SnowFall

Door CutieBlueAngel

[Sequel to SNOWFIRE] [ON-HOLD - unsure of next update] Gataria is under threat. With both humans and Ryders'... Meer

[New Version] Snowfall
Prologue
A Month Later
Choices
Lake Phobia
Lightning
The First Storm
In Reverse
I Fear What I Can Do
I Wish You The Best
New Roommate
Night Sounds
The Ghost of the Forgotten
Back to Work
Silent Agreement
Just Like Old Times
Beast
Doing Some Good
A Darkness Called Beast
Death Of A Loved One
[CHAPTER STOP]
[Save Her]
Back to Battle
An Awkward Meet Up
Recovery and Discovery
Back to Phoenixia
Stay Quiet
Suspicion
Meeting the Unwelcomed
Aftermath
Turner or Mitcovan
When Water Met the Flame
Too Late Now
Two Birds With One Stone
Fear
Was Friends
Ava
Team
Betrayal
Red
Guilt
Friends for Now
Abandoned
Wake Up Jason
Becoming a Shadow
Murderer
Answers
Dreams
Are you Real?
Death Water
Breathe
Never Leave
Stanley
Pollen
The Coroner's Report
Acceptance
A Fish in the Ocean
Awake from Flames
Discovered
Out of the Fire

Water and the Flame

439 26 9
Door CutieBlueAngel

Something burned his stomach and Jason had to stop.

Ferns grew on the trail back to his place, and the leaves had moved one by one, a musical performance of the xylophone. A branch flicked under his step and slapped against his ankle. He ignored it, as well as ignoring the deep, unnatural warmth from his stomach.

He heard his footsteps against the ground, smelt the smell of a type of wood in his nose. He couldn't tell which, but it calmed him. Another breeze pushed the leaves into an almost vertical angle, they fluttered like wings and some had taken off flying.

A shiver of the bushes broke the pattern and Jason turned around. He didn't raise his arm.

Luke walked to the edge of the shadows the trees had provided, not touching the boundary. His hood was off and all his uncertainty was written on his face.

Jason waited for him to fill in the emptiness: either with words or black magic.

"You need to leave."

Jason raised his brows, especially when he noticed the quick way Luke spoke.

"They're on to you." Luke's dark eyes darting around quickly.

"I know," Jason glanced down, avoiding Luke's gaze. "And I can't run."

Both boys heard a shiver in the trees and Luke sent his ball of magic flying. It didn't hit a target.

"You should go, there are eyes and ears everywhere." Jason advised. He turned away but Luke's question stopped him.

"What is it? What is it do you have on their hands? You don't even have your hands raised when you heard me... I know you heard me."

Jason's words formed at the edge of his lips, but none of them left his mouth. 

He continued his journey back to his house. 

Luke took a step into the light, the sun's caress was warm on his face. He wanted to look up, but that would hurt his eyes, he thought. He closed his gaping mouth and retreated.

---

"Are these 'aliens' dangerous? Lack of evidence brings us no conclusion, however, this incident will bring us more clues, and perhaps the final barrier between humans and these 'creatures' will be broken..."

Eira left the living room and went upstairs. She couldn't bare it more. 

If there were humans hurt, how many Ryders were hurt? How many won't be able to return back home? Each step and creak of the floorboard only made her legs weaker and her heart beat faster. 

The news and the human reporter's voice was fading in the background as well as her mother's concerned look. The shadow felt cool as she walked further up, but her palm sweat with cold sweat. She quickened her pace, broke the shades and made a beeline for her room. She heard her room door click behind her before she took out her phone.

Walking towards the window, Eira dialed a number and watched her reflection place the phone to her ear. Every beep represented a certain connection with the person she cared about, and she imagined a familiar deep voice say the exact words she needed to hear.

"Eira."

Eira let out a long breath, "Dad, are you alright? We are both really worried!"

"Eira, I'm alright. The bombing was outside Gataria," Mr. Riley's voice gave Eira great comfort, she had to let out a sigh again. She seated herself in the bay window, her ice blue gaze stared out into the lush green tree, the same tree she saw Jason appear under. His copper hair quivering in the breeze. 

