Death Reapers MC: Angels to A...

By marvelicious

// NO ONE EXPECTS AN ANGEL TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE. // Riley McKenna is fresh out of rehab following her sis... More

prologue.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
*Bonus Chapter* xi.5
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
epilogue.
*Bonus Excerpt* Death Reapers MC book #2

v.

5.4K 147 27
By marvelicious

Angel
"you've been quiet far too long; blood is dripping down your chin from you biting your tongue."
---

I woke the next morning, my bloody fists sticking to the clean silver sheets of the bed in the my room at Trace's place. What had even happened?

Trace and I were drinking and smoking, shooting the shit til early in the morning. We had no idea where Riley was, thinking maybe she was at the hospital visiting Wolf. Then Riley pulled up in her brand new jeep like a bat out of hell, blood dripping on her clothes, scared to death, and saying he had found her. Him. Rage.

My own vision blurred as my head pounded from my hangover. That son of a bitch. I would kill him.

I hopped in the shower, dressing in all black, like always, and leaving my hair down, hastily running a comb through it. I scratched at my beard, irritated. I found some scissors in the bathroom and cut off the rest of the short cast on my left hand, since I had mainly destroyed it last night punching the house. Great.

I laced up my boots, heavily stomping down the steps, not bothering with a shirt. I found Trace out on the back deck, staring into the green backyard and sipping coffee. He had sunglasses over his eyes, his white shirt nearly blinding me in my poor state.

"Where's Riley?" I asked, taking the patio chair opposite of him.

"Therapy. Court ordered. She finally went." Trace gulped more coffee down, his eyes on the table.

I nodded shakily. "Good."

"Yeah.." Trace trailed off, his eyes far away. Birds chirped happily into the morning air, a deep contrast to the way I felt.

"What do you want to do man?" I asked, placing my elbows on the glass table and leaning forward. Let's just jump right into it. We were wasting valuable time.

Trace shook his head, his dark hair falling in his face. "I'm at a loss here, Angel. I don't know how to help her anymore."

He sighed heavily. I waited for him to continue, pulling out a smoke from my jeans pocket and lighting up.

"I don't know why she goes back to him. And she won't tell me. It's no secret we aren't close anymore." I nodded, of course knowing this. "I love her, but I can't let her distract me from club business. We have a big gun run coming up, and I have to figure out what Shooter and the Bastard's revenge will be for us jacking their heroin."

"What's the plan going to be with that?" I muttered, tracing the morning dew in figure eights on the patio table. There was just too much shit going on.

"We'll worry about the guns and making that money first. We'll just keep more brothers back to watch over the clubhouse. In case the Bastard's come there." Trace pulled out his phone, quickly shooting off a text. He stood up, quickly draining the rest of his morning coffee.

"I got to go pick up Wolf. They're releasing him."

I nodded, not moving from my chair. "Trace..." I started, not sure what I wanted to even say. He rose both eyebrows, pausing, waiting. "I want free reign to take out Rage."

Trace smirked to himself, his eyes dancing in amusement before quickly sizzling out as they landed on me. "Hmm. You like my sister, Angel?" Trace's voice was low and raspy, as if he had smoked a whole carton of cigarettes.

I choked on my cigarette, coughing loudly and gasping for air. "Uhhh."

Trace gave me a small smile, his eyes tracking the backyard. "I don't care, brother. Honestly," he sighed dramatically, very unlike my MC president. The fewer words, the fewer facial expressions, and emotions, the better. This must really be bothering him. "I'd rather you be there for her than him... But you'll have to talk to her first about killing her boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend." I automatically growled in response.

"Does he know that?" Trace tugged violently at his hair. "He doesn't care. He was given the name Rage for a reason." Trace's green eyes bore into mine. "I've seen Riley's bruises and black eyes. Seen some other shit too." Nausea rolled through me and I turned my head away.

Trace continued. "All I'm saying is you have to ask her permission. You know as my club sergeant, you have mine. But when you go after him, you better make sure it's good. Because as cliche as it sounds, he's really not going down without a fight."

I avoided his eyes, staring down at my heavy boots on the wooden porch, thinking. Minutes passed and I could feel Trace studying me. I rubbed my hands up and down my face, frustrated. I was always frustrated lately.

"Just have a bulletproof plan, man. Then plan B, maybe plan C. Wolf would want to be involved, too." Trace opened the back doors, stepping through. He turned back to me. "Can you get Riley from therapy? If he's already seen her once, he'll be back for more. She's his weakness; he can't stay away." I knew that feeling all too well.

