The Man Out of Time

CumberbatchFan द्वारा

This is a Star Trek FanFiction, mostly about the movie "Star Trek: Into Darkness" Enjoy! अधिक

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 10

1.9K 69 1
CumberbatchFan द्वारा

When Jim and I walk out of the room, Jim makes a call to Scotty.

"Oh, well now! If it isn't Captain James Tiberius Perfect Hair? Did you hear that? I called him 'perfect hair', yeah."

I stifled a laugh at the name Scotty had just called him.

"A-are you drunk?"

"Of course he's drunk, he just called you James Tiberius Perfect Hair." I said to Jim.

"What I do in my private time is my business Jimbo." Scotty answered over the communicator.

"I need you to help me with something, take these coordinates down. 23, 17, 46, 11." He pauses. "Are you writing?"

"What? You don't think I can remember four numbers?" Scotty replies, then starts chuckling, "You have little faith." He pauses. "What was the third one?"

"46." Jim says carefully, enunciating every syllable. "Don't know exactly what you're looking for, but I have a feeling you'll know it when you see it." He pauses. "You may have been right about those torpedoes."

"I'll consider that an apology and I'll consider that apology."

"You are the one who quit."

"You made me quit!" Scotty hangs up.

"Mr. Scott? Scotty-agh!" Jim puts away his communicator.

"Come on, let's go to the bridge, 'Perfect Hair.'"

"Oh shut up." Jim says, and nudges me with his elbow.

"You know I'm never going to let you forget that."

"Fantastic." Jim says with no emotion.

"Yep." I smile to myself.

"Are you out of your corn fed mind?" Bones starts to Jim on the bridge after Jim tells Spock and Bones about what Harrison said to us.

"Probably." I comment.

"You're not gonna actually listen to this guy. He killed Pike, he almost killed you and now you think it's a good idea to pop open a torpedo because he dared you to?" Bones says.

"Why did he save our lives, Bones?" Jim asks.

"The doctor does have a point, Captains."

"Don't agree with me Spock, that makes me very uncomfortable." Bones says.

"Perhaps you too should learn to govern your emotions, doctor. In this situation, logic dictates that we have-"

"Logic! My God! There's a maniac trying to blow up our damn ship, and you're talking about-"

"Stop it! I don't know why he surrendered, but that's not it. So if we're gonna open a torpedo, the question is, how?"

"But Jim, Natasha, without Mr. Scott on board, who exactly is qualified to just pop open a four-ton stick of dynamite?"

"The Admiral's daughter appeared to be interested in the torpedoes, and she is a weapons specialist. Perhaps she could be of some use."

"What Admiral's daughter?" Jim and I both ask Spock at the same time, looking confused.

"Carol Marcus. Your new Science Officer concealed her identity to board the ship."

"When were you going to tell us that?" I ask.

"When it became relevant, as it just did." Spock answers.

Jim leaves to meet up with Carol, and in a few minutes he calls me on my communicator.

"Yeah?" I ask him.

"There's a nearby planetoid to open up one of the torpedoes, Doctors Marcus and McCoy are gonna be going down in a shuttle in a few." Jim says. "I'll be there in a second."

"Okay." I say, signing off of the communicator.

"Mr. Sulu, make sure the shuttle that Doctor Marcus and Doctor McCoy will be traveling in is prepped to fly." I order.

"Yes Captain." After a few minutes, Sulu informs me that the shuttle has just taken off and is heading to the planetoid.

Not too long afterwards Jim walks onto the bridge.

"Captain on the bridge." Sulu announces.

I stand up from the Captain's chair and stand next to it like usual.

"Mr. Sulu, have Doctors Marcus and McCoy landed on the planetoid yet?" He asks, sitting in the Captain's chair.

"Yes sir. They're moving the torpedo into position now." Sulu replies.

"Good, any activity from the Klingons?" I ask.

"Not yet, but if we're stuck here much longer, they will find us."

