You & Me

By Kotori-Yui

Becoming virtual friends was the only way Sorey found to confess to Mikleo. More

1
2
3

4

294 12 4
By Kotori-Yui

A/Ns:

Yô ^0^)/ ~
Here I am with one more chap :3 and I enjoyed writing this chapter so much *3* precious dorks ❤ ~

Anyways, enjoy as much as it's possible but beware of ugly mistakes, as they are present throughout the whole chapter. Forgive me for them m(uvu)m

**

The bell rang, announcing the so awaited lunch break. Excitement filled the classroom as the students socialized while abandoning the place. Mikleo looked over at Sorey, sitting at the desk next to his. Contrary to his usual behavior, the other teen didn't look back at him, nor did he talk. Sorey remained quiet, chin leaning against his hand, lips pouting and brows furrowed. Putting it in a simple way, Sorey was still mad at him. The cause of it was obviously the broken promise from the previous day's morning. Mikleo felt guilty about it, but above all, he felt disappointed and sad. He too had wanted to pass his free time with his friend, eventually take care of him while his fever lasted, talk to him about everything and anything honestly... Yet, it wasn't as if he had broken his little promise because he had wanted. Sorey should have known that better than anyone else, instead of childishly getting mad.

"Mikleo..." Rose's voice brought him back to reality. He looked at her, standing not too far away from him. He noticed Edna talking to Alisha and some other girl at the door; probably planning something for lunch.

"Hum?"

"We're going to the convenience store, you guys coming?"

He hesitated briefly. His eyes looked over at Sorey, and he wondered if his friend was willing to go. In all honesty, he wanted to ask him, but would Sorey even reply? Then again, he had replied all the times Mikleo had talked to him, so he would most likely do it. Still, whenever he replied he looked at Mikleo grumpy, either pouting or with furrowed brows, and although Mikleo found him hopelessly adorable, it still bothered him quite a lot.

"I'm not going. I still want to study some more." He ended up saying, looking back at Rose. Even though it wasn't a lie, he didn't really feel like going with the girls today.

"Okay." The redhead looked over at the brunet. "It's not as if I don't know the answer, but... What about you Sorey?"

"No." He simply replied without looking at the girl.

"See? I knew it. Well, it wouldn't be like you to leave Mikleo behind, all alone." Rose stated teasingly, grinning knowingly.

The boy in question blushed slightly at his friend's words. While it was true that he and Sorey were always together, she didn't have to put it in such a misunderstanding and embarrassing way. Seriously, Rose had no shame. However, even though he wanted to tell her all that, there's no way that he would actually do it. Just thinking of the embarrassment that would cause him, was enough to prevent him from opening his mouth to argue back.

"We'll see you later then." Saying that, Rose headed to the classroom's door, leaving with her two friends.

The classroom was now empty, aside from them, which was unusual. Normally, there would be some students behind, mainly girls, who opted by having lunch in the classroom, yet it seemed that today everyone felt like eating out. Was there something happening that he did not know about? Not that he truly cared about it. The lesser people, the better. He liked the quietude of the empty classroom; although he disliked the uncomfortable silence going on between him and Sorey.

Sighing, Mikleo grabbed his bag taking out two lunch boxes. He looked at Sorey's and wondered if his friend would still want to eat lunch with him. But having in mind that they had come to school together, and that he had still decided to stay behind with him, then maybe eating together was fine.

Softly, almost hesitantly, Mikleo stretched out his hand holding Sorey's lunch box. As he waited for his friend to notice his gesture, his words left his mouth in soft stutters.

"U-Uhm.. H-here's your lunch."

Hearing Mikleo's voice, made his heart skip a beat. Sorey looked over at the other male, noticing his outstretched hand gently holding a lunch box. His lunch box. His heart skipped another beat. Without hesitation, Sorey accepted it. His green orbs looked up and into Mikleo's violet ones. Sorey's mouth was opened and closed a couple of times, as he desperately tried to look for the right words to speak; he wanted to talk to Mikleo. Sorey was tired of being mad at him. Well, in truth, he wasn't really mad at him. He had gotten yesterday though, the moment the other teen had left him alone with Alisha without fulfilling his promise, but then his anger had vanished and all Sorey felt was hurt. Still, he had acted childishly this morning and, even though he wanted, he hadn't yet been able to properly talk to Mikleo and apologize, thus the unusual silence between them and his bad mood.