I nodded to him, my own anger flaring hot in my veins.

---

I found Riley in downtown Savannah, sitting on a bench hidden in some bushes. She was staring at the passing cars, her phone clutched tightly in her hand. Her red hair was mussed around, like she'd been running her hands through it too much. She had several gold necklaces around her neck, conveniently covering the scratch at the base of her throat.

I parked my truck at the curb a few feet back from her, idling for a moment, just staring at her. She didn't acknowledge me, or even seem to notice I was there. She was in her own little world.

Fuck, what was this girl doing to me?? Killing men was not something I liked to do. I took an oath to save others when I became a firefighter.

My thoughts travelled to my dad, dead in his grave. To my younger sister, Lux, and how her life had turned out. My own mother, who knows where... I had some skeletons in my closet, and being around the McKenna twins reminded me how similar skeletons could be. My fingers itched to send a text to Lux, or call the Virginia Beach PD and see if they had found my mother yet. But today wasn't the day I wanted to dwell on these things. They kept me up to all hours and I'd lie with them again tonight.

I pulled my phone out quickly, shooting off a text before Riley noticed I was here.

To: Wolf
When you're feeling better man, let's make the plan for Rage. And soon. It's time

Wolf immediately replied.
From: Wolf
Fuck yeah dude I'm in. Trace just told me he got to Riley, is she okay?!!??

I grimaced, feeling shame that I wasn't watching her closer last night. But I would learn that Riley was a strong magnet for trouble. Always had been, always would be.

To: Wolf
yeah she's tough. see u soon brother.

I threw my phone in the truck's middle console, studying Riley once again. She was on the phone now, speaking to someone passionately, and she didn't look  too happy about it.

I cracked my truck's window, shamelessly eavesdropping.

"It's not Wednesday, Watson. Why are you getting so damn angry?" Riley's voice was hushed but I could make out every word.

She listened, her eyes on her lap, cheeks flushing scarlett.

"What the hell are you going on about? Why are you screaming? I fucking said I'll be there. So I'll fucking be there!" Riley all but shouted into the phone. She quickly jumped to her feet and began pacing, her hands in her long hair again, alone in her own world. Strangers passed her on the sidewalk, shooting questioning stares. I glared at every single one of them, slamming my truck in park, and quietly opening the driver's side door.

"I'm not doing anything wrong! I was at therapy! I already missed five sessions and the court is threatening me again with charges. For your fucking drugs, remember??" Her voice raised louder, earning more incredulous stares from random strangers. I leaned against my truck, my eyes wandering the streets for anyone suspicious, out of habit. This conversation didn't sound good.

"I don't care. Right now, I want you to leave me alone. Quit calling, quit texting!"

I smirked to myself, proud of my girl for standing up for herself. Rage was a crazy motherfucker though. I was a little worried for the repercussions of her sharp words.

"Okay. Yeah, you're right. Uh huh. I will. Of course. I know, I'm sorry. No, I don't what you to do that. Please Rage, calm down. Mhm...." Riley paused, her head finally lifting up, and noticed me watching her.

"Love you too." My heart jackhammered in my chest.

Riley quickly ended the call, giving me a questioning look before walking to the passenger side of the truck and tossing her black purse to the floor board. She hopped in daintily, not saying a word. My mind reeled. Her eyes were on me when she said those three words, but she was on the phone with him. Was I chasing after something I'd never get? What the fuck was she actually doing? Surely she wasn't this stupid.

I got back in the truck, my mood worse than last night's when I learned Rage had his hands on her.

I started the truck, expertly navigating the downtown streets, unsure of where I was going. Riley made no attempts to fill the silence and neither did I. The radio was playing country but we ignored it.

"How much did you hear?" She finally asked, her voice quiet, her head turned away from me.

I paused, taking a sharp left turn. "Enough."

Riley sighed loudly, bowing her head and playing with her black fingernails. "It's not what it sounded like."

"Oh yeah?" My angry voice was loud in the cab of the truck. "It sounded like you're still in love with Rage." I stayed glaring at her. "And that you'll be seeing him soon."

I turned to Riley, watching her reaction. She opened her mouth, eyes wide. Her expression screamed 'caught!'

"I guess it did sound that way..." she mumbled lowly. "But you have to understand, Angel, I have my reasons for talking to him again. This isn't all for nothing. This isn't because I still love him." She rushed out her words quickly, her tone pleading.

