She's On The Hunt - (Book 2 o...

By lilly-rain

Eva and Saxon are finally a mated couple but nothing is ever simple for them. Instead of settling down and do... More

Chapter 1 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 2 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 3 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 4 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 5 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 6 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 7 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 8 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 9 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 10 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 11 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 12 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 13 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 14 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 15 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 16 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 17 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 18 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 19 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 20 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 21 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 22 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 23 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 24 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 25 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 26 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 27 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 28 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 29 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 30 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 31 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 32 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 33 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 34 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 35 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 36 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 37 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 38 - She's On The Hunt
Chapter 39 - She's On The Hunt
Epilogue - She's On The Hunt

Chapter 40 - She's On The Hunt

181K 3.4K 496
By lilly-rain

Last Chapter peeps, and then the epilogue – so enjoy =)

Also, while you all wait for the final part, you should go check out Boner's wall, she has written some poetry about Saxon and Eva which cracked me up so bad, she's very good at it =) They can be found in her work titled 'some poems'.

You can either find her on my profile page under the name of @HalfxBloodxSkull or I will try and attach the link on the side.

ALSO this is 11 pages on word, so it should be a long one....so no complaining about the length lol

~ ~ Chapter Forty ~ ~

Falling to the side and landing on the ground as I got my breath back. Saxon’s dangerously tall figure loomed over top of me as I tried to offer him a smile, but my lungs were burning desperately for air again and it caused me too much pain - not to mention my back that had taken a wicked hit from something.

‘What the heck were you doing? You could have died! And what did Chris think he was doing jumping out a window with you! Are you both insanely stupid!’ Saxon’s voice roared through my mind as he growled above me, pacing back and forth a little bit to released some built up anger.

Groaning loudly as my lungs stopped burning as much, I rolled over onto my side and stared at the blades of grass brushing against my cheek, “Oh just shut up – can’t you see I’m injured here?” I snapped, not appreciating his one sided yelling match at all.

‘Man up Eva, if you can jump out a three storey building window, you can survive a few scratches,’ he snapped back, watching the area all around us which was surprisingly quiet.

“Are you serious right now?” I grunted as I pushed myself up onto my knees and then slowly rose to my feet, groaning and stretching my body out, “You’re meant to be concerned for my safety and well being, not holding a grudge about a jump I just did.”

‘Will you use the mind link, or do you want a horde of feral wolves hot on our butts right now?’ Saxon demanded and I pulled a face as I mimicked him silently.

‘Whatever,’ I grumbled as I looked back up at the building, thick smoke was wafting out the large hole in the side of the it and debris was scattered all over the grassed area on this side of the school.

Grinning to myself a little, 'I did a good job, huh?' I asked as I looked over at Saxon, who just shook his head and growled lowly at me.

Huffing loudly as I once again looked up at the damage I had caused, I had to say that I was pretty darn proud of myself right about now. I never did like this school and I'm fairly certain that this amount of damage would have it shut down for a good while.

Plus, I deserve a break from all the hard studying I have been doing recently.

'Get in wolf form already Eva, you can't run fast enough in human form,' Saxon grunted, still pacing back and forth as his guard stayed up and more than alert.

'Who said I'm running anywhere?' I asked with a roll of my eyes, but did as he said anyway. He had a valid point in one way - for starters, I can't fight a wolf as well as what I can when I'm in human form. 

I'm just going to have to figure out some other way to stay in contact with my brothers and Chris, they all knew my howl, my bark, my whine by now, so that would just have to do for the time being.

'I did, you're not staying here and fighting,' Saxon growled angrily, and I ignored him for a moment as heat rushed through my body and I willed the change forward. I allowed my inner wolf to step up to the plate and be in control of our body long enough for her to change.

The aches and pains in my body didn't vanish simply because I had changed form, no, they had hurt like crazy, but were now dying down a lot quicker.

Looking over at Saxon through newly shaped eyes, I snorted loudly, 'I'm staying.'

'No you're not Eva!' he snapped back instantly, growling at me and I tilted my head a little to the side - did he honestly think I was going to listen to him right now? When my own flesh and blood brothers could be here by now as well? Did he really have rocks for a brain or something? Because anyone who truly knew me would know there is no way in heck I would leave my family while they fight something like this.

