The Betrothed (BoyxBoy)

By panda_lover____

Tyler Lewis is a 17-year-old openly gay boy who's been heartbroken so many times. After finding a new "love"... More

Author's Note
Prologue ✔️
I.
II.
III.
IV.
VI.
VI. *Special*
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
X. *Special*
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIII. *Special*
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
Afterword
#NoMoreBullying
The Betrothed: Book 2 [NOW UP]

V.

110K 3.5K 1.5K
By panda_lover____

* This chapter may or may not contain grammatical errors and typos. *

Tyler's POV

The plane ride was boring. I didn't have much to do onboard and I got stuck next to a fat guy it became too hard for me to get out of my seat just so I can use the toilet. I sent my last message to Scott not expecting a reply, because I don't have roaming on my cell so even if he does text back, I wouldn't receive it.

Our plane is about to land in fifteen minutes and I can honestly say that I'm scared shítless. I don't know what to expect from this Hunter person and I don't even know how he looks like. I don't know if I'll like his personality. He better not be an ass. If I have to live with him for a whole years just so I can prove to my parents that we will never work, he at least has to be someone I can tolerate.

It's my first time being out of the country throughout my whole seventeen years in this world and I must say that this is a nice change. I'm starting to love the look of the city even though it doesn't look exactly like it does in the movies. I moved quickly to the luggage claim and waited for my stuff to pass by and then I grabbed them and headed for the door.

Wait, I'm supposed to be meeting this Hunter person here at a café in the airport somewhere. Good, at least I can have my coffee fix to make me feel better about this whole thing even if it's just a little bit. I wandered around the airport for a bit to look for the damn café but I can't find it anywhere.

Five minutes later, I finally found a café although I'm not sure if this was where we were meeting. I didn't care though. I just wanted my coffee so I went inside and got in line to order a cup.

"I'll take a medium black coffee," I told the clerk. She quickly turned around, grabbed an empty cup and filled it with black coffee. She handed it to me and I walked to the mixing station so I can add some creamer and sugar.

When the coffee is finally up to par with my taste, I continued wandering around. I looked around the café and found some interesting pictures of people who've visited this specific establishment. Then I overheard someone talking a few feet away from me. Me dying of boredom, I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Yeah, he's probably the whore of his town. Gay teens like him are very hormonal, he probably can't even keep his díck in his pants," said the stranger.

I gave him a once over and found him very attractive. He had a beard going on along his jawline and his brown locks were wavy against the top of his head. I he had this deep sexy voice that I wouldn't mind hearing in my dreams and beautiful blue eyes. Too bad his personality was kind of bad. I feel bad for the person he's badmouthing.

"C'mon man, he can't be that bad," the other guy said.

Completely drawn to their conversation, I took a seat on the table that was nearest to them so I can get a better listen. They didn't seem to notice me trying my best so I can hear them.

"Seriously, I don't think he's as good as my parents have told me he was. You can hit on him or console him as long as you keep him away from me,"

"No, man. He's your fiancé. And I'm not a guy" the woman chuckled. "Don't be so mean, he came all the way here for you!"

"Pssh, I don't care."

"It's not that hard. All you have to do is say 'Welcome home, Tyler!' and give him a warm smile. Make him feel at home."

I almost choked on  my drink when I heard what the woman just said.

"Why the hell should I welcome him?" the guy hissed.

"Who knows? Maybe he's sexy enough to turn you gay," the woman said. She noticed me quietly drinking my coffee and gave me a small wave followed by a smile. I think she has a thing for me, but too bad I'm not straight.

"Hah! I seriously doubt that. If he can't even find a man who has the hots for him over there in London, what makes you think he'll be hot enough to turn me gay?"

With every word that this Hunter guy spat out, I felt deeper and deeper hatred for him. I wanted to strangle him so bad and make him beg for forgiveness. I felt my face go red and teeth clench. I wanted to walk up to him and slap him in the face, but I don't think I can.

"So, what? You've seen how he looks like already? Does he look that bad?"

"No, but I've heard enough from my parents."

"Then you never know, maybe he'll be a great guy."

The man scoffed, "Yeah, in your dreams. He'll never be as good as you're imagining. Plus, I think his parents sent him here for a reason. He might be a real player."

That pushed me to my limits. I stepped up from my seat, and walked towards them. I stomped my foot on Hunter's and pretend to trip. "Sorry!" I yelled. I then proceeded with 'accidentally' pouring my boiling hot coffee on his lap. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I said it more towards my precious coffee. I can't believe I just wasted a good cup on this garbage. He yelled out in pain as the coffee started to burn his skin.