Yet, in the end, no word came to him, so Sorey said the only thing he truly felt after receiving his bentou. "Thank you." His fingers squeezed the lunch box slightly. There was so much more to say... Why weren't the words coming to him?

Mikleo observed his friend's troubled expression mildly surprised. Was something bothering him, aside from their little problem that is? Although he wanted to ask it, he didn't know if he really should do it. But he couldn't stand seeing Sorey so shaken without knowing the reason. After all, he might be able to help him if he knows the problem. Alright; he was going to ask him without fear!

"Is something wrong?" His pale fingers trembled slightly over his own bentou, before squeezing it nervously.

Sorey's eyes widened. The boy looked up, mouth half opened, almost spilling all his feelings; and yet...

"Seriously, seriously! The guy just went and punched him."

"Ugh~ what an idiot!"

The words died in his mouth as two of his classmates entered the classroom. Disappointment and frustration invaded him. Sorey had, yet again, lost his opportunity to apologize.

Just like the idiot from his classmates' conversation had done, Mikleo also felt like punching them right there and then. Why did they have to invade the classroom now? Gosh... He was so irritated. If not for them, he was sure that Sorey would have ended up telling him what was troubling him. But he wouldn't give up.

"L-Let's go to the usual place and have lunch."

Sorey nodded, and followed behind Mikleo.

SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM

Even though they were sitting under the usual tree, with bentou in hands and all the opportunities in the world to speak, the silence was back.

"I guess it can't be helped." Mikleo thought, giving up for now. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Sorey's lunch box unopened.

"Aren't you hungry?" He asked pointing at his friend's bentou with his chopsticks.

"Hm..."

"Then you should eat. There's tamagoyaki... It's slightly sweet, as you like." Mikleo explained, lips curved into a soft smile.

Sorey looked at the other male taken aback. His heart raced momentarily. Mikleo's words had made him so happy. "T-Thank you..." Unwittingly, his thumb caressed the silky dark blue fabric covering the lunch box.

Mikleo's cheeks reddened lightly. "Y-You don't have to thank me." He stuttered, continuing to eat as if to get rid of the sudden embarrassment.

As he filled his mouth with rice, Mikleo thought back to the promise he had broken. The guilt returned full force. Even though Sorey had something troubling him, his friend was still mad at him, thus he should take this opportunity to apologize. Although he hadn't done it on purpose, the fact of not doing as he had promised to Sorey, couldn't be erased.

Placing the chopsticks inside the half-emptied bentou, Mikleo closed it and placed it next to him. He then looked at Sorey; said male was quietly looking down at his own lunch box, lost in thought. Mikleo looked away, at his hands, as if the way his fingertips played against each others was the most interesting thing in the world. Nervousness was amazing to make him act like that. Trying to calm down, he took a deep breath, violet eyes closed briefly.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. Sorey will forgive you." He tried, as best as he could, to push his fears and nervousness away.

Feeling ready, he started, "Sorey―"

As expected, the other teen looked up at him.

"I'm sorry."

Sorey's heart skipped a beat.

"It wasn't my intention to break our promise. But it was something that I couldn't prevent from happening. I know this shouldn't be an excuse, but I―"

"You don't have to apologize! I... I understand." Sorey said bluntly, frustrated at Mikleo's apology. If there was someone in the wrong, it was him. He should be the one apologizing. He had been the one acting childishly, after all.

"I'm sorry." The brunet, finally, apologized.

"Eh― W-Why are you apologizing? I thought you were mad." Mikleo said clearly surprised.

"I am not. I was, yesterday, but it was just for a short moment. While talking to Alisha, I understood that I shouldn't blame you for anything. If I had been in your place, I'd have done exactly the same thing. I don't like to see my friends worried after all."

