O r p h a n ● Tom Riddle [Har...

Par marniest

We've all been told stories as children, but my mother's stories were anything but tales. They were orders, t... Plus

➊ Un - Just Like That.
I n t r o d u c t i o n .
➋ Deux - Found, but never lost.
➌ Trois - Too Late, Mr. Rabbit.
➍ Quatre - Going Somewhere?
➎ Cinq - Parlez-vous Francais?
➐ Sept - Creepy Crawlies
☻ A/N ☻
➑ Huit - Wonderful World of Sugar & Fur
➒ Neuf - Where there can only be light
a FAQ is available for this story (see my works)
➓ Dix - Black Black
⑪ Onze - Anatolia, there's something in the dark
⑫ Douze - Bloody Dead, Red.
⑬ Treize - 10:00AM | 10:00PM
⑭ Quatorze - Who is Who?
⑮ Quinze - Fate has its hold.

➏ Six - Guffawed.

13.4K 529 231
Par marniest

I watched the buildings go by, one by one, tall and grey looming over us. We had piled into a cab, and were making our way across town. I didn’t hear exactly where we were going, but I had a gut feeling it would take a while as we neared London Bridge. Dumbledore was humming an unfamiliar tune, and Tom was staring out the window. I smiled; today was going to be interesting. 

I felt a nudge to my right arm, I groggily wiped my eyes; I had fallen asleep. Damn. Tom was still nudging me, pressuring me to hurry up and get out the cab.

“Alright, alright! I’m up!” he rolled his eyes and pushed me out instead. Rude.

Upon brushing myself off the ground I found that we were in front of a beat up old building with a rusty wooden door, with the lingering smell of drunk people, and urine, I deducted that we were in fact in front of a pub. Dumbledore chuckled at my dismay, and pointed towards the loose wooden sign, ‘The Leaky Cauldron’, before walking in – Tom following suit. I groaned as I pushed through the door, finding that the inside wasn’t as bad as it’s exterior, and held a homely feel that only an alcoholic could concoct. There weren’t too many people inside, but they were all keeping to themselves, and occupying the darker areas of the bar. I spotted Dumbledore and Tom in the far corner, waiting for me. Making my way towards them, I noticed the bartender, with his brimming blue eyes, and shaggy brown hair. He was quite young looking, and yes, very attractive. He gave me a light smile and went back to work, I felt a blush along my cheeks, and quickly hurried to flee the scene.

We walked out of the back door and into a dead end, red bricks surrounding us. “Is this it?” Tom mocked.

I shot a glare at Tom; he didn’t have to be so rude. I didn’t understand why Tom disliked Professor Dumbledore, considering the Professor hasn’t given any reason to be disliked. Dumbledore smiled and patted Tom’s head (to his annoyance) before taking out his wand and tapping a seemingly random order of bricks. And just like that the bricks began to rearrange themselves, opening a way onto cobbled paths, and the sound of bustling bodies filled our ears. I blinked twice, unsure if I what I saw was real. Moving walls! A bustling crowd of people in strange robes (some even sported pointy hats!), owls perched on the shoulders of some, and I could distinctively hear someone yelling out about a Chocolate Frog sale. “A bit overwhelming the first time, but it’s always a good bit of fun.” Dumbledore spoke with a warm smile.

“Ah, now, we better be off to Ollivanders for a wand for young Mr. Riddle. Ms. Rosewood, I assume you know where you’re going?” he said with a wink, handing me a piece of parchment (Upon inspection turned out to be a list of supplies).

I smiled gingerly, a bit afraid of the possibility that he could read my mind. Just how much could this strange old man know? “Yes, Professor. Um… should we meet up somewhere?”

Tom was looking strangely at me, possibly curious about how I would know my way around. “I find that walking around can get tiresome, and it would be best to get you both some ice cream after, wouldn’t you agree?”

I nodded, Nym had drawn me a map of Diagon Alley (which I ripped out, folded up, and placed in the pocket of my dress), and I remembered seeing an Ice cream parlor across a store for robes. “If you get lost, I’m sure the book in your rucksack will help you. It’s not strange to be carrying around an enchanted book, my dear.” He added with a smile before walking off with Tom, leaving me even more out of my wits at how much this man knew.

I pulled the map out of my pocket, surprised that the top corner held a message from Nym:

You can trust professor Dumbledore, Miss Rosewood.

I let out a breath that sounded a lot like relief, was I scared? “If you say so, Nym”

I looked around at the crowd in front of me; I would have to fight through them to get anywhere! I looked back down at my map, “Where to first, Nym?”

The previous message disappeared and was replaced by a new message: Gringotts.

Gringotts it is then.

Pushing through the crowd of people on my way to Gringotts, I passed the Owl Emporium, almost getting my hair nipped up by one of the owls perched outside. I made a mental note to visit the emporium afterwards; an owl would be an interesting pet to have, though hopefully I would find one that wasn’t so intent on attacking my head. Passing by a couple of other stores I finally found myself in front of a large intimidating looking marble building with white pillars and steps that led up to it’s bronze double doors - a small goblin posted on either side of it. The building had ‘GRINGOTTS BANK’ engraved into the marble above the door, so I knew I was at the right place.

