Just Friends (Woody McClain a...

By AsiaJanea17

The title is pretty self explanatory, Simone & Woody have been best friends for a very long time ever since t... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
My thoughts
Author's Note
Seventeen
Eighteen
I Got A Story to Tell
Twenty
Twenty One
You Deserve Better
Twenty-Two
Twenty-three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Author's Note

Nineteen

1.4K 52 13
By AsiaJanea17

Simone
Earlier today I told Woody good what time momma wanted us over there and here it is 5:45 and he taking his precious time to come out of the house and he know we have to go on the other side of town and traffic is heavy.

I blowed the horn three times signaling for him to come out & he still hasn't came out yet.

I would like to leave today Woody 😒
-5:46

After I sent that message still no sign of Woody but his dumb ass read it though.

I called his phone and he answered on the fourth ring.

"Hello."

"Can you speed up the process please we do have somewhere to go."

He smacked his lips and mumbled a whatever and came out the house.

"What?"

"What took you so long?"

"Man look you wanted me in the car so I'm in the car can we go now."

I looked at him for a minute and shook my head as I started the car and got on the road.

This little beef/argument that him & my dad have going on needs to be dead asap because I will not be taking any disrespect from him.

~
Lucky for us it wasn't any heavy traffic and we were able to make it to my parents house just in time.

"Woody." I grabbed his wrist before he could get out.

"Can you please promise me to be on your best behavior and not act up if he does say something to you?"

Woody looked at me then looked straight ahead giving me the opposite of what I wanted to hear.

"Woody! Promise me."

He shook his head and licked his lips.

"I can't make any promises if I don't know what the outcome or my actions will be."

I sighed and leaned my head back on the headrest.

"Lord father God please keep my father's & my boyfriend's mouth closed this evening so they won't say anything out of the way to each other and ruin this dinner for all of us. In Jesus name I deeply & strongly pray Amen."

I prayed out loud and then walked towards the house.

"Hey baby." My mom walked up and gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Hey momma what you got cooking in here."

"Is that all you & that big head boyfriend of yours can think about. Soon as he came in he asked the same thing and had the audacity to come in the kitchen and look into my pots. Are those folks on that campus feeding y'all because every time y'all see me y'all hungry."

I chuckled at my mom as I sat down at the kitchen table.

"Yes ma'am we at school and we just miss your cooking that's all. You know that's all we ate when we were growing up, you & mama Sherrie's cooking."

"Mhmm I know."

"Why you got more plates & things set out when it's just six of us?"

"Because I have some more guests that will be joining us."

"Who?"

"You'll see when they get here nosy. Now unless you're going to help me finish up I advise you to go out in that backyard with your siblings & boyfriend until it's time for dinner."

"I'm already ahead of you ma." I replied making us both laugh.

I love my momma and I love helping her cook but when it comes to these dinners, cook-outs & the holidays momma being doing way too much.

If I'm already making one dish she'll tell me to make something else and when I do it she'll question it forgetting that she told me to do this. So when she's cooking I try to stay out of her as much as possible.

I walked over towards the bench where my little sister was sitting at while she watched Woody, Keon & two other boys play basketball.

"Hey Des."

"Hey Si. Where you was?"

"In the kitchen talking to mom and trying to sneak some food until she caught me." We both laughed.

"Who are those boys playing with Ke & Wood?"

"Eric & Tony."

"Ayeee I haven't seen Eric in a while that was my little-wait a minute did you say Eric and Tony?"

"Yes Si I did and chill before you make a scene." Destiny said smoothing out her sundress and then crossing her legs.

"You really like this boy don't you?"

"Si nooo I told you we are just friends."

"Girl bye you probably can shoot that stuff to momma, daddy and even Keon big headed self but not me okay. Trust me I know when a friendship starts to become more, I was in your same shoes now like at me, dating the biggest goof ball on earth who was also and still is my best friend." I smiled while looking at him.

"Were you scared when you admitted your feelings to him?" Destiny asked as she played with the end of her dress.

I started to answer her but I saw the guys walking towards us so I quickly told her we'll talk later.

"Now y'all know the reason we all came over here was because mama said we were going to have dinner now look at y'all y'all all sweaty and stuff."

"Shut up. You always talking." Keon swung his shirt at her making her jump a little.

"Don't try to show out cause you know I'll put you on your backside in a minute."

"I'll put you on yours so leave that boy alone." Woody said as he laid on my lap.

"I wasn't talking to you I was talking to my brother."

"But I was talking to you though." He replied looking up at me.

"Boom I guess he told you." Keon said making all of us laugh.

"Shut up."

We all got up and went inside of the house so we could eat & so the guys could take showers and put on new clothes.

When we walked in momma shook her head as the guys went upstairs.

"Now I know I told them boys good we was having dinner tonight which means don't play too hard & don't sweat and guess what they do anyway." She shook her head and turned over the last piece of hot water cornbread.

"Y'all must got some more bathrooms added upstairs?"

