Amendable (Book 3 in the Orig...

By SAMiAMiz

There comes a time when someone comes along to wreak havoc in our world. They make us question everything we... More

BEFORE YOU READ
❦One❦
❦Two❦
❦Three❦
❦Four❦
❦Five❦
❦Six❦
❦Seven❦
❦Eight❦
❦Nine❦
❦Ten❦
❦Eleven❦
❦Twelve❦
❦Thirteen❦
❦Fifteen❦
❦Sixteen❦
❦Seventeen❦
❦Eighteen❦
❦Nineteen❦
❦Twenty❦
❦Twenty-One❦
❦Twenty-Two❦
❦Twenty-Three❦
❦Twenty-Four❦
❦Twenty-Five❦
❦Twenty-Six❦
❦Twenty-Seven❦
❦Twenty-Eight❦
❦Twenty-Nine❦
❦Thirty❦
❦Thirty-One❦
❦Thirty-Two❦
❦Thirty-Three❦
❦Thirty-Four❦
❦Thirty-Five❦
❦Epilogue❦

❦Fourteen❦

3.9K 186 41
By SAMiAMiz

  ❦ღ❦   

From where I was sitting in the living room, I looked over at my cousin tending to her two boys. 

It wasn't as strange, after all these years, to see Thea as a mother. She'd always act like one when it came to me horsing around when Maddox Sr. was still alive. I used to feel like their child because of how often they'd sternly shout, "Kale!" every single time I was doing something I wasn't supposed to. 

It was always Thea though who I'd simmer quickly to since she'd give me this tender look that was the complete opposite of what I was expecting. Maddox used to the give me the stink eye for everything (I missed that to be honest...). But not Thea. She was a mother before she found out she was one. 

When she discovered news about Eli, though, my cousin's motherly instincts intensified and I guess I gave her enough practice to know how to handle a kid by the time her son was born, and old enough to run havoc in the house back at the Society. Course... I made most of that havoc because I was playing with the kid. 

Seeing her now though, with Eli and little Maddox, it made me wonder if the fire I saw in her eyes earlier was due to her being a mother.... or the Advanced Human bloodline that was in her veins. 

With no threats since those years ago, Thea has not had to tap into her Hunter Mode for anything. The same for Dennison. He was this former alpha with a strength that had been intensified by two when my grandfather made it a point to alter Dennison's DNA to become this half-beast, half-human form he never got cured for. 

The bottom line is that both Eli and Maddox's parents were one word: Lethal. 

And my aunt's worrisome vision earlier was directed at the offspring to said lethal parents. Talk about those strangers asking for an ass-whooping...

My eyes shifted to the older of the two boys first. 

Eli has always been a happy kid. He was. Really. However, he did have a few things happen to him as a younger kid that kind of altered his personality. Aside from him being Dennison's son in both personality and looks, Eli had this very strong sense of protectiveness about him that prevented him from fully being a kid. 

He still played around with the other boys back at the Alliance, but Thea would mention how Eli always had to think things through before he did it. It was odd for a child, she thought, since children were supposed to just be carefree and enjoy their childhood. But not Eli. 

Instead, he made sure that whatever he partook in, it was safe enough. Not for him... but Maddox. 

My eyes shifted to the smaller boy with the dark hair and gray eyes that locked on his mother. He was lifting up his one-eyed teddy bear. 

Maddox didn't experience anything that Eli had at four years old. 

He didn't have to live in a Society where he was isolated from almost everyone, he didn't have to see the men and women who were attempting to kidnap his father because those people wanted his mother. He didn't have to suffer severe burns, or almost die, from being trapped inside a burning house. And he didn't have to suffer the hole in his heart of never seeing the man that helped raise, and love, him. 

I used to wonder if Eli was ever jealous of his younger brother for never having to endure the trauma he went through. I wouldn't blame him if he did, but I never could read that from Eli. If anything, I think the kid was grateful for being the one to have that hanging over his head instead of Maddox. 

With Maddox having been given the name of the man who had been Eli's best friend-slash-uncle-slash-father-figure, Eli had this undeniable connection to his younger brother. 

He once told me, back when Eli was around seven or eight, that he woke up a lot in the middle of the night because a man kept telling him to. That the man kept telling him to go check up on his little brother. Eli had done so, and that was when he found Maddox hiding under his bed and sniffling from being so scared of the dark. 

Eli shrugged a shoulder, scrunching his nose as he flicked away all the jelly beans (he hated them), and mumbled that he climbed under the bed with his little brother. He held him tight, promising that nothing bad was going to happen to him with Eli around. 

Then the kid turned, looking up at me as his brown eyes watered and whimpered, "It was Maddie, you know..." 

I raised a brow, waiting for him to clarify. 

"It was Maddie always waking me up whenever my brother was crying. I could tell because he kept saying, 'Get up, Squirt.'" 

Eli sighed, looking down at the mess of jelly beans on the table in front of him. He sniffled, wiping the back of his hand under his nose. 