Heck, I don't even like them fighting small tiny battles unless I'm by their side to make sure they are all okay.

'I'm not leaving, not while my brothers are here,' I snapped back, hoping to drive my point home among that pile of rocks in his head.

'You're not their Mum Eva, so stop acting like it!' he roared furiously through our mind link and the shock of what he had just said sank in, but within seconds I was glaring angrily back at him.

'Don’t do this Saxon! Not now, it's not going to work! I’m not leaving and you can’t make me,' I growled with warning in my tone. He could try and start a fight all he wanted, but I wasn't going to storm off because I was angry and annoyed with him.

'Why are you so damn stubborn all the time?' he shouted with frustration and I looked back at him since I had started to walk away.

Smiling brightly on the inside, 'I love you too. Now come along, we have us a big bad wolf to catch before he eats little red riding hood and we all don't want that to happen,' I chuckled and he shook his head at me.

'Fine, but you stay within my eye sight at all times. The rest of my pack will be here any minute now,' Saxon mumbled as he walked towards me, reaching me in no time and pressed the side of his face against mine, rubbing against my fur in a tenderly way, 'I love you too Eva, more than you realise.'

'Enough with the sappy romantic crap, let's go fight some bad guys,' I moaned as I rolled my eyes, smirking a little as Saxon growled, but didn't bother to respond with words.

Then we both walked silently side by side, as we moved towards the far end of the building, and I could only hope and pray that nothing bad would happen tonight. Pray that no one I loved would no longer be with us come sunrise, and just pray that everything will be okay despite the nightmare I had about this fight.

The sound of snarling, teeth snapping, skin tearing and pain filled howls reached my ears long before the scene did, and the sounds had only hurried our pace up tremendously as we were both eager to get there and defend our packs - well, I wanted to defend the Thorn pack, which will always be my pack in my eyes.

Rounding the corner, a small whimper escaped my mouth at the carnage scene before my eyes. Wolves were everywhere, clearly outnumbering my family as they fought hard to stand their ground. Their backs all to one another’s as they stood in a wide circle, not allowing anyone to get in the middle to do any cheap shots.

It made pride swell in my heart at how much my family actually works like a family at times, and none of this each to their own business - especially when they each clearly need their backs being watched in this moment.

Before I could think about what I was doing, I was running as fast as I could push myself, jumping over and dodging furry bodies and sharp teeth as I made a bee line for my family, eager to join the circle and help them as much as I possibly could right now.

Saxon was hot on my heels, taking down anyone that got way too close to me for his comfort - which I have to admit, one wolf got too close for mine. I felt his teeth graze through the fur just above my right shoulder, and I would hate to think how that tiny insignificant inch would have made the world of difference right about now.

 Dad and Harper each moved at the same time, allowing a clear pass for Saxon and I to get through, and then I was quick on the ball to spin around and jump into place between the two of them while Saxon was somewhere behind me joined up in the circle.

A filthy grey wolf tried to launch a bluff shot by launching forward a little, and then springing forward even further in a proper attack, but I wasn't born yesterday. My brothers do bluff shots all the time. I intercepted his attack by going for his underbelly with one of my paws, scratching in deep to his soft skin under there, and he let out a yelp of pain before jumping back and letting another try a shot at us.

Dad permanently took down three wolves alone while I was beside him, Harper injured one severely, but took no lives and I was about even with him on that one. As much as I was furious and angry, and wanted to protect my family, I didn't have it in me to physically and knowingly take the life of another.

If push came to shove, I knew I would though. 

It's either them or me and I sure as heck want to live for a heck of a lot longer still.

'You okay?' Saxon's voice filled my mind and flooded my sense, his worry clear as day to me.

I wasn't sure how long had passed, but I knew this constant standing our ground while wolf after wolf came at me was getting tiresome, I was even getting a little bored. Apart from now and then when a wolf would get way to close, once or twice a few have even nipped me, but nothing serious yet.

'Yeah, I'm fine,' I grunted as I took another swipe at some dark wolf trying to bite my front leg with its discoloured teeth.

