Turning Page: The Beginning [...

By Alliex

Dawn Foster wakes up in an unfamiliar place, an Institute for Supernatural Beings. She then learns her nightm... More

Turning Page: The Beginning
Greetings from the Vampire
Escape
Fragile Little Human
Take Me Home
Sweet Dreams are Made of This
I'm Still Breathing
Look What You've Done
What If I Told You
Disturbia
Held Between Heaven and Hell
Freaks Like Me
Don't You Ever Wonder How We Survive?
I Was Broken
The Truth
Dead Memories
If We Ever Meet Again
Waking Up
Carry You Home
Things My Father Wrote
The Beginning of the End
Evil Angel
So it Begins
How You Remind Me
Tales of a Demon
Throwing Sticks and Stones
Gone
Always Together
The Ritual

Sleeping Beauty

1.6K 42 14
By Alliex

A/N: Hi guys :) Thank you to everyone who has read this story and has supported me up to this point. I just wanted to let everyone know that the start of this chapter might be a little disturbing at some points so if you are a bit squeamish then you have been warned! Anyway, enjoy! :) Allie xx

Dante's P.O.V

I watched in horror as Dawn fell to the ground. I slowly lifted my gaze to Jared. He just smirked at me. I was going to wipe that smirk right off of his face. He was going to pay for what he'd just done to her.

I then gathered as much of my Vampire strength as I could. I stabbed my elbow into Aaron's stomach with blinding force. I heard him grunt in pain. His grip loosened on my arms. This was my chance. I turned to him and smacked him in the face, sending him to the ground. I stared at Aaron's unconscious body for a moment before turning my attention back to Jared.

"What did you do to her?!" I almost yelled at him.

"Like I said, if I can't have her no one can" he answered.

I shot forward and grabbed the collar of his shirt. I slammed him into a near by tree, pinning him there.

"What have you done?!" I growled loudly at him.

He just smirked at me. Okay now he was really pissing me off. I punched him in the face, causing his head to turn to the side slightly. I saw his expression change to anger as he turned to me again. He then brought his knee up to connect with my stomach. I groaned and doubled over. He then took this opportunity to smack me in the face. I fell back onto the ground.

"You've fallen in love with her, a human. You're a pathetic excuse for a Vampire. Humans are nothing but bags to keep our blood warm and fresh. I'm surprised you didn't crack. I mean her blood is Delicious" he said.

I growled at him. I wouldn't let him talk about Dawn like that.

"Am I right when I heard you love April?" I asked, rising to my feet.

"love? Ha! Don't make me laugh. She is just like her sister" He replied.

He then turned to the right "I mean, would I have killed her of I loved her?"

I followed his gaze to see April's lifeless body a few meters away. Her neck was ripped open. I then looked at him.

"You are a monster" I glared.

"Aren't we all?" He laughed.

It was at that moment I lost it. I ran  at him and smacked him in the stomach. He bent over in pain. I grabbed his head and twisted it. I heard a crack. I then pulled his head clean off. I threw his dismembered head into one of the near by fires. His body fell to the ground and disappeared into ash. I stepped over it as I made my way over to Dawn.

I fell down onto my knees in front of her. I picked her up in my arms and held her close. I buried my face into her hair. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what he'd done to her.

I then felt a presence behind me. From the vibes they were giving off I knew it was Tyler.

"Is she...dead?" I heard him ask.

"No she's not" I said, lifting my head.

"How can you tell?" He asked.

"I can still hear her heartbeat" I whispered as I moved a strand of her hair away from her beautiful face.

"We need to get out of here Dante" Tyler said.

I rose to my feet with Dawn still in my arms. I held her close to me as we began to make our way back to the house. I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard someone laughing. Tyler and I turned round to see Aaron on the ground.

"Looks like it wasn't a happy ending after all. You still couldn't save her" Aaron grinned, evilly.

"You stay away from us. You are no longer welcome in my house " I glared at him.

"Come on Dante. He's not worth it. Don't waste your time" Tyler urged me to keep going.

Tyler and I began to walk again.

"You know you still can't save her! She's gone!" He laughed as we walked away.

I ignored him. I thought he was my friend, my brother. I'd never suspect him of anything like this. He betrayed not only me, but Dawn too and now for my stupidity of not reading between the lines, she paid the price for it.

I set Dawn down on her bed when we returned to the house. I turned on the small lamp on the bedside table.

"Dante, maybe you should change her out of those clothes. They're dirty and ripped" Tyler's voice suggested from the doorway.

I slowly nodded. I moved over to the wardrobe and pulled open the doors. The only thing I could find was a Purple dress. I lifted it out of the wardrobe and closed the doors. I pulled the hanger off of it and set it down.