"I miss him all the time... And I wish... wish that I could see him just one more time." 

I'd never forget that conversation with Eli. He never mentioned Maddox waking him up again, but probably because that was something really endearing for him and wanted to keep that to himself. But as far out as the idea of Maddox still watching over Eli was... I like to think that it was true. 

Little Maddox was another story though. I'd never tell Thea, because it would probably hurt her heart having to think about the loss of her best friend, but I grew up with Maddox Sr. And every time... Every. Time. I look at the gray-eyed child run around, and jump around, and other things, it was like watching Maddox Sr all over again. 

In the Society, we were taught how to be one way once we hit a certain age. But until then, we were... slightly... allowed to be children. To an extent. As I said, it was slightly. In the fights we got into with one another for "training" Maddox had always been the light-hearted one about it. He'd laugh and jump around with bubbling excitement that was odd to see (now, anyway) when children were training to be killers. 

I see Maddox when I see Thea's son. He's got a little bit of my old friend. Not entirely because Little Maddox was his own person, and one-hundred percent Auric Dennison's son, but there were just... glimpses... of my departed friend. 

Don't ask me why I won't tell this to my cousin. 

I think maybe it has to do with bringing up the painful past between her and Maddox, as well as Thea never feeling like she could repay Maddox for what he'd done for her back then. Even if she doesn't say it... I know that my cousin will forever feel guilty in letting Maddox die. Even if I tried to convince her that there was no way to save him, she'd still say she could have. That there should have been some way to have saved Maddox. 

As well as Langley. 

"Mommy, Goober's eye fell out again!" 

I blinked a few times, my eyes settling back into where I was in the living room, and hearing little Maddox whimper as he shook his teddy bear at Thea. He flipped onto his knees, crawling into her lap and pouted that his teddy was sad. 

Thea smiled a little, brushing back her son's hair and kissed his forehead before looking down at the teddy bear together with her finger tracing the buttonless spot where the eye should be. 

"It's alright, Maddie. Mommy can sew it back on again, okay? No need to cry." 

"But Mommy!" Maddox lifted his teddy bear to his mother's face, pouting that "Goober" was sad because he couldn't see. Thea raised a brow, studying his face for a moment before she sighed through a small smile that she'd ask Grandma if there was a sewing kit around. 

The boy beamed, squealing happily as he hugged his mother. Thea closed her eyes, brows furrowing as I noted how her arms tightened their hold around him. She kissed the side of his head, smiling down at him that maybe Maddox would like to put his and Goober's pajamas on now. 

Maddox gasped a smile, nodding frantically as he hopped off his mother's lap and scurried over to the couch where Mr. Dennison was sitting with my Aunt Emeel resting her head on his shoulder. 

He'd been comforting her once Dennison called him about needing him to come to my house immediately. 

The man had looked panicked when he arrived earlier and then got worse when seeing my aunt so distraught in the kitchen. After explaining what happened, Titan Dennison settled, but hadn't left my aunt's side once. 

Maddox tugged at his grandfather's pant leg and asked if he'd help find Goober's pajamas with him. Mr. Dennison smiled, nodding silently before mumbling to my aunt that he'd be back. He then rose, picking up Maddox as he did and headed down the hall and up the stairs where the Dennisons would be staying. 

I returned to look at Dennison seated on the floor, against the wall, with his head tilted to the side as he stared at his wife. He always had this habit of staring at Thea. I think it brought him comfort. 

The murderous look he had this morning was gone now, now that he could see his family in front of him; his boys in his sight (minus Maddox who was upstairs with his grandfather). But the former alpha didn't look like he was ready to tear people apart. The combination of Thea and Auric Dennison pissed off was not something I'd ever like to see, thank you very fucking much. 

Can you imagine that? Just a little bit? 

I'd be shitting my pants if I were those strangers in my aunt's vision. I'd be crapping myself completely once I met the parents to the two children I'd be trying to hunt down. Fear, for a lack of a better word, would be strangling me to know that I'd be facing off with a father who was a Werewolf, and a mother who had Advanced Human blood in her veins. 

Yeah... No thanks. 

"We can't go back to the Alliance, Auric," I heard my cousin tell her husband. 

She had this worrisome look in her eyes as she explained how her mother mentioned that these people were coming to Blood Moon Falls. But if they were to go back to the Alliance, they would be risking the exposure to them. 

"They'll find them here, Thea," Auric frowned. 

Thea nodded, swallowing as her eyes teared up a bit. She bit her lip, shaking her head that she knew that, but the Alliance was supposed to be a safe place for their boys. It was supposed to be the one place that Eli and Maddox would not have to look over their shoulder and wonder if something bad was going to happen. 

"I know it doesn't make sense to you, Auric, but if we take our boys back right this moment, how do we know that my mother's vision won't change? That instead of finding them here, they find them at the Alliance?"

Thea turned her head, her brown eyes settling on Eli whose just as brown eyes were staring back at her. His brows furrowed, nose scrunching a little before he scooted closer to place his hand on hers that rested in her lap. He then laid down, resting his head beside their clasped hands. 