Howls erupted in the background, but they didn't belong to the feral wolves, they belonged to Saxon's pack. I could feel their presence through my mind link with Saxon and relief flooded me.

'About time,' Saxon grunted, saying exactly what I had just been thinking. I didn't know how much longer we could have held these wolfs off like this for.

Lefty’s group – I refuse to call them a pack, because they act nothing like one, they all started spreading out further from me and my family, trying to defend their own backs now as Saxon’s pack came barrelling in with full force, Vance leading the way.

‘He would make a good leader you know,’ I mumbled absentmindedly as I tackled a smaller wolf running past, knocking it down to the ground and twisting it’s back leg. I didn’t break any bones, but it was going to be limping for a little bit now.

As I bolted through the crowds of wolves, trying to help anyone when I could, a familiar scent hint my nose, but it didn’t belong to someone I cared about. Looking all around, my eyes met one of the main people responsible for this – Troy Dallas.

He was in wolf form and trying to make a run for it, trying to sneak away into the darkness like the little sewer rat he truly is. I don’t quite understand why he set us up like this, and I don’t care. He just needed to be taught a lesson or two.

So I chased him down.

Troy had just slipped around the corner of the building, and I was hot on his trail as I slammed into some feral wolf, bowling him over in the process as I kept on running. My only focus was on not letting Troy get away; so I never noticed the wolf that I had bowled over with such brute force, get back up again...and chase me.

Snarling and the sound of snapping teeth had my head turning back to look right behind me as the wolf came running at me like a train out of control, but directly behind him was my own personal hurricane out of control and he beats the train hands down.

Saxon lunged onto the back of the wolf with one giant leap, bit straight into his back, and I turned away instantly; not wanting to see the gory details of it all, and quickly scanned the area as I continued running. Saxon didn’t need my help right now, I think his own fury was more than enough to help him come out on top of that one.

It was over for that wolf before it even began and I glanced back at Saxon as he rose to his full height, with the limp body lying still on the ground underneath him.

'Snazzy fighting moves you got there,' I teased, before turning around and searching for Troy. I found his figure slowly blending in with the pitch black shadows of the tall brick wall surrounding the school, and without another word to Saxon, I was off and chasing that bugger down once again.

'I'm sure you can handle him,' Saxon grunted and with one quick look over my shoulder, I saw him standing tall against four wolves approaching him with predatory steps, but Vance was quick to back Saxon up as he came up behind the four.

Picking up my speed to catch up with Troy and stop him from escaping this havoc he had helped bring down on us, a feral wolf jumped out from the shadows and went directly for my throat, but a tall man in human form was quick to bowl the wolf away from me.

He looked over at me for a split second and offered a polite smile, “Eva,” he tipped his head a little and ran at the wolf again, bursting into his own wolf form as he growled furiously.

Shock covered my features as I watched Jack Nelson fighting the other wolf, but I quickly shook my head to clear my mind. I couldn’t afford any more distractions right now.

Running up past Troy and doubling back to block his path of escape, I let out a low and warning growl, causing him to stop short in his steps and bare his teeth back at me – telling me to get out of his way. Slowly shaking my head as I stood my ground, I wished I could curse and insult him with words right now, but that wasn’t possible.

Troy wasn’t playing games right now, I saw it in his eyes as he leapt at me – right now it was him or me, and I jumped to the side, clawing at his ribs as he flew past me in the air, snapping his teeth in the direction of my face. His hot breath fanned my nostrils, his sickening scent infiltrating my mind for a split second, which was enough for him to turn back and bowl into my side, knocking me over in the process.

Kicking at his underbelly with my hind legs, I snapped my teeth furiously and snarled as we battled it out. Rolling over one another as we each fought to have the dominance of this fight. Troy used the thick trunk of a tree to push himself at me, but I dodged his attack and collided into the brick wall.

Shaking my head to regain my senses, I used the wall to my advantage and half ran up it, spinning around when I had reached high enough and double backed as I swung down to land on his lower back, pulling him down to the ground as he spun around and bit into my right shoulder.