Tyler gave me some privacy as I changed Dawn's clothes. Like a true gentleman I didn't stare at her body. I wasn't like that. I couldn't understand how anyone could take advantage of someone like that. It made me sick.

I managed to put the dress on her with out any problems. I gently lay her back down, making sure she'd be comfortable.

I pulled over the chair in the room next to her bed and sat down on it. I took her pale hand in mine. I kissed the back of her hand softly.

"What happened to you, Love?" I asked.

"I can explain" Tyler said, entering the room slowly.

I looked over at him as he walked in. He did use to work for Jared. He knew what he did behind closed doors. He was the best person to speak to about this.

"When I was with Jared at ISB he had the lab experts come up with some sort of liquid. A dangerous one. He began to test it on all kinds of creatures. Vampires, Werewolves etc but it killed the Werewolves and turned the Vampires insane. He wouldn't stop until he got it right. I guess he finally got it perfect. Now he's used it on Dawn" Tyler explained.

"What are the effects of this liquid?" I asked, terrified of what his answer would be.

"What's happened to Dawn is all the Cells in her body have been frozen. Everything has been shut down. Everything except her heart. This is to keep the blood flowing, to keep it fresh. It's like she's in a coma but I don't think..." He trailed off.

"You don't think what Tyler?" I asked.

"I don't think she'll ever wake up" He said, his voice cracking a little.

I could tell he was upset. It was affecting him too. I gazed over at Dawn lying there.

"Can she hear us talking?" I asked.

"It's doubtful but that doesn't mean she can't" He answered.

I ran a hand through my already messy hair. This couldn't be happening. She had to wake up eventually. She couldn't be like this forever.

"I'm so sorry Dante" I heard Tyler whisper.

I turned to look at him but he had already left the room. I stared at the empty doorway for a few minutes, trying to wrap my head around all of this. I shouldn't have let her step foor in this house when she first knocked on the door. I should have just taken her back to earth. She wouldn't have been part of this mess. She would have lived a happy life. Even if it meant I was to spend the rest of eternity alone.

I looked at her lying there, still. The color had left her cheeks. She was nearly as pale as I was. The color of her Black hair was beginning to fade slightly. I could only tell this because of my heightened vampire senses. Any human wouldn't have noticed those changes.

I leaned over and stroked her cold cheek. Even now she was still beautiful. I took her hand in mine once more.

"I uh... I don't know if you can hear me or not" I began to speak to her.

I hoped she could hear me, somehow. Maybe I was crazy but crazy was all I had now. Dawn wasn't here anymore. She was gone.

"Maybe I'll never see you smile again. Maybe you'll never wake up. Maybe I won't see your beautiful eyes again but I will always love you. I will always be here by your side" I said, tears forming in my eyes.

I kissed the back of her hand again and leaned my forehead on it "I just let you slip away"

The tears began to fall down my face. The last time I had cried was they day she left. The day she was cast out. I thought that was the worst day of my life but I was wrong. Today I just want time to end. Life without her? It means nothing.

I stood up and sat down on the edge of the bed. I stroked her face again. I felt so helpless.

"You don't quite know how much you mean to me. It's funny actually when we first met you were sixteen and the first thing you said to me was that I was a Vampire. You knew straight away. You were extraordinary" I said, a slight chuckle escaping my lips.

"That first day I knew I loved you" I whispered, more tears escaping.

I reached into my pocket and pulled a small box from my pocket.

"I wanted to give you this when the time was right but I'm not sure if I'll be able to give you it at all" I said.

I grabbed her left hand and slid the silver right onto her wedding finger. It was perfect on her. I kissed her hand softly and placed it back down. I stood up and gently kissed her forehead.

I couldn't settle for this. There had to be a cure. I bet anything Aaron knew where it was.

I began to make my way to the door. He was going to pay for the part he played in this. He wasn't getting away. I stopped and turned to look at her one last time.

I then opened the door and closed it behind me, leaving her in there. The love of my life, my everything, my Sleeping Beauty.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

832 25 32
Angels and demons, the classic dichotomy of good and evil. It's easy to leave it at that, but have you ever met one or the other? If you could, would...
347 36 35
(Finished first draft of Mindless) Jenna hasn't had a very different life from many other foster. But when she runs away from the life she always kne...
49 30 13
Tilia June, a young woman with a dark forgotten past, sees her life turned upside down after a road accident. Desperate, following the death of the l...
16 0 10
Have you ever tried to imagine something before going to bed? I mean, something imaginative like a story. Growing up, I read plenty of books and ofte...