The more he spoke, the more relieved he felt. He was glad he was finally able to tell Mikleo how he truly felt about what had happened. None of them was at fault, yet for acting the way he did, Sorey felt awkward; and all he wanted was to get rid of that awkwardness and talk normally to Mikleo.

Mikleo, on the other hand, did not know what to say nor how to react. The surprise took total control over him, and all he could do was listen to Sorey until the very end, while his heartbeat quickened minute after minute.

"That's why Mikleo, there's no need for you to apologize nor to feel guilty. But, if possible,, forgive me for acting the childish way I did this morning and for avoiding you."

Mikleo couldn't hide the gentle smile that made its way on his lips. He looked fondly at the nervous teen beside him, and said teasingly in order to push his nervousness away, "You're right; you were really childish."

Sorey pouted. "I'm sorry."

Mikleo chuckled. "Seriously, you're such a dummy."

"It's not as if I can help it." The other teen bemoaned. "I was really looking forward to having you taking care of me."

"Wha―"

"I thought that we would be able to talk a lot, and then you would take my temperature, and maybe... feed me..."

"F-Feed you?" Mikleo's face flushed as intensely as the cherry tomatoes he had eaten a while ago.

"M-Maybe not...?" Sorey said sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

"W-Why would you even think that?" The tone of his voice was slightly louder due to the embarrassment. Just thinking of Sorey's idea was making his heart race like crazy.

"That's because I was sick, of course." Sorey's cheeks reddened a little too. He wasn't lying per se, but he wasn't saying the whole truth either.

"Do you even―"

"AH!"

"W-What?"

Emerald orbs looked expectantly at amethyst ones. "You could feed me now, I still haven't eaten."

"H-HUH? Are you idiot? Why would I do that?" Mikleo couldn't believe in what he had heard. His heart, nonetheless, seemed to have felt every single word Sorey had spoken; as it beat more uncontrollably than ever.

"A-As compensation; compensation!" Sorey tried, his fingers nervously playing against each others.

"Compensation? Why would I need to do such a thing? You just said I didn't need to apologize!" If possible, Mikleo wanted to dig a hole and hide there until he couldn't feel the unbearable heat on his cheeks and ears anymore. The most embarrassing of it all, was that Sorey was obviously seeing his reaction. Tsk!

"I really would have liked you to feed me. I got really sad when you broke the promise..." Crestfallen, the brunet looked down at his lunch box. "Well, I guess it's really impossible in the end. But at least―"

Sorey was abruptly cut off by Mikleo's unexpected action. Said male, grabbed the unopened bentou from Sorey's hands, unwrapping it from the dark blue fabric and opening the white box, finally revealing the delicious lunch.

"Mi-Mikleo?" Sorey uttered completely surprised.

"If... If it's just once, I'll do it." Mikleo muttered softly, almost inaudible. His face, ears and neck completely flushed; even his pale hands seemed to be slightly red. Yet, it wasn't as if he was completely against the idea of feeding Sorey, on the contrary. However, what he utterly disliked was the unbearable embarrassment he felt because of it. But, as long as he could make Sorey happy, it would all be worth it.

Sorey, on the other hand, couldn't take his eyes away from his friend. The adorable sight in front of him was too irresistible and captivating to be ignored, thus he tried to register every single moment of it inside his head. He was sure he would remember it forever.

"M-Mikleo, a-are you sure?" He asked, cheeks reddening more and more by the second.

"Tsk~ If you ask me again, I'll change my mind."

"Ah no, no! Sorry!" Sorey apologized, waving his hands frantically as if that would make his friend forget his previous question.

Pushing his embarrassment away, if that was even possible, Mikleo sliced a small portion of tamagoyaki with the chopsticks. Hands shaking slightly, face burning more than ever, heart racing uncontrollably against his chest, Mikleo swallowed hard, softly taking the chopsticks to Sorey's mouth.

The other boy was no different from him; his level of embarrassment was as high as Mikleo's. And just like his friend, Sorey too swallowed hard before slightly opening his mouth and accept the food.

