Married to the TV Psychologis...

Od life_girl01

When Robin married Philip twenty years ago, she never would have imagined what their life would bring. After... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Coming Soon!

Chapter 14

13 0 0
Od life_girl01

Today was the baby shower for our little girl. I got ready and Philip was waiting downstairs.

I said, "Good morning!"

He said, "Good morning", and then we kissed.

We sat down and had breakfast before we left for the baby shower.

On our way to the baby shower I got a call from my sister Cindi. I started getting worried whenever I saw that.

**ON THE PHONE**

R=Robin
C=Cindi

R: Hello.
C: Do you know when you and Phil will be here?
R: Right now we are stuck in traffic. If I had to guess I would say 25 minutes.
C: Well, the cake is here and they can't get in since you have the key.
R: We will get there as fast as we can.
C: Ok. See you soon!
R: Bye!

**NO LONGER ON THE PHONE**

Philip asked, "Who was that?" We approached a red light, so he grabbed my hand.

I said, "It was Cindi. She said that the cake has already arrived and I forgot to give her the key so they are waiting on us now."

He said, "Good thing we are only a few minutes away.

I just smiled.

We arrived at the venue. I grabbed the key from my purse and greeted the person delivering the cake.

I unlocked the hall and I said, "Just set it on that table."

He did so and I said, "Thank you!" 

The man just walked out. My sisters, their husbands and Philip were here to help us finish decorating.

I said, "Here is the sheet that I wrote how I want the tables set up, so if the guys could do this and then the girls could help me unload the car."

The guys set the tables up and we got the car unloaded.

After about 20 minutes of starting to decorate I saw someone start to walk in. I got nervous that guests were arriving super early. It was just the caters.

I said, "Hi!"

They asked, "Where would you like the food?"

I said, "Let's put it in the kitchen."

The caterers put all of the food in the kitchen. It was already 11:30 and the party was starting at 12:30. I started to get worried. I walked into the kitchen and Philip followed me in.

He asked, "Are you ok?"

I shook my head no.

He asked, "What is wrong?"

I said, "I am super stressed. It is almost 11:45 and guests are arriving from 12:00-12:20. It's not going to be ready in time."

Philip pulled me in for a hug and started rubbing my back.

He said, "Everything will be fine. We are almost done", he followed that by a kiss on the head.

I started wiping tears away from my eyes.

Philip asked, "Are you feeling better?"

I nodded my head yes.

He said, "I love you!"

I said, "I love you too!", and then we kissed.

We walked back out into the main area and the room was decorated.

After about 10 minutes, I saw Jay and Jordan walk in.

I said, "Hey guys!"

Jay gave me a hug and said, "Hi mom!"

Jordan gave me a hug and said, "Hi!"

I asked, "What are you boys doing here? You told me that you weren't coming."

Jay said, "Dad convinced us to come."

I turned around and faced Philip.

He grabbed my waist and I put my arms around his shoulders.

I said, "You are doing great with your surprises", and then we kissed.

Jordan started to make gagging noises.

I said, "Jordan, you do that every single time that we kiss.

Our guests started arriving. Once everyone was seated Philip and I stood up.

Philip said, "Hi everyone! Welcome to the baby shower for Baby McGraw. We just want to thank you for coming on out and especially to the men who got dragged here. I know that baby showers aren't as fun for the guys as they are for the ladies, but we will have a great time today. The food is set up over there, so we will let Robin lead us and everyone can just follow us for the meal."

I grabbed Philip's hand and we walked over to the buffet station. Everyone got their food and sat down to enjoy the meal.

I was sitting with Philip, Jay, Jordan, my parents and his parents.

Philip's mom asked, "Robin, when are you going to stop wearing heels? It isn't really appropriate for someone who is pregnant to wear heels."

Everyone that was sitting there was shocked at what she just said.

I said, "I'm going to excuse myself real fast."

I got up and walked into the hallway of the venue. My sisters saw me there starting to cry.

My sister Cindi asked, "Robin, what is wrong?"

I said, "I can't take it anymore."

She asked, "Take what anymore?"

I said, "Philip's mom just insulted me and I'm done with it. This is supposed to be a time for the two families to celebrate a new little one and she just flat out told me that it wasn't appropriate for me to be wearing heels since I was pregnant."

She said, "Oh my goodness Robin. I'm so sorry!"

She came towards me for a hug and said to my oldest sister, Karin, "You need to get Phil."

Karin left and got him. He always made me feel comforted when I was upset.

My sister walked up to Philip and said, "Sorry to interrupt, but Phil, Robin needs you now."

Philip said, "I will be back in a minute."

Karin was talking to Philip as they approached me.

Karin said, "Robin is really upset. Cindi is with her now, but she was bawling her eyes out."

Philip tapped Cindi's shoulder and gave her the sign to step out of the way. He sat by me and put his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

Philip asked, "What is the matter baby?"

I know that he obviously knew what happened.

I said, "Your mom doesn't like me."

I started to cry some more, so Philip said, "Let's talk in the kitchen."

Cindi and Philip grabbed my hands and walked into the kitchen with me.

When we got in the kitchen I couldn't control my emotions.

Philip said, "I'm sorry for what my mother said. She can be on that doesn't realize what she said didn't sound rude."

I said, "I know, but I feel like ever since we told our parents that I was pregnant that she has been extra rude to me. Recently, she has been criticizing me on how I am parenting our sons."

He said, "I had no idea that she was saying that to you. When was this happening?"

