Love Happens - A Draco/Hermio...

By imbkaas

Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger met before they started at Hogwarts and became friends. But this was before... More

First Year
Second Year
Third & Fourth Year
Malfoy Happened
We Were Friends Once
Happy Birthday Hermione
Just Friends
Jealousy
I Love...
Nothing To Fear
A Thousand Times Yes
Obliviate
Choco-loco
I Trust You
A Great Start
A Valid Reason
Only The Beginning
Please... Stop
Friends
The Hardest Choice
She's Gone
Why Are We Friends?
Australia!
Avada Kedavra
Never Got That Far
All ze boys like her, don't zey?
It's really bad
Come what may
Love Hurts Sneakpeak

Please Say Something

15.8K 387 95
By imbkaas

I OWN NOTHING!!! THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE AND ALL ITS CHARACTERS BELONG TO J. K. ROWLING!!!

So I'm in a good mood today, so I decided to write another chapter. I hope you guys like it! :)
Please don't forget to vote and comment! It makes so happy to see that I'm getting some votes now! And my story is at 450+ views now :) yay! Thanks everyone!

I've dedicated this chapter to Nrwekwgaw, as a thanks for my new cover! :) Thank you!

I hope you like chapter 10 :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10 - Please Say Something

The kiss was over too quick. It had only been a small peck; Draco had pulled away almost immediately. But I leaned in for another kiss. Draco groaned and moved away from me.

         “Hermione, you have no idea how hard it is for me to stay away from you right now. Please don’t tempt me.” He said. I was confused, stay away from me? Why would he do that?

         “Then don’t.” he looked at me, “Draco, please just kiss me.” I begged. He sighed and looked away again.

         “I… I can’t! Hermione… You’re hurt from seeing Ron kiss someone else. You really don’t want to be with me,” Draco said. I wiped my eyes and tried to laugh it off.

         “No. You’re wrong.” I whispered, Draco took my hand started caressing it.

         “I’m not sweetheart. As much as it hurts to say this you love Ron, and you know it. You’re just hurting now.” He quietly said, I looked at him and realized how sad he looked. For once, his face showed no trace of anger or scepticism; his eyes displayed sorrow, “I don’t want to take advantage of you while you’re depressed.” I narrowed my eyes at him. He couldn’t be serious! Damn him. I didn’t believe him though. I knew him! He wouldn’t be able to pull away once we began to kiss.

Ugh, I shouldn’t kiss him though. He was right; I was just sad, I really did love Ron. It had broken my heart to see him with Lavender. I actually had no right to be mad at him. I had been snogging Draco a few times myself. I just hadn’t been caught doing it. I needed to talk to Ron. Face-to-face.

         “Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?” I asked curiously.

Draco sighed, “I know now that nothing will happen between us. I just want to be friends, and I want to help you with any problems you have. Even if it means helping you fix your relationship with Weasley.” I smiled at that last part.

         “Thanks. But I don’t think we can fix it. He loves Lavender. I overheard him saying it. I just need to come clean about you, and then I'll just deal with whatever he wants to do. You’re right I love him, but if he doesn’t love me as well, I don’t want to force him to be with me.” I muttered. My eyes began to water again and a tear escaped. Draco moved towards me, and wiped the tear away with his thumb. His hand rested on my cheek and I looked him in the eyes. They were filled with concern.

         “If Weasley choses Brown over you he’s an idiot. You are the most precious thing in this world; you deserve to be treated with respect. You shouldn’t be his girlfriend if he keeps cheating on you.” He said and I chuckled at his words.

         “I was the first one to cheat.” I reminded him, Draco just smiled and kissed my forehead.

         “No. You didn’t cheat. I forced you to kiss me both times. It wasn’t your choice.” He explained.

I smiled at him, “Yes, you kissed me both times. But I didn’t stop it. I kissed you back.”

         “You should get to bed love. We both need some sleep.” He said.

Emotions flared up inside of me as he called me ‘love’. I was speechless. No one, not even Ron, had ever called me that. Draco seemed to realize the change in me. He looked at me questioningly. I just shook my head and stood up. Draco followed me to my room, I considered just closing the door behind me, but then decided to leave it open, as a discrete way of inviting him in. He seemed to get it and went into my room, closing the door behind him. He sat down on my bed and watched me closely. I could feel his gaze on my back as I went into my bathroom to change.

It took me about ten minutes to change into my, very unattractive, pyjamas, remove make-up, wash my face and brush my teeth. I put my hair up in a bun and went back into my room. Draco was now lying on my bed, reading a book. I sat down on my bed next to him.

         “Romeo and Juliet? Seriously?” I asked, and he quickly closed the book.

