Can I Really Love A Shadow?

Por Tea-For-Me-Please

When Lucy Heartfilia finds Rogue and Sting stranded in Magnolia hurt and tired she offers them refuge for a n... Más

Chapter One: Dragons in Magnolia
Chapter Two: Frosch's Day Out
Chapter Three: Old Memories
Chapter Four: Ruby Eyes
Author's Note
Chapter Five: Lucy And The Twin Dragonslayers
Chapter Six: She Can't Be That Bad
Chapter Seven: Marigold Eyes
Chapter Eight: Who's Hunting Who
Chapter Nine: Beauty & The Beast
Chapter Ten: Something Missing
Chapter Twelve: Home Alone
Chapter Thirteen: Back To Basics
Chapter Fourteen: Annoying Blondes
Chapter Fifteen: Day Off
Chapter Sixteen: Aelia's Story
Chapter Seventeen: Owl Lady
re-write

Chapter Eleven: Lady Aelia

388 18 2
Por Tea-For-Me-Please

The scene began to replay in my mind, for what seemed liked centuries. I couldn't dream about anything else but the last mission. In all honesty the more the scene repeated itself, the more terrifying it became. I couldn't shake how heartless, I looked. It sent shivers down my spine, making me want to cower away in fear. And that is what I was doing this time around.

The castle walls began to manifest around me again. I was walking through the same rubble and debris that littered the castle floor. The scene played out again just like a movie. Except I was a ghost in my own memories, just observing like a bystander. I stood right in the middle of the fight. I was standing directly behind the beast and I's figures.  I closed my eyes, I couldn't bring myself to even wtach the events unfold again. Even with my eyes shut, I already knew what was happening. I knew that the girl mustering that much strength to fight that beast off was not me. She was seething with murderous intent and overwhelming power.

Off in the distance, I could hear Sting's voice, but I couldn't quite pinpoint where his voice came from. My knees began to buckle unde me, making me sink down to the ground. I brought my hands over my ears in an attempt to block out the invading noises.

The next sound I heard was the whimper of the beast and a weapon being equipped. I clamped my hands down over my ears trying not to hear the next part.

Survey the Heavens, Open the Heavens

I call upon the heavenly waters
To envelope the world
Above the heavenly sphere and
Below to the underworld
To purify all evils
Eridanus

The words felt so familiar and yet so foreign to me. I could remember letting them slip past my mouth and tumble out into the air, but I had no knowledge of it prior to this moment. Whatever that mysterious spell was, it did a lot of damage to the beast. I could feel the water rush past my body and hit the beast sending him back. I could faintly pick out the smell of blood lingering in the air. I was beyond mortified at my ruthless behaviour. I unconsciously curled up, wrapping my arms around my knees. I could hear myself move in my direction, where I was sitting before stopping in front of me.

"Look at me." I felt the tip of a blade being placed under my chin and forcing my head up. I clenched my eyes shut refusing to comply. "Look at me Lucy."

I shook my head violently, trying not to look into those empty eyes that I witnessed before hand. "No, don't hurt me." I started to violently tremble. I expected for the worse to come to me but instead a warm hand took a hold of my cheek. I flinched.

"I am not going to hurt you, dear." An ethereal voice purred. "Please open your eyes."

After a few moments, I slowly opened my eyes. A bright light flooded into my pupils, before dimming and revealing a female figure. I blinked trying to adjust to the bright light. By now the tip of the blade had been removed from my neck and the soft hand had been removed from my face. My eyes had finally adjusted to the dim lighting around me. I surveyed the area. Where ever I was it was covered in dark purples and blues that seemed to illuminate the jungle-like area. I was taken aback from the scenery. I could hear the sound of waterfalls in the distance and the animals scurrying by. My eyes drifted up into the night sky, it was absolutely breathtaking. The sky looked like it was painted with hues of purples, pinks, and blues, then small specks of white were scattered across the sky. "Where am I?"