Thea closed her eyes, letting out a whimper as she used her free hand to brush back her son's hair. I could see Eli's scowl deepen the more he heard his mother's fear, her crying. 

Again... he had a strong sense of protectiveness.

Auric kissed the side of my cousin's head, sighing that perhaps taking the boys back to the Alliance tonight could prevent the vision. That without knowing who the boys are these strangers could not find them. 

He looked over at my Aunt Emeel staring down at Eli. She had this solemn look on her face before feeling Dennison staring at her. Her eyes flicked up to his, seeing Dennison frown at her if she could feel---at all---the possibility that his boys could be safe at the Alliance if they left tonight. 

My aunt sighed heavily, her shoulders slacked. She shook her head slowly, telling the father that regardless of where they hid the boys, the strangers were going to find them. 

"I've only seen it one way, Auric," she explained further after hearing the father growl and his eyes turning into those of his inner beast. "And every time I try to see it another... I cannot. Just like those years ago... with you turning... It was inevitable. That slight detail of Thea being able to bring you back---as well as saving your sons---changed everything that last possible moment."

Aunt Emeel lowered her gaze to Eli again. His back was to her and from what I could see his mother's soft caressing had lulled him to sleep. When I looked back to my aunt, she was swallowing hard at her grandchild. 

Narrowing my eyes, I could suddenly read her face like a damn book. 

"It's Eli."

Everyone's gaze fell on me, I could feel it, but I was too busy staring my aunt down. Her brown eyes wide as she stared back at me. Her face paling and I narrowed my eyes further as I clarified, "They're coming for Eli. Not both, just him." 

Aunt Emeel closed her eyes, turning her head away as I could see Thea's head snap in her mother's direction. 

"Mom...? Is this true?"

Her mother swallowed, frowning at her hands in her lap. Her chin began to tremble, keeping her from speaking until she finally nodded. 

Dennison growled, pushing to stand up as he demanded to know why my aunt would say that both boys were being hunted when it was just one. My aunt didn't say anything at first, just swallowed again, then allowed her eyes to lift to the father's. 

"Your boys share a bond, Auric. One that is hard to understand. Yes... The strangers are coming for only Eli, but are you really willing to separate the two of them? Hiding one while keeping the other? Do you realize what kind of chaos that would cause?"

My aunt stood up, that fire in her eyes meeting Dennison's just as heated stare. 

"Every moment of my vision is with these strangers coming for Eli. But as I mentioned before, the boys have a bond. They're brothers. Unlike a twin bond that you share with Jonah, your boys are sharing one of two parts."

I frowned, blinking a few times before glancing at Thea who narrowed her eyes; apparently just as confused. She shook her head, scrunching her nose. 

"Mom... what do you mean by 'sharing one of two parts'?"

Aunt Emeel sighed, turning to her daughter and shook her head. 

"Eli and Maddox are part Were and part Advanced. Which makes them whole for one another. They have one half of each side of you two, creating a completely different species to the Supernatural world. Only them two." 

Thea and her husband glanced at one another; my cousin with a worried look while Dennison scowled. 

"This bond is the one I keep saying I don't understand. Because I'm not part Were, nor part Advanced. I'm whole of just one." She motioned to Eli still sleeping on his mother's lap. "Eli is the first ever Advanced Were Hunter. As he gets older... he's going to get stronger. The same with Maddox. But the only difference is that in my vision, I keep seeing Eli in front of all these strangers. Not once can I see Maddox... just hear him." 

The parents, as well as the rest of us, looked confused. Seeing this, my aunt sighed out in frustration before staring the parents down. 

"I'm trying to say that with the children being what they are... that perhaps they are going to be---or already are---gaining abilities that are unknown to any of us." 

My dad rose, frowning as he stared at his sister. "Emeel... you can't mean..."

Facing him, my aunt raised a brow, nodding once. "Yes. Eli and Maddox are going to develop abilities as we did, Vincent. Except what the extent of those abilities are, we won't know until they've developed them. If they haven't already."

Dennison growled, shooting my aunt a look as he demanded to know, however, why she would claim that these strangers were looking for both boys, and not just one. He motioned to his sleeping son, shaking his head that why was his son being hunted down in the first place. 

We remained quiet, frowning as we tried to piece together the gaps. There didn't seem to be any clue as to why these strangers would target Eli. That is until Thea whimpered as she looked up at her husband and mumbled out, "The Councilwoman..." 

The former alpha stared down at her, frowning as he shook his head, "That's impossible..."

"Not entirely," his dad spoke up as he was coming down the stairs with Maddox. 

He placed the kid down on the couch, smiling down at him when Maddox lifted the eyeless bear and wiggled it at his grandfather. Mr. Dennison brushed a hand over Maddox's hair before turning to face the rest of us. 

Mr. Dennison raked his fingers through the front of his hair and stared down at Eli the entire time. He continued to keep his gaze on the sleeping kid as he sighed out that the last time they all saw Councilwoman Estrada was when she and the Council had come to Blood Moon Falls to deliberate about Thea's supposed attack on a Werewolf and humans. 