I squinted at the road, trying to squash the red hot anger taking over my entire being. "You'll have to give me a minute here, princess. I don't understand what in the fuck is that important that you're willingly going to see him. Do you want to get fucking hurt?"

Riley quickly flinched, as if I had slapped her.

Moments passed, my driving becoming more erratic. The more I thought of her and him, how she loved him, had me ready to start a damn war.

"Where are we going?" Riley whispered, one hand up on the 'oh shit handle' at the top of the truck's window, the other braced on the seat beside her, inches from my thigh.

"Errands to run." I clipped, grabbing a joint from the pocket of my leather cut and lighting up.

Riley flinched away from me again, rolling down her window and leaning as far away from me as she could.

"So tell me. What is so fucking important that you're running back into the arms of a man who has hurt you?" I asked loudly, my eyes on the road as I accelerated the country streets. "If you like being hit around, girl, take up boxing."

"It's hard to explain."

"And you don't trust me enough to fucking try? Is that it?" I asked, mutual annoyance heavy in the cab of the truck.

"I have unfinished business with Rage. You think you know me so well? Why don't you tell me all about me and him, huh?" Riley scoffed loudly, crossing her arms over her yellow silk blouse.

"I think you're just getting sucked back in. You're acting weak. You'll be doing drugs and drinking and whatever the hell else those fucking Bastards are all about before Autumn even starts."

I chanced a look at Riley, seeing her cheeks flare up, taking deep breaths in and out.

"Yeah. You really don't know me at all, do you Ashton Blair?" Riley spat out.

"You don't let anyone in, Riley! I don't fucking understand you. You push Trace out of your life. You and Wolf have a weird sexually tense relationship; it is so apparent." Riley made a gagging noise at my words, rolling her green eyes and muttering 'as if.' I hate to admit that it made me a bit calmer. "I'm just trying to be your friend, princess. What are you trying to do here?"

"Nothing. I'm not trying to do anything here." Riley snarled, gesturing her hands to me and herself. Her eyes studied the large unmarked concrete building I had just pulled up to.

"Obviously." I scoffed, quickly getting out of the truck. "Stay here."

Riley glared at me, her eyes wide in disbelief that I was bossing her around.

I jogged into the building, and was met with the strong smell of wet dog. I found a young girl at the reception desk, studying me like I was her next lunch.

"Can I help you?" She asked, her voice high and girly. She fluffed out her short pink hair, giving me her best sultry come hither look.

"I'm looking for Emery. He's got a package for me. Ashton Blair." I looked around the lobby, noticing several doors.

"Sure, let me get him." The girl replied, smiling seductively at me. I grinned back, showing my dimples.

"Thanks, darling."

I waited a few minutes before Emery and the girl returned through one of the lobby's doors.

"You Mr. Blair? McKenna said you'd be coming." Emery extended his hand and I took it, shaking it firmly. Emery was tall, tan, buff, and some kind of Asian descent. He had bright blue eyes and curly hair that fell past his shoulders. He looked more like a surfer than a world renown dog trainer.

"Sure am. Let's see what you got for me." I replied, following the man through a door where we were met with barking and whining sounds.

"Trace said you were looking for a large dog, correct?" Emery asked, eyeing me as I trailed slightly behind him, studying my surroundings. Massive dogs peered at me, from pit bulls to Great Danes and German shepherds.

"That's correct."

"I got just the girl for you, then." Emery turned a corner, stopping in front of a kennel. A large black lab was standing at attention, wagging her fluffy tail, her caramel eyes on me like she already knew why I was here. I squatted down to her level and let her lick my hand through the gate.

"This is Maven. She's been with us a good while. I've been training her myself. The cops gave her up, she was a drug searching dog."

I stroked at Maven, rubbing her ears through the metal gate. "Why'd they give her up? She's sweet." I didn't know much about dogs, other than that I loved them and wanted a guard dog for Trace's house. A drug sniffing dog would come in handy for the MC. We were trying to push hard drugs out of the area after all.

Emery laughed, his white teeth shining under the fluorescent lights. "She got a bit too zesty with a perp. Bit his dick clean off."

I threw my head back in laughter. The lab stared up at me proudly, her expressive eyes shining happily.

"Damn!" I whistled loudly, Maven's ear cocking back at the noise. "She sounds perfect, I'll take her. Trace said you would pick the best." I grinned, shaking hands with Emery again.

