Tempting

By Sincerely_EAH

"I'm sure you want to taste me just as much as I want to taste you." "You're wrong, so get off of me." I said... More

Disclaimer
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
New Story!

Epilogue

77.9K 2.5K 826
By Sincerely_EAH

A loud crash sounded in the kitchen which caused me to leap into the air, dropping the dust rag I'd been cleaning with.

"Bianca!" I called. She poked her head out with an innocent smirk.

"Sorry, I was loading the dishwasher too quickly."

"Well slow down." I insisted.

Bianca cocked an eyebrow and put her hands on her hips.

"So now you want me to slow down? You were just telling me to speed up so the apartment would look perfect for Francisco."

I sighed and shook my head.

"It does need to look perfect but I'd like to have dishes by the end of the night for dinner." I was totally frazzled today since I was trying to get everything to look amazing, including myself, for Franciscos arrival in a couple hours from Portugal.

We'd been together for over a year now but I hadn't seen him in three months. Therefore, perfection was a must.

"I give up." Bianca threw her hands in the air. "Have fun cleaning alone bitch."

"I am not a bitch." I lied knowing that today I'd been exceptionally bitchy.

"Noela, would you please tell Anna to calm the hell down about your uncle coming to New York." Bianca said as Noela came down the steps with freshly bathed Honey in her arms.

Once Jason had moved out six months ago, Noela chose to fill the vacancy. She was a lovely roommate and even walked Honey everyday if I was too busy or if I forgot.

"Ew, what did we say about the 'U' word." I said to Bianca who perched herself on the sofa as a gesture of being officially done with my bossy behavior.

"Well your dog has been bathed. Thanks for forcing me to do it" Noela shook her head. "Is Francisco coming here for business or pleasure?"

"He's supposed to be here for business, but he set aside some time for pleasure and he's staying a couple extra days." I gushed.

"He's arriving in three hours so you should start getting ready."

"I would if I had a couple extra sets of hands." I said directly to the both of them. Bianca scoffed.

"Oh please, you ruined that privilege."

"Bianca, you broke a plate!"

"Because of you!"

"I didn't tell you to break it!"

"You might as well have with your crazy OCD bossy attitude!"

"Are you kidding me? I am not-"

Suddenly our heated argument was disrupted by the doorbell ringing. Honey let out a defensive bark. I let out a sharp exhale and went to answer. Who the hell could be demanding our attention at two o'clock in the afternoon?

When I opened the door I almost fell to the ground from both surprise and embarrassment. Francisco stood before me with a tailored black suit and a light jacket to combat the chilly November weather. His hair was smoothed to perfection and he greeted me with a glorious grin.

"Why were you yelling açúcar?" He asked. I couldn't even respond because my breath was caught in my throat.

"Because she was being a cleaning nazi." Bianca called from the sofa. "Hi Francisco." She greeted.

"Hi Bianca." He nodded in her direction. "Are you okay baby?" He asked me in a lower voice. Instead of answering, I jumped into his arms and embraced him tightly.

"I missed you so much." I said in a muffled voice since my mouth was in the crouch of his neck.

Francisco chuckled and stepped into the apartment with me dangling from his neck. Only when he shut the door did I detach myself.

"Oi tio!" Noela greeted with a short wave. He smiled in response then looked back at me.

"Are you surprised?" I nodded.

"Yeah, what are you doing here so early?"

"I took a private plane earlier so that I could surprise you and see you in your cute bleach stained shirt." He teased, taking my hand into his. I hit him playfully. My bleach stained shirt that he spoke of was coupled with an old pair of volleyball shorts and my hair in the messiest of ponytails.

"Well nothing is ready. I was going to make dinner, and look presentable. I even looked up the recipe for cherry pie."

"My favorite American dessert." He faked a frown.

"I know. It was supposed to be my surprise to you." I cast my head down, but Francisco wouldn't allow it. He tilted my head up and gave me a gentle kiss.

"All that can still happen açúcar." He held me close to him. "But right now I have something that I want to show you. Can you be ready in fifteen minutes?" I blinked twice at him.

"No." He chuckled.

"Can you try?" I nodded and disappeared back to my room.

My attire wasn't lavish as Francisco expressed that there was no need for it. So I wore a black scoop neck blouse, burgundy box pleated skirt, black heeled booties, and a camel coat. My hair went into a slicked ponytail.

"Ricardo mentioned you the other day." Francisco was saying to Bianca when I entered. "He'll be in New York for a show next week."

"Then I look forward to hearing from him." Bianca said nonchalantly flipping through an issue of Vogue. But despite her demeanor, I knew she was excited by the news. I'd caught her on FaceTime often with Ricardo and they'd even arranged to meet up during model related traveling overseas.

Francisco smirked, seeing right through her as well then he looked up and noticed me.
"Ready to go?"

We went down to the front of my apartment building where his driver waited outside of a silver Range Rover. Francisco helped me into the luxury vehicle first then followed in behind me.

