Magi: Lost in Time

By AthanasiaKashimashi

Previously known as Magi: Cinderella's Spell Escapade 1: The Adventures of Sinbad Yrif Kingdom was a prospero... More

Prologue - They Met
Escapade 1
Scroll 1: Tison Village
Scroll 2: Napolia, Reim
Scroll 3: Truth, Stars
Scroll 4: Sinbad and Thais
Scroll 5: Sasan and Artemyra
Scroll 6: Pervert and Her Conviction
Scroll 7: Impending Doom
Scroll 8: Sinbad's Mistake
Scroll 9: Epiphany
Scroll 10: Strange
Scroll 11: Heliophat
Scroll 12: Unnerved
Scroll 13: Resolution
Scroll 14: Showdown
Scroll 15: Toran and Judal
Scroll 16: Parthevia
Scroll 17: Shadows Within
Scroll 18: Selendine's Will
Scroll 19: Captive
Scroll 20: Dirtied
Scroll 21: Farewell
Escapade 2
Scroll 2: Niel
Scroll 3: Gamori
Scroll 4: In the Meantime
Scroll 5: Marbas
Scroll 6: Kouen and Thais
Scroll 7: Balbadd
Scroll 8: She
Scroll 9: End
Scroll 10: Arjwani
Scroll 11: Peril in Paradise
Scroll 12: Progress
Scroll 13: Explanation
Scroll 14: Light in the Darkness
Scroll 15: Precious
Scroll 16: Towards Sindria
Scroll 17: Darkness
Scroll 18: Pain
Scroll 19: Real
Scroll 20: In order
Escapade 3
Scroll 1: Battle of Destiny
Scroll 2: Magic Academy
Scroll 3: Reim
Scroll 4: Morgiana and Kaein
Scroll 5: Luna and Al-Thamen
Scroll 6: In Between
Scroll 7: Sky
Scroll 8: Countdown
Scroll 9: Resound
Scroll 10: Reim versus Magnostadt
Scroll 11: She Comes
Scroll 12: Vessels
Scroll 13: Warriors
Scroll 14: He comes
Scroll 15: Wish
Scroll 16: Invitation and Feud
Scroll 17: Play Your Cards Right
Scroll 18: Signs and Past
Scroll 19: Solomon and Demeus
Scroll 20: Broken Time
Scroll 21: Broken Mirror
Scroll 22: Future that Awaits Us
Scroll 23: Comfort
Scroll 24: Internal
Scroll 25: Hope
Scroll 26: Akil
Escapade 4
Scroll 1: According to Plan
Scroll 2: Sun and Rain
Scroll 3: New Light
Scroll 4: Responsibility
Scroll 5: Irony
Scroll 6: Tower of Feelings
Scroll 7: Ray
Scroll 8: Forgiven
Scroll 9: Rose Garden
Scroll 10: Losing It
Scroll 11: Dungeons and Akil
Scroll 12: Solution
Scroll 13: That Hope
Scroll 14: Shards
Scroll 15: Wishes
Epilogue
Character Profile
Bonus Scroll: Maharagan

Scroll 1: Alibaba

900 28 1
By AthanasiaKashimashi

"Aladdin! Get out of the way!" A woman in her late 20s screamed as she pushed the boy away. Her long black hair swayed in the wind as the boy in her arms struggled to be released. Aladdin screamed in impatience as he demanded answers from the blue giant in front of them. This blue giant was what you could call a djinn.

"What on Earth am I?! Answer me!"

"I am sorry but I cannot disclose such information. Instead, I will grant you one wish. O Great King, what is it that you wish? Eternal life, great wealth, you name it." A velvet voice replied. The boy in the woman's arms froze at that statement. His mind wandered off to his wish.

'Aladdin.' He turned to face her and smile.

"I will let Ugo grant this wish, Thais-nee. Please don't worry about me." The said woman smiled at his thoughtfulness before forcing her rukh to fix the walls around them. Ugo had been too careless and she knew that she had to fix it.

'Aistieada!' The crumbled walls and pillars returned back to their original state but the magic exhausted her due to not having a corporeal body. Aladdin and Ugo seemed to be talking about a lot of things. She noticed the flustered look on his face which made her giggle. Walking down towards them, she asked what they were talking about.

"It's a secret, Thais-nee~" She gave him a deadpanned face before going back to her post which was near the shelves where she was arranging the books Aladdin used.

A month later

'What did you just say!? We have to go to the outside world? Are you sure about that? I mean, I am fine with it but how about Aladdin?' Thais asked. Ugo told her that she will be accompanying him. Thais grinned at the idea. Aladdin seemed a little clueless at what they were talking about until she relayed everything to him.