"Perfect! Let me grab the leashes and training toys I have for her, and get some paperwork. I'll meet you in the lobby, man."

"Will do." I commented to Emery's retreating back. I scratched Maven's chin through the barrier, smiling at her. "Who's a good girl?" The dog barked in response, her eyes shining at me in adoration. "I know. We're gonna be best friends." I grinned, reluctant to leave her. Her black coat looked like silk under the overhead lights. She must have been pushing 80-90 pounds. This was definitely my girl.

I chuckled as I made my way back to the lobby. Not to my surprise, I found Riley there, leaning against the counter and talking to the pink haired girl.

"What? No way!" Riley exclaimed, grinning and acting as if we hadn't been arguing half an hour prior. Her hair was braided to the side now and I snuck a peak at her long pale legs in her daisy duke shorts. I admired her skull tattoos, barely able to take my eyes away from the different types of traditional and new school ink.

"Totally. How is Killer doing?" The pink haired girl asked, smiling warmly at Riley.

"Oh, she is so great, Macy. She loves Trace, hangs on to his every word. She protects the compound every day. She's had to attack an intruder a few times, but she knows her limits. She never does any fatal damage." Riley smiled, her eyes lighting up as she talked about her brother's massive German Shepherd, Killer. Killer was the best guard dog I've ever seen, and I was hoping the black lab I was buying would be close to her level.

"Yeah, Trace had called saying he needed another trained dog for the club... So imagine my surprise seeing that hot, deadly, tall blonde guy come in here." She enunciated the words slowly. "You've been holding out on me, Ri." I cringed at her words, feeling uncomfortable having heard their conversation. I cleared my throat, making my way closer to the desk.

The pink haired woman, Macy, flushed furiously as she realized I was in the same room and had heard her compliment. Riley's smile faded slightly, her green eyes losing their sparkle, as she glanced between Macy and I.

"Yeah... you and Emery really did a great job with Killer. Myself or Trace could never thank you enough." Riley's voice was flat now, devoid of emotion.

Macy waved her away as Emery reappeared in the lobby, his arms full of papers and dog toys. "Oh, it was nothing. We love training these dogs for good use."

"We sure do. Here's your paperwork, Mr. Blair. Even the papers from the PD in what she specialized in. I'll get your girl as you complete everything." Emery smiled brightly at Riley, giving her an obnoxious wink and glance over as he left the room. I almost snarled in protest. Riley glanced at me questioningly, her eyes then staring after Emery.

Macy tried to make more small chat with Riley, but she was once again lost in her own world. Her arms were crossed around her midsection, a look of detachment etched into the features of her porcelain face.

I cleared my throat, trying to save the poor pink haired woman from Riley's space cadet behavior.

"Wolf is throwing a birthday party tonight at the Reaper Clubhouse, do you and Emery want to stop by? Killer will be there."

Riley's head snapped to mine, shock written all over her face. Did she not know? Macy jumped up and down on her toes, her large breasts straining against her white "E. & M. Kennels" t-shirt. She ran from behind the counter and gave me a huge hug. I stiffened immediately, my privacy feeling invaded. There was really only one person I wanted to touch me.

"Oh my gosh! I haven't seen everyone in forever! We would love to!" Macy was practically glowing, her hand lingering on my bicep.

I smiled politely at her, nodding. I stole a glance at Riley, noticing that my new black lab, Maven, had taken an immediate affection to her. Riley was kneeled down and Maven was smelling her, powdering wet doggy kisses on her face and hair. Riley laughed, her eyes sparkling so beautifully that it made my heart stutter in my chest. Fuck.

"Emery! You cool with partying with the Reapers tonight?" Macy asked her co-worker and friend, her smile still bright and blinding. She glanced back to me, wiggling her eyebrows flirtatiously. Uh oh.

"Will you be there Ri?" Emery asked lowly, his eyes only on her. My insides started to cramp. This feeling was all too familiar to me now.

Riley lifted her head for the first time since meeting our new dog. "Uh, what? Yeah, probably." Riley mumbled, scratching Maven's belly happily. The dog panted like she was in heaven.

Emery handed me all of the Maven's things, and even gave me a huge silver kennel for her. We walked to the truck and Emery started playing chatty, like we were all of a sudden best buds.

"Sometimes she fusses in the crate, but she does like to chew up socks and trash, on occasion. So I would use it if she ever disobeys you or if you are traveling. You could certainly fit her and the kennel in this truck." Emery gave me a friendly smile, extending to shake my hand again.