He finally looked up at us, swallowing. "That's where she found out about Eli. That's the day she almost killed him..." His eyes flicked to my cousin, "And paid for it." 

Thea's brows furrowed, her chin and lip trembling before she turned, storming out of the room. Dennison caught this and frowned, "Thea!" but his wife had already disappeared out of the room. Her husband growled, narrowing his eyes on his father to ask what his problem was. 

He motioned to where Thea disappeared to and huffed out, "You can't tell her shit like that, Dad! She's freaking out as it is because our son is being a target! Don't just blow that shit in her face about her being responsible for these people coming after our son!" 

My dad was then the one to shrug a shoulder weakly as he sighed, "But she is, Auric." 

The former alpha's gray eyes disappeared behind the gold coating and a low rumble from his chest made my dad sigh while shaking his head that no one meant to upset Thea more than she was already. 

"But you have to understand that that woman has good reason to have it out for Thea. Thea almost killed her, but tortured her in a way that she'd have to live the rest of her life knowing who exactly did that to her."

My dad crossed his arms, glancing in the direction of the kitchen. 

"My niece's mistake is letting that woman live. Thea still had some shred of human decency---albeit the fact that she was torturing the Councilwoman---with letting her continue to live day after day with the reminder of whose child she tried to kill... and the consequences of it."

My dad's gaze went over to his sister who was scowling at the kitchen. Well, it was a half scowl. She looked to be hurting; her face pinched. I glanced back at my dad when he softly spoke my aunt's name. 

Aunt Emeel turned her gaze to his, her eyes watering as she whispered, "I know... It's my fault." 

We all frowned (Mr. Dennison questioning what she was talking about), and my dad just nodded in acknowledgment of my aunt's words. He sighed, telling the rest of us that if we remembered why the Councilwoman came after Thea in the first place. 

There was quiet for a while before Dennison frowned at my aunt, "It was to get back at you... for killing her son." 

My aunt nodded, raising a hand to wipe at the tear on her cheek. She swallowed hard, breathing out that at nineteen years old my aunt had gone on a mission with her brother and the other newly Advanced Hunters to seek out Werewolves to eliminate. 

"It was part of our initiation to becoming fully accepted... and no longer looked at as children."

Her brows furrowed, shaking her head that she was the one who had gone after Councilwoman Estrada's ten-year-old son as a weakening point for the Werewolf Head. My aunt huffed, shaking her head more as she looked off to the side and angrily told us how it was what she'd been taught to do at the time; that no Werewolf (no matter gender or age) was to not be shown mercy. 

"And... and I took that child's life... right in front of his mother." 

Her eyes lifted over to Mr. Dennison who was staring at her with a lowered brow. His jaw tightened and my aunt immediately looked away. 

"I'm the one to blame. I set off the chain reaction. It didn't occur to me before now..."

Taking a deep breath, my aunt stared now at the kitchen where my cousin could be seen with her back turned to us all. She was leaning against the counter with her head bent and my aunt closed her eyes, shaking her head. 

"The Councilwoman doesn't know I'm alive..." My aunt pointed out, still locking her sights on her daughter. "Which is why my daughter became the first target... and now my grandson." 

Aunt Emeel frowned, clenching her jaw tightly and I glanced down to see her fists clench just as tight. I raised a brow, mentally noting that if this Councilwoman ever showed up again... I have a guaranteed feeling that she would be facing off with my aunt for the final round. 

My eyes went to my cousin in the kitchen and I pushed myself to my feet as the others were discussing how they were all going to have to help keep an eye on Eli. That they would have to isolate him once again (just like when he was four). I frowned, staring down at my little cousin soundly sleeping. 

I walked over, bending to lift him up and heard him groan from his disturbed sleep. I carefully adjusted him better in my arms before placing him on the couch beside Maddox. His little brother raised his brows, crawling over Eli to peer at the way he was sleeping. When the gray-eyed child looked up at me with a grin, I weakly smiled back. 

Maddox crawled closer to Eli, lying behind him and snuggled his face into Eli's back with his teddy squished between them. 

I continued to stare down at them both, standing there and listening to the others make plans of living arrangements; using the Alliance as a last resort since it was safely hidden away. They felt that, sure, Eli would be safer at the Alliance because no one knew where it was, but they didn't want to risk it. 

If Eli remained at the Alliance, we would all be risking him being found out due to my aunt's visions always coming true. Something would happen where the strangers find the Alliance, and then that would cause more trouble. 

But here, in Blood Moon Falls, Eli's chances of survival were higher. How?

Because he'd have all of us, plus Alpha Brown's pack. Mr. Dennison was already stating he'd go speak to the alpha tomorrow regarding the protection of his grandson, while the others discussed the twenty-four-seven guarding of Eli. 