I grabbed the napkins on the table to 'help' him wipe the coffee off his pants, but only to deliberately push his drink off the table and pour it on him. I spun around to 'get some help' but only because I knew that my backpack would hit his face as he stood up.

They both fell for my act. I continued to pretend to help wipe the liquids off his pants, constantly yelling 'I'm sorry" while not actually meaning it. This'll teach him to badmouth me.

"It's okay! It's okay!" He yelled at me. "Please, just go away," he said panting.

Laughing internally, I left the table to go back in line so I can order another coffee. Just watch, Hunter. You'll be waiting for me for at least another hour, you asshole.

* * * * * * *

Hunter's POV

That dumb asshole! How could he not see my foot and just step on it? I didn't feel like it was an accident too! It was as if he put all his weight into his stride deliberately stomping on my foot! More than that, Ina didn't even budge from her seat to try to help me. Why the hell was I getting all the bad luck today?

Finally, Ina rose from her seat to help me clean up the mess. I looked up the guy who just crashed into me as he fell back in line to get another drink. He mouthed another 'sorry' to me as he gave me a small wave.

"Who the fûck was that weird man?"

"Shut up, Hunter. It was an accident. Plus, he's cute."

"Nobody cares if he's cute!" I yelled back at her, quickly falling back to my seat. Little did I know that the boiling coffee had pooled into the chair and stung my ass as I sat back down. "Shizz!" I out, darting up as I looked at the chair. I glanced back at the idiot who was trying to hide a smile in his hand. He removed me and mouthed another 'sorry' to me. "What a moron."

"It'll be fine, Hunter. Just go and get ready for your meeting with Tyler."

"I don't think like this, Ina. I'm already in a bad mood, I might just cuss Tyler away because of it."

"It doesn't matter, just go to the restroom so you can clean yourself up."

Without another word, I listened to Ina. I ran to the nearest bathroom and grabbled as much paper towels as I could. I vigorously wiped it on my pants, desperately trying to get the moisture out of the fabric. It was a lost cause though.

The idiot Tyler never came even though his flight landed an hour ago! Where the hell is this stupid idiot? He never came to the café so we went to the arrivals to wait for him, but he never came out. Did he ditch us or something?

We asked for a blank sheet of paper and a marker so we can write his name on it to make a sign. Then we stood in front of the doors and flashed the paper to all the people coming in.

"It's been over an hour, are you sure he's coming?" Ina asked.

I've been fed up with all this waiting and finally cracked. "No, let's leave." Without calling for Ina, I just upped and left not caring if Tyler ever arrives or not. I race walked towards the door until someone cut me off.

I looked up to see a familiar face. It was the same guy that spilled his hot coffee on me back in the café! He was short and slim and he had short black hair. He had an innocent face and pretty little eyes. Wait a minute, did I just say his eyes were pretty?

I was brought back from my daze when the guy in question cleared his throat. I wanted to tell him to get out of my way, but I'm pretty sure he would listen to me. I looked up to his eyes only to see that he was staring daggers at my face. He crossed his arms and shifted his body weight to one side, clearing his throat again. He glare on me never wavered and he just kept on looking at my eyes as if I had just insulted him.

A sudden realization went through my mind. Oh shít.

Everything that happened in the café flooded my mind and immediately sent me into a whirl. They way he purposely stepped on my foot, poured his coffee on me, and hit me with his back pack. I want to punch this guy's lights out, but my parents won't be too happy about that. His constant 'sorries' make my blood boil even more.

"Hello! Nice to meet you," he circled with a smile.

I scoffed at him. "I don't think this is the first time we've met."

"Oh? Isn't he that guy from earlier?" Ina asked.

"I've never been in LA before. I was looking forward to it, but it's so disappointing. What with all the asshats and stuff," he said, his hands almost gesturing to me. I scowled at him.

"Hi," said Ina shyly.

""Hello," Tyler greeted. He turned his head to face me, "Hey! Shouldn't you say 'hi' to me first?"

"Shouldn't you be polite at the first meeting?" I said, referring to the situation at the café.

"It's your fault for insulting me," he sighed. "Looks like you are exactly how I imagined you to be. Sexy, but an asshole," he smirked.

Wait, did he just say I was sexy? I grunted in annoyance. "I'm Hunter Young," I said with a frown. Hopefully I'll scare him off with my mean face.

"I'm Tyler Lewis."

"I'm Ina Jones. You're hot." She said. The nerve of that woman!

"But not that hot though, right?" My eyes lit up. Shit, I said that earlier, didn't I?

"Whatever. First we have to go meet the elders at home."