I smiled politely. "I really appreciate it, man. I'll give her a great home, I promise you."

"Reapers are true to their words. No worries, man." Emery shrugged, scratching at the back of his neck and his long dark hair.

I stood there awkwardly, waiting for him to say whatever it was he wanted to say. Get on with it.

"Hey, do you know if Riley is single? I know she had some bad thing going once, but I heard I might have a chance now."

I almost choked on my own spit at that. Like hell he did. "Uh nah man, she's single. I don't know if she's looking for anyone, though..." Emery remained looking nonplussed.

Riley and Maven ran to the truck then, Riley giggling at all of the doggy affection the lab was giving her. Maven loved her.

"What are you boys talking about?" Riley asked, smiling genuinely, her eyes never leaving the dog.

"Just Wolf's birthday tonight."

"Ahh." Riley nodded and frowned, growing uncomfortable. She fidgeted next to me under Emery's intense stare. She stood behind me and to the side, like she wanted to hide. What the hell? I sensed a story here.

"I'll see you guys later tonight! Thanks again, Blair! Happy we could work this out." Emery smacked me hard on the back as he passed me.

I turned around, seeing Macy in the building door way, eyes on my body. Emery was still looking back at Riley as she got Maven comfortable in the bed of my truck. I put a hand on her back helping her get down and led her to the passenger's side as she climbed in. Emery tracked my hand the whole time. Tonight should be interesting.

But I still had a few gun related errands to run for Trace. Let's see how Maven does by my side.

---
11:45pm, Death Reapers MC compound

Wolf was already stinking drunk and looking like a mess. Embarrassingly so. He was hanging all over the girls helping behind the bar and some strippers from Death's Sirens, especially Aspen. The girls lapped up the attention, practically drooling in happiness.

"Sweet Mary, mother of all things pure, he just got a concussion and sprained shoulder. You think he would know better. Or that the groupies would." Cowboy mused out loud, next to me at the long wooden bar in the main front room of the clubhouse. Wolf laughed boisterously as a half naked brunette poured a bottle of Jack Daniel's directly into his mouth.

"Seems like he's having fun to me. I'd kill to be in his position. He's definitely getting hot nurse sex later. Chicks love to nurture." London spoke wisely from my right side. I rolled my eyes so hard I thought they'd fall out of my head. I rose my hand, grabbing the attention of Dallas, our cute new bartender at the club and sometimes Death Sirens. She had long curly light blonde hair, big blue eyes, and a southern twang. She'd been working around us for about a week, and kept mostly to herself.

"Can I help ya, baby?" Dallas asked me, smiling friendly. Her eyes tracked the men in the room behind me with caution. Some brothers from other chapters were here tonight. I didn't know Dallas' story yet, but she kind of reminded me of a wounded baby bird.

"Two more jack & cokes. What y'all want, guys?" I asked the angel on my left and the devil to my right. They muttered their drinks and Dallas took off to quickly and expertly making them.

"Have you seen the president's sister?" I whispered to London. He ran a hand through his wild dark mane, smirking at me.

"Nah man, why?" He knew why. London loved gossip more than the hang along Reaper groupies.

"I'm assigned as security detail." I replied, throwing my first jack & coke back quickly.

"You must suck at it then, cuz she's over there with that dark haired guy." London motioned his head towards the door. I picked up my second drink, holding it to my lips and draining it slowly as I saw Riley at the clubhouse entrance with Emery, of all people. He was spastically all over her, his hands on her waist, then her face, flirting shamelessly. She didn't look distressed or uncomfortable yet so I told myself she had it under control. Emery was talking animatedly, using his hands as he told a story. Riley seemed to hang onto his every word. Maven tracked Riley's every move, her broad black shoulders pressed against Riley's bare calf. Good girl.

"If that was my girl, I'd give her a good spanking." Cowboy muttered to his vodka tonic, avoiding my eyes.

"Excuse me?" I growled as London laughed loud and hard, drawing attention to us. Trace was talking on his phone, making his way through the crowded front room, where Diablo, Red, Wes, and Twitch were playing a heated game of pool. He gave me a quick head nod, his brow furrowed at his conversation. I knew we had something big coming up. His German shepherd, Killer, followed at his side obediently, her pink camo collar jingling as she trotted along.