As I walked up the white steps I had an eerie feeling of being watched, and not being able to simply shake it off: I turned around, only to meet the red eyes of a shadowy figure that stood within the dark alley that people seemed to be distancing themselves from as they walked by. It’s as if the figure stood out, yet blended in perfectly within the shadows, and that the only thing that would ever give them away was their eyes. I felt goose bumps all up my arm and cautiously opened up my map, realizing that Gringotts happened to be directly across from Knockturn Alley, and that there was a new message from Nym: It would not be wise to go down that alley without a wand or any knowledge of how to protect yourself, Miss Rosewood.

I felt a sweat break out on my forehead, worry looming over me as I stood outside the bronze doors, who was that? “I wasn’t planning on it.” I muttered before stuffing the map back into my pocket, finally making my way inside the bank.

It was a grand room - to say the least, with it’s large marble pillars, a surrounding row of tall desks looming over you with wryly looking goblins manning their ‘stations’, some glaring at you, scoffing even, as you make your way to the tall podium that stood at the center far back of the room; with “head goblin” engraved in a gold plaque. My feet echoed throughout the room, making me feel out of place, and wary of my presence here – was I doing something wrong?

Nearing the podium I heard a new set of footsteps; I found them to belong to a boy who looked a couple of years older than me with shaggy dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He was sporting a sharp black suit that flattered him nicely as he walked. He had just come through a set of tall black iron gates situated on the left wall behind the podium, where there was now an unruly looking goblin locking up.

There was something else about this boy that I just couldn’t quite put my finger on…. A little something special that just seemed to surround him. 

Not to mention that there was also a strange irking feeling in the back of my mind that was telling me he looks… familiar.

I hadn’t realized I had stopped to stare until he had come up just beside me, pausing to give me a questioning look. “Like what you see?”

Was he talking to me?

I could feel my cheeks turn tomato red, and I began to stutter – it was a ‘caught in the act’ moment, I apologize. “Hey, no, I’m sorry…. I didn’t think you’d go into shock or anything, are you all right?” He had placed his arm on my shoulder, trying to calm me out of my stutter – he might’ve just made it worse.

A few breathing exercises later and the full reality of my social skills came crashing down. I was awful at talking to boys… well, all boys that I don’t have any ulterior motives for, that is.

I haven’t talked to many boys, truth be told.

“I’m… I’m fine.”

He let out a sigh of relief, “Oh, Good!” and then he smiled.

One of those smiles; the gorgeous one, the one that shows off his perfect set of pearly white teeth, the one that causes a sparkle in his eyes, oh! His eyes! A familiar mix of forest green and earth brown! It was the kind of smile that just made you feel better inside, all gooey, and mushy – you know that feeling? “Are you sure you’re alright? I apologize if I’d startled you”

I giggled, “No… No, you hadn’t startled me at all”

We stood staring at each other in silence, it was a little weird, but I couldn't really complain. “I’m Obsidian. Obsidian Black.”

“Vivienne. Vivienne Rosewood, pleasure to meet you, Obsidian”, and then he smiled again. That smile.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too, Vivienne”

Another silent pause. This time, he turned to look at the door and waved with a sheepish grin before returning his attention back to me. He rustled a hand through his hair, he looked a bit perplexed “I wish we could chat for longer but...” he turned his head back to the door, I now noticed that there was a leggy red head leaning against one of the pillars with her arms crossed, shooting daggers at me with her green eyes – if looks could kill!

“Oh. Right. Girlfriend.”

He laughed.

“Not my girlfriend, she’s just a friend, and maybe if we see each other again I’ll introduce you two. She’s not bad once you get to know her”

“I’m sure she’s a real peach” – note the sarcasm.

“Hmm, yeah, yeah she really is….”, an awkward pause, “Well, hopefully, I’ll be seeing you. It’s been a pleasure, Rosewood”

“Same to you, Black”

I watched his receding back, his wonderful aura was now gone, and I felt the coldness surrounding him. You would have hardly noticed it, but without his eyes… without his smile convincing you he was fine, his façade was all but lost within the truth that this boy was not all that he seems. There is something far deeper, something far more grisly than his exterior would make you believe.

Surprisingly, the red headed girl gave me a smile before she disappeared out the door following Obsidian, a little bit of warmth returned to me, and I was beginning to think that she too wasn’t all that she made herself out to be. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

24.2K 586 13
Y/n Lupin, Remus' little sister was sorted in Ravenclaw. Of course, this did not prevent the friendship between her and the so-called Marauders. At...
155K 5.1K 19
No one is completely good and no one is only bad. Every dark person chose that way. It could have been because of bad upbringing, hunger for power or...
188K 5.6K 32
~ Year two ~ Warning; this is the second book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
23.4K 494 47
life after voldemorts victory. What would you do , when the son of the most evil wizard ever setting foot on the wizardingworld has his eyes on you...