New Game New Rules

By tiaaaa11

Player's Game | Book II | #wattys2020 Tiana Cross and Andrew Harvey have now graduated from High School set... More

New Game. New Rules
1 - New Life. New Beginning
2 - Long Day?
3 - Thinking
4 - The Ride
5 - Same. But Different
6 - Happy, Yet Nervous
7 - Warning Bells
8 - Falling
9 - Set Him Straight
10 - Almost Home
11 - Hearing Things
12 - A Chance
14 - Reunited
15 - Guest?
16 - Games
17 - Play the Game
18 - Play Along
19 - Breathless
20 - Playing
21 - Talking
22 - Safe
23 - Smile
24 - Trust Me?
25 - Found
26 - Regrets
27 - Shouldn't Say
28 - Snatched
29 - Hidden Secrets
30 - I Dare You.
31 - For You
32 - Shame and Smiles
33 - Staling
34 - Never Happened
35 - Close
36 - Let That Slid
37 - According to Plan
38 - Take You
39 - Fight for You
40 - Deserve Nothing
41 - Saved
42 - Sentimental Decisions
43 - Happy Chances
44 - Closure
Epilogue

13 - Family Reunion

12.1K 452 349
By tiaaaa11

- - -

Tia's perspective:

"Do you need me to knock for you again?" Nickola asked smirking. I shoot him a challenging look and knock on the door with such force and determination, Nickola raised his eyebrows and put up his hand in surrender stepping back as if he were blown away. I smirk at him with such confidence and shrug carelessly, Nickola laughed and stood next to me when suddenly the door swatted open reviling my mother with wide eyes and a massive grin on her face.

Her lips parted with surprise and so does mine, her blue eyes glittered with sudden tears pricking in them and instantly a tear rolls down my cheek as I look at her up and down as if I'm seeing her for the very first time in my life. Nothing and I mean nothing about my mother has even changed, I'm so surprised to see her so healthy, still so happy and so god danm beautiful. I chuckle as tears roll down my cheek, Mama does the same. I remember when I was little I was so excited to see Mama and Tato (dad) back from their business trip that I would jump up and down in excitement.

Now I do it again, this time I jump to the moon and back. I jump up and down flinging my arms around my mother. "Sonce moje!" (my sunshine) Mama cries, I realise a sob and squeeze her tighter where she only mirrors my actions "I miss you so much" I cry. Mama laughed and pulled away taking a look at me she pulls away and takes hold my hands looking me up and down with amazement. "Lele kolku si porasnata!"
(Look how grown up you are) She says breathlessly.

I chuckle looking behind me to see Nickola with a warming smile. I laugh softly pulling away from my mother's grip and take Nickola's hand pulling him inside. "Mama, this is my boyfriend, Nickola. Nickola this is my mum Maya" I smiled up at him to see his eyes wide and a parted mouth, he blinks a few times and shakes his head shifting his attention to Mama.  "It's nice to meet you Ma'am"

Mama was about to say something when I see Tato and Andre coming in from the back yard; I shirk with joy and they both snap their heads towards us and both of their eyes widen, Andre was the first to react he ran towards me and I did the same suddenly we were both on the floor in each other's embrace; "I fucking missed you!" Andre says. I hug him tight and laugh in his chest as the tears streamed down my cheeks "I missed you too dickhead"

After two years I' am reunited with my twin; since we have been kids we have been inseparable, so glued together that it took bribing to separate us apart. In our life time we have been each other's shining reflection but these past two years it feels like my mirror has become old and rusty, slowly cracking to a million pieces. Seeing Andre now only cleaned and put my pieces together having my twin back in my life is like someone filling a hole in my heart.

He chuckled and ruffled my short hair and stood up from the ground, he helped me up and then I saw Tato, and my eyes widen; his short black hair almost turned to snow as his eyes showed tiredness and dark circles. But when he smiled he lit up like a flickering light bulb, he spread his big arms and pulled me into a bone crushing hug almost taking the breath out of me.  

"I'm so glad you are safe" I chuckle and wrap my arms around him.  "I've always been safe Tato" he sighs deeply and pulls away eyeing me with a smile then his eyes flicker to Mama who is standing with Nickola I smile and stand next to Nickola taking his hand in mine.

"Everyone. This is my boyfriend Nickola" Nickola looks towards me again and I smile at him he eyes me a question and stand on my toes and kiss his cheek. "A chance" I whisper, Nickola smiles widely and turns to my family standing straight, confident and presentable.

"Hello I'm Nickola Anderson, I'm sorry that I showed up like this but Tia begged me to come and- "

"That's alright boy, come inside" Tato said with a smile as he gestured to the living room; I nod my head in reassurance to follow my dad to the living room. Tato is suddenly so welcoming to Nickola, it only made me wonder why he wasn't so protective of me this time. I remember when I introduced Andrew as my boyfriend he went ballistic, he went off his head. I watch as my parents talk to him with a smiles upon their faces, and Tato clasp his shoulder and suddenly nod his head saying something to Nickola which only made him chuckle.

I can't help but smile as how quickly he got along with them and all I can think is What the fu-

"What the fuck?" Andre says as he stands next to me, I snap my head towards him where I have to look a little higher than I use to. I smile widely, Andre is taller and buffer but his features are still the same and his hair completely shaved off making me laugh. I reach the top of his head and rub his head feeling the little prickles of hair on my fingertips. "I've never seen you as a badly bro" Andre chuckled then suddenly became very serious as he looked into my eyes and knitted his eyebrows.