Cowboy had the grace to look embarrassed. "I mean, that girl is just asking for trouble. Look at her tonight! I wouldn't let her out of my sight. If she were mine, I mean..."

"Good thing she isn't yours then, huh?" I snapped, my hands shaking with anger.

The couple had migrated to the couch. Emery was leaning too close to Riley for my liking, so I stood up, ready to break them apart. Riley smiled up at him politely as he leaned down closer to her, her eyes widening as she noticed the move he was making onto her. She turned away at the last second from his attempt to kiss her, and I almost blew a gasket. She was dressed for the ten's tonight, in a tight fitting, short cream colored dress, with tall black heels. Her hair was falling down her back, her lips that signature color red I loved so much. She still had multiple necklaces on, covering up Rage's mistake. She hadn't looked my way once yet.

I snatched London's drink from him, downing it in two gulps.

"What the fuck, Angel!?" London shouted, giving me a death glare.

"What was that, gin? Tastes disgusting." I quipped back, annoyed. London smirked at me, waggling his eyes suggestively.

"Gin, vodka, rum. Everything to black you out, big boy."

"Why the fuck are you trying to black out?" I asked, furrowing my brow in concern.

"Calm down, Blair." London rolled his green eyes.

"Lady troubles, huh?" He was so predictable. "With your fucked up British accent? I can't imagine why." I joked back, slapping him on the back. London had moved from Britain to Georgia when he was just a kid, so his accent was half British, half southern.

"Yeah, yeah. You better go get your security project. Looks like someone's getting handsy." London nodded towards the couch, where Emery had his arm slung around Riley's shoulder, his long dark hair obscuring his face. I started stomping my way over there but was stopped by a stumbling Wolf.

"Angel, baby. Lighten up. It's a fucking party!" Wolf slurred, swinging a heavy arm around my neck and mussing up my hair. I groaned, pushing him off of me. He fell against the couch near the front entrance, almost landing on Riley's lap.

"Hey!" Riley shouted in protest, and laughing when she saw who it was.

"Oh, hi babygirl." Wolf laughed, making heart eyes at Riley. She rolled her eyes immediately. Maven stiffened and growled deeply at Wolf.

"What the hell is this? Did someone buy me a panther?" Wolf grinned drunkenly, holding his hand out for Maven to inspect.

"My new guard dog, Maven. Careful buddy, she got kicked off the force for biting a criminal's junk off." I smiled proudly at my new dog. Riley snickered into her hand, like we were in on a private joke.

Wolf's eyes bulged out of his head as he put both hands on his dick. Emery laughed from his position to Riley's left.

"Such a good girl, aren't you, Mavey??" Riley cooed. The black lab responded immediately with a fierce tail wag.

Wolf finally noticed there was someone else on the couch. "And who the fuck are you?" Wolf puffed up his chest, looking ridiculous with his left arm in a sling and badly bandaged forehead. These strippers were no nurses.

"Emery Davis, dog trainer. I worked with Killer and Maven." Emery extended his hand across Riley, his arm brushing her breasts. She stiffened, uncomfortable. She continued staring straight ahead at my holey black jeans, frozen.

Wolf didn't like that little encounter either. "Huh. And why are you hogging my girl?" Wolf snarled, literally picking up Riley and placing her in his lap like she weighed nothing. Nausea rolled though me. These two.

"Get the fuck off me, drunk ass!" Riley squeaked as Wolf began tickling her like he didn't have a less than enthused audience.

Emery looked surprised at the interaction, even a little bit uncomfortable. Good. Welcome to the weird sexual tension that is Wolf and Riley.

Wolf was smirking, enjoying everyone else's discomfort. He stilled, squinting at Emery sharply.

"Say Emmy." Wolf purposely butchered his name. His eyes flickered to and from Riley. "You ever do work with the Raging Bastards? You just look awfully familiar. And not in a good way."

Emery stuttered over his words. "Uh. Uh, sometimes." Riley perked up, her eyes glowing and wild. Like this information was the only thing making Emery interesting.

Wolf's eyes trailed to Riley's accusingly. He pursed his lips. "Maybe you should go party with them then, Emmy. Not interested in Bastard groupies." His eyes remained on Riley's. She raised an eyebrow and smirked back.

Emery cleared his throat awkwardly, noticing Macy at the bar, talking to Wes. He left quickly, his face growing red in anger.

I plopped down on the other side of Riley. Maven jumped up onto the couch to my left, resting her heavy head on my thigh. I scratched her ears, cooing sweet words to her.