"Really!? We're going to go outside these walls? Hurray!" He cheered. Thais laughed at his enthusiasm. It was time for her to wake up and return to her world. It made her wonder what occurred during her fourteen-year of absence. She could only hope that it changed for the better and that everybody she knew were safe and sound.

Three weeks later
Qishan City
Thais' POV

"It's so hot! Why did I choose this thick clothes knowing that this city is quite deserted!?" Aladdin laughed at my outburst before suggesting that I should change somewhere. I took in his suggestion and went to a secluded area where I quickly changed to white button up shirt, black knee-length skirt and sandals (from Yrif). I was surprised when I found them in the caravan we met last week. When I got back, Aladdin was not where he was supposed to be.

"You gotta be kidding me right!? Where could he be!?" I ran around the town but I could not find him. If only I had my djinns, I could have found him. I was about to go somewhere else when I heard somebody shouting along the corner. What I saw was Aladdin and blonde man kneeling down some fat trader. They seemed to be apologizing about something.

'Why do I feel like Aladdin did something stupid again?' I sighed. Once I deemed that it was safe to go, I went ahead and bonked his head. Aladdin gasped in pain and I quickly asked what he did.

"I just tried those delicious watermelons, Thais-nee! No need to hit me." I pinched his cheeks. The man beside me stared at us as if we were strangers. Well, we were strangers. I quickly apologized for Aladdin's mistake. He scratched his cheeks in embarrassment.

"It's fine, really."

"I see, then, we'll be going. Thank you for saving this munchkin." We walked off towards the market since we had to stock up a lot of food for our travels. I bought some meat and preservatives when Aladdin disappeared again. An irk mark popped on my head and I was really irritated. He just deserted me.

Night came by and I decided to find him tomorrow. He will be safe anyway because Ugo's vessel was with him. The room I rented was somewhat fairly good so I retired for the night.

The next day, I walked down the alleyways of Qishan and found out that it was a city full of slaves. It pained me to see this kind of treatment. It was one of the things that did not change after 14 years of absence. I reached a huge tower when I suddenly felt a harsh pull.

'Solomon! What in the world—Wait, is this a dungeon!? No way! Ahhh!' I landed down the floor rather harshly. My white hair covered my sight which annoyed me so I grab a thin cloth from my pocket and tied my hair. This change of color of my hair was a consequence for staying in the Sacred Palace and using too much of my magoi.

I stood up from the fall and analyzed the area I was at. It seemed to be some kind of cave with crystal clear water. I walked around to find some exit but I was obscured from everything by a giant insect. It stared at me with hunger in his eyes. Glaring back at it, I took out my sword and killed it. It was my biggest mistake. It turned out that they could multiply. They needed to be pulverize! More insects appeared and I decided to run for my life.

"What the hell is this dungeon!? Whose dungeon is this anyway!?" I shouted in frustration.

Desert
3rd POV

Aladdin and the blonde man, whom he came to know as Alibaba, were against a Desert Hyacinth. With his resolve, Alibaba asked Aladdin for his help to which he gladly accepted. The blue haired boy dropped down the barrels of wine which rendered the plant useless. They were finally saved so he dove down to fetch the blonde male. Aladdin gave him a smile and asked for a favor. A very simple favor which was to become his friend.

'Aladdin.' Alibaba grinned but their moment were ruined by the shout of wine trader. Ugo wiped them away before they rushed towards the dungeon. In no time, they reached the dungeon but Aladdin was far beyond exhausted. Alibaba hesitated in entering the dungeon but was forced when Aladdin passed out from exhaustion. Opening his eyes, he noticed that he was floating in water but there was something weird about it. It was covered in oil. He quickly snatched Aladdin's body before they burn in water.

"That was some kind of burning water. It burns way stronger than the oil you use for lamps. So if you think twice about taking that first step, then just like that, it's over, I guess." He was glad that he rushed out of the water as fast as possible for if not, then it would have cost their lives.

"This is amazing, Alibaba. So this is the dungeon huh?" He marveled. Alibaba smiled at that and affirmed that they were really inside the dungeon. They were surprised by a lot of things and especially now that they were running away from a rolling boulder. Using Ugo, Aladdin and Alibaba were saved but afterwards, Aladdin looked more than exhausted. His stomach growled as he explained how calling Ugo uses most of his strength.

"I... There's no need panic. I will find a way for us to get out this place and get some food." He pat his head but he ended up touching the head of an insect. He screamed in fear as Aladdin and him came face-to-face with the huge insect. He was surprised at how easy they were to take down but in the end, it formed a huge monster which blew fire. Aladdin forced himself to call out Ugo once more and the rukh fluttered around them as Ugo used his magic. The woman with white hair noticed the fluttering of the rukh so she quickly followed him.