         “It was lying on your nightstand. I was curious.” He shrugged. I giggled and took the book from him, placing it on my nightstand again.

         “I love this story. It’s the most epic love story of all times.” I murmured. Draco raised an eyebrow at me, “You should read it. I'll bet you 20 galleons you’ll cry.” I continued. Draco crawled across my bed grabbing the book again.

         “Deal. I like a challenge.” He said and winked at me, he slowly started to get out of my bed when I grabbed his wrist.

         “Draco… please stay with me. I need a friend right now.” I whispered, tear welling up in my eyes once again.

         “Damn it Hermione. I can’t say no to a crying girl.” He muttered. I blinked a few times to make the tears disappear, Draco sighed, “Fine. I'll just go to my room to change into my pyjamas.” He said, I nodded and let go of him. When he had left my room, I went underneath my blankets and tried to stay calm. I kept seeing Lavender and Ron when I closed my eyes. I had begun to tear up again, when I felt Draco getting into the bed as well. I turned to face him.

         “Thank you.” I whispered and lightly pecked him on his lips. He blinked in confusion, but I just smiled at him. I snuggled into him and breathed in his scent. It was overwhelming, indescribable. The most wonderful thing I had ever smelled. He reluctantly put his arms around me.

         “No problem sweetheart.” He murmured in my hair. The last thing I remembered before falling into a deep, dreamless sleep was the touch of his lips on my forehead.

DRACO’S POV

I was actually quite proud of myself. I could have taken advantage of Hermione; I could’ve kissed her back. But instead I rejected her. I was going to kick Weasleys arse the next time I saw him though. I couldn’t believe he did that! Who would be so stupid to cheat on this girl? Hermione was sleeping soundly in my arms. I kissed her on the top of her head again. Every five minutes I did this. I was hurting. I had told her to stay with him. It was the stupidest choice I had ever made. I regretted it now. Damn, why was I so stupid?

I knew I did the right thing. She obviously still loves him. Hermione moved in my arms, I saw a tear roll down her cheek. She loved him a lot! Catching him cheating on her had been horrible for her. She even cried in her sleep.

I wanted to leave her room, to get away from her. I couldn’t stand to see her cry. But at the same time, I didn’t want to leave. Who knew when I’d be able to be this close to her again? I sighed and closed my eyes.

 .......

         “Draco… wake up.” Someone was shaking me; the voice of an angel woke me up. My eyes fluttered and I looked straight into Hermiones brown ones. She was still looking incredibly sad; her eyes were red and a little swollen.

         “Good morning angel.” I whispered, and she smiled sadly.

         “I’m no angel.” I laughed at her and kissed her forehead once more.

         “Yes you are.” I said and stroked her cheek, “Are you going to talk to Weasley today?” She froze in the middle of a movement, her breathing, which had been almost normal, turned uneven.

         “No. I… I d-don’t want to t-talk to him ev-ever again.” She stuttered. I put my arms around her and pulled her close for a hug. She seemed to relax; her breathing evened again. She sighed as she pulled away from me. “Thanks for staying with me all night.” She said and looked me in the eye. I smiled at her.

         “No problem. Any time sweetheart.” I said and got out of the bed. I went out her room, and into mine to get changed into my robes. I left our common room alone, leaving Hermione to get ready alone, and went down for breakfast in the Great Hall.

HERMIONE’S POV

I didn’t know what to do about Ron. He had basically broken my heart last night. I think I could’ve dealt a whole lot better with the cheating thing if it had been anyone else. Just not Lavender. I knew I couldn’t trust her. She had been way to clingy ever since we got back to school. I didn’t want to see her or Ron or anyone at all for that matter. I stayed in bed most of the morning. I knew I shouldn’t skip school for such a dumb thing, but I just couldn’t make myself get up.

I ended up spending most of my day finishing Romeo & Juliet. At about the time when classes had finished for the day, I heard the portrait open and Draco entered. Only seconds later he came into my room. When I looked up from my book, I saw him standing in the doorway leaning against the frame.

         “You can’t avoid them forever.” He said. I threw my book on the nightstand and sighed.

         “I know. I just don’t want to face him… or her.” I sneered the last word. Draco smirked, “I don’t know what to do about it. I don’t even know if I love him anymore.”

         “Yes you do.” He sighed and went to sit down on my bed next to me, “you just need to realize it.” He continued while gently, yet awkwardly, patting me on my back.

I looked sceptically at him, “How?” He smiled at pulled me in to for a hug

         “I don’t know. You have to figure it out yourself.” He whispered in my ear. Damn, he was right. But how was I supposed to do that?