"I'm finally 25, babe, you gotta catch up." Wolf slurred, his arms on Riley's waist. She shifted, creating space between them. Wolf had random stains on his black and white flannel shirt, his hair slicked back from his face, his cheeks ruddy. He looked like he was going to pass out at any second.

"Remember our agreement, Riley Jane?" Wolf whispered loudly and drunkenly. I stiffened, uncomfortable, knowing I wouldn't like this conversation.

Riley's eyes connected with mine quickly before darting away. "We talked about this in the hospital, pup?" She was growing more and more uncomfortable, too.

"Not really remembering that." Wolf slurred, closing his eyes and leaning his head on Riley's shoulder.

Riley's light green eyes connected with mine as she spoke to Wolf. "Ahhh. We agreed that you're a man whore and I've kind of got a psycho coming to kill me. In fact! There's Aspen now, coming for one of us." Riley's voice was husky and I found myself mesmerized by it, even as she taunted her best friend.

"Is Aspen the psycho?" Wolf slurred, blinking slowly at Riley. She grinned slowly, patting his head like a puppy.

"Not today. Go get her, pup." Wolf stood up shakily, still holding onto Riley haphazardly. He dumped her in my lap, and she let out a loud "ooof!" My arms immediately wrapped around her waist, loving how small she felt in my large hands.

"Wear condoms!" Riley shouted after him as he disappeared behind the first closed door he could find, dragging a smirking Aspen with him. She waved to me obnoxiously.

I was frozen under Riley, afraid to move. I could feel the vibrations from Riley's laughter at Wolf through her back. Her plump hips fit directly over mine, her thighs on top of mine like a mold. I made myself think of root canals, oil changes, cat litter, very unsexy stuff. Riley wiggled in my lap a little bit and I groaned loudly.

"Fuck princess, don't do that." I whispered, hot and low, in her ear.

"Sorry," she whispered back, tilting her head back so that it brushed against the side of my neck. I lived for this moment. I hummed in approval.

"Uh, Angel?" Riley whispered, her breath smelling like peppermint. I mumbled once again.

"Looks like we have an audience. They look angry..." my eyes snapped open at her hesitant words, immediately finding Emery and Macy glaring at us from the bar. I hadn't paid attention to Macy all night and she was pissed. London and Cowboy, on the other hand, were smiling at us like fools, enjoying the show at the bar. They gave each other a high five.

My arm's automatically went to the tops of Riley's thighs, my big hands kneading the soft, smooth skin there, tracing her tattoos.

Riley shivered in response. "Mmm. What are you doing?" Her husky voice cracked.

I glared at Emery over Riley's shoulder, turning my lips so they brushed against the hot freckled skin of her shoulder.

"Showing that fuck he has no place here." I growled, pulling Riley's thighs closer to my torso. My excitement was getting the better of me.

"Get a fucking room, you two!" Twitch shouted obnoxiously, stumbling hand in hand with a very sober Dallas. She widened her blue eyes at me and shrugged like she was just rolling with whatever was happening. A flash of worry for the new girl ran through me.

"Macy and Emery don't look too happy." Riley mumbled, turning her neck so I had free reign to move my lips farther up from her shoulder. Goosebumps rose along her pale skin.

"I could give two fucks." I growled, my hands moving to her tiny waist and staying firmly there. I was a gentleman after all. No matter how much I didn't want to be.

"Mm. Macy seemed pretty into you." Riley met my eyes, and her pupils dilated. Her breathing became quicker and I knew I had her. She was as much mine as I was hers.

I nipped at her neck and she shivered. I vaguely saw Diablo grinning like the devil at us, as he walked by, as pleased as could be. He was something. Wolf stumbled out of the bedroom, Aspen looking like a freshly fucked raccoon behind him, makeup all messed up. That was quick. He saw our intimate position on the couch and his face flushed deeply. He tried stalking over to us, as my tongue traced the outline of Riley's ear, but Trace, of all people, stopped him.

The party had quieted down but I could still make out my president's low, smokey voice. "Just leave it, Luca."

"Leave it? We both know she's supposed to be with me! We had a pact!" He struggled to get past Trace.

"That stupid pact is dead, Wolf. Let Riley be happy." Trace sighed deeply, his eyes avoiding us. Riley then turned her head, her lips connecting hot with mine. I was the only thing in her world at this moment. She tasted like peppermint and peaches. I groaned into her mouth. Finally! This was finally happening. Jesus. I closed my eyes, ignoring my brothers and the argument Trace was having with Wolf.