A loud yelp escaped my mouth and before I knew what was happening, Troy had been ripped out from underneath me, and swung with full force against the brick wall. A large wolf was quick to jump on top of him and the tearing of fur and meat filled my ears as I slowly rose back to my feet, panting a little from the brief but face paced fight I had just endured.

My shoulder was throbbing with agony, but I could already feel the powers within me slowly mending my broken skin and muscles. Dad finally pulled away from Troy and turned back to face me, joining my side in less than a second as he nuzzled into my neck gently and affectionately.

Whining softly to let him know I was okay, we took off running. This fight hadn’t ended yet, so the time to relax would come later. I didn’t give Troy’s lifeless form another thought as we bolted back around the building, but I did feel bad he had died.

However, he made his bed and he had to lay in it now.

Dad and I reached the beginning of the mass amount of fighting wolves, I couldn’t see Saxon through the midst of it all, but I could sense he was alive and uninjured – well, not entirely, but it wasn’t anything critical or anything that would put him in danger.

A loud feminine whine had both our heads snapping in the direction it had came from, and my immediate thought was Emily, but then I realised there is nothing on this planet that could ever have Travis bringing her to something like this – pregnant or not, he would have left her somewhere safe.

Searching through the fast moving flashes of dirty and stringy fur, I saw her. At first I wasn’t too sure who ‘her’ exactly was, but I knew she was familiar and she smelled of Saxon’s pack – my pack. Opening my mind to her, I reached out for a name and my eyes widened when I realised whom it was.

Tarsha.

Just in that moment, one of the wolves lunged at her already injured body and grabbed into her throat with its disgusting teeth, tearing away a good portion of fur and meat and leaving a bloody mess behind. Tarsha instantly fell to the ground, and before I even realised what I was doing, my teeth were sinking into the back of the wolf who had delivered the most fatal blow.

Tossing him aside as if he weighed nothing, I came to a skid by Tarsha’s limp form and bowed my head down to nudge her nose, hoping she would open her eyes. Her breathing was faint and shallow, and she was losing blood quicker than she was healing right now.

We may be able to self-heal rapidly, but we’re not immortal, and if a wound is too deep or too fatal, we can’t bring our bodies back from that.

I was vaguely aware of Dad attacking the wolves behind me, protecting me and keeping me safe from harm. So I knew I could throw caution to the wind as I dropped to my belly on the ground and gently rested my head on top of Tarsha’s, letting her know I was here.

‘Eva?’ she called out weakly, so weak that I almost missed her voice inside my mind. It was strange, almost foreign to have her voice in my head. It would take some getting used to on my part, but I also knew I couldn’t block the pack forever.

‘Yeah, I’m here,’ I mumbled back, not knowing what else to really say right now as I heard her struggling to breathe.

‘Kill them all,’ she whispered with such fire and passion that I didn’t realise she had stopped breathing. Lifting my head up of hers and staring down at her closed eyes, anger boiled up inside of me. It was one thing to see some of the feral wolves die, but another to see one of our own.

Standing up on all fours, I felt power surging through my body and I threw my head back, raising my muzzle up to the dark sky and howled long and loudly. All fighting ceased for the moment, and I felt all eyes on me and when I finished and lowered my head, I glared furiously into the eyes of our enemies.

Opening my mind link to the entire pack, ‘Game on,’ I growled and lunged at the closest wolf to me that didn’t fit in around here. I knew my family didn’t need to hear my words to understand, they could read me like an open book at times, and this just happened to be one of those times.

Everything was a blur of fur, teeth, loud snarling, dripping saliva, blood spray, whines of pain and the tearing of flesh, but during it all, there was always someone fighting alongside me. I know it had to do with their protectiveness over my safety, and I let it go. Not really wanting to be left alone, in case I was caught up in a bad situation.

Every time we were broken up for one reason or another, someone else was quick to have my back. Right now, I had Darren fighting alongside me, and he was vicious. Remind me to never get on his bad side, like ever.

Glancing to my left, I noticed a fallen wolf, which didn’t seem to fit in with anyone really, but I still started to make a move to go check on him or her. ‘It’s Jack,’ Saxon’s voice flooded my mind and I paused in my direction, but dodge an attacking wolf.