"The spirit world, Lucy," The feminine voice replies. I unconsciously nod my head at her answer. I push myself off the ground and stood on my shaky legs. Up until now I didn't notice my articles of clothes. I was wearing a long white dress that had a blue sash around the waist and a long blue cloak strapped around my shoulders. I look up at the shadowy figure in front of me, ready to interrogate her.

"W-who are you?" I questioned, not moving an inch in the direction of the voice.

I am Lady Aelia, but you can just call me Aelia" The ethereal voice answered. I could see her figure move towards me and into the moonlight. She was gorgeous. Even though the two of us were currently inhabiting a dark forest, her radiant ebony skin made her stand out. From where I stood I couldn't quite make out her facial features other than her striking pearl-like almond shaped eyes and long black braids.

The outfit that Aelia had on hugged her slender curvy body perfectly. She had on a white cropped bodice that fell off the shoulders. The edges of her bodice were lined with small beaded lining. The bodice was also equipped with small sheer cape that attached at the shoulders to the wrist. From the center of her bodice was a string of beads that split into two strings and attached to the top of her skirt. The skirt was long and split off on either sides leaving her legs to be exposed. She looked like some type of goddess. "How do you know me?"

"You awakened me, when you were fighting Declan that wretched creature." She answered. I gave her a confused expression, I didn't summon her, I don't even know her. She recognized that I had no idea what she was talking about. She motioned for me to follow her. I stayed planted in my spot. "There is nothing to fear Lucy, I am here to help."

I hesitate. She gives me a reassuring smile. I approach Aelia with a small bit of apprehension. Even though this was a different dimension, my parents always told me to never talk to strangers even if they knew your name. I followed behind her at a slower pace watching her just in case something bad would happen. She led me through the winding paths of the beautiful jungle. I stared in awe at the scenery that we passed. The two of us came upon an opening that was surrounded by a wall of rock and a small waterfall, that created a pond at the bottom. In the center of the pond there was a blue gate that opened into a patch of trees and rocks.

I stopped in my tracks and obeserved the area around me. Aelia continued on the path towards the small garden. I stumbled after her. "What is this place? I have been to the spirit world but never this place."

She doesn't answer my question immediately. Instead she walks across the water and over to the gate. My eyes turned into the size of plates, at how she walked on top of the water. Once she got to the gate, she made her wooden staff disappear and sat down in a meditation position. As she sat down she began to hover above the ground. "What are you?"

I slowly made my way over to the pond and place my foot onto the water. I was expecting my foot to sink right through. Fortunately that did not happen, the water below my foot just illumimated under my weight. I glanced up at her on the other side, she urges me on with a smile. I brought my other foot over the water and gently put it down, illuminating that area. I began to walk over observing the way it lit up underneath me. After several minutes of my slow walking I made it to the other side of the pond with Aelia.

I stalked over to where she is hovering and sit down on a rock. I look at up her expectantly. Since I was closer to her, I could see her features perfectly. She had high cheeks bones, a straight nose dusted with freckles, and plump lips. "Now will you answer my questions?"

"Of course, where do you want me to begin."

"Where are we exactly."

"We are in the celestial spirit jungle, and currently at the spirit gate which is the entrance between other dimensions." I nod my head absently.

"Other dimensions?" I asked. "And how come I have never been here?"

"Yes other dimensions such as Earthland, Edolas, the dragon realm, and the underworld," She listed off. "As well as other parts of the celestial spirit dimension."

"Why haven't I heard about all of this?" I questioned.

"Only a small amount of celestial mages know about this place." She answered.

"Why do I know about it? What makes me so special?" I babbled. I was trying to put the pieces together and figure out what she was talking about. Then it clicked. "Is it because I did that strange spell back at the fight."

She chuckled softly. "Yes, it does have something to do with the spell of Eridanus but that is not the main reason, I have brought you here."

"What is the main reason?" I was sitting at the edge of the rock, in anticipation for her answer.

"Lucy you have been chosen to be the next celestial priestess," Aelia announces. I stare at her perfect face. "That is why you have come here."

I gave her a baffled expression. "What do you mean celestial priestess?"