"I swear Francisco, if you take me to some afternoon strip club I'll make you sleep on the sofa with Honey tonight." I joked, crossing my legs. He laughed and entwined his fingers with mine.

"Maybe another day." He winked at me. "By the way," he turned his body to address me and leaned close to my ear, "are you wearing panties?" I felt him smile which caused me to blush. His sexual nature would always arouse me.

"You'll have to find out for yourself." I whispered back.

"Mmm if you insist." He ran his hand up my leg slowly which ignited a gasp from my throat. It didn't faze him. He continued up until his index finger grazed the laced fabric that covered my mound. He let out a sigh and used his finger to move the fabric aside. "I can't wait to take these off Annabelle." He kissed my neck then removed his hands from between my legs.

"What if I don't want you to?" I asked, cocking my eyebrow.

"But you do want me to." He said simply which shut me up pretty quickly. He smirked knowingly.

"How's Metallic?"

"It's good. I've gotten much more freedom from Scott." He'd given me more frames to shoot and even put me in charge of the upcoming Holiday photoshoot.

"And I assume everything else is good as well?" I nodded. There were no complaints in my life. I lived with my two best friends and was with the man I loved. Yes, loved. We'd said it to each other this summer when I visited him in Portugal and it felt amazing! Surprisingly he'd said it first which helped me realize that I felt the same way. It was a perfect feeling that enhanced every day.

"What about you? Are you happy with that promotion you got?" I beamed.

"Ehh, it isn't very exciting. I may have to move farther than where I am now."

"Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that." Francisco loved living in Casçais and he'd expressed that he would hate to live anywhere else in Portugal. Long distance was already difficult but with Francisco unhappy in a new location it could be a lot worse.

"It's fine, they'll let me know by tomorrow at my meeting." He shrugged and peered out the window.

I followed his gaze and noticed that we were on the west side of Central Park.

"Francisco, why are we on the West Side?" I looked at him, but he didn't respond. "Francisco?"

"Yes Annabelle?"

"Why are we on the West Side?"

"We have to make a stop." He leaned forward and said something to the driver in Portuguese while pointing ahead.

"Francisco if this is a formal event I'm going to strangle you for not telling me to dress up." I rolled my eyes. He was dressed pretty well but I was so casual that I might as well be running to Starbucks for a macchiato.

I kept my eyes focused out the window as we pulled up to a row of brownstones that lines a sidewalk with trees that bursted with red, orange, and brown leaves. Furthermore, the house directly in front of us had vines crawling up the elegant architectural structure.

Was this where a family member of his lived? Would I have to impress them? No way, Francisco would've told me. So where were we? Maybe a coworkers home. That's what rich businessmen liked to do. Invite each other to their quaint brownstones for leisure drinks like whisky.

Francisco thanked the driver and got out of the car, opening the door for me to join him.

"Okay baby, I'm going to blind fold you now."

"What?"

"Calm down" he laughed. "Trust me, okay." I looked into his eyes and knew he could see that I was uneasy. But his warm gaze calmed me and when I nodded he smiled and tied the red satin blindfold around my head.

Then all I had to guide me were his soft yet firm hands which led me forward with certainty. I heard a door open and once again I was led forward. After a minute of being led by Francisco across hard wood floors that my heels clapped on causing several echoes, we finally stopped.

"Why did we stop walking?" I asked still gripping his hand tightly.

"I'm going to take this off Annabelle." He didn't answer my question, but I felt his fingers delicately untie the blindfold from my head. Once the silk fell, I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes and observed the room I was standing in.

It was a large space with lavender colored walls and long windows that overlooked a small yard with tons of greenery and lavender plants that complimented the walls.

However, the most enchanting part of the room was the single wall entirely covered by framed photographs. But not just any photographs. My photographs! Ones that I'd taken last year at the gala and several I'd done over the past year at Metallic. Some were black and white while others were in color which helped contrast the color of the room.

I took a couple steps closer to get a better view. What was all this? An entire room dedicated to my work! Were we at some high class art gallery on the Upper West Side where amateur work was featured?

I turned quickly around to Francisco who stood quietly with his hands in his pockets and his eyes focused on me.

"Wh-what is all of this?" I felt confused.

"I called Scott and had him send me your work so I could frame it."

"So we're at a gallery!" I looked around excitedly.

Maybe it was closed today but Francisco obtained access through connections. Though as quick as the thought entered my head it was completely shut down as I watched Francisco shake his head.

"No, açúcar." He smiled. "I did this for you. So you could have your own room for your photography."

"Why?" I asked entirely too confused.

"Because," Francisco began, approaching me and taking both my hands into his. I felt his hands shake.

"I mentioned that with my promotion I'll have to move."

"Oh, so you will have to move." I stated, taking a hard gulp of air down my windpipe. I didn't know what was happening but it made me nervous.

"Yes. They want me to move here-to New York."

"No way! That's amazing!" I gushed, squeezing his hands tightly. "But, what does that have to do with-all my photos?" Francisco smirked at me.

"I love you Annabelle and if I'm in New York, I want us to be together. So I bought this brownstone-for us." He said this in the most tender tone I'd ever heard from him.