I closed my eyes, frowning at the idea of a child having to adjust his life so suddenly because his life was in danger. This would be four-year-old Eli all over again where he would be secluded to house arrest and I just knew it was going to bother the kid (even if he would say it wouldn't). 

I slipped out of the living room where the others continued discussing plans, and stood in the middle of the kitchen with my fingers tapping lightly against my thighs. I stared at Thea with her back turned to me. She was breathing steadily which was a good thing, I guess. 

"This is never going to end... is it?" 

She startled me with her question, not sure if she knew who it was she was speaking to, but I shrugged, "Not right now..." which I know wasn't the most comforting thing to say.

Thea huffed out a shaky breath, shaking her head as her grip on the edge of the counter tightened. 

"I should have killed that woman that day... I should have taken her life for almost taking my son's." 

I nodded, agreeing that she should have, but she didn't. 

Thea looked at me with a teary-eyed glare and I frowned at her that anyone could blame her if they wanted, but that I was glad that Thea didn't kill that woman like she could have. My cousin scoffed, turning and motioned towards the living room where she demanded to know why I would be glad when her son's life was in danger again. 

Twisting my mouth to the side, I thought my words over carefully. 

"Because you're not a monster, Thee."

Thea frowned, wide eyed, blinking a few times. 

"Don't you think that you would have proved that Councilwoman right? That you would have proven how soul-less us Advanced Humans were? Mainly you because you are the daughter of the Great Emeel Ray-Saranto---the most infamous Werewolf Hunter?" 

Thea looked away, crossing her arms under her chest. Her eyes twinkled with the tears blurring them and I sighed, walking closer to her. 

Once in front of her, I tilted my head a little to gain her attention. She refused to look at me though. 

"Thee... Any other Hunter would have had no problem killing her---" I raised a hand when she tried to interrupt. "But you didn't because there was a human side to you still. You were born human, Thea, which gave you a chance to give the rest of us redemption. Had you been like the rest of us, we would still be fighting against the Weres. We would still be fighting instead of living peacefully among one another."

My cousin looked up at me, sniffling. I smiled a little, raising my hand to place on top of her head and leaned my forehead against hers.

"Humanity is something only a kind and loving heart can possess." 

Thea's lip trembled as I grinned at her. She closed her eyes, sniffling. I wrapped my arms around her, letting her sob into my shoulder. I rested my head against her, looking upward to think of something that would ease her some more. And I started to grin at the thought of my next words.

Glancing at her head, I softly told her, "Maddox was always better at cheering you up, remember?"

She nodded, sniffling. 

"Course... that involved that horny fucker sticking his hands down your pants and I ain't down with that life, Thea, so---Oof!

 She'd punched me in the stomach and I laughed in the middle of catching my breath. I rubbed my stomach, glancing at her half-glare, half-sneer she was giving me. Thea pointed at me that I was being a little shit and that she hated me for trying to make her laugh in such a distressing time.

I shrugged a shoulder, looking upward that Maddox Sr. would have called me a little shit anyway, so---one---I wasn't offended. And that---two---it worked in making her laugh since she was no longer crying. 

My cousin and I stood there a minute longer, the mention of Maddox hitting us. 

The corner of Thea's lip tugged upward, her brown eyes tearing a little. She swallowed hard, tucking her hair behind her ear and then finally looked up at me as she mumbled, "Maddie always knew what to say..." 

I grinned a little, nodding in agreement, "Yeah. He did. Always knew the right thing to say when we needed it most." 

I watched the way Thea looked upward, her lip trembling as she tried to smile. 

"I miss him... a lot." 

"Me too, Thee... Me too." 

My cousin's brows furrowed, crossing her arms in front of her. Her gaze fell to the floor, shaking her head while venting to me that she thinks about that day a lot. When Maddox died. She huffed a breath, closing her eyes and frowned that it didn't turn out like it should have. That Maddox should have been standing right here with us right now. 

Swallowing again, Thea looked up at me. 

"I feel a little empty without him."

Tightening my jaw, I nodded, stepping closer to rest my hand on top of her head. I lowered to her eye level, sighing, "We're always going to feel that emptiness, Thea. It will always be filled with open ended questions of 'what ifs' but you have to understand that if Maddox was here right now... He'd tell you that he regrets nothing that day." 

Her eyes wide and tearful, I felt the lump in my throat. 

"He gave his life for Langley, Thea. And Eli... And the Six... and Dennison..."

I smiled, sighing, "And you. But I think Maddox went out with the redemption that he wanted. He left this world fighting for a better world between Hunters and Weres. He fought back when Langley was killed, Thea. It gave him the drive to finish his part here for the right reasons." 

I paused, thinking about how Maddox just wanted to feel human. He wanted to be what Thea was. Sure, it didn't work out with my cousin because Thea was still fighting herself for Dennison... but with Langley... With Langley, Maddox got to experience what he wanted. Even if it was short-lived. 

Resting my forehead against my cousin's again, I smiled, "Stop feeling guilty, Thea. Maddox would be pissed at you if he knew you were crying over him. He'd expect more from the half-blood Advanced Hunter whose son is in trouble." 