Oh, I got it! The Mirror of Erised. If I were still in love with Ron, it would show me the same reflection: me in the future with Ron by my side. If that wasn’t the reflection, me feelings must have changed. I didn’t know which of those two I wanted the most. I immediately left Draco, sitting alone in my room, and went through the castle. I tried to use as many short cuts as I knew, so I wouldn’t bump into anyone I knew. Of course, luck was not my friend. I ran right into Ron on the stairs.

         “Oh, I’m sorry…” he began before noticing it was me, when he realized whom he had just bumped in to, he shut up.

         “Ron…” I breathed, not knowing what to say. As we were standing on the staircase, it began to move. I didn’t look at him until it had stopped, I immediately ran up the staircase and away from him. He followed me. Of course.

         “Hermione! Stop!” he yelled behind me. I had no intention of doing so. But eventually he caught up to me. He got a hold of my arm and pulled me close to him. I still refused to look at him. “Please let me explain!” he begged. I felt tears in my eyes, but I stopped fighting him.

         “What is there to explain?” I whispered. I felt his hand underneath my chin; he forced me to look at him. His blue eyes pierced into mine.

         “I didn’t kiss Lavender.” He began, but I cut him off.

         “Don’t lie! I saw you, you bloody liar!” I cried. Ron put his hand over my mouth to stop me from talking.

         “Let me finish babe…” he said, I shot him an angry glare and bit down on one of his fingers. He cried out in pain and removed his hand. He waited for me to yell at him some more, but when I didn’t he took a breath and continued talking. “I’m not lying. I didn’t kiss Lavender. She kissed me. I don’t know how much you heard of our conversation, but she told me she loved me. I was about to tell her how much I love you, when she cut me off and kissed me. I’m guilty of not pulling away fast enough though, and I’m sorry for that. But Hermione, sweetheart, I love you! Please believe me.” He said. I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t know if I should believe him. My heart had been broken when I saw him kissing Lavender.

         “It doesn’t matter whether you kissed her, or she kissed you. You two kissed. That’s the problem. Ronald, I don’t think I can trust you around her anymore. Actually, I don’t think I can trust you anymore at all. I don’t know if I want to trust you ever again.” I said.

         “Please Hermione. I love you. I need you.” He begged. He began to lean down so he could kiss me.

         “I kissed Draco Malfoy!” I blurted out, and then immediately covered my mouth with my hands. It had to be said at some point, I just didn’t want it to be like this. Ron pulled away again.

         “You did what?” he sneered. He grabbed both of my arms and forced my hands away from my face.

         “I kissed Draco.” I whispered. Ron was stunned; he had absolutely no emotion on his face.

         “Are you kidding me? You saw me kissing Lavender, so you decided to just run along and snog Malfoy?” he yelled. I shook my head.

         “No! It wasn’t like that. I'll admit I tried kissing him last night, but he rejected me. Telling me he wouldn’t take advantage of me while I was sad.” I said, Ron didn’t say anything. He just looked at me with anger in his eyes. “We have kissed before though. Twice.” I mumbled. He deserved to know. I put my hand on his cheek.

         “Please say something.”

He looked at me, “I can’t believe you. Of all people, Malfoy?” he sneered. I hesitantly nodded.

         “I like him Ron. I never told you this, but him and I used to be friends. He likes me too I guess. So we kissed. It didn’t mean anything though!” I cried.

         “You like him! How can it not mean anything?” asked Ron, hatred shone from his eyes.

         “I don’t know Ron. I don’t know what I feel anymore.” I felt tears running down my cheeks.

         “Let me help you then.” He said, letting me go, “We are done Hermione. I can’t believe you. Don’t speak to me again until you figure your feelings out.” He said and then turned around and left. I stood still after he had gone for a while. I didn’t know what to do. Finally, I was able to move again. I slowly made my way to the deserted hallway and the Mirror of Erised.

Unlocking the door, I entered the room. The mirror still stood in the middle of the otherwise empty classroom. I pulled off the piece of fabric and looked at the reflection.

A/N I hope you liked this chapter! I liked writing it at least! Please don't forget to vote and comment! Can I maybe get 3 votes/comments before my next upload? I think that's a fair amount to ask for? If you vote, I'll upload faster! :) Votes and comments inspire me a lot! So please, it'd make me very happy! I love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 337 27
Hermione Granger has loved Draco Malfoy since the first time they met. However, she is unsure if she should continue to like him for her 2 best frien...
680K 14.9K 36
The Wizarding War is over. Voldemort is dead. The Wizarding World is now peaceful. Wizards and Witches are still reminiscing about the past. Hermion...
729K 19K 43
Hermione and Draco had been enemies from the first time they saw each other but something had happened in the years they were, Draco felt something t...
6.2K 80 30
After the Second Wizarding War and Hogwarts has been pieced back together to reopen- Hermione Granger makes the decision to finish her education as i...