As for me, I was speechless. Words couldn't leave my mouth and my eyes didn't blink.

What was he saying to me? This wasn't a gallery. This was our potential home. As in, for our future together? This was not the Francisco from a year ago and I had no idea what to say.

"I wanted to dedicate a room just for your beautiful work." He said when he realized I was stunned from his announcement.

I nodded and broke apart from his grip to slowly approach the nearest hallway. Maybe it was because a room full of my photographs overwhelmed me or maybe it was because I was subconsciously curious about the interior of the house.

Either way, I began to weave through the rooms. I didn't know what I was looking for, so I just kept walking while Francisco hung a few feet behind me.

I glided through the unfurnished areas where the floors were glossed to perfection and the detailing on the ceilings and walls were nothing short of immaculate.

When I got to the door of the backyard, which revealed those beautiful lavender flowers and a simple lawn set, I stopped and looked back at Francisco who had his hands tucked away while he leaned on a wall.

"Tell me what you're thinking." He demanded in a soft tone.

However, regardless of his tone, those words caused me to tear up while looking directly at him.

Francisco rushed over and had to bend a bit to get a good look at my face. Once he realized that tears were glistening under my eyes he pulled me close to him in a tight hug.

"Baby, don't cry. I'm sorry. If you don't like it then you won't have to live here. I'll start selling it early tomorrow morning." He said as a means of pleasing me since that's what he aimed to do.

But I wasn't crying because I hated the house. I was crying because I loved the house and the gallery and the man who was holding me in his arms lovingly. It overwhelmed me because no one had ever done something this nice for me and I didn't know how to react.

"No, no Francisco I want to live here-with you." I finally said, wiping my eyes gently. "I-I can't believe you did all this for us." I sniffled and looked around again in awe.

"So, you would want to live here!" He asked raising his brow.

"This can be ours?" I asked. Francisco nodded. "But you're use to living in a-palace."

"I don't want a palace Annabelle." He laughed. "I've lived in one of those for most of my life." He wiped a tear from my face with the pad of his thumb. "I want to start a new life- with you." Francisco bit his lip. "Is this what you want?" I leaned up to kiss him on the cheek and grinned.

"This is exactly what I want!" I grinned. "Thank you." Francisco lifted me into the air and spun me around once before looking into my eyes and setting me down.

"Well in that case, I have one more surprise."

"Another surpr-" I stopped as I noticed Francisco lower to one knee and reach into his pocket. "Uh-Francisco please tell me you-"

"Annabelle Lawrence, will you marry me?" The water works came again without warning and I could barely respond vocally. So I nodded my head like a chicken and held my hand out to him. Francisco smiled wide and I could tell that even he was on the verge of tears. But he held it together and placed a rose gold band with a circular stone on my ring finger.

"That's a yes right?"

"Yes, yes, it's a definite yes!" I finally said, grabbing his face and kissing him deeply.

"Annabelle, you've made me the happiest man alive." He touched my cheek gently and kissed it. His words warmed my entire body causing my heart to beat faster. It was all too perfect and I knew that his words meant everything.

"If we keep being gushy I'll get more emotional." I admitted, wiping my eyes. Francisco smiled and nodded. "My face is getting red and ugly."

"Never ugly" He shook his head.

"Either way, let's celebrate."

"Celebrate? I have the perfect idea." Francisco wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to walk alongside him through our new home.

"Which is?"

"Remember how we broke in my bed at the hotel last year?" I nodded, knowing exactly where this could be heading.

"Yeah, I remember."

"Well, how about we familiarize ourselves with the entire house today." He purred as we stopped by the stairs.

"But there're like nine rooms in this place!"

"Then we better get to it." He winked. "Where should we start?"

I looked around for a moment then snapped.

"The kitchen!" Francisco laughed and began to shrug off his jacket. "But we should avoid the pantry." I teased.

"By all means." Francisco added. I giggled at a joke that would be ours forever.

"This is why I love you açúcar." He reached to unhook my bra under my shirt and planted a kiss right on my lips.

"I love you too." I wiggled out of my skirt before Francisco hoisted me up and carried me to the kitchen so that we could ravage each other in our own New York palace.

Thank you for all the support with this story! I hope you all liked this happy ending!

I have another romance story in the works right now that I plan to publish soon on Wattpad so if you enjoyed this mature story then you'll most definitely enjoy my next one ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 542 16
When my dad told me his best friend was finally returning back to his hometown, I expected him to be someone who got me bored with a word, not the on...
948K 29.5K 29
He startled me when his hands gripped my hips pulling me into his body, my hands resting on his warm chest. I looked up to find him staring at me, bu...
85.1K 3.5K 21
"You think you have such a smart mouth, don't you?" She said, so sweetly. So quietly. So deviously. I crossed my arms, the muscles in my arms jumped...
1.3M 51.1K 49
"So serious all the time. Ever smiled?" No reaction. "Ever laughed, warden?" Not even a tilt of lip. He simply sat there. Looking at her blandly...