"Ah he is so cute." Sorey thought as he swallowed the food and observed his shy friend timidly biting his bottom lip. The sudden sensation of butterflies flying all over his stomach reached him. It was impossible to describe how felt right now, but he definitely didn't want this moment to end.

"Né Mikleo, can you do it one more time?" Sorey asked unaware of how gently his hand wrapped Mikleo's wrist. The other male didn't seem to notice it either; or if he did, he didn't mind it.

"I-It can't be helped." He said looking everywhere but at Sorey's green eyes. Mikleo too wished for this moment to last a bit longer; he wished for it so strongly, that he ended up forgetting how embarrassing it was.

SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM

"Hey guys!" Rose greeted both males, sitting down at the desk in front of Sorey's.

"Hey Meebo!" Edna followed the redhead's example and greeted him, sitting at the desk in front of his. "So, how was your lunch break?"

Mikleo flushed instantly at such a question, flashbacks of the sweet moments he spent with his best friend suddenly attacking his head. And, just like him, Sorey too blushed considerably.

"W-Why are you asking that all of a sudden?" Mikleo questioned, trying to remain composed, but clearly failing.

"Oh nothing really. It's just that when we were returning to school, Rose took a certain photo you know?" As she spoke, she reached for Rose's cell phone that rested over the table between her hands.

Mikleo swallowed hard, suddenly nervous of asking further questions.

"I'll show you, just give me a second... Ah, here! Look, it's cute isn't it?"

Hesitantly, amethyst eyes looked at the large screen of Rose's cell phone. The photo displayed on it, froze him on the spot. If not for the impossible way his entire face flushed, yet again, they would say he had turned into a statue.

"Oh my! It is cute, indeed." A sudden feminine voice sounded next to his red ears. Startled, Mikleo looked back at the long haired woman, trying his hardest to hide the photo on the cell phone.

"Lailah?! What are you doing here?"

Said woman pouted. "Sensei, Mikleo-san. Lailah-sensei. We are at school." She explained seriously. Even though she was close to Mikleo because of his uncle, at school she still wanted to be treated accordingly to the rules she had stipulated. "Plus, can't the principal of school visit the students' classrooms?"

"Tsk~"

"But anyways, Edna-san, what's that photo?"

Mikleo glared at the woman, but she was clearly unfazed by it. He then looked at Sorey, obviously expecting his friend to say something, but to his surprised Sorey was too busy being embarrassed and trying to hide it.

"You all..." Nearly exploding, Mikleo grabbed the cell phone and ran towards the classroom's door. "Enough! I'm going to delete this!"

"Ah, hey!" Rose tried to stop him, but he was faster; for once. The redhead shrugged, looking back at her friends. "Oh well, it's okay. Edna took one with her phone as well." She smirked, sticking out her tongue.

"Né Rose, c-can you send it to me?" Shyly, Sorey asked. All the three women looked at him in disbelief for a second.

Rose's smirk widened. "Sorey, you naughty boy... Okay!" She teased but agreed with a playful wink. The boy blushed even more, but he couldn't care less about his embarrassment. What mattered was that he would be able to recall that moment even more vividly once he had that photo. There was nothing better than that.

Mikleo, on the other hand, had ran as fast as he could with Rose's cell phone in hands. Once he felt safe, he stopped and quickly deleted the embarrassing photo of him feeding Sorey. Those idiots would pay for that! Little did he know that all his efforts had been in vain.

**

A/Ns:

xD idk pals... lmao I have to admit that I love Rose at the end hahaha

Anyways, thanks for reading so far :D 

Bye~Bye, ❤⌒ヽ(*'、^*)chuu*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 185 11
By some twist of fate, you and Arny become roommates. (Arny/Birlap x Female Reader)
202 3 11
"You gotta be kidding me," "I knew you were into me, but following me to college is just creepy."
38.6K 1.9K 27
It's still a mystery to me that how you became my only desire? How i fell for you?
28.2K 985 23
𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐞 & 𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤 シ︎