Thea frowned at me and I smiled more. 

"If you really want to make it up to Maddox, Thee... Then save Eli. Make God damn sure these assholes heading our way don't fucking touch him. Maddox would do anything for that kid and you know that. He'd made God damn sure that this upcoming fight would be to make sure Eli has a future."

Huffing a breath, I nodded, "Now... Are you going to get your head in gear or will I have to guilt you more with Maddox?"

Thea grinned at me, elbowing me a little and I laughed when she said that I was being rather philosophical lately. I shrugged a shoulder that perhaps Maddox left a little bit of his dumbass with me. Thea's nose scrunched, punching my shoulder and I slapped her hand after yelping out that that hurt!

"Good," she sneered, never really liking me talking badly about Maddox. 

However, it was my and Maddox's thing to talk shit with each other. So Thea was going to have to get used to me continuing to do so without him around. 

My cousin sighed, nodding that she was going to make sure that these strangers had another thing coming at them before they touched her son. She frowned, shaking her head that she wasn't going to go out without a fight. 

"I'd rather go out like Maddie if it means Eli will be safe. As well as Maddox." 

I grinned, ruffling her hair that made her growl at me for, and nodded, "Atta girl! There's the Thee I'm used to!" 

Again, she punched me. And I laughed. 

As I simmered, Thea pursed her mouth to the side and glanced at me when asking (as nonchalantly as Thea could), "So you and Easton, huh?"

I narrowed my eyes, sneering at her to lay off. My cousin smiled, shrugging a shoulder that she thought it was cute that Easton and I were being good friends. With my eyes squinting further at her, I waited for her to finish that thought. 

Thea smirked, raising a brow, "So when you lose it to him... are you going to be the top or bottom?"

"Fuck you, Thea!" I snapped, twisting away from my now laughing cousin. 

I muttered over my shoulder that I should have never come in here to comfort here and Thea laughed that she was joking. I scoffed, shaking my head and entered the living room where my Aunt Emeel and Mr. Dennison were heading towards the front door. They were bidding us good night, and that they'd be back tomorrow to discuss the watching over of Eli. 

Dennison nodded silently, that scowl of his in place before turning away and bending down to scoop up Eli from in front of his brother. The kid's head tipped backward and brows furrowed as he mumbled in his sleep. His father bent his head towards him, muttering softly to lull his son back to sleep which Eli did. 

He disappeared upstairs with his son, after asking my dad to bring Maddox up too. I waved my dad off, saying that I'd do it. My dad nodded, turning to head upstairs for bed. I looked over my shoulder when my cousin walked in and whispered if she'd like me to take Maddox. I replied that I was fine since I was already bending down to scoop the little guy up. 

Maddox groaned, frowning, then open his eyes a little. They sleepily blinked at me and sighed, "Cousin Kale...?"

"Yeah, Bud?"

Maddox sighed again, resting his head on my shoulder as I was climbing up the stairs. 

"Stay with me," he mumbled, wrapping his arm lazily around my neck. He fell asleep again and I glanced at Thea beside me once at the top of the stairs. She grinned at me, shrugging a shoulder that her son happened to like me a lot. 

"Says he likes to make sure you are okay." 

I rolled my eyes, grinning that he sounds like the person he was named after. 

Thea smiled, nodding, "Yeah. He does." then lifted her arms to take her son from me. Maddox groaned, frowning as he mumbled, "Noooooo, Mommy..." but his sleep pulled him back under. I grinned, brushing my hand against the little guy's soft hair before kissing his head. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Bud," I whispered, and caught Maddox's slight grin. 

After bidding her good night, I watched my cousin place her son inside the room Dennison was waiting outside of. The boys had there own room here that they shared, right beside their parents. Thea glanced my way, waving silently then led her husband into their room. Dennison looked my way, muttering his good night before shutting the door behind him. 

Trudging down the stairs seemed a lot harder than usual. Probably because of how drained I felt with finding out about Eli. So many thoughts were running through my head trying to figure out how to ensure his safety when having no clue exactly I should be watching out for. 

I ran my fingers through my hair, tilting my head back to take a small breath. 

It took about five minutes for me to lock the front door and windows, then shut off the lights. I glanced down to see Maddox's teddy bear on the couch. It was barely seen from the dim lighting of the lamp beside it. I picked it up, turning off the light and made my way down the hall to my room. 

My door shut behind me softly, me resting against it and I sighed heavily. Flipping my light on, I placed the bear on my desk then lifted my eyes before almost jumping out of my skin. 

The blond sitting on my bed was leaned back against the wall and had that usual gaze he gave me. 

"Fuckin' Christ, Easton! What the hell have I told you about doing shit like that!?" 

I huffed, feeling my heart beating so quickly. Swear I was going to end up clocking one in his face...

Easton continued to stare at me and I happened to glance at my window that was left open since the curtains were billowing a little in the light breeze. Frowning, I turned back to the Werewolf sitting as silent as when I first walked in. 

