WinterMoor

By Shaunaclouds123

~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **MATURE CONTENT** Alpha Layton Bailey... More

~Intro/Disclaimer~
~Chapter One~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Four~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~ Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Chapter Eighteen~
~Chapter Nineteen~
~Chapter Twenty~
~Chapter Twenty-One~
~Chapter Twenty-Two~
~Chapter Twenty-Three~
~Chapter Twenty-Four~
~Chapter Twenty-Five~
~Epilogue~

~Chapter Sixteen~

7K 211 8
By Shaunaclouds123

"What colour do you want the table cloths to be?" Layton asked, on the phone. He turned to Lexi who was sat on the windowsill of the office with her head stuck in a book.

"Lexi." He called again, and she looked up slowly looking confused.

"Hmm?" She asked, folding the corner of the page.

"What colour do you want the table cloths to be?" He asked.

She shook her head and looked down, smiling.

"Lexi." He looked annoyed and she just laughed at him.

"Layton, I don't care what colour they are... Will you stop worrying about this? It's a ceremony, not a wedding." She told him gently, still looking down at her book.

"Will you be more concerned when it is a wedding? Our wedding?" He asked, curiously.

"Give it a few years." She told him, smirking a little.

He smiled. "Name a colour Lexi. Any colour."

"Whatever colour we already have, I don't want you spending money on this. It isn't that important." She told him.

"It is to the pack, Lexi." He said seriously and she sighed, she put her book down and walked over to the desk, leaning on it and facing him.

She reached out her hand and held his. "What do we already have?"

"White, maroon or dark blue." He told her.

"White." She told him.

"White." He repeated it to whoever he was on the phone to. "What about table decorations?"

"Layton." She mouthed his name, closing her eyes slowly.

"I'll call you back." He said hanging up and placing his phone down onto the mahogany desk with a thud.

He let go of her hand and pulled her forward, she sat on his thigh.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing is wrong." She told him. "I just don't like seeing you stressed."

"I'm not stressed, I just want it to be organised. There's only a few days." He pointed out.

"I trust your choices, Layton. Who were you talking to?" She asked.

"Aspasia. She's the events organiser." He told her, placing his hand on her lower back.

"I'll ring her." Lexi told him, feeling the stubble that was growing on his jaw.

"I want to talk to you." He asked. She frowned, putting her hand on his shoulder to steady herself.

"You are talking to me"

"No. I mean properly." He told her, seeming nervous.

"Go on." She told him.

He sighed. "I just want to make sure you're okay... I know that you're not used to being around guys and trusting men much... I just need to know if you're okay because if you're not we can postpone the ceremony and and-"

She leant in and kissed him, stopping his words. "I know what you mean and... I am okay." She told him.

"Are you sure? This must be a big change for you.."

"Layton. I'm so happy here. Can you not see that? You've sweeped me off my feet, you've been patient, you're kind and caring. Yes, you have temper but it's just Alexos being protective most of the time anyway. I know I can trust you. If I wasn't comfortable I would tell you." Lexi explained slowly.

"Are you okay with me touching you?" He asked, and she nodded leaning in to kiss him again. He put his hand onto her cheek and turned his head, kissing her slowly.

They were rudely interupted a few minutes later when Corey walked into the office, holding stacks of folders. He paused stared at them for a few seconds and then just nodded. They stopped kissing and Layton turned his head, keeping his hand on her cheek.

"What?" He asked.

"I was going to come and do some work.. in here... But I guess this room is occupied." He said slowly, not looking away.

"Oh. Really?" Layton asked sarcastically and Lexi laughed, cuddling into Laytons chest.

"Are you finished? Because I would much rather work in here... You know there's a bedroom upstairs with a designated spot for sexy time..?" He told them and they both chuckled.

"Oh shut up, we were kissing." Lexi told him, staying up and stretching.

"Can you imagine his face if he had walked in on anything else...?" Layton asked Lexi and they both laughed.

"Sorry but my innocent eyes don't need to see your time alone, no matter what you're doing." He said pouting.

"You know, there's a thing called knocking... You should try it some time." Layton said sarcastically. He got up from the desk and picked Lexi up over his shoulder, putting his phone into his pocket and walking out of the study.

Lexi just giggled into his back as he carried her up the stairs, holding the backs of her knees so she wouldn't fall.

He placed her down gently into the bed and layed down beside her, laying his arm over her stomach.

"Sleepy?" She asked him, playing with his hair.

He nodded, smiling. "My bed smells like you now."

"I bet you can't wait until Sunday." She said smirking.

"Can you tell?" He asked with a childish grin. "No, you won't be in my bed the first night, beautiful. I have other plans."

"Other plans?" She asked.

"The boys will be here.. and I don't really want them to hear us, the walls aren't sound proof. Taylors going to drive us to a hotel that I've chosen. It's only about 10 minutes away. We're booked in for two nights. There's a spa, a pool, a fancy restaurant. I wanted us to have a few days to ourselves." He explained.

"Are you serious?" She asked happily.

He nodded, rubbing her side. "You'll just have to be quiet when I get you back into my bed." He said with a wink and she just smiled.

"Are you a virgin?" Lexi asked.

"Yes." He admitted honestly.

"I wasn't sure whether the boys were joking or not..." She told him, smiling.

"Are you?" He checked. She nodded. " I had always said I would wait. I couldn't bear the thought. It wouldn't feel right to be sexual with someone I knew I wasn't going to spend forever with." He explained calmly. "The boys have made fun of me because of it for a while, none of them waited."

"Well that'll change in a few days." She leant over and kissed him softly on the cheek, laying beside him.

"Their mates are going to be pissssed." He said, raising his eyebrows.

"Have none of them found them yet?" Lexi asked.

"No. Well.. Corey did" He told her and she looked shocked.

"What do you mean?"

"He died." He said quietly, giving her a sympathetic smile. "They met each other when they were both 18, on the night of Corey's birthday. He died 3 weeks later in a rogue attack. They had marked each other, Corey doesn't like talking about it.... Understandably."

"What happened to his mark?" Lexi asked.

"It's faded. But you can still see it sometimes when he doesn't have a shirt on. He tries to hide it most of the time but he's much more open about it than he was... He's doing okay."

"That must be so hard."

"Hmm... But he coped well... He doesn't let it get to him. Of course he still get upset but he's a right trooper. I'm really proud of him." Layton said smiling. "He was a great lad too."

"Wait. I just realised what you said..." Lexi smiled in slight disbelief.

"You can't tell he is." Layton shrugged. "He came out to me first as being Bi. But he's gay. He told me when he was 17. He only told his parents after he found Harry. He's just like anyone of us boys."

"I never knew." She said smiling.

"Hmm... Most people don't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4M 588K 32
Now available on Amazon (paperback & kindle) as well as the three sequels. Every year, each Male Werewolf can choose a mate - and the She Wolf they c...
6.6K 321 33
A betrayal. A bite. A second chance. Emilia's life was seemingly perfect: a loving husband, a beautiful home, and a dream job. But when Emilia catche...
145 12 6
Sloane McKenna, the Alpha's daughter, has always had high standards to live up to. When her parents announce that other packs will be arriving soon w...
117K 3.4K 50
Skylar Harris, 18, daughter of Alpha Richard, Alpha of the dark moon pack. Sweetheart who is kind to everyone. always helping her pack mates. hates r...