‘He needs help Sax,’ I argued back, snapping my teeth at the same wolf coming back for seconds.

A wolf whistle sounded in my head and I growled back at Saxon as he chuckled loudly, ‘Not my fault you look hot fighting,’ he defended himself and I fought the urge to roll my eyes at the idiot.

‘Jack needs help,’ I grunted back and I knocked the wolf to the ground, but not without a scratch, he had managed to dig his claws in a little and tear through my fur. Darren quickly leapt on top of the feral wolf; finishing the job off. He had picked up already that I didn’t like to actually take a life unless it was absolutely necessary.

‘He’s gone Eva,’ Saxon replied, his joking tone completely gone and I paused in shock for a moment, before asking how. Saxon grunted as he fought against a wolf, ‘Grug.’

Slowly the number of enemies began to trickle down, but it was costing us. Not many lives had been lost, but plenty had been severely injured and had to run away or be carried away, so they could heal without being attacked in their weak conditions.

A rough nudge to my shoulder caught my attention and I snapped my head in Darren’s direction, he looked at for a split second before nodding his head in the direction of the school gates and my eyes widened when I noticed two familiar wolves dodging through the more spread out fights happening there.

Grug and Lefty.

Without a second though, I chased after Darren who was hell bent on taking them down, and I had to agree with him on this one. Chris and Saxon quickly joined us as we ran past them, whether Chris knew what we were doing or not was something else. I told Saxon through our minds who was trying to escape the battle with their tail between their legs, and this spurred him on faster as he left us behind.

Me, well I was quite content to run in the middle of Chris and Darren. Until I saw Brody cornered up against the wall by three oversized ferals. My paws skidded in the grass as I turned on the spot, digging up chunks of earth in my desperate attempt to get to him.

As I barrelled through bodies getting in my way and aimed head first for the closest of the three who were surrounding him, someone else leapt in front of my brother and attacked with full force at all three wolves. Bringing myself to a rapid stop as I watched Alana tear into the wolves with such raw anger, her possessiveness over Brody screamed out loud and clear with her actions.

Within next to no time she was left standing there, her fur stained with fresh liquid and three bodies laid at her feet. Alana’s breathing was heavy as she fought to calm herself down, but then Brody growled furiously at her and I didn’t need to hear his voice to know he was ticked off about her appearing here and saving his butt.

Dad and Stevie came running over towards me, knocking wolves out of their way as they did and all three of us went after Saxon, Chris and Darren.

Running out onto the road, my eyes widened at the smaller battle going on, but it was so much more vicious than what was happening inside the school grounds. It is almost as if everyone was tired of fighting and went to extremes to finish this off so they could leave.

A wolfs body went flying over top of my head, whining in pain before it slammed into the bitumen road with so much force it cracked the surface. Watching the wolf as it struggled to breathe, let alone get back up, I recognised whom it was, as four of Saxon’s top fighters leaped on top of the body as a raging pile and finished the job off.

Looking away from one of my personal enemies, I knew I hated him, but still.

‘Grug is out now,’ I told Saxon through our mind as I ran through the fighting mess searching for him, following his scent and froze when I found him.

He was facing with Lefty, both of their heads lowered and their bodies in the attack positions as they growled furiously. Saxon’s teeth were snapping wildly and his tail hung low, he honestly looked like a wild animal right now – and that slightly scared me.

‘Saxon?’ I asked softly, not wanting to distract him too much as my blood pounded through my ears, deafening my hearing from the outside world. My breathing became shallow and I became frightened as flashbacks of my nightmare once again assaulted my mind.

Lefty sprung forward, going for Saxon’s throat before I even had time to contemplate on the fact I was bolting forward, ‘Vance!’ I screamed out in my moment of panic, just wanting and needing Saxon to be out of danger. Even though at the back of my mind I knew he was perfectly capable of defending himself, but all I could picture was my nightmare.

‘On it!’ he growled back, and I heard his throaty growls from the side of me as we both ran forwards.