"Have you been sitting in here the entire time?"

Easton's shoulder shrugged, "Kinda."

Narrowing my eyes, I lowered my chin as I asked him what was wrong. 

Earlier, after finding out about my aunt's vision, Easton had excused himself so that we could all talk as a family. When I mentioned that he didn't have to go, Easton shook his head, scrunching his nose that it was fine. That he had something to take care of anyway. 

"I'll just see you tomorrow, Red."

I really wasn't expecting to see him again tonight. But I stand corrected. 

"Did you handle whatever you needed to...?" I asked, not sure of what other conversation topics to bring up. 

Easton shifted uncomfortably before nodding, then stared at the window. I narrowed my eyes at how closed off he was being again and was about to question him until he spoke first. 

"I went to see my sister."

Blinking, I stood there as Easton's brow lowered and his jaw slanted to the side. He went on to tell me that he'd been sitting there at the cemetery for hours with Langley. 

"She used to know what to say to me, you know? When I needed it most..." 

I didn't say anything. Just continued to stand there.

"I just sat there thinking about how all this shit is starting up again. That the last time there was fighting I lost my sister... She was taken so unfairly and I just..."

Easton growled, shaking his head and spat, "I just fuckin' hate that I'm here and she's not!"

I've noticed how rare it was for Easton to share his feelings. Since this friendship-slash-whatever-you-want-to-call-it started, he'd slowly express himself to me. I didn't mind... I really didn't. I just wish I knew what to say back to him. 

Easton's blue eyes shifted my way with that intense gaze of his. His  brows dipped deeply and I swallowed hard before finally finding word to say to him. 

"Is there anything I can do?"

Lame, Kale. Just laaaaaaame.

After a minute of staring at me, Easton growled through a sneer that yeah, there was something I could do. My brow rose when he was shoving onto his feet and making his way towards me. I bit my lip, stepping back until I bumped into my door again. 

I had no warning---not really anyway---when Easton bent to take my face in his hands and kissed me in this harsh way that made me wince. I hissed a breath at how rough he was being with pushing me against the door and thrusting his hips closer to mine. 

His fingers were tugging at my shirt and I frowned, pulling my head back to tell him to stop. He frowned back at me and I sighed that the news about Eli and Maddox seemed to be taking him back to his sister, and that he and I should talk about it instead of him man-handling me like he wanted to. 

"I don't wanna talk, Red, I just want to forget." 

Narrowing my eyes, I shook my head that this wasn't about him. That this was about Eli and Maddox. Easton rolled his eyes and I shoved him backward, pointing at him that he had to remember not everything was about him! 

"My cousins' lives are at stake here, Easton! And you're letting it get to your fuckin' head like this is about you! You have to understand that Eli and Maddox are here... not your sister!" 

Easton blinked and I frowned with my jaw clenching. The blond in front of me continued to blink until what I said hit him. He backed away a little, running his hand back over his hair and he turned to the side. 

Pursing my mouth to the side, I lowered a brow and walked towards him. He stared blankly in front of him until I reached up to turn his face to me. His blue eyes stared back and I sighed, "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings... making it seem that she didn't matter. She did. She really did. But Ease... She's not here right now. Langley isn't here. Eli and Maddox are. They are the ones that I need to help protect..."

I swallowed, stepping closer to him and he frowned a little at me doing this. Slowly, I wrapped my arms around his waist and turned my head to rest against his chest and side of his shoulder. My brows furrowed as I stared off to the side, muttering to him that I needed him to help me. That I didn't want him to pull away right now when I needed him.

It was quiet. Him not moving, nor saying anything. 

I wondered if I'd lost him for the moment. Like he was locked in his head again, but then he said something that made me sigh in relief. 

"You... You need me?"

I grinned, closing my eyes and found that I was snuggling further against him. 

"Yeah, Ease. I do. A lot." 

I felt the hesitation in his arms for a second then they wrapped around me, pulling me closer to him. Keeping my eyes shut, I mumbled to Easton if he'd stay tonight. That if he'd stay here so that I wouldn't feel alone. 

I heard him swallow hard and I pulled back a little to look up at him. Easton's frown made me lower a brow. After asking if he was alright, Easton nodded that he was. 

"So...?" I prodded. "Will you stay?"

Easton's blue eyes seemed softer this time around than when I first walked into my room. He was looking my face over, taking his time in doing so. He then nodded before muttering, "But only if we get pancakes tomorrow morning."

I grinned wide when he smirked at his proposition. I nodded that pancakes sounded great. 

When I pulled back from him, letting his arms drop to his sides, Easton glanced at my bed before looking at me. 

"Which side you want, Red?"

I looked at my bed then back to Easton. I shrugged that I didn't care and that it was up to him. He nodded a little, walking over to it and sat on the opposite side of where I was standing. He kicked off his shoes, reaching behind him to pull off his shirt. The shirt was tossed onto the floor by his shoes then he looked over his shoulder at me. 