"Yeah ya daddy & uncle Charles did it a couple weeks ago."

"Well hello divas the queen has arrived."

I looked up and saw my aunt Sabrina, my mom's baby sister, & her daughter Isabella (6).

"Hey aunt Brina, how you doing?"

"I'm doing wonderful darling and look at you all grown up and look fierce just like auntie Sabrina." She laughed, "how is college treating you?"

"It's good, I'm in my junior year now."

"Really?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Well girl it won't be long before you marching across that stage. What's your major?"

"Theater arts."

"Now wait a minute now what happened to you wanting to become a registered nurse?"

"Now auntie that was the goal and that was something I wanted to do but you & I both know I can't stand pain and if I can't stand a needle being stuck in me how in the world can I stick a needle in someone else."

"I can't argue with you about that. Well baby it don't matter what you do long as you making your money, it's something you want to do & its legal."

"And it is."

The guys all came down in fresh clothes about to sit down in the living room until auntie Sabrina stopped them.

"Now babies I don't know y'all two so y'all good but uh big head nephew & lil Omar y'all better act like y'all see me & come acknowledge me as much as y'all used to come over my house and eat up all of my food soon as I got paid."

Woody & Keon laughed and came over and gave her a hug.

"How y'all doing?"

"Good."

"That's good. Now who are y'all two?" She said to Eric & Tony.

"Oh auntie that's Eric right there you know my homie since fifth grade and beside him is Tony a lil associate of mine and Destiny's boy-"

"And Destiny's friend that is a guy." Des interrupted him and gave him a glare making him chuckle with the guys.

"You know I have so many friend girls so I decided to have a friend guy."

"Well baby there's nothing wrong with that most girls keep up trouble anyway it's good to have at least one guy friend."

"Hey everybody."

We all looked towards the dining room and saw my father and aunt Sabrina's son, Devon coming through the door.

"Hey daddy."

"Hey princess." He said kissing my cheek and giving me a hug.

After he hugged me I saw him glare at Woody as he looked down at his phone. Lord I hope & pray this dinner goes well.

"Hey D."

"Wassup Sisi."

After we all greeted each other it was time for dinner to get started.

"Aunt Sabrina you wanna go wake Isabella up?"

"Nah baby let her sleep she'll wake up when she gets ready. Her little butt stayed up last night watching Blue's Clues so she needs all the rest she can get."

"Yes ma'am."

Momma prayed over the food and then afterwards we all fixed our plates and had small conversation.

"So Eric it's been a while since I saw y'all, you got them lil girlies falling down to their knees when they see you?"

"Yeah they're trying to get with me but you know I only got eyes for you. You always gon' be my lil baybeh."

"Bro you been doing this for years give it up she's not checking for you."

"Man Ke you of all people should know the love I have for Simone is real and it'll never fade away." He replied looking at me and blowing me kisses until Woody cock blocked and leaned in front of me.

Eric has been having this little crush on me ever since I used to watch him & my brother when I was a freshman in high school.

I remember I was on the phone with Bianca and we saw Chris Brown's Excuse Me Miss video on 106 & park and we were both talking bout how cute he was and all that good stuff.

Keon & Eric came in the living room telling me they were hungry and when the video got towards the ending when he was dancing Eric was like "oh I can do that and do it better than him." So to make him feel good I clapped and did a little scream and called him my little boyfriend and ever since then he has not let this crush go.

"Daddy you good?"

"Yes I'm fine sweetie I just wish your mother would've told me who all was coming to dinner than maybe I could've-"

"Frank." My mother said sternly giving him a look and in return he stared back at her and ate his food.

"So Tony are you friends with Keon & how did you meet my niece?"

"Yes ma'am Keon is the big bro I've never had since the only siblings I have are females and I was the new kid at school and Destiny helped me ou-"

"I don't like you."

"E-excuse me sir?"

"No not you Tony I'm talking bout that big head no good son of a gun on the other side of you."

"Daddy! Frank!" My mom & I both said at the same time as he held his finger up at us about to speak until Woody beat him to the punch.

He sat his fork down & dabbed his mouth.

"Out of respect for your daughter, wife, family, your house and you I'm not going to disrespect you sir. You see I was always told no matter what to always respect my elders no matter what age you are, what they say or do always respect them. I've been doing that ever since I was a kid and I will continue to do that now that I'm 22. I know you may be a little upset about the incident between me & your daught-"

"Oh little? Upset? Son those aren't even the words to describe how I feel about you." Dad chuckled and then raised up in his seat.

"To tell you the truth I've never liked you and I never will. I always thought you were a bad influence on my daughter or thought you would break her heart." He chuckled once again, "and you proved me right son. You proved me right."

Woody licked his lips and nodded his head and then leaned over and kissed my temple and backed his chair back.

"Woody what-"

"Momma Denise thank you for the lovely meal it was delicious as always. I would love to stay for more but I think it'll be best if I just go. I'll see y'all next time."

"What? No Woody you are not going anywhere. You are family, okay?"