Saxon lunged for Lefty’s underbelly, but Lefty managed to swat at his muzzle with brute force and set him back a step. This started a chain reaction of hit for hit, bite for bite and just as Lefty went to have another go at Saxon, I ran head first into his ribcage, hearing the sickening snap of a rib or two as I sent him sliding sideways along the road.

Pain erupted from my tail seconds before my entire body was pulled back, and I growled viciously and spun around to see some feral with his filthy teeth sunk into my tail, dragging me away from his so-called Alpha. Pulling free and ignoring the sharp stinging sensation where fur and flesh had been scraped away, I lunged at him, sending my front paws knocking into his face as my teeth snapped at the side of his head.

He went to latch onto me again, but before he got too close, Darren came swooping in and rolled along the ground, taking the feral wolf away with him. I didn’t get time to think much of this as another wolf lunged at me, and Chris was quick to jump in and fight by my side as we held our ground.

One after the other my family and Saxon’s pack joined us, all fighting the ferals back and surrounding Lefty and Saxon, circling them so they were in the middle of our tight knit formation. I felt myself relax slightly, knowing we were finally more on top of this situation than what Lefty’s side was, and well, with him surrounded by so many of our people, he was downright screwed.

The ferals weren’t giving up quite so easily though, they were trying to draw us out individually to tear us apart. Some fell for it, but after that, no one else did. I found myself face to face with a wolf towering over top of me, Chris on one side was snarling and biting at his own wolf, and Darren who was on the other side of me was doing the same.

The wolf kept leaping forward, causing me to jump back each time as he slowly made his way into the formation. I snapped at his front legs, trying to get a good grip on him, but he was too fast for me and I only ended up with a mouthful of skinned fur.

My eyes were trained solely on him that I never noticed what was happening behind me until it was too late. I felt an immediate sharp sensation in my neck seconds before I felt his presence and smelt his scent. Lefty’s jaws wrapping around my throat, but before he could get a deep enough or fatal enough grip on me – he was sent flying backwards in a mess of snarling, teeth snapping and a frenzy of fur.

With shock I looked to Chris, but he was standing right alongside me still and both our heads snapped back to the wolf who had intervened, but before I noticed who it was, Vance spoke up, ‘Darren.’

I shot Vance an annoyed look as us three stood there watching  for a moment, before the battle dragged us back in once again. After injuring the first four wolves, I stopped counting and stopped paying attention as my mind focused on one thing and one thing only – attacking.

My inner wolf was pulling herself to the front and trying to push me on the back burner, I refused to let her gain full control since the last time that happened it didn’t end well. I was so caught up in the zone that the howls belonging to my family almost slipped past my attention, but I quickly snapped my head to the side and glimpsed Dad surging through the dwindling crowd.

Chasing after him immediately, I searched for Saxon, but couldn’t find him immediately, ‘What’s happened?’ I all but screamed at him, thinking the worse had happened to one of my brothers and a feeling of dread washed through me.

‘Stay back!’ he instantly shouted back, but if there was a time I definitely was not going to listen to him – it was now. I kept on running after Dad, too blind with fear to pay attention to where I was going, that I never noticed Lefty jump out from the shadows of a group of wolves, not until he had landed on my back, knocking me to the ground.

His disgusting breath was hot on the side of my face, sending sickening shudders of repulse through my body as I growled furiously at him. His teeth snapping dangerously close to my face and with every ounce of strength I had left in my body, I pushed up from the ground and threw him backwards.

Lefty was quick to get on his feet as I snarled with venom in his direction, he was in my way right now, he was stopping me from helping whichever member of my family was injured and I was not in the mood for it.

Running head first at him, I saw his eyes widen in shock for a split second before I collided the top of my head with his chest, ramming him up and off the ground again as he clawed at my back and sides, doing anything to stop me.

Dropping him back on the ground, I watched with fury in my eyes as he slowly climbed back up to his feet, his body was aching all over – I could see it in the way his limbs didn’t move so swiftly and easily now, and I smirked at him.

Not giving him enough time to get his footing, I lunged at him, sinking my teeth deep into his flesh and tearing out a good portion of meat as I sprung away, spitting his foul taste out of my mouth as he whined loudly in pain. Spinning around on wobbly legs, he glared with pure hatred at me, and I smirked again.