"The department is safe. Everyone is safe." Eira could imagine him looking around in fear. Fear of what? 

"Then, why do they say it's Ryders?"

"There was a big focus group." Eira heard shuffles in the background, "Mentors and young Ryders in training were taking the opportunity to train and learn how to undercover into the human world. Somehow, that information leaked..."

Eira sat straighter, "So you're saying... there's a traitor?"

Little did Eira know, it was exactly what Mr. Riley thought. Eira also didn't know that her father had a small smile blooming on his face. How much of Eira's childhood, her process of growth and her process of rebellion — to seek her independence in the world — did he miss? This, now, an intelligent young woman, reminded him of himself of when he was a curious youngster.

"Our department is looking into that." He said finally.

Eira curled her legs and placed her hand on her knee. She gulped, "t-the department? Are they also investigating you?"

Mr. Riley paused. He looked over his shoulder. A few officials were already calling names for people to be questioned. Everyone in the Ryders management team is a suspect. One tall man was nodding at him, Mr. Riley nodded back.

"Yes, Eira. It's protocol. We need to trust them, trust that they will find the truth. Tell your mother that I love her, and that... I won't be home for a while."

What if I don't trust them? Eira thought, but she pursed her lips to prevent her from saying it out loud. She looked away from the window, away from the blue sky with way too many clouds. She heard a group of trees shiver.

"Come home soon."

"I will," Mr. Riley walked towards the exit of his office, "Be careful and take care of your mum."

"I will. I love you."

"Love you too."

The line clicked — an isolating and empty sound. Her throat felt constricted as she ended the call, her grip tightened on her phone. The screen with her father's name on it dimmed. How long did he have to stay? Eira hoped that it wouldn't be long. His father is a good person, they need to know that! Gataria is chaotic, can the government keep their promise of protecting the innocent? They were a government who had overruled the Royals and sent them away without any power or control over what Gataria was like. If they were planning to give Ryders a safer life, well they aren't doing a good job. Ryders were not safe-

Eira raised her head and heard a gasp — it came from her own mouth. Her fingers moved and her phone was on her ear again.

"Please no..." Eira muttered.

The line continued to beep, and Eira's hope was fading by each distant sound.

"Oh my god...!" She breathed out a vapor. That vapor swirled, a small blue translucent magic began to work. A centre drop of water, extending into six directions, symmetrical and moving. They extending small branches and a snowflake formed. It moved towards the window and the temperature fell. 

The voicemail sounded; Eira redialed.

The snowflake split, it's water particles froze a small part of the window, and then, it crawled slowly, swerving from side to side, like a knife stab in a cut-section. Frost spread and circulated around the window, until it covered every area, every corner. The lush green tree was no longer visible with the ice curtain. 

The voicemail sounded again.

---

A/N

WHO DID EIRA CALL? HMMMMM.... *author shrugs* COMMENT COMMENT! VOTE VOTE!

(if you want to... no pressure...)

LONG TIME NO WRITE! Hopefully, I will have time to write more now, since I'm in the holidays ;) 

So hey my lovely readers! How's it going? I hope you haven't given up on Snowfall and Eira :(

What do you think is going to happen? Here's a bit of hint hint of the next chapter:

"Shut up, just shut up! Why do you have to be so far away from everyone?" 

Now let's GUESS who said that and to whom! Comment below :D 

Until next time friends! 

L

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

842 169 26
In a world where meteorites caused a second ice age, Morgan has to keep her small group safe, but will it be at the expense of her own happiness or s...
178K 13.8K 35
"Water pooled around my feet, rising at an alarming rate. I stared - panicked - at the palms of my hands, willing the water gushing out of them to st...
1.4M 54.7K 62
Credits: 'MsChallenjour' for the amazing yet beautiful book cover and 'Daring2BeMe' for trying to edit the first few chapters of the book. Also, the...
506K 22.6K 55
Ryder found about his ability when he was eight. Now, at fifteen years old, he's put them to good use-or so he thinks. But when more important, more...