"Of course! Despite how much of a playboy I am, I should still pay my respects to the elders. I did fly all the way over here," he said plainly. "What do you guys think? Am I whoreish enough for you?" I growled silently to myself. "And since I couldn't properly seduce a guy in Britain, I have to be force fed trash over here," he deadpanned.

It was then that I had to remind myself not to snap at Tyler because I just might just kill him or something.

"Plus, I'm not the type of guy to go for your friend. As you can tell, well not really since I'm not feminine at all, I'm gay. Anyway, let go greet the elders now. I crossed a whole ocean just for you!"

I angrily grabbed his lugged and trudged with them out to the door. 

We rode in the car in awkward silence. No one dared to talk to each other; it was all just awkward glances and stares that might've had more than one meaning. It not that I didn't want to talk, but I wanted Tyler to say something first. I wouldn't want to say the wrong thing to offend him again.

I get that I might've said some insulting things about him without actually knowing anything about him, but now that I see that looks like a pretty decent guy, I feel remorseful about treating him like that.

We stopped by the hospital so we can drop Ina off. I took the day off, but she just accompanied me to the airport. Now she's way too late because Tyler decided to be a bitch and make us wait an hour. I might have insulted him, but he shouldn't inconvenience others.

"See you later, Tyler," she said. Before leaving, I let Tyler move into the front seat. Then we were speeding our way back home so he can meet my parents.

I stepped out of the car without a word and kept walking towards the house. Our house was pretty big with its six bedrooms and two levels. It looked similar to all the other neighboring houses, but ours was the biggest in the block.

Moments later, I realize that Tyler still hadn't gotten off the car. I turned back to the passenger side and opened the door. "Why the hell did you come over here? Did you really expect to get married to me?" I asked angrily.

"As if! Shut up and stop accusing me of things!" he yelled back at me. I slammed the door at his face and ran over back to the driver seat. I slammed my door and faced him only to shout at his face again.

"Actually you've done your share too! You spilled coffee on me and hit me with your backpack!"

"Pssh... it was an  innocent mistake," he said with a child-like face. "Unlike someone who got caught red-handed," he teased. 

"A mistake? Caught red-handed?!" I shouted. I'm going crazy because of this idiot and I just wanted to go mad. I started punning on the steering wheel, hoping that it would relieve me of  my stress. That was until I accidentally honked the horn. I grimaced and started the engine. Looking back, I roughly backed out of the parking lot and sped down the road.

I stopped at a parking lot in the park. I led him out on to the grass where there was nobody around us so nobody could hear.

"When did you get there? How much did you hear?"

"What are you talking about?"

Is this guy serious?! "My conversation with Ina. How much of it did you hear?" I demanded. 

"To what point were you talking about?"

I sighed. "Whatever, you don't have to say anything. Just listen to what I have to say,"

"Well go say what you want to say and I'll just listen to wham I want to hear."

I grumbled in utter annoyance. "Look, anyone would talk shit behind the president if the president wasn't present,"

"I don't care who it is. You shouldn't talk about somebody behind their back. It's not polite. What the heck have your parents been teaching you?"

"Alright that's it! I'm done trying to get along with you!"

"I never wanted to get along with you anyway! And plus, you shouldn't talk bad about your family. You're such a díck."

"You're not part of my family," I seethed.

"And why not? I'm your fiancé!"

I closed my eyes and counted to ten to try to calm myself down. "You're not my fiancé and nobody's getting married. Try to get that in your head, moron."

I turned around and got in the car, hoping he would do the same. We were way overdue to meet the elders and Tyler's making us even more late. We rushed on over back home and pulled into the driveway. I started to walk away again, but realized that he never left his seat. I guess he wanted me to open the door for him. What a girl.

After finally letting him our of the car, I led him into the house. "We're home!" I announced.

My mom peeked her head in from the kitchen and my dad came running down the stairs. "Oh my! You guys are home!"

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Young," Tyler greeted innocently as if nothing was exchanged between us just a few minutes ago.

"Such a nice young boy, Tyler," my mom cooed, patting his head.

She then motioned for us to sit in the waiting room where we were left to wait for my mom to bring us some refreshments.

"So, how do you like California so far?" She asked.

"Well," he started, glancing at me. "I encountered some very rude pricks, but other than that I'm loving it here," he beamed. I sent his a cold glare. I was somewhat thankful that he didn't say anything about my conversation with Ina.

"Oh? I'm sorry about that dear,"

"Yeah you'll find alp lot of those bastards around here," my dad added. I scoffed silently.

"Why don't you go get settled in, Tyler? Hunter can show you your room and you can relax for a while until dinner is ready."