‘That’s my girl, teach him who he can’t mess with,’ Saxon’s voice filled my mind with pride, and I rolled my eyes back at him.

Here I was attacking his number one enemy, and he was just standing back and watching, ‘Don’t you want the satisfaction of finishing him off?’

Saxon chuckled deeply, ‘I’ve played with him for long enough now, he’s all yours Eva – he’s put you through quite a bit now too.’

‘Let me have a go at him!’ Vance growled furiously as I knocked Lefty’s back legs out from underneath him, then stepped away and watched Vance approaching from behind.

Staring Lefty in the eyes as he regained his balance again, this didn’t feel like a fair fight. He was already a goner; his body just hadn’t accepted it yet. ‘He’s all yours Vance,’ I muttered and walked away, ignoring the sounds of Lefty’s pain filled howls and Vance’s deadly snarling.

Finding my family was easy and getting to them was even easier since I noticed pretty much Lefty’s entire pack had vanished or were lying still on the ground. They must have realised they lost. Many of Saxon’s top fighters were running around, trying to find any hiding enemies, and if they did – they were taken care of quickly.

Slowing down as I walked up to my family, I noticed everyone was standing around someone, but Travis and my heart broke instantly. Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought of my older brother and pushed through between Grant and Brody. Lowering my eyes to look down at Travis, confusion swept across my face as I realised it was in fact Darren.

‘What happened?’ I asked Saxon as he came and stood alongside me, his body radiating power and anger still, even though the battle was pretty much over.

‘Lefty,’ and then he nudged me forwards towards my cousin I barely knew, ‘Comfort him, he is injured because he protected you before.’

My heart hammered furiously in my chest and I couldn’t name the emotion inside of me if I had tried, my cousin was going to die because of me.

‘I’m going to do a sweep and see if we know any of the deceased, okay? Just call out if you need me Eva,’ Saxon spoke again as he stepped back while I stepped forward. I nodded slightly letting him know I had heard him and then dropped to my belly alongside Darren, wishing I could speak to him right now, but I couldn’t

I whined softly, nuzzling into his face and letting him know through actions how sorry I was, how much I wished this wasn’t happening, and that I love him. If only we had been given more time to get to know him, I’m sure we would have gotten along well. He seemed like a good person.

“Eva, the pack doctor is here now,” Grant spoke up, brushing his fingers through my fur and gaining my attention. Lifting my head up from Darren I looked up and recognised Saxon’s pack doctor, and slowly I moved away letting him to my cousin.

My family each hugged me as I walked past and I hugged them back as much as  could before looking around in confusion, still unable to find Travis.

Dad chuckled lightly, but it wasn’t a very humorous one, “He ran to be with Emily as soon as the danger was over – he is so whipped.”

Smiling at what my Dad had just said, those words sounded odd coming from him, but I was glad everyone was safe and well...for the most part.

“Come on Eva, let’s go home. There’s no need to be here still,” Saxon walked up behind me in human form, and I laid my giant head against his side and he wrapped one arm around me lovingly.

“Was there anyone else we knew?” Grant asked as we all started walking down the road, and away from the school. I knew Saxon would come back once I was back home safe to clean the mess up and cover up everything that had gone on here tonight, and normally I would have insisted helping, but I felt so drained now.

“A few familiar faces, but I don’t know their names...and Peter, Troy’s right hand man,” Saxon replied, staring straight ahead of us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169 2 19
When a witchy werewolf turns out to be an alpha's mate will they be able to love each other for who they are or will love fail this time? Theo is a w...
14.3K 647 65
"I, Alpha Dylan Langley, Alpha of the waterside pack Reject you, Esme West pack member of waterside west to be my mate and Luna" On Esme's 18th birth...
23.3K 863 10
Nunew is born by both beta parent, he have been sure about being presented as a beta as well but things turn up to be unexpectedly and him being pres...
917K 14.7K 40
Alexia wanted a mate, but what happens when her Mate doesn't want her. Every year, The Red-Moon pack would host a Party, for the unmated wolves. Litt...