My Protective Alpha Mate

By CharlotteMichelle96

"Karma..." He muttered. I looked over at him as he smiled to himself. "Is a bitch. And so are you!" I joked... More

My Protective Alpha Mate
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Notice: New Story
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Sequel
New Story Notice
Guard My Heart

Chapter Eight

403K 8.9K 2.4K
By CharlotteMichelle96

Chapter Eight

"Kyle and Rain?!" I hopped out of bed and then collapsed in a heap when I realized  I was still naked. Aiden snarled and Samson covered his eyes. Aiden threw the blanket over me and got out of bed to talk to Samson. "Hey! Wait for me!" I got to my feet, wrapped the blanket around me and waddled out of the room after them.

"What in hells name is Kyle and Rain doing together!?" Aiden questioned. I was eager to find out too. I came up to Aiden's side and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me to his hip. Samson stared at me, eyebrows raised.

"She hasn't told you?" He asked me. I opened my mouth and then snapped it shut. Told me what? "Aiden, Summer... Rain is Kyle's mate." My eyes bulged out. Wait! That's not possible...

"But Marla is his mate!" I cried. Aiden sighed and turned to face me. 

"No. Kyle marked her, mated with her. But they are not mates. Just childhood friends. Rain must have known about this for a while now." He murmured the last part to himself. I felt my head spin. Rain? And Kyle? She's only fifteen for crying out loud!

"Okay! Focus guys! Rogue's have been planning on taking down this pack for weeks. They aimed for the Luna first. Now they're going after the Beta." I squinted. When the rogue's attacked us... They came for me? How did Aiden know? Now I understood why he told me to run...

"Okay. So do you have anyway of finding where they could be? Like do you guys put tracking devices-"

"Kyle has a chip in his jaw. He installed one in him and Aiden when Aiden became Alpha. Marla, Kiera and Caitlyn are tracking him right now. Jacob, Jimmy and I are heading to Rain's last known destination to try and pick up a scent. The rest of the wolves are on a rage, hunting down and killing every rogue in their path." I was surpised, how quickly everyone went into action at the news of the captured Beta and the rogue girl. 

"Will...will he treat her well?" I looked over at Aiden. He gave me a cheeky grin and kissed me heavily. 

"He will treat her like the princess she is, angel." He kissed my forehead but pulled back when Samson let out a growl. 

"Guys! Will you stop being horny and focus?! Your sister is captured. So is your best friend." Right. Damn stupid hormones! Okay. I was focused. Rain. I have to save Rain. Before either of the guys could register what I was going, I bolted downstairs, grabbed a jacket and went into my Jeep Wrangler, started the engine and was about to rev away when Aiden jumped in with me. 

"What do you think you're doing?" He snapped at me. I ignored him and slammed on the acceleration, not caring that his door was still open. 

"Summer! Stop!" He ordered but all I could think about was Rain! Oh god, what if they hurt her. What if they try to kill her! No. Kyle will protect her. He'll risk his life for her... won't he? What if he doesn't! She's my baby sister! I swore to look after her! Damnation!

"She has to be okay... If she isn't, I don't know what I'll do." Aiden glanced over at me, grabbed my knee and let out a menacing growl.

"Stop the car, Summer. It won't do Rain any good if we both die as well." With that, I pulled over to the side of the road and slammed on the brakes. "Good. Now get out of the car and let me drive." He didn't wait for me to respond. He got out and sulked over to my side where he pried open the door and pulled me out. I whimpered and glared up at him.

"Let go!" I jerked out of his grasp and marched over to the passenger side of the car. "Rain needs us, Aiden. Tell me, will Kyle keep her safe?" I slammed the door shut and turned to look at him. Aiden began driving at a speed much slower than mine but a good fifteen miles over the limit. 

"Yes. He will keep her safe. With his life." He reached over and grabbed my hand, moving it onto his lap. I watched him drive, arching an eyebrow. How was he so calm? His phone began ring, causing him to drop my hand and answer it. "You're on with Ross." He grumbled, using his last name as reference. I don't know why, but the way he said it... his last name was sexy. 

I heightened my hearing to hear Kiera talking over the phone. "We have Kyle's destination. He's at the High School." My eyebrows rose with confusion. Aiden took the first left and drove straight for a while. 

"Thank you, Kiera. Call me back if they move." He hung up and looked over at me. "This high school is abandoned and the shelter for the rogues. I'm just shocked they'd take them some place so obvious. Be prepared for a trap. Let me go in first. Samson, Jimmy, and Jacob should be here soon." He murmured. It seemed like he as half talking to me and half talking to himself. But when he glanced over at me, I nodded. 

"Okay." I don't mind if Samson, Jimmy and Jacob are coming. But there is no way in hell that Aiden is keeping me from going in. I have to find Rain. She is my little sister and my responsibility. 

