Traditional. [Jasper Hale]

De SiriuslyStilinski

"i was just a casualty to you. isn't that right, major?" "you know that you were so much more than that." "do... Mais

Epigraph
Cast
i. On the Run
ii. Memories
iii. Confronting the Past
iv. It's Only Baseball
v. Seeing Red
vi. The Chase
vii. Lost Cause
viii. Mangled, Not Broken
ix. In the Neighborhood
AN
AUTHORS NOTE

x. Not My Scene

19.4K 454 100
De SiriuslyStilinski

Florence had just finished clasping the back of her left earring closed when she stepped back and looked in the mirror as she smoothed out her emerald green ballroom dress. Pinning back her bangs, she had decided that her appearance was to her satisfaction.

She searched for her clutch while she shoved her taupe heels on, one shoe at a time. Not finding it in her bedroom, she expanded her search to the living room, where she eventually found it under one of the throw pillows. 

As soon as her clutch was in her hands, a multitude of knocks sounded from behind her cedar door. Checking her watch for the time, she saw that he was an hour early. Smiling to herself, she was proud that she knew him well enough to know that he would be here long before the actual set time. 

Walking to the door, she adjusted her dress before opening it. She was met with a head of blond hair and a self righteous smirk, "Sorry I'm early."

Florence opened the door a bit further and gestured for Jasper to come in, to which he complied. Florence shut the door behind him as she laughed, "See, usually on dates I hear the opposite."

"What can I say," Jasper began, "I just can't seem to stay away from the lovely Florence Flannery."

"Well, you're lucky that I know you well enough to get ready early," Florence smiled.

"Are you ready to go?" Jasper asked.

Florence glanced around, picked up her phone before confirming that she was ready. The car ride to the school was spent in comfortable silence with Jasper's right hand clasped in Florence's left. When the BMW's engine came to a roaring halt, Jasper spoke up, "Are you sure you really want to do this, Flor?"

"Uhm, yea, of course," Florence tried to convince either him or herself, she couldn't exactly tell which one.

"It's just that I know Rose and Alice kind of talked you into it," Jasper began, lightly rubbing circles on the back of her hand with his thumb, "I don't want to force you to do something you don't feel comfortable doing."

"Well," Florence began, "Isn't this what highschool girls are supposed to want?"

"Maybe," Jasper chuckled, "But, you've been to highschool enough to get tired of mundane proms. Besides, the whole big dance ordeal was never your scene."

"Believe it or not, I've never been to a prom," Florence admitted.

Jasper smirked, "Well in that case, I'm honored to be the first to take you."

"Thirty minutes," Florence deadpanned.

"That's all I ask," Jasper said before getting out of the car and opening the passenger's door to help Florence out of the car.

Jasper wrapped his right arm around Florence's back as she nuzzled into his right side, one hand on his chest. It was a humid night, and the stars were gleaming. Florence stopped walking just before the entrance to the school's gymnasium where they were supposed to be taking pictures.

Jasper halted by her side, "What's wrong, Flor?"

After a moment of silence Jasper spoke up again, "Is it the dance? Because you know we really don't have to go, forget Alice and Rose's peer pressure."

"No, no," Florence reassured, "It's just, I don't know. Being out here, with you, under the stars about to go into a high school dance - it's like everything is finally falling into place."

Jasper smiled down at Florence before kissing her lightly, "I feel the same way. Now, let's get a picture together so Esme can obsess over it later."

When Jasper and Florence walked into the sweaty gym, the smell of teenage hormones practically surrounded them. The couple walked in front of the stereotypical silver streamer background before getting their picture snapped. Florence set the picture in her clutch after the balding man handed it to her with a dazed look like he would rather be anywhere but here.

Florence looked to the dance floor and saw Bella and Edward slow dancing. She glanced at a table where Rose and Emmett sat before pulling Jasper over towards the couple. 

"By the way you talked the dance up, I would've thought that you'd be burning up on the dance floor by now," Florence directed towards Rose, who looked stunning in her light pink mermaid gown.

Emmett smirked as Rosalie pouted, "She refuses to be on the same dance floor as Bella."

"Can't say I blame you," Florence began, glancing across the gym to the happy dancing couple, "With the way she's dancing, it might actually be a hazard."

"Well are you a daredevil enough to undergo that hazardous task?" Jasper asked Florence with his hand outreached.

Florence sighed, "One dance, then we leave."

"That's my girl," Jasper smiled, leading her out to the middle of the gym as people gawked at their immortal beauty.

"So, do you just like deal with the stares?" Florence asked as Jasper put his hands on her hips.

"They get old," Jasper replied as Florence reached her arms up to allow her hands to rest on his shoulders.

Even in heels Jasper was a good four inches taller than Florence. The two dropped the conversation they were having and began gazing into each other's eyes. The scene was romantic enough to make Nicholas Sparks cry. As Florence glanced into Jasper's honey irises, she wondered what the odds of her finding her old flame were. 

For all she knew before six months ago, Jasper had died in battle in 1864. Him being here with her in his arms felt too surreal, like she needed someone to pinch her and remind her that it wasn't another unattainable dream of him. Of all the places in the world that she could have run to, she by chance chose Forks. It was a right time, right place phenomenon that she would continue to feel blessed about taking place.

With all these thoughts swirling in her mind, the only thing that Florence could verbalize to convey them was a simple, "I love you, J."

Jasper's smile widened as he pushed a fallen strand of brown hair back behind her ear, "I never stopped loving you, Flor, please believe that."

Florence nodded, "Just - don't leave me again, ever."

Jasper stopped their swaying to grab Florence's face with both of his hands, forcing her to gaze right into his eyes, "I won't, that's a promise."

The mood was ruined when Florence got stepped on by Bella as Edward swayed them past the couple. Bella muttered out a simple, "Sorry." before Edward whisked them out of ear range. 

"How has that girl's clumsiness and stupidity not led to a premature death?" Florence wondered aloud. 

"Because Edward's always there to save her now," Jasper stated.

"How unfortunate for mankind," Florence joked. 

"What do you say we get out of here?" Jasper suggested, knowing that Florence had had more than her fill of the dance, especially after being stepped on by one of her least favorite people alive. 

"I'd like that."

Florence and Jasper ended up spending the night in the treetops overlooking the beach. Florence was snuggled into Jasper's side and, as the night progressed, the couple still sat in silence, taking in the beauty of the world together. That was enough for them, that would always be their scene. Worries of Victoria melted out of the couple's minds as they held each other for dear life. 

Their minds reflected the quietness of the night, calm and somber, but all good things must come to an end. 

***

(UNEDITED)

(WORD COUNT 1,236)

A/N: The end, I'm still unsure as to whether or not I will write a sequel. Let me know your thoughts on the subject please.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

417K 8.8K 28
"He was fire. Wild, untamed, and bold. She was ice. Cold, tamed, and collected. She was the Ice Queen and she only melted for him." {Book One of the...
12.2K 468 12
❝𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝❞ - 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚 𝐙𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐚 · · · In which Vivien...
108K 2.2K 22
Twilight to Breaking Dawn Emmett Cullen x OC