Limerence

By ThisIsRoseB

(Y/n) (L/n), the victim of an abusive relationship finds herself in danger and is put under the polices prote... More

Before you read
Chapter 1- Gray
Chapter 2- Scents
Chapter 3- Burning
Chapter 4- Curiosity
Chapter 5- Fear
Chapter 6- Comfort
Chapter 8- Sleep
Chapter 9- Aggression
Chapter 10- Lost
Chapter 11- Vulnerable
Chapter 12- Isolation
Chapter 13- Warmth
Chapter 14- Elation
Chapter 15- Happiness
Chapter 16- Indifferent
Chapter 17- Content
Chapter 18- Lust
Chapter 19- Compassion
Chapter 20 Ending

Chapter 7- Relief

2.6K 70 16
By ThisIsRoseB

~(Y/n) P.O.V. ~

I gasped for air and sat up in the bed. I had unconsciously gripped onto the sheets next to me and I was hyperventilating. Tears rolled down my face uncontrollably and I needed someone.

Rafael quickly sat up after my sudden thrust out of bed and he grabbed my shoulder. "(Y/n) are you okay? What's wrong?"

I shook my head furiously and tried wiping away my tears. "I-I must have had a night terror, I'm sorry," I said as I continued to suck in the air.
"You're sweating really bad and you're wearing a tight shirt. Let me get you something more comfortable." He groggily stepped out of bed and walked to his closet. He pulled out a white button-up shirt and handed it to me. "I'll turn away. Just tell me when you finish."

I was embarrassed and flustered but I hurriedly took off my striped shirt and slipped on his, buttoning it up. It was baggy and loose. It was nice, I must admit. "Okay..."

He turned and didn't say much. It was dark and all that could be seen was the alarm clock, which said 5:15 a.m. "Shit," he said."It's about time for me to get up anyways. work is starting back up for me today." He ruffled his hair while yawning and walked to the door. He picked up his outfit for the day also. "You should go back to sleep." He stepped out, shutting the door behind him.

I slipped off my, skirt and felt instantly relieved. "Damn, with my bra off, this would be even better." Yet I left it on. I stood up and walked to the closet, opening the door. It was quite large for an apartment but I didn't complain. I switched on the light and looked at myself in the full-body mirror sitting against the wall.

Damn, I looked pretty sexy. This loose shirt and my messy hair, which looked surprisingly good for messy hair. I stepped out of the bedroom and walked down the hall, taking my time. I was free today and that meant a horror movie marathon for me. Maybe I'll relax in a hot bath also. I smiled to myself while in thought. I walked into the kitchen and made a cup of coffee from what Rafael had left over. It was getting bright outside while I leaned against a kitchen counter with my coffee.

"Oh, oh... I'm sorry, um. I'm sorry..." I turned to see Rafael with his gaze trailed to the side.
"Oh, Rafael. I thought you had left for work... Sorry to startle you." I chuckled.
"You didn't startle me... It was more of a 'caught me off guard' sort of thing." His gaze was still away.
"W-What do you me-" I looked down, realizing that I no longer had my skirt on. My face became as crimson as the tie that Rafael once wore. I opened my mouth to speak but I could barely stutter out a word. He must have noticed my reaction because he choked back a small laugh.
"Don't worry about it (Y/n)... I was just heading out the door anyway." He tossed me a grin and walked out the front door. All I wanted to do was scream at the moment but he would hear me and just come right back in! God, that was so embarrassing!

He didn't seem to have trouble looking me in the face though... His eyes never wandered down while I was having my small fit. Was he not interested in it? Not that that was my intent because it wasn't. I had just forgotten but I can't help but wonder... I don't need to get myself excited over such ideas anyway. What are the odds?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had been relaxing in the bathtub and when my phone suddenly rang. It was Rafael.
"Hello? (Y/n), how are you feeling?" He said on the other end. I could feel him smiling across the line and my cheeks burned, which he knew would happen of course. He got a kick out of that sort of thing.
"Ha ha, now what do you need? I'm relaxing." I said as I swished my feet around through the bubbly water.
"Well, I'm sorry but you need to head up here right away. You know I've been working on your case and well. Olivia managed to get us in court today. We can send Dustin away." His voice was reassuring in the last sentenced and it calmed me more than the hot bath I was in.

