Hopelessly Devoted | Hale- TO...

By multi_fandom2015

You know I'm just a fool who's willing To sit around and wait for you But, baby, can't you see There's nothin... More

Summary + Cast
1 | New Life
2 | The Call
3 | Lord Tristan de Martel
4 | Past, Present, and Future
5 | Strix Initiation
6 | I'm Here
7 | Family Conversations
8 | Making Their Move
9 | Interrogation
10 | Surprise Guests
11 | Thanksgiving Dinner
12 | Negotiation
13 | Lexi V. Tristan
14 | Bigger Problems
16 | Happy Family Christmas
17 | Get Out
18 | Battle Preparations
19 | Not Herself
20 | In Your Head
21 | A Fox
22 | Games
23 | White Oak Bullets
24 | Out Of Time
25 | We Are The Same
26 | Not The Same
27 | Doppelbitch's Boyfriend
28 | Your Fault
29 | Hello, Little Sister
30 | Spiral
31 | Lockdown
32 | Family Quarrel
33 | Last of the White Oak
34 | Into An Original
35 | Loophole
36 | Town of Our Sorrows
37 | Final Step
38 | Say Goodbye
39 | All My Heart
40 | Took Them
41 | Unworthy
42 | Sweet Camille
43 | Wake Up
44 | Warning System
45 | Excellent Runners
46 | I Hate You
47 | Friend, Foe, Family
48 | No Choice
49 | Intuition
50 | Bear Witness
51 | The Puzzle
52 | Gone
Epilogue
NEXT BOOK

15 | Control Yourself

2K 93 7
By multi_fandom2015

"Niax en at tem alach ti. Niax en at tem alach ti!" Freya chants, blood slowly pooling beneath her eyes. Lexi sits opposite her, eyes slightly open and glowing red. The younger blonde chants softly, concentrating only on the spell.

Freya opens her eyes to see a familiar man behind Lexi, staring at them disapprovingly. "You are dying for her." Finn spits, referring to Rebekah's condition. "Let Rebekah go. Let them all go!" Freya shakes her head, returning to the spell. "It will be just the two of us again."

"I will save her," Freya says, her eyes burning with determination. Lexi barely notices her older sister talking to thin air. "If I am at all important to you, brother, help me!"

Just then, Elijah walks into the room, a glass of water in his hand. He sets it down and rushes over to Freya after seeing the blood on her face.

"Freya, stop. Please," he pleads.

Freya jerks away, snapping, "No! Don't touch me! Do not stop me!"

"Listen to me— we must help Rebekah but we must not lose you in the process," Elijah tells her frantically before turning to the other Mikaelson. "Alexis, tell her."

Lexi stays silent, not noticing Elijah is even in the room. "Help me or get out!" Freya yells. She closes her eyes again and continues to chant.

Elijah watches her struggle for about three seconds before he bites his wrist and puts it in front of Freya's face. "This will strengthen you."

Freya hesitates as Finn leans down next to her ear. "As will my power. Just this once, sister. For you." Finn starts to chant as Freya feeds on Elijah's blood.

Elijah then goes over to Lexi only to have her grab his arm in a death grip. He tenses as her fingers squeeze his forearm. He lets out a breath of pain as he feels the bones start to break under his skin. "Alexis." He calls out, trying to tear his arm away.

Her eyes open, burning a darker red than usual. "Stay out of my way." She growls, her voice sounding almost demonic.

When Elijah manages to rip his arm out of her grasp, her eyes fade and her angry expression falls. "What?" She snaps.

"Ow." He motions to his arm, his expression annoyed.

"I'm gonna check on Rebekah." Lexi decides, standing on shaky legs and walking out of the room.

Once out of earshot, she leans against the wall and takes a deep breath. She shakes her throbbing head before a thud draws her attention. "Rebekah?" She calls out.

Suddenly, Hayley and Rebekah come hurling out of a room and tumble to the ground floor. "What the hell?" Lexi mutters, rushing to the railing. She watches as both girls steady themselves. Rebekah's eyes are pitch black as she lets out a battle cry. "Oh sh—" Lexi is cut off by Hayley's roar of anger.

Rebekah kicks Hayley in the stomach before backhanding her across the face. Lexi jumps down to the ground floor and can hear Elijah rushing their way. Hayley staggers back to her feet as Lexi grabs her and pushes her back.

Elijah grabs Rebekah as she lunges forward. Hayley pants behind Lexi's protective arm as Elijah keeps Rebekah still. "Listen to me. Listen to me!" He yells. Rebekah ignores him, choosing to struggle to get to Hayley. "Rebekah, look at me! Rebekah!" She reluctantly looks up at him, her eyes still pure black. "Control yourself."

Rebekah sighs, closing her eyes. A moment later, Rebekah's blue eyes stare back at Lexi. "Dear brother, I have control," she says monotonously.

Elijah relaxes, letting her go. "Good."