Aiden halted the car as I took in the hidious yet captivating school infront of me. It was obvious it hasn't been touched for years. It has two floors and placed on a hill. The hallways were outside and it had a campus, outside cafeteria and resembled a college more so than a regualr highschool. It was long, really long, and was rectangular shaped with the middle of the school open for the outside campus. There was rust everywhere. They paint was chiped and I shivered as I continued to stare at it. It was as if it was from a horror movie.

Aiden looked over at me, gave me a fierce look as said, "stay here." But when he got out of the car, I waited a minute and hopped out to follow him. I made sure he couldn't hear me. He would send me right back to the car. 

'Rain? Are you there? Answer me!' I cried out to her. But there was no response. I sighed. What if she wasn't here? I woundered the halls, my eyes taking everything in. The ceiling were fallen apart, most of it on the ground, wires hanging. The lights were flickering and there was a low humming sound that I guessed was the generator...

The walls were chipping, the floor covered in moss and wet from when it rained. It was hot and had a stench that reeked of on thing... Death. 

I hurried, seeking out Aiden's faint scent. Then something else caught my attention and I tensed, throwing my head to the right. I clenched my hands into fists, flared my nostrils and took in Rain's Britney Spears perfume. She was here. I headed down the next hallway that branched off to the right and followed the aroma. It stretched on for a while until it became strong. Extremely strong.

I held in a growl and looked around to make sure no one was behind me or watching me. I wondered where Aiden was. But that didn't matter right now. I had to save my sister. 

There were voices ahead of me, urging me forward. Chills ran down my spine, making me shiver. 

The scent took me to a science room and I peeked into the room only to freeze with fear. Rain was tied to a table, her blood being drained into blood bags. Kyle was thrashing around, trying to stop what was happening. He was shouting at them. The rouges. They wore black. Black skinny jeans, black shirts and black leather jackets. They held guns also. 

One with blonde, shaddy hair and a nice set of muscles, walked up to Kyle and smacked him hard on the head with the hilt of his gun. I sucked in a breath, biting my bottom lip. There were five rouges in the room but I had no doubt in mind that there were other rouges around here. 

I was about to step forward when a hand snake around and clamped down on my mouth. I let out a squeal only to be pulled back into a hard chest. And I sighed, collapsing in his embrace. 

'Are you crazy?! What the hell are you thinking?!' Aiden hissed in my head, burying his face into my neck. I felt him take a few calming breathes before he released me and gripped my hips. 'Go back to the car.' My eyes widened and I turned to look at him. 

'Aiden! I cannot. I need to stay here and rescue my sister! Jacob, Jimmy and Samson will be here soon. We can take these douches!' I glared at him, crossing my arms. He better not argue with me. He should know that no matter what, I will not leave my sister alone. 

He sighed and kissed my forehead. 

'They are here, silly.' I leaned around him to see three massive wolves standing there. I blushed. Jacob and Jimmy were a milky brown color with piercing hazel eyes. Samson was grey with eyes as blue as the Caspian Sea. I mentally slapped myself. How was I that oblivious? 

'Then it's settled. Are you guys ready?!' I morphed into my black and white wolf, glanced over as Aiden followed in suit, looking dark and mysterious as his midnight black wolf. He winked at me and the leaped into the room, bolting towards the rouges. Samson and Jacob followed quickly. As I jumped into the classroom, I heard gunfire and I prayed no one got shot. 

I pounced on a newly shifted white wolf and tried to grab hold of his neck, leg, ear; anything. I settled on his front right leg and nearly ripped it out of his socket. He hollered in pain and sank his canines into my ear. I whimpered and released him, thrashing my head around to lessen the pain. When he advanced me, I sidestepped and pounced on his back, dug my claws into his sides and clamped my mouth onto his neck. He twisted around to throw me off. 

But I didn't give up that easily. I became deadweight and had him collapse on the ground, allowing me to step on his neck, block his air passage and reached down to tear his chest open. He roared and threw me off. I landed on a few chairs, the metal giving in and breaking under me. A few sharp edges sliced my back and sides but I hopped to my feet and bolted towards the white wolf. 

He leaped at me and I ducked down, spun around and swiped a fital paw at his face, dislocating his jaw. He collaped and died instantly. I let out a huff and looked over to see Aiden watching me with pained and concerned eyes. He glanced at the still white wolf and then at me. I sighed, shifted human and ran over to Rain's body. I pulled the tubes out of her arms, bit my wrist and held it to her lips. She instinctively sucked as much blood as she could and her eyes began to flutter. When she had enough blood to keep her alive, I pulled my arm away.

Aiden held me to prevent me from falling while Kyle picked up Rain and flowered her with kisses. He looked over at me and I saw tears in his eyes. Soon, my eyes were pricking with them also. I almost lost her...

"I am so sorry, Summer! I am so, so sorry! I failed you, Luna! I failed Rain. I should have been able to protect her." As much as I knew he should have, I knew it wasn't his fault. I shook my head and placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"You did the best you could. Honestly, I don't think Rain could get a better mate. Just treat her well?" Kyle nodded quickly and kissed her forehead. 

