Man in the Mirror || irwin (D...

By desmadres

She found something, or rather someone, she never expected to find in her new room. More

man in the mirror
prologue
[ part one ]
[ 1 ] 2013
[ 2 ] 2013
[ 3 ] 1960
[ 4 ] 2013
[ 5 ] 2013
[ 7 ] 2013
[ 8 ] 2013
[ 9 ] 1960
[ 10 ] 2013
[ 11 ] 2013
[ 12 ] 2013
[ 13 ] 2013
[ 14 ] 2013
[ 15 ] 2013
[ 16 ] 2013
[ 17 ] 2013
[ 18 ] 2013
[ part two ]
[ 19 ] 2013
[ 20 ] 2013
[ 21 ] 2013
[ 22 ] 2013
[ 23 ] 2013
[ 24 ] 2013
[ 25 ] 1960
[ 26 ] 1960
[ 27 ] 2013
[ 28 ] 2013
[ 29 ] 2013
[ contest ]
[ 30 ] 2013
[ 31 ] 2013
[ 32 ] 2013
[ 33 ] 2013
[ winners ]
[ 34 ] 2013
[ 35 ] 2013
[ 36 ] 2013
[ part three ]
[ 37 ] 2013
[ 38 ] 2013
[ 39 ] 1961
[ 40 ] 2013
[ 41 ] 2013
[ 42 ] 2013
[ 43 ] 2013
[ 44 ] 2013
[ 45 ] 2013
[ 46 ] 1962
[ 47 ] 2013
[ 48 ] 2013
[ 49 ] 2013
[ 50 ] 2013
[ 51 ] 2013
[ 52 ] 2013
sequel
MITM Series

[ 6 ] 2013

46.7K 1.7K 2.2K
By desmadres

[ 6 ] 2013

-

"Mirrors are the windows to another dimension. But you can only see them if you're different, you have to be a shifter." 

-

"Why don't you take our last empty seat, Miss Quinn." Her first class teacher, a man in his early sixties with dark gray hair and a friendly smile plastered across his face, said to her. Her elective class, if it truly counted as one, contained only eleven people including herself. 

The seats were arranged in a circle with a large gap in the middle.

It was a class on Shakespeare and his plays. As she took the empty seat in the room, which happened to be next to Calum, she muttered to herself. "While other people get the good electives like art or music, I get boring old Shakespeare."

To her left sat Calum and to her right was a blonde girl with red lipstick on and large blue eyes. She had the look of any cliche popular girl.

She smiled brightly at Harley. "You must be Billy's sister." 

Harley nodded in affirmation. It hadn't even been a full school day and already her brother was part of the cool kids. That was the only way they would probably know her, and the only reason they would notice her.

"I'm Cindy Hemmings." She introduced herself.

"Harley Quinn." The blue haired girl replied, uninterested in making conversation with one of the populars. She knew soon they would shun her like people did back at her old school.

"You should meet my twin brother Luke, I think he'd really like you..." She babbled on while Harley pretended to pay attention.

From next to Cindy, a boy added, "Yeah, you're already off on a great start if you're sitting in Kylie's old seat."

This caught Harley's attention. "Who's Kylie?"

Calum responded to her question, "Kylie is the girl who used to sit here. She was head cheerleader, had perfect grades, was the most popular girl in school and was 'the prettiest'." He made air quotes.

"And she had the most popular boyfriend in school, my brother Luke." Cindy added.

"But then Luke dumped her for a better looking girl named Alessandra Colton and she ended up losing her place as the school's queen bee. I guess she couldn't handle it, so she shot herself in the girls bathroom about two months ago." Calum finished, like it was a casual conversation.

"Okay..." Harley sighed.

Cindy saw Harley's class schedule on the cool wooden table and grabbed it, anxious to have a look. "Oh!" She squealed with delight, "You have Government and Pre-Calculus with my brother. You'll love him, trust me."

"Let me ask you something, Cindy." Harley began, "Do you just sit here and pimp your brother out to everyone on a daily basis?"

Cindy laughed, taking it as a joke. But Harley had meant it seriously. "No, silly! I just think you're perfect for him, especially since he's single now."

.

After her Shakespeare class, she had Advanced College Physics with Dr. Ross. 

She had no idea where to go, but Calum led her. She tried to lose him once more, but her plan hadn't worked.

She could feel several dozen eyes on her as she walked down the hall, making her more self conscious as to how much of her skin was uncovered. It wasn't much, but it was enough to make her uncomfortable. Her skirt was a mid thigh length brown, black and burgundy plaid pleated skirt. She wore a long sleeve button up white uniform shirt with a burgundy satin tie around her neck and a black blazer over the shirt with the school's logo on it. Her legs were covered up to the knee with white socks that had thin red ribbons at the top and black Sunday style shoes. 

Harley hated it.

"Need a guide to your next class?" Calum asked, sneaking up behind her.

"I need you to get lost." She muttered, annoyed.

"Why do you sound so upset?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't know." She began sarcastically, "Maybe its this stupid uniform. I feel like I'm in a Japanese anime."