"They are the ones that protect the celestial spirit world." She informed me. "They are chosen because of the strength they possess as a celestial mage."

"Don't the strongest have to have all 13 keys?" I blurted out. I was beginning to doubt her confession to me. I only had 10 of the gold keys.

"The keys do not determine your strength." She gave me a small smile, before looking up into the sky. She could somehow sense my uneasiness. Strangely enough, I felt very comfortable around her. I followed her gaze. "Let me tell you about one of the strongest priestess that I knew."

"Her name was Anna," She began; her eyes glossed over as she recalled this mysterious person. "When she first came her, she lacked the confidence in herself as you do."

"If she was the strongest you've met, then she must of had all the keys," I whispered. Aelia gave me a knowing look before returning to her story.

"No Lucy, she did not have all the keys." Aelia answered back. "She had a single key when I brought her here."

I was pretty shocked at the answer, I received. "A single key!" How is that possible. How could she be that strong with a single key.

"Yes a single one, she believed that her lack of keys would hold her back and she was not going to compare to her predecessors." Aelia turned to me with a soft expression. "Lucy with the strength that you possess you will be stronger than her." She gently placed her dark hand on my head, in a motherly way. I choked back a small sob at her compassion towards me. "All of you heartfilia's are very capable of much more than you think."

"What do you mean by that," I asked, wiping away any tears that may have escaped. Aelia removed her hand from my hair and looked back to the sky snickering. I made mental note to look into that.

"That story is for a different time. Do you have anymore questions?" She posed. I raked my brain for something to ask her.

"How am I supposed to learn about being a priestess, because a day in the celestial world will be equivalent to three months in the real world? " I inquired.

"At this very moment Lucy I have only brought your spirit her; you are currently resting in the home of the dragon boys." She informed me. I began to wonder if she just had a perfect explanation to everything or planned this whole thing out from the beginning. "I will train you in both the spirit world and Earthland."

"How are you going to train me outside of the spirit world?"

"I will provide you with my key," She stated. With the flick of her wrist a bronze key had appeared on front of me. I held out my hands as the key fell into my palm. I inspected her key. It had the same key shape design as another but held the face of an owl in the bow. The stem of the was encrusted with smal bird like feet and the tip of it was in the shape of a pair of wings. "You may summon me at any time for any purpose."

"May I ask who are you really." I looked up at her. She smirked.

"I have many different names Lucy, but the most prominent is Noctua the guardian owl." She answers. "I just prefer Aelia."

I nodded at her reveal to me."It is almost time for you to wake up Lucy.

I can't leave now, I have so many other questions to ask her about all of this. I just needed another minute here. "But I have so many things to ask you." I glance up at her and noticed she had summoned her staff. I was quick to my feet, trying to convince her to let me stay all little longer to answer my questions.

"If you need anything I will come to you Lucy, but for now rest and build your strength for training." She was no longer levitating; she was holding her staff to my forehead before muttering some ancient words. I could feel my presence being whisked away from the spirit world.

"Please, I need answers," I say before falling back into darkness, leaving Aelia behind in the spirit world.

A/N
It has been a while since I've done an authors note, but here goes nothing. Sorry for my delay of chapters, I have been testing my hand at teen fiction and short stories. I hope you liked this chapter and the mysterious Aelia.

Vote! Comment! Share!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

228K 6.4K 38
She was never born to be loved and she herself knew that. As far back as she could remember, there wasn't a single time where she had been loved; eve...
2.5M 70.8K 74
Natsu Dragneel and Lisanna Strauss kick Lucy out of Team Natsu. The heartbroken girl trains hard, fueled by the rejection and joins Sabertooth. Who i...
391K 14.4K 81
Openly humiliated and rejected right in front of her friends; Lucy found herself standing on the opposite end of the room while her friends all laugh...
3.8K 78 28
Gray, Loke, Laxus, Sting and Natsu. Who will win Lucy's heart after she was kidnapped by a dark guild for a reason connected to her past? I do not ow...