"Aladdin!" She slid down the floor to cushion his fall. His face was so pale. Alibaba stared at her in surprise.

"You!"

"Oh. You're that boy we saw earlier. I'm sorry I couldn't reach you sooner. I also didn't know that we will meet here out of all places. Come, I've found a place safer for him to rest. We should go there for the time being." He followed her.

"I haven't introduced myself haven't I? I am Thais. It's nice to meet you. Here, have some food. I have to feed this munchkin as well." She said before giving him some bread to munch on. Aladdin turned in his sleep and Thais grabbed a bottle of water for Aladdin to drink. She slowly poured in on his mouth as Aladdin unconsciously gulp down everything. Alibaba, on the other hand, was amazed with how calm she was.

"Oh yeah, I haven't asked for your name. Care to tell me, young man?"

"I am Alibaba." She smiled at his name. It felt special somehow. She noticed his look on the flute and asked him if there was something he wanted to ask. He hesitated before asking who she and Aladdin were. A thoughtful look was apparent on her face.

"Who we are, huh? Well, Aladdin is a magi and I am an ex-dungeon conqueror." She did not elaborate afterwards. Alibaba raised his eyebrow in confusion but he did not continue furthermore due to the look on her face. Thais did not want to dwell with it further as well. It still pained her. About 10 minutes or so, Alibaba noticed a presence outside the place they were resting. It was the chief of Qishan. He was walking around with his huge slave. Alibaba froze and Thais asked him if there was something wrong until she felt a presence on top of them. She was a girl with bright red hair and eyes.

'A Fanalis. Wait, a slave Fanalis? What? It's just like him.' She thought. Just then, the chief of Qishan appeared behind them and walked towards Aladdin. The huge slave grabbed the sleeping boy but Alibaba and Thais will not let him.

"Hey! Where the hell do you think you're taking him!?" Alibaba asked.

"Put him down or else." Thais threatened. The chief sighed at their persistence before ordering his slave to kill them. Alibaba and Thais moved out of the way before pointing their swords at the slave. He was amazed with their reflexes and asked for them to work for him while slashing his slave's stomach.

'What the hell is wrong with him!?' She stopped him before slightly healing the slave's wounds. The slave, whom they heard was Goltas, glanced at her weirdly but she did not look back and instead urged Alibaba to go with them since they had no choice.

After walking around, they reached the dragon's vortex where flames circulated the area. In front of them was a text in Toran language. Thais read it silently and she was surprised with Alibaba's translation. Although there were some mistakes to which she was sure was on purpose, it was still true. Alibaba jumped around, dodging every vortex of flames. Thais simply walked around, undetected. It felt like she had nothing to be part of this place and she knew that Aladdin will be safe. The blonde man she was with disappeared in the walls and she waved goodbye at him.

"Have a safe trip, Alibaba. Make sure to be back for Aladdin, okay?" She whispered to herself. She walked furthermore before scaling the walls to find some way out. She noticed a door just a little further from them and that was when Alibaba appeared.

"Alibaba! How was the trip down the lane?" She grinned.

"Thais! How?" He asked.

"I can read Toran language you know. Hmmm? Aladdin and the others should be near here so better fetch him. I'll be waiting for him. Oh! Let him eat this as well." She threw a bread covered in cloth at him. For now, she will wait. It took about while until they came back. She waved at them.

"Did you eat the food I gave you?" Aladdin rushed towards her for a hug. She laughed at his silliness and the three of them faced the door. In front of them was the Door of Truth which required two right hands for it to open.

"So what are we waiting for? Open the door, you two. Time waits for no one." They nodded at her words.

"Open... sesame!" The door opened and they were transported to the center of the dungeon. It was the city of the dead that Ugo once taught them. They rushed towards the building where flames flared upwards. Everything around them felt nostalgic and she could not wait to get out of the dungeon. On the other hand, their pursuers were just behind them, as they too, fought off the remaining monsters around.

"Necropolis and that building is where the final room rests." Thais uttered. They rushed towards it and opened the final door. Inside was a room full of stoned antiques. Alibaba raised his eyebrow in confusion as Thais reached for some weapon she could use. Maybe she could ask Alibaba to share some of his fortune to her. She was definitely broke after all.

'Oh! This is some nice sword.' She was about to ask Alibaba when a huge thud frightened them. It was Goltas and he was covered in wounds. Thais and Alibaba felt a presence behind them and quickly warned the blue haired magi to dodge.