"Sounds good to me," he said with a smile.

"Go on, Hunter. Show him to his room," my dad said.

"Alright." I stood up and motioned for him to follow me. I led him up the stairs and turned right to a long hallway. His room was at the end to the left facing the back yard. My door was just right in front of his.

"Wow, isn't this too big for just one person?" he asked as we entered.

I smirked, "If this is your sly way of asking me to room with you... not gonna happen."

Smack! 

Yeah. I deserved that. I looked at him and saw him sending me sharp daggers.

"Alright! I'll leave you to relax. We'll just call you down when dinner's ready. Maybe you'll meet grandma then." He didn't say anything for a minute so I decided to walk for the door and leave. That was until he grabbed my wrist and stopped me from leaving.

"Wait..." he said. I turned my head, looking at his confused face. Cocking an eyebrow, I sent him a look that asked 'what?'.

"Tell your grandmother and everyone else that we need to talk after dinner."

"Why so you want to talk to them after dinner? I mean, you can make conversation at the dinner table."

"So I can properly greet them all and—"

"Well aren't you a model child?" I mocked.

"Shut up, you didn't let me finish," I stared at him waiting for him to finish. "I want to meet them after dinner so I can properly greet them and so that we both can tell them that this marriage is not happening. I don't want to get married to some prick like you,"

Honestly, his words hurt even though I didn't like him to begin with. I get that I can be a bit harsh on people sometimes, but I've never been told directly. This was very shocking for me to take in right now.

"Fine," was all I could say. I went out of his room and slammed his door. I locked myself in my room as we waited to be called for dinner.

— — — — — — —

"Welcome to your new home, darling," Christina said as we all sat in the living room. Mom was passing out fruits and when everyone had some, she took a seat next to my dad.

"Thank you, Mrs. Young—"

"Call me 'Christine' or 'grandma', dear. You don't have to be so formal around here."

"I just wanted to properly say hello and introduce myself to you," he said. How the hell does he act so well? He might be all innocent at home, but he's a devil outside!

"You're such a well-mannered kid!" my mom squealed.

"Yeah. No doubt, you'll be perfect for our son." I glared at my dad. He saw my glare and just shrugged back at me.

"Anyway, he asked you guys to gather here today so we can tell you guys that this marriage is not happening," I said.

Everyone darted their eyes at me and Tyler. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. Hunter and I will never work out."

"Did Hunter do something?" my mom asked. Why the hell is she assuming that I did something wrong? Tyler, you better not saying anything—

"Nope, it's just that we're too different to be compatible."

"Don't worry about that, dear," grandma said. "You guys have another year and a half before your wedding! You guys can take the time to know each other then."

I saw Tyler stiffen in his seat as if he was getting impatient.

""No, you guys don't get it. I don't like Hunter. I'm starting to hate him too. I want to go back to London and pretend this didn't happen," he hissed, but it was obvious that he was trying to say it as calmly as he can.

"Mom!" my mom shouted. I glanced at grandma and saw that she had her hands cupping her head.

"Hunter you better not have fûcked this up!" she shouted at me. "Tyler is a nice young boy and you are going to make him like you!" she continued. Dammit. Doesn't she know that Tyler was still here?

I hated this idea to begin with. I don't understand why my grandmother is getting too upset over this. She needs to take care of her health. She looked so much better earlier, but with Tyler's announcement, she was about to faint.

"Grandma!" I shouted. "Get her to her bedroom!" I ordered my parents. I didn't care for formalities anymore at this time. I don't care for respecting my parents at the moment, my grandmother needs my attention right now. She needs to be calmed down. She was losing consciousness and it was all because of Tyler. Well maybe it was my fault too...

* * * * * * *

A/N: Well... That just happened... :3 *sigh* grandma's too weak. *rolls eyes* lol best of luck to these two... Stay tuned for tomorrow's chapter! ^_^

Vote! Comment! Fan!

-panda_lover_1996

[] [] [] [] [] [] []

Time Stamp: April 2, 2014

Word Count: 3,815

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 8.6K 60
A Kiss Under The Stars "I never wanted to fall in love, i never needed someone by my side. I really didn't want anything, but then i met him, I start...
5.5K 333 12
[COMPLETED] When Eli found his boyfriend having sex with his best friend, he was shattered. Tyler and Tony were the only people other than his family...
271K 11.4K 53
ROMANCE *Jasper continues to watch the man play around on his own in the river. Splashing thin air and washing himself of his dirt and blood stained...
26K 1.9K 33
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! I wanted to write a one-shot for pride month, but I turned it into a short story because pride month and my gay readers deserve mo...