My face felt hot from how he was staring at me and I glanced away before deciding to walk over to grab some pajama bottoms from my drawer. I returned to where I'd been standing so that I could change. I gave in to sneaking a peek over at Easton who was still in the same sitting position and eyeballing me. 

Frowning, I told him to stop staring. That it was rude.

Easton grinned, shaking his head as he turned away but only because he stood up to unbutton his jeans and remove them. He ended up sitting again, pushing him backward and shifting so that his back was against the wall behind him. His arms were crossed in front of his chest and I stood where I was with wide eyes. 

The blond's brow rose, glancing at the spot beside him and then back to me. 

"C'mon, Red. I'd say I won't bite, but we both know that's a fuckin' lie." 

I shot him a look, grumbling under my breath while shaking my head and marching over to where he was. Easton's brow rose, eyeing the proximity we were at. He grinned when I snapped at him to scoot over, that he was taking up more room than I liked. 

Easton chuckled, reaching over to grab my wrist and tugged hard. I yelped, falling halfway onto him before he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me on top of him. I sucked in a breath, feeling my face get hot again from me straddling him. 

The Werewolf  had his hands on my thighs, smirking up at me. 

Scrunching my nose, I grumbled, "You make me feel like a fuckin' girl, Easton." 

He laughed. Asshole.

He leaned forward, planting a kiss between my collarbones and sighed, "You're the one who wanted Baby Steps." 

I lightly punched his shoulder, scowling that he had to remember I was clueless with half this crap. That I wasn't used to doing things that I've done with him and he seemed to be taking advantage of that. 

"Yes," Easton mumbled against my neck since he'd already buried his face into it. "But knowing that you enjoy every fuckin' moment of it makes it worth while for that day---oh so very soon---where I'll be taking your virginity." 

There was an awkward squeaking noise I made in my throat and Easton laughed, his forehead against my chest. He tipped his head back, smirking that he was joking. Sort of.

I narrowed my eyes, sneering at him that I was in punching distance to his balls. Easton grinned, shaking his head that he knew I didn't really want to punch him in the balls. 

"Touch them probably, but not punch them."

"Easton!" 

He was in a much better mood than when he was first in here...

Easton laughed again, kissing me a second then sighed, "C'mon, Red! You had no problem this morning!" 

"That was different!" I snapped, not sure exactly how that was different from now. 

The blond's brow lowered, scrunching his nose. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I sighed and groaned out that he was such an asshole. I felt his hands against my sides, his fingers caressing up and down at a slow pace that had me close my eyes and shiver. 

Easton grinned, shaking his head slowly that I could not lie that I enjoyed how he made me feel. He bent forward kissing my shoulder and worked his way up and I sighed, tipping my head backward. He was still pressing kisses against my throat when muttering in between, "Imagine how good I could make you feel completely, Red." 

His words weren't exactly processing. I was too busy leaning my hips against his more which made him grunt and pull me closer. 

Once his words actually registered, I pushed against his shoulders a little to stare at him. Easton raised a brow, tilting his head a bit and he made it a point to say, "You'll end up giving in to me, Red. You know that, don't you?"

I did. I know that eventually, I was going to give Easton what he wanted. It was just the matter of after that was bouncing around in my mind. It also was how arrogant he was about it. Like he was irresistable. 

Perhaps he was... but that didn't mean I wasn't going to make him work for it. 

I sighed, frowning as I looked away and shrugged a shoulder as a response. I pushed off him, sitting on my side of the mattress and turned onto my side with my back to him. Staring straight ahead, I heard him sigh before getting up. He walked over to turn off the light before coming back to lie down. 

I think he knew I was a little annoyed because Easton's arm wrapped around my waist and was pulling me towards him. I tried to wiggle away but his grip became tighter and through grit teeth spoke against my ear, "I need this just as much as you do... remember?"

I stilled, blinking at the darkness then slowly relaxed just as his arm relaxed too. Easton rested his head closer to mine, sighing out that he didn't mean to upset me. That he forgets that he shouldn't be so blunt about things. I shrugged a shoulder. 

Easton sighed again, shaking his head before kissing the back of my neck and whispered into it, "I'm sorry, Red. Please remember..." 

He paused, and I glanced to the side, waiting for him to finish. 

"You're different." 

Two simple words. Just two... and I knew I was done for. 

    ❦ღ❦ ❦ღ❦ ❦ღ❦   

Aaaaaaand I'm back! I am debating on the length of this book to be quite honest... From the ideas flowing in, it seems like this might be just as long as its siblings. Seems. I don't know though. 

But I hope this holds you over until the next update even though it was a filler chappie. 

X's and O's,

SAMiAMiz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9M 636K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
55.8K 10.2K 105
Arabel Lee was tired of her boring life, even as a beloved celebrity. She wished for more, wished to return to the time when she wasn't the only one...
30.5K 2K 80
*COMPLETED* *MATURE READ* For seventeen-year-old Thea Saranto, her life in the small town of Blood Moon Falls is a boring kind of simple but she's ok...
233K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...