. I instantly panicked and barged through the large double doors.

"Oh Harry, please tell me you're okay!" I exclaimed worriedly. He set down one of the many cards he had received onto the table beside his bed.

   "Yeah, just got a pounding headache." He replied drowsily. "You?"

  "I'm fine," I replied. "did you stop Snape from stealing the stone?"

Harry sighed. "It wasn't Snape who was trying to steal it, it was Professor Quirrell."

I gasped unintentionally. "Quirrell?" I exclaimed. "How? I don't understand." I lightly scratched my cheekbone. "I never would've guessed it was him behind it all."

"Me neither." Harry admitted. "But he didn't want the stone for himself. "He wanted the stone for Voldemort. With it, he would come back again."

     "Oh, good Merlin." I shook my head; I decided to change the topic of discussion. "So uh, when are you able to leave here? The end of term banquet is about to start I hear."

     "Whenever Madame Pomfery returns I assume, she doesn't know I'm awake yet." He answered. "Thanks by the way, for helping us, we couldn't have done it without your help." He then praised me, smiling warmly.

"Happy to help Harry," I said smiling back. "but I'm sure Hermione and Ron have been just as much of a help as I have." We both chuckled.

"Well, there goes our first year at Hogwarts."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 11.3K 52
𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑 | ❝ you don't need a filter to get me to like you. ❞ [ texting/social media au ] [ draco x female oc ] - lowercase intended! (except fo...
11.5K 522 16
❝Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Charlus Potter, a Slytherin and Half-blood, falls in love wi...
48.5K 980 34
"love is heavy and light, bright and dark, hot and cold, sick and healthy, asleep and awake - its everything except what it is" theodore not x fem...
223K 8.4K 49
❝You are the most aggravating person that I've ever met in my entire life!❞ ❝Bloody hell! How many times are you gonna say that?❞ In which she aligns...