In a second, Rebekah's eyes turn black again and she hits Elijah's chin so hard that his neck nearly snaps. He falls to the ground as Hayley moves forward. "Hayley, stop!" Lexi yells as Rebekah shoves her hand into the hybrid's chest.

"Get off!" Lexi sends her hands forward. Rebekah stumbles back as Lexi literally throws Hayley out of the way.

Lexi's eyes follow Hayley's body, wanting to make sure the woman is alright. Hayley glances up and her eyes grow wide. "Lexi—"

Before she can do anything, Rebekah grabs Lexi and slams her into a nearby wall. Lexi groans only to have Rebekah squeeze her throat, cutting off her air supply. "Rebekah..." she wheezes out as Rebekah bites into her own wrist. "Nmmm—" Lexi screams against her sister as the older blonde makes her drink vampire blood.

"You think you can escape us?" Rebekah sneers menacingly. "You can't."

"Rebekah!" A voice booms. Rebekah, as fast as lighting, turns Lexi around so that she can snap the wolf's neck in a second.

Klaus freezes mid-step. He never thought he would see Rebekah literally trying to kill their sister. Cami also freezes behind him but manages to snap out of it and sneak over to Hayley.

Klaus speeds towards them but Rebekah is faster. "I wouldn't do that," she says squeezing Lexi's body so that the younger girl screams out in pain.

The sound makes Klaus' heart sink. He knows Lexi would never hurt Rebekah, so there is nothing she can do. He also knows that he's changed: He won't hurt either of his sisters...

Too badly.

"Let her go, Rebekah." Klaus reasons, sensing wolves behind him. A growl erupts from behind him, and Klaus puts an arm out to stop Derek from killing Rebekah.

"I don't think so," Rebekah smirks, laughing slightly. It is then that Klaus notices the small trail of blood that stains Lexi's chin.

He takes a chance and speeds over to the pair, ripping Rebekah off of Lexi in one motion. Rebekah roars in anger as Lexi stumbles forward, coughing violently. She sees Hayley run off with a briefcase that has the cure to Freya's poison, but she can't seem to stop coughing on the ground. She can barely breathe.

Lexi sees two shadows run over to her before hands help her up. She falls out of Derek's hold to cough more, this time blood splatters on the ground.

She distantly hears Rebekah screaming something about Cami, but her eyes can't focus. She can't think straight, words fly out of her mind instantly.

"Lexi? Lexi, you gotta stand." She hears Cora tell her.

Somehow, Lexi finds the strength to slow her coughing and glance up at the two Hales. Her eyes seem brighter than usual as she reaches up with a shaky hand. Derek helps her up, letting her lean on him. He wipes away the blood stain on her chin before trying to pull her out of the room with Cora.

"Don't think I've forgotten about you!" Rebekah's voice makes it into her mind. Lexi's eyes all of a sudden focus on how her brothers are holding Rebekah down. "You're the worst of us all, Alexis!"

Derek's embrace tightens slightly as Lexi starts to tremble. It's not just one part of her that shakes; rather, it's her whole body.

"Nik and Elijah may poison everyone that comes into our lives," Rebekah grins wickedly, looking in her direction and she pushes Elijah off. "But you're worse! Not only do you get all of us, your family, killed because you are careless, but you kill everyone who dares come close to you."

"Don't listen!" Klaus growls, securing Rebekah's arm and holding her down onto the table. Lexi seems to shake even more violently, her eyes unfocused.

"We may kill and maim and murder everyone, but you, you kill them a different way. You lure them in," Lexi keeps staring straight ahead, her trembling becoming even worse. "You love them, cherish them. And then, when they feel safe, you—"

"Hold her!" Freya's voice booms as the blonde stomps over to the struggling Rebekah. Lexi slowly detaches herself from Derek, who holds onto her arm until she shrugs him off with a glare. She moves forward, watching in silence as Freya uses a knife to cut off the skull brand on Rebekah's wrist.

Rebekah screams but Lexi doesn't flinch. She takes another step forward, tilting her head curiously. Rebekah's scream slowly turns to nothing as she stills on the table, her head rolling to the side.

After a full minute of suspense, she groans and sits up, her eyes back to normal. Lexi's shoulders relax as everyone else calms down.

"Well," Rebekah says sarcastically, "That was annoying."

Poor Lexi. It's not gonna get better any time soon, babe. Sorry. Hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 156 30
After a case of mistaken identity and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, Amelia Thatcher is kidnapped by vampires Rose and Trevor. When the...
156K 5.8K 21
IN WHICH ELLA LAWRENCE WAKES UP IN THE BODY OF A THOUSAND YEAR OLD ORIGINAL HYBRID. [the originals season one-five] [contains spoilers for TO, TVD] ...
2.2K 83 29
There was a certain allure to her, even before you knew her you could feel it pulling you towards her. Everyone in the village knew her, being in her...
304K 8.9K 29
❛i love everything about you and i wish i didn't i love you more then i've ever loved myself, and i think that's the problem❜ warning: incredibly che...