Calum chuckled, "If you hate the formal uniform, you'll hate the PE and our casual uniforms even more."

She groaned. "What? We have casual uniforms?"

He nodded, "Since today is the first day of school, we have to wear the formal one. We wear the formal on special events. Casual uniform is the one we wear most of the year and the PE uniforms are pretty exposed for girls."

As they passed a door with a blue sign that said Ladies on it, she stopped, telling Calum, "I need to throw some water on my face. Maybe I'll wake up from this nightmare."

She pushed the door open and walked inside, stopping at one of the sinks. 

She twisted the faucet knobs for cool water to come out and she washed her face off. When she looked back up, she saw a reflection in one of the mirrors. 

But she was the only one in the toilets.

The girl in the reflection was blonde, green eyed and wore a cheerleading uniform with the word Panthers on it. Without even asking, Harley knew she was Kylie, the girl who had committed suicide for some boy who didn't want her anymore.

"You took everything that is mine." She snapped angrily, though she seemed like she thought Harley couldn't hear her.

"You brought this on yourself. I didn't force you to pull the trigger." Harley replied, taking the girl in the mirror by surprise.

"Wait." The blonde said, astonished. "Why can you see me and everyone else can't?"

Harley shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know."

"Well since you can see me, let me make this clear. You stay away from what is mine. They gave you my classes, my seat, the populars want you, and stupid Cindy wants you to date my boyfriend." Kylie said through gritted teeth.

"Ex boyfriend." Harley pointed out, "And I don't want him. I haven't even met him yet."

"Stay away from him." She repeated through gritted teeth. "He's mine."

The girl's anger seemed to be affecting the objects in the toilets because everything began to shake violently.

"Harley?" Calum called from the other side of the door.

Suddenly, all the water faucets started gushing out water and the shaking intensified. "Stay away from Luke." Kylie warned.

Calum barged in through the door that went into the girls toilets and saw everything shaking. "What's going on?" He asked in surprise, his brown eyes looking at everything in the room shaking crazily.

"Its not me, its her." Harley pointed to the mirror before her, fear reflected in her eyes. 

Calum looked into the mirror and let out a gasp, "Kylie?"

"Why are there people in the mirrors?" Harley asked, grabbing onto Calum's arm to steady herself as the shaking continued.

"Mirrors are the windows to another dimension, the dimension of the dead. But you can only see them if you're different, you have to be a shifter." He replied to her. "The people who live beyond the looking glass are there because they can't find their way into the after life."

"This is crazy." Harley closed her eyes. "I must be dreaming."

"You're not dreaming." Calum assured her.

The shaking finally became so intense that the sinks fell to the floor and shattered to pieces, soaking Calum and Harley who had fallen to the floor. 

Administrators burst through the door just as the shaking stopped, yelling, "What is going on here?"

One of them was Father Riley, who spotted Calum and asked, "What in heaven's name is the meaning of this, Mr. Hood? What are you doing here in the girls bathroom?"

Calum shot him an awkward smile.

"I brought her because she didn't know how to get to the toilets?"

-

YAY, NEW CHAPTER. IT SEEMS LIKE HARLEY'S FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ISN'T EXACTLY GOING AS PLANNED. I HAVE POSTED A VISIAL PICTURE OF HOW THE ST. GENEVIEVE ACADEMY UNIFORM LOOKS LIKE. IT IS ON THE SIDE BAR IN THE MEDIA SECTION. THIS ONE IS THE FORMAL UNIFORM, I WILL POST THE CASUAL ONE NEXT CHAPTER AND THE PE ONE AFTER THAT.

ANYWAY, HOW ARE YOU ENJOYING THE STORY? IS IT ANY GOOD? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND SUPPORING ME.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: DO YOU GUYS HAVE UNIFORMS AT SCHOOL? MY HIGH SCHOOL HAS THEM, BUT I GRADUATED FROM THERE ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO. FRESHMEN WORE YELLOW POLO SHIRT WITH KHAKI DICKIES PANTS, SOPHOMORES WORE WHITE POLO WITH BLACK DICKIES PANTS, JUNIORS WORE TAN POLO WITH BLACK DICKIES, AND SENIORS WORE DARK GRAY POLO WITH BLACK DICKIES. SO LIKE IF YOU DIDN'T PASS A CLASS, YOU WOULD CONTINUE WEARING THE PREVIOUS UNIFORM AS A SIGN OF HUMILIATION.

IT WAS SAD. ANYWAY, PLEASE READ, VOTE, COMMENT AND ADD TO YOUR READING LIST. THANK YOU.

PORNOSKIANS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 31 11
She thought she had left that life behind but boy was she wrong, and now she is getting the apartment ready to house someone from her past that she t...
64.7K 1.5K 52
As Wednesday returns to nevermore something feels different with herself espically with her "roomie" (characters have been aged up)
47.3K 1.4K 20
y/n l/n had just recently moved into a apartment she knew of the situations before hand, but since it was in her budget there was no choice. apartme...
9.7K 451 26
Dinah Jane had no idea how much she needed Lauren until the girl appeared into her life. It was like fate.