"Get the fuck out of my way, Trace!" It sounded like a scuffle was happening but I was too busy tasting Riley's tongue to care.

"No offense Wolfy, but you're wrong. Angel and Riley have been making eyes at each other ever since she got back into this shit hole of a town." London growled lowly.

"Go fuck one of your groupies." Cowboy's thick Southern accent drunkenly yelled from somewhere.

"Hey, fuck you dude!" Wolf shouted. "This is my birthday! I should get everything I want!" Wolf slurred some more.

I opened my eyes, seeing Wes throw Wolf over his shoulder. "Then let me introduce you to your sexy bed, buddy." Cowboy, Diablo, and London all laughed as Wolf flicked the room off, upside down.

"Riley, baby." I murmured against her luscious red lips, my heart rate so fast I thought she could feel it against her back.

"Yes, Angel?" She moaned, and my dick jumped, excited. "Is this really happening?" she whispered so quietly, I wasn't sure I had heard her.

"Why is Emery looking like he's about to blow my brains out, princess?" I nipped at her lush red bottom lip, my eyes connecting with Emery's angry blue ones. My dreams were finally coming true, and not even Wolf, or weak little Emery who I had invited as my guest, could ruin this.

"Oh. He just said some shit earlier." Riley bowed her head, her chest and face flushing the most adorable strawberry color.

My right hand traced the outline of her neck until it relaxed against her chin. "Like. What. Babe?" I enunciated, trying to keep my shit together. My hold on her chin made sure she had to look into my eyes. I had kissed Riley. That was my claim. For all of the club to see. She was going to be mine now.

"I don't want to talk about it, Angel." Riley whispered, turning her body so that she was completely straddling me now. Her cream dress slid dangerously high up her thighs. I pulled the silky material down, growling in frustration.

"Tell me, princess. Now."

"He said some crude things, tonight. That's all. I'm sure he's just drunk or high. Whatever." Riley avoided my eye contact once again and my blood pressure spiked.

"Continue." Riley looked at me from under her lashes, like she was afraid of my reaction.

"Baby. I'm not Rage." I soothed her, my hands rubbing her skinny back, tracing the silk of her dress and the hot skin of her upper back. I wanted to rip that fucking dress off and take her right here in front of the whole MC. Mine.

"He said.." Riley trailed off, burying her face into the crook of my neck. I could feel the flush of her face. My heart rocketed, my eyes finding Emery, who was already eyeing up Riley's ass from her exposed position on my lap.

"He said what?!" I snapped, my eyes glaring into his.

"Fuck." Riley whispered under her breath. "He said he wondered how great I tasted. How flexible he could make me." Riley mumbled quickly and lowly, hoping I couldn't hear. But I heard, oh god, I heard.

I stood up, Riley sliding off of my body. I practically groaned in protest. "London! Get that motherfucker out of here!" I screamed deafeningly, singling out Emery, and therefore Macy.
London and some of the wannabe prospects immediately got to work. Macy yelled out "fuck you guys!" before disappearing outside the compound, Maven and Killer running after them like good guards.

Riley watched them go in shock. "What did you just do, Angel?" Riley whispered, clinging to me. I hugged her back, tugging her back into my lap so that she was straddling me.

"Burning bridges. Whatever the hell I have to do. For you baby. Me and you." I growled, diving for her swollen red lips. She immediately responded, melting into my body so that I could feel every hot inch of her. In all of the right places. It's like she couldn't help it.

The crowd carried on around us that night. Metal music bumped through the speakers. Riley stayed straddling my lap, and we made out without a care in the world. Riley whispered in my ear after she sucked on my neck for a few minutes, in her low gravelly voice, that drove me fucking wild. "You know.. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

829K 29.3K 38
*EDITED* The last thing Serenity expected when she moved to California was to be placed in the middle of a sex trafficking plan within the city. Forc...
324K 7.3K 41
Scarlett was born into a life she never wanted. Her parents died when she was just a kid and after that she was raised by the Sons of Shadows MC, he...
505K 21.6K 53
SONS OF ANARCHY meets BREAKING BAD (but make it gay). *** Young and naïve, Everett's preference for bad boys lands him under the prote...
505K 15.7K 45
From the outside, it looks like Ivy Stephens has the perfect life. At 21 she is living with her boyfriend of 2 years, and he is a cop. After another...