"Who is that guy?"

I dramatically sigh putting my hands to my heart as I spin around looking around my house smiling and observing each and every single new detail as if it was a master piece.

"My beloved husband Nickola Anderson "

"What?!"

"Don't start with me okay, he is a guy who is my friend and I like my guy friend okay. I just came home after two years and I hate that things have changed, I hate the this what are different; but you cannot hate change, right? There's nothing to be afraid about.  You only need to have courage to let go of the old things to embrace for the new one-

-Can I please just enjoy my week back with my family?"  I say as my voice broke and blink away the tears. I expected another lecture or even an argument to start but instead I feel myself begging pulled into a brotherly hug.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. But I just don't want you to get hurt again" Andre says. I sigh and wrap my arms around him missing his protective brotherly actions resting my head on his chest.

"Your still so annoying Andre" I chuckle, Andre pulls away and rolls his eyes and gestured to the living room. As I look around my eyes turn wide I have forgotten how big and beautiful my house was it maybe my shitty memory or maybe Mama and Tato did a big renovation now this only amazed me. There are three large bedrooms with their own personal bathroom. Down the hall was a rather large living room across that was the kitchen with wide windows and a door that leads to the balcony.

As a child I never use to pay attention to the place we live in because all that mattered is that I have a family and a place to call home.  Snapping out of my daze I take a seat in-between Andre and Nickola interrupting the chatter about the town and neighbourhood. I couldn't believe how quickly they got along with Nickola, how quickly they accepted him into our family; things don't feel right.

Mama and Tato bot smiled at me when I sat down and I mirror their action; it is so good to see them both after two whole years but seeing them older only scared me it only proves how time has quickly passed, it only made me regret not coming back sooner to spend my brakes here. I got up and hugged them both as they sat together on the couch they both somehow wrapped an arm around me each. Tato rubbing my back as Mama held me tight.

"I love you guys so much"

"We missed you too sonce" (sunshine) Tato said. I sigh pulling away whipping my tears away Mama stands to her feet. "How about you two get some rest and we will do some sight-seeing first thing tomorrow, what do you say Nickola?"

Nickola stand to his feet with a polite smile and nods his head. Mama flashes a smile "Grate follow me" I laugh and take Nickola's hand in mine as Mama leads the way upstairs to my old bedroom.

"This was Tia's old bedroom" she smiles opening the door. I smile in awe as everything still lays and stays the same; the bed is still near the window where I use to jump and sit out on the roof and watch the clouds and stars shimmer. My big red reading chair sits in my reading corner along with my books and favourite teddy bear.

"I have left and kept everything the same Sonce" Mama smiles proudly, I turn around ot face her and give her a tight hug. "Thank you so much Mama" I sniff. Mama chuckles, nodding her head on my shoulder, "Nema problem (there is no problem)" Mama pulls away "I better go before I cry again, get some rest"

I chuckle as he shuts the door behind her, Nickola laughs and looks around my room "wow" is all he said. I was too happy and too excited to listen so I spin around my room landing on the bed I use to say was a cloud. Nickola examines my room and the pictures on the wall and I gasp remembering the pictures that were displayed of Andrew and I.

"Was this your ex?" Nickola asked with curiosity. I jump up and walk towards him looking at the picture where it stays pinned onto my wall, one of my many favourite pictures that we have taken. I remember as if this happened yesterday. Andrew and I sit on our bench at our secret hillside, where I'm in-between his legs as he held me close leaving his lip gently on my skin. I look at the camera with the brightest smile and the brightest blush on my cheeks. I was so happy.  We were so happy.

"Tia?" Snapping out of my daze I look up at Nickola with a frown he raises his eyebrows in question, I shake my head angrily ripping the photograph off the wall scrunching it up and throwing it on the study table. "No." I say, hiding the sadness and regret.

Nickola simply nods in understanding looking away from the photo wall and walks over to my bookshelf pulling out one of my favourite books. My eyes lingered at the sight of him and my god he looks like a totally different person with his head behind a book. Nickola looks with a smile "I love this book"

Just like that he made you forget.

"You do?" He nodded as he told me what he admired the most, I watch him talk as I smile walking up to him sitting down on his lap taking the book from his hands.

"I think you are close to earning your chance" I read a sentence from the book as I look up at him, Nickola smiled and tiled my head gently and kissed my lips softly.

"I think I'm little closer than that beautiful"

***

Author's note:

I'am so sorry it has been a very slow update and I'am so sorry to say that most updates will be slow because of school and home work I have been getting. But I hope that you guys are enjoying New Game, New Rules so far.

What do you think about, Tia and Nickola though?? Yeah or Nah

Remember you can imagine the characters however you pleases

Introducing, Andre Cross (Tia's brother)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 6.7K 40
A Featured Wattpad Romance, Wattpad New Adult, and Wattpad Psychological Novel (triggering romance) **November 3, 2019: 1st place Winner of romance c...
787K 44K 34
[2022 Wattys Winner] When love cynic Madison Watson starts university, she vows to follow three simple rules. One: Work out at least twice a wee...
441 138 35
A struggling 21-year-old young woman who got in a car accident while coming from college back to her apartment got her leg injured and is unable to w...
Break Point By Reggie

Mystery / Thriller

3.7K 201 27
Kaya a working physiatrist finds the dark world of her husband and is determined to find his true love. *** Kaya Higgins is a working physiatrist a...