"Momma if uncle Frank said the boy needs to go he needs to go. Uncle Frank & aunt Denise don't need no drug dealing gangster wanna be dude up in their house."

My dad nodded his head about to agree with Devon until he realized what he said.

"Wait what did you see Devon?"

"You heard me right unc. Word around campus is that he has a trap house, he's selling drugs, stealing and killing. They even say he's the reason why Jeremiah was in the hospital."

"Okay you need to shut up you have no idea what you're talking about." I exclaimed.

"I know exactly what I'm talking about miss thang. It's all over campus and in the streets. Instead of having your head so far up his ass how bout you listen to them and maybe you'll know."

"What's the name that they call you in the streets? Is it Slim or is it rawdog?" He asked Woody as soon as he was in front of him.

"Word of advice playboy when you don't know the full story from beginning to end and the reason behind it don't speak on it."

"You see that unk he didn't deny it so you know it must be true." Devon laughed

"Damn Si you left Jeremiah for this Tupac thug life wanna be ass nigxa. Damnnnn sis you gots to do better."

"Devon! Have a seat & zip it." Aunt Sabrina told him.

"You looking like you wanna do some, what you wanna do pimp? C'mon."

Devon continuously pushed him & egged him until Woody just snapped and fought him. I'm talking bout real deal fighting, punching, tackling on the floor knocking things over, kicking. It was just a complete disaster.

Tony and Eric held Woody back as aunt Sabrina and Keon held Devon back.

Devon was still talking while Woody was trying to get to him and my father was in the kitchen doorway with a smirk on his face.

Aunt Sabrina gripped Devon and dragged him to one of the back rooms and Woody snatched away from the guys and walked out the door.

"Woody wait-"

"Simone Taylor Jackson don't you dare go after him."

I looked towards my father and went out the door anyway.

When I went outside I saw Jerome's car going down the road which means he must have called J to come pick him up.

I shook my head and got in my car so I could head home.

I texted Destiny and told her I was gone home.

After she texted me back I put my phone in the cup holder and shook my head as I backed out of my parents driveway.

This was definitely the opposite of what we wanted it to be.

~
Omniscient
"So baby where's that dessert you mentioned earlier?" Frank rubbed his hands together and smiled.

"You guys why don't y'all go into the kitchen and cut a piece of that cake that's in there and then go into the theater room or either Ke or Destiny's room and cut a small piece for Isabella she may want some."

The teens did as they were told and went upstairs. Once they were up there Denise stared at her husband with an intense glare.

"So you gon' stare at me all night or you gon' fix me a piece of cake?"

"The way I'm feeling right now if I get up and get it I will do you like Ike did Tina & like Brandy did Darnell."

"So you gon' smash the cake into my face?" He questioned followed by a laugh.

"Before you & Devon got in here did y'all plan this?"

"How am I gon' plan something when I didn't know he was here in the first place."

"I'm talking about BEFORE YOU WALKED IN THE LIVING ROOM FRANK."

"Why are you yelling?"

"Because you act like you can't comprehend. We have know this boy damn near his whole life, you've took him on fishing trips, took him to the basketball court, when his father couldn't make to so of his games you were there front & center. And now you pick today to come up with come bull crap lie saying you've never liked him. THAT BOY HASN'T DONE A THING TO YOU!!"

"HE DID SOMETHING TO MY DAUGHTER!"

"AND THEY WORKED IT OUT, SHE FORGAVE HIM AND NOW THEY'RE DATING!" Denise got up from her seat about to walk away until she stopped herself.

"You know what this hatred you have towards him has nothing to do with their incident this is something way bigger than that. Ever since they came home for Christmas break your attitude has changed towards him. And I don't know what it is but it needs to change back because that baby has done nothing to you or this family."

She pointed her finger at him and then left out.

"DEVON!" She yelled out towards him and in response her sister yelled back so they both can deal with him.

••••
*whistles and looks around*
-Soooo that was some family dinner, huh?

-As always let me know what you think and vote

-I was too lazy to find pictures but:
aunt Sabrina-Niecy Nash
Destiny-Ryan Destiny
Denise-Kelita Smith
Frank-Clifton Powell
Keon-Shameik Moore
Eric-Trevor Jackson
Tony- I don't know his real name but dude that played Tracy on One on One
Isabella-young Bryanna aka baby girl off of Bernie Mac
Devon-dude that played Aaron on Moesha I can't think of his name either lol
I noticed I didn't give you characters of the others so I'll try to do that next chapter or chapter after

-Excuse ANY mistakes on here

-Oh and also Jerome is played Splack

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 3.9K 35
โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจเญงหš where two bestfriends have always been in denial about their feelings but will it come to the light?
59 5 11
A group of teens spend most of their summer together every year, but this summer is different. Somehow, there's trouble in their paradise. will their...
288 11 4
Two childhood friends, who kept getting close year by year. Eventually one fall in love, but life didn't supported them and they fall apart. The love...
4.8K 103 23
two old friends rekindle online. what will happen next?