"Aladdin!" They were late. He was thrown off towards the wall and the red haired girl looked at them dead in the eye. She was serious as well. The man beside him, the chief, whined at what he had experienced. Alibaba concluded that he was just some whiny brat. The chief prepared himself for a swordplay and attacked him. Thais was about to interfere but the red haired Fanalis blocked her way.

"You. What is your name and why are you following such man?" She asked. The Fanalis was conflicted at the question and just mouthed her name which was Morgiana. The white haired woman did not move an inch which resulted to the Fanalis doing the same. Thais heard Alibaba's remark and it looked like he was going face to face with the crazy slave owner. The whiny man's movements were slow and sluggish. You could not even call it a proper swordplay because of how open he was but Alibaba was on a different term.

'That style. Is that the Balbadd Royal Swordplay? How? Wait, could it be that he's his kid!? No way!' Thais moved to see Alibaba closer but was stopped when Morgiana was about to kick her. She carried Aladdin and dodged every move of the Fanalis. The red haired girl was surprised at how she could follow her lead. She was about to attack them again when she heard her master's beg. Thais noticed her speed and quickly called for Alibaba.

"Dodge, Alibaba!" He did. Confusion was written on his face. The crazy bastard grinned at his slave but Alibaba knew what to do. He coaxed Morgiana into coming with him. The Fanalis silently came to him and slammed his body on the walls.

"Arrgh!"

"Alibaba!" Thais called. The poor blonde man was kicked restlessly before ordering his slave, Morgiana, to kill him. Fear enveloped her body and she knew that she would not be able to kill him. Thais tended to Aladdin's wounds quickly and hoped that he could help Alibaba. Luckily, he woke up and broke the sword to pieces.

'That was close.' The rukh fluttered around him as he neared the battered man. Aladdin sighed and politely asked for his flute. The chief did not want to give it so Aladdin had to use his power. Morgiana protected her master but even she was brushed off by his powers. Thais focused on her hand and used her rukh to heal a bit of Alibaba's wound.

"There. That should do it." She muttered to herself. Aladdin got his flute back and the chief suddenly spouted words about being a king. The magi stared at him dead in the eyes. He deemed him unworthy.

'Cold~ Ah. What a complete turn of emotions.' She mused as she saw Aladdin's smile directed towards Alibaba. Just then, magic circles appeared below them and Thais was amazed with how easily the dungeon reacted from a magi's power. An old man appeared from the golden jar.

"Oh, it's the djinn of this dungeon." The said Djinn glanced at his surrounding while looking for his potential master. It was surprised when it landed his eyes on Aladdin and Thais.

"How wonderful. A magi and the cursed conqueror." Thais sweatdropped at the name. She shouted at him that she was still special which made the djinn laugh. His eyes landed on Alibaba and deemed him worthy even though he was puny. That caused the blonde to throw tantrum.

"Stop that blabbing. I can't hear." The hermit djinn said. He bowed down to the two when Ugo appeared. They seemed to be conversing and it still amazed her just how the hermit could understand him.

'Djinns really are weird at times.' She sighed. The hermit introduced himself as Amon while gracing Aladdin as the magi. That caused great confusion towards the blue haired boy. Thais asked Amon a favor.

"Aladdin, here, hasn't been outside that room for years. Could you explain to him what a magi is?" Amon nodded and began to tell their story. Aladdin was still confused and just when the djinn was about to explain, the dungeon shook.

"You gotta be kidding me? Someone is trying to close this dungeon! Amon!"

It bowed and opened a teleportation circle. Alibaba and the co waited for her as Goltas freed her from slavery. Thais held her hands and comforted her.

"There will be a new light for you to follow once you destroy those invincible chains." She said. Morgiana nodded before resting on one of the bags. Thais went to Alibaba and Aladdin. They both looked saddened at how their adventure would end soon.

'I don't think it will. Your destinies are already entwined with each other. Those rukh prove it.' She thought. Her own rukh was already tied but fear prevented her from accepting it.

'I want to see you again but I wonder if you have forgotten me, Sinbad.'

=END=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

492 0 18
5 years have passed since the events of the Magi: A New Era, everyone has changed as well, Sinbad and Hikari are still the proud rulers of Sindria al...
61.3K 2K 34
Amir, King Sinbad's son, and prince of Sindria finally gets to leave the kingdom to travel along side his father. They travel to the trade kingdom o...
208K 6.1K 60
Azami Alttanin was no ordinary girl. She was bestowed with what we call a curse and a blessing. A dungeon conqueror? Yes, but not an ordinary one. Wi...
5.9K 191 20
It's is the year 3025, and the world is full of technology. However, 20 years ago, scientists discovered a gate. This gate opens into other worlds. I...