I said, "Well, when we would all have dinner together and we would be waiting on you she would be telling me these things."

While, Philip and I were talking in the kitchen my parents were talking to Philip's parents.

My mom asked, "Anne, was that really necessary to judge Robin?"

Anne, who is Philip's mother, said, "She is going to have a baby in 5 weeks. She needs to start dressing like a mother."

Jay and Jordan noticed that what they were saying wasn't right.

Jay said, "Well, please excuse Jordan and myself."

They got up and found Karin.

Jay asked, "Where is mom and dad at?"

My sister said, "In the kitchen."

Jay and Jordan approached the kitchen. I heard the door start to open, so I thought that it was my parents coming in. It was a sigh of relief when I saw that it was Jordan and Jay.

Jay said, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but both grandmas are going at it."

Philip said, "Ok, we can deal with that in a minute. We need to get Robin's emotions under control."

Jordan asked, "Well, how do we do that?"

Philip said, "Jay and Jordan, make sure no one comes in here. Cindi, distract everyone."

Everyone did their jobs. I started to feel better.

Philip asked, "Better?"

I said, "Better."

He grabbed a paper towel and helped me wipe away my final tears and any smeared makeup.

He said, "I love you!"

I said, "I love you too", and then we shared a kiss.

We walked back into the main room holding hands.

Philip said, "Thank you Cindi for speaking. Well, let's start with a game for the ladies."

I cut Philip off.

I said, "Actually, we are going to start this differently."

Philip was obviously confused.

I said, "All of the adult men that are here, please come to the front and sit in a chair if you came with a date which means a wife or girlfriend."

Philip whispered to me, "Me too?"

I noded my head yes with a smile on my face.

I said, "Now, all of the ladies, if your husband or boyfriend is up here then I need you to come up to the front."

Once all of the ladies were up in the front, I said, "Ladies follow me. Men you stay there."

I walked out into the hallway of the venue and said, "So, we are going to play a game that doesn't really relate to the baby shower. The game is called, 'Where is my Baby?'. So, the men are going to be blindfolded and we are all going to go to different spots in the room and the goal is to see if your significant other can recognize your voice. Any questions?"

The women shook their heads no and we walked back into the room.

I said, "Now, I need all of my special helpers up here."

My special helpers were my sons and my nieces.

I said, "I am going to hand the mic over to Jay now."

Jay got the mic and said, "Ok. So this game is called, 'Where is my Baby?'. So, the men are going to be blindfolded and the women are all going to go to different spots in the room and the goal is to see if your significant other can recognize your voice. So, men this is a make it or break it moment. Men, do you have any questions?"

None of the men had questions.

Jay said, "Ok, special helpers please blindfold the men."

The men all got blindfolded and Jay said, "Alright ladies, go spread out."

I went and stood at one corner of the room.

Jay said, "I forgot to mention this, but men when you locate the lady that you think is yours, if you are correct they will kiss you back. If you are incorrect, then you will be shoved away. So, when you think you have located your lady, pucker up. Ladies, are you ready?"

The ladies said, "Yep!"

Jay asked, "Men, are you ready?"

The men said, "Sure."

Jay said, "On your mark, get set, and go!"

All of us ladies were screaming our man's name.

I saw Philip coming towards me and when he was two feet away from me, he turned around.

I screamed, "Philip! Come back!"

After I screamed that seven times, he realized it was me and turned around.

Philip puckered up his lips and I kissed him back.

Jay said, "And we have a winner! All men take off your blindfolds. The winning couple is mom and dad!"

I grabbed the microphone from Jay and said, "Thank you everyone for playing!"

After a few more games it was time for presents. I sat in the middle of the room and started to open my presents from our guests. The biggest shock was after I opened every present.

Philip said, "Now, there is one more present, but it isn't physically here."

I was confused at what he was saying.

He continued saying, "Robin, stand up."

I stood up and I grabbed Philip's hand and we approached the door some.

He said, "Ok, present come on in!"

I was surprised at what came in. My brother was a veteran who has been deployed for almost 2 years. My brother came in the door with flowers. In the beginning, I thought it was for his wife, but it was for me. He came towards me and we hugged. I had tears in my eyes.

I said, "I am so happy that you are home."

He said, "I'm happy to be home."

He handed me the flowers.

Philip gave him a hug and said, "Thank you for helping with this surprise."

My brother said, "It was my pleasure."

Philip said, "For those of you who don't who this is. This is Rodger who is Robin's twin brother. He has been deployed for almost two years."

Rodger said, "I am so happy that I could surprise Robin today. I am happy to announce that I will be here for 4 months. So, Robin I will be here when your baby is born."

I was in shock because he told me that he was going to be leaving before our baby would be born.

We enjoyed the rest of the baby shower talking with friends and enjoying ourselves.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to follow me, vote for my story, and comment! Have a great day!

xoxo, 

life_girl01

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

67.7K 2.1K 21
In the beginning she was alive, her soul bare for this man, loved him with every fiber of her being. She was willing to give up everything that she h...
47 0 18
You know the story of Endless Love and Boundless Love but Isn't love like fate? All Seraphina Gilbert wanted was to feel safe and loved in a world th...
392 44 42
Sadah is hiding many secrets,thoughts and mysteris in her head.And fortunately she want's nothing to do with anyone except study and keeping her moth...
633 1 56
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HAPPILY EVER AFTER... Nora Tate, now Bartlet, dreamed of having the kind of love she's read about in romance novels. With her paren...