"Which worries me." I say quietly to Jim. "What happens to the crew when they find us?"

"We'll all be dead." Jim says. "Chances are they'll kill us because of our little visit to an 'abandoned' part of Kronos."

"Lieutenant Uhura, did you let Starfleet know that we've got Harrison in custody?" I ask.

"Yes Captain."

Chekov calls in right then. "Hello! Uh...Captains, can you hear me?"

"Mr. Chekov! Give me some good news."

"We've found the leak sir, but the damage is substantial! We are working on it."

"Any idea what caused it?" I ask.

"No Captain, but I accept full responsibility."

"Something tells me it wasn't your fault, stay on it." Jim says, hanging up.

"Shuttle standing by, Captains." Sulu informs us.

"Bones, thanks for helping out. Dr. Marcus asked for the steadiest hands on the ship."

"Yeah I know, when I dreamt about being stuck on a deserted planet with a gorgeous woman, there was no torpedo!"

"Dr. McCoy may I remind you, you are not there to flirt."

"So how can these legendary hands help you Dr. Marcus?"

"Bones." I comment.

I hear him chuckle to himself for a second. "Yeah I know." He says to me.

"To understand how powerful these weapons are we need to open the warhead, to do that we need to access the fuel compartment. Unfortunately for us, the warheads on these weapons are live." Carol explains.

"Sweetheart, I once performed an emergency C-section on a pregnant Gorn-octuplets. Let me tell you those little bastards bite. I think I can work some magic on your missile."

Jim and I both stifle a laugh and look at each other. I roll my eyes and he smiles in return.

"Dr. McCoy," Carol says, ignoring him. "There's a bundle of fiber optic-cables against the inner casing. You'll need to cut the 23rd wire down." She says carefully. "Whatever you do, do not touch anything else, do you understand?"

"Right, thought never crossed my mind." Bones answers.

"Dr. McCoy wait for my word. I'm re-routing the detonation processor. Are you ready?"

"And raring."

"Good luck."

Suddenly we hear something like the torpedo closing on Bones' hand, he cries out in pain.

"Captains, the torpedo just armed itself." Sulu quickly informs, swiveling his chair to face us.

"The warhead's going to detonate in thirty seconds!" Navigation Officer Darwin quickly adds.

"What the hell happened?" Bones asks. "I can't get my arm out!"

"Get their signal, beam them back right now." I order as calmly and quickly as possible.

"Transporter cannot differentiate between Dr. McCoy and the torpedo. We cannot beam back one without the other." Spock informs.

"Damn it..." I mutter to myself.

"Dr Marcus, can you disarm it?" Jim asks.

"I'm trying, I'm trying." She says quickly.

"Captains get her the hell out of here!" Bones says.

"No, if you beam me back he dies, just let me do it!" Carol says.

"Ten, nine, eight," Bones starts counting down.

"Standing by to transport Dr. Marcus on your command, Captains." Sulu says.

"Four, three." Bones counts.

Carol curses, and we hear the sound of the torpedo deactivated and both Bones and Carol being thrown back onto the ground.

"Deactivation successful Captains." Sulu says.

"Dr. McCoy, you okay?" I ask.

"Bones?" Jim asks.

"Hey guys..." Bones starts. "You're gonna wanna see this."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

91.3K 2.6K 26
" Did you know your eyes give you away?" " Would it be rude to suggest that yours do the same?" Ferris Kirk is none other than James Kirk's twin s...
170K 6K 30
You cross paths with the man many people know as John Harrison, the man who killed hundreds of StarFleet officers and members. What few know is that...
75.8K 2.4K 10
What happens when Commander Spock begins to get closer to his star student? What happens when this mixed-breed meets his mother? What about what happ...
4.1K 174 16
This is the promised sequel to 'The Traitor'. Now that Carol is gone and no longer a threat, Kylie feels she's got Kirk to herself now. Everything is...