"Of course." He looked down at her with love in his eyes. I leaned back against Aiden who rested his shin on my head. I sighed, the stench of death filling the room once again. There only seemed to be the five rouges...which had me wonder. Where were the others? 

"We better get going." Samson said from a few feet away. I glanced over to see him taking blood from the wolf I killed. I squinted, questioned him but he just smiled and nodded to the door. I realized he was right. We better leave before more rouges come. I grabbed Aiden's hand and led the group out of the room. 

Aiden pulled me back, growled and then led the way. I rolled my eyes. He was such a protective mate! Protective ALPHA mate is I may add. Which only maked the matter twice as worse. I clutched his hand tightly, the school still scaring me. But when I saw the light, I squealed and ran ahead. Aiden called after me but I ran out, spun around and smiled into his gorgeous hazel eyes. He laughed and then ran over to swoop up my naked body. I cried out with joy.

When we got back home, Jimmy looked at Rain to make sure they didn't inject her with poision or Wolfbane. Wolfbane will kill us within a day. I was shaking with fright when Jimmy didn't come up right away and tell me she was alright.

I sat on the couch in the living room with Aiden, sprawled out on his lap. It seemed to get extremely hot and I began to sweat. I peeled off layers of my clothes that I had just put on and now I was only in my bra and undies. Aiden kissed my forehead.

"Are you hot, Aiden?" I whispered. He shook his head slowly, touching my clammy forehead and soothed my hair down. What was wrong with me? It must being the anxiety and the nerves. That has to be it... right?

Kiera walked in a looked at me with concerend eyes.

"Aiden...She looked sick." She whispered. Aiden looked down at me again but I ignored him because Jimmy walked into the room. I jumped up and he told me Rain was okay. I let out a satisfied sigh and he grabbed my wrist, pulling me down to the emergency room. Aiden seemed confused. 

I looked at him, reached a hand out and he grasped it to follow me.

I was laying on the cold table with Aiden sitting in a chair next to me, holding my hand in both of his while we awaited Jimmy to speak. 

"They had Wolfbane everywhere. On the walls, on the chairs." He whispered and looked at the gashes on my sides. I squinted at him with confusion as he crused and dropped his elbows on the table, dropped his head in his hands and grabbed his hair. He stood up and punched the table, the wall and then threw a chair. I winced, looking at him with bewildered eyes. What was wrong with him?

"Jimmy! Explain yourself!" Aiden snarled at him. Jimmy looked over and squated next to me.

"They white wolf threw you into a pile of chairs didn't he?" He asked. I raised my eyesbrows and nodded slowly. What did that have to do with anything? "And these cuts are from the fall?" I nodded again. Yes? So? 

Aiden cursed, stood up and soon tears welled up in his eyes. I looked at him with confusion. What was wrong? They were just cuts! What's the fuss about?! I mean, I will lives... right? It's not like I was injected with Wolfban- oh shit!

I began to panic as Jimmy shook his head, grabbing my hand. 

"Save her!" Aiden screamed at him. 

"Wolfbane is a very deadly poison! It may be too late, Aiden!" I looked over at Aiden who was falling apart right in front of me eyes.

"God damn it! I told you to stay in the car, Summer! Why couldn't you just listen to me?! Huh?! This wouldn't have happened! You wouldnt be in this position!" I opened my mouth to speak but he fell to his knees, grabbed my hand and pressed it to his lips. 

"I am so sorry, Aiden. I had to save my sister." He kissed my hand and shook his head. 

"You will be fine! I promise you will be fine." 

"Aiden, I am going to have to drain her blood. While I do so, I am going to need you to be feeding her yours." Jimmy whispered. I looked at him with confusion. "There may be too much Wolfbane in her that I will not be able to get all of it out without killing you. You understand?" He touched my face and I nodded slowly. 

Aiden bit his wrist and held it to my lips. I felt my eyes water as I grabbed onto his wrist and pulled into my lips. I squeezed his other hand tightly as Jimmy bit into my side and sucked out the wolfbane. He continuously had to turn and spit liquid into a bowl before sucking ever more. 

But as the blood drained from me, I grew dreadfully weak. So weak I could no longer drink from Aiden. He began yelling at me but it was too late. I felt weightless. What was I supposed to do? I didn't even have the strenght to keep my eyes open. I didn't have the strength to keep breathing.

I was wisked away to float amonst the clouds. My stomach was empty, hurting and my limbs grew numb. Was this what it felt like to die? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 4K 40
"Don't look at me like that. I promise I will make you feel like a queen, when living here." He said looking straight through me. He came closer and...
158K 4.8K 54
Oh look it's The girl who stole my man." She said smirking triumphantly. "Oh really I remember clearly that it was you who stole my man. But, at leas...
17.6K 1.6K 24
"You had no right to do that," I snap, trying my best to out walk him. His chuckle was loud behind me and his hand griped on my forearm, stopping me...