I couldn't help but smile and nod, even though he couldn't see it. "I'll be right down there. I will meet you at the courthouse." With that, I hung up. I drained the tub and got myself ready. I wore a red knit sweater with a black plaid skirt and a small belt. This was another outfit I thoroughly enjoyed.

I called a taxi, and to the courthouse, I went.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The judge had just set down at her bench and she motioned the bailiff to the jury. "Everyone may be seated."

The jury had been sworn in and Rafael stood. "Your Honor and ladies and gentlemen of the jury: the defendant has been charged with Aggravated Domestic Assault in the First Degree, Aggravated Sexual Assault in the First Degree, and has been charged with rape against (Y/n) (L/n) on the morning of July 23. The evidence I will present to you will show precisely how the suspect acted upon these crimes. We have video surveillance of the incident, a couple of witnesses, and the victim to speak on their behalf." He nodded and sat down, leaving the defendant to stand and speak.
"Nothing further, your Honor." He said, sitting back down.

The judge nodded and continued, "The prosecution may call its first witness."
"The People call the woman who found (Y/n) the morning of the crime," Rafael spoke while buttoning his blazer.

The witness was walked to the stand and was told to raise her right hand. "Please stand. Raise your right hand. Do you promise that the

testimony you shall give in the case before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" Said the clerk.
"I do."

"Please state your first and last name."

"Emily Kirk."

"You may be seated." The clerk nodded and sat down.

Rafael stood and leaned against his table. "Emily, where were you on the morning of July 23?"

"I was at Central Park."

"And what were you doing there that early in the morning, and may I state that this was at the time of 5 a.m. to 7 a.m."

"I was out for my morning jog before work."

"You were supposedly the first person to find (Y/n) when she was out cold, am I correct?"

"Yes."

"And when you found her, what was your initial reaction."

The witnessed seemed distressed and sad. As if the memories had made her upset in a way. "I had thought she was asleep but when I got closer, her clothes were torn and she was beaten. Her eye was bruised. At that time, I realized she had just been through a horrendous event."

Rafael nodded, "and what did you do afterward?"

"I called 911 right away and waited for an ambulance to arrive with her."

"Did you go with them to the hospital?"

"Yes, I felt like I needed to explain how I had found her."

"Thank you, no further questions." Rafael sat down and shuffled his files.

The judge looked to the defendant, "Does the defendant have any questions?"

"Mm yes, your Honor." He stood and paced a bit. "Emily, it has come to my attention that you are married and to a woman? Is that correct?"

"Objection! Relevance?" Rafael stands and stared down the defendant.

The defendant looked to the judge. "I have a point to make."

"Overruled." Said the judge.

Emily nodded, "Yes..."

"So you're gay?"

"Objection!!" Rafael yelled.

"Rephrase... You are attracted to woman? Could you by chance of thought (Y/n) was attractive when you first saw her? Who's to say you didn't find her after, but maybe before."

"N-No, I saw her after she had been attacked!"

"But could you or could you not have found her attractive? Yes or no?"

"Yes, I suppose... but I didn't. I'm happily married!

"Bullshit!" Dustin yelled, standing up. "Look at (Y/n)!!" He yelled, looking at me. "She even dresses like a slut!"

"Objection, your Honor! Objection!"

"Order, Order! Dustin you will keep your mouth shut or you will be held in contempt of court! The Jury will disregard what they had just heard."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The judge was rubbing her temples and she looked to the jury. "Has the jury reached a verdict?"

"Yes." said a juryman.

The clerk stood and looked at a paper, reciting, "On the charge of Aggravated Domestic Assault in the First Degree, the Jury finds the defendant not guilty. On the charge of Aggravated Sexual Assault in the First Degree, the Jury finds the defendant guilty. On the charge of Rape, the Jury finds the defendant, guilty."

My stomach dropped and tears ran down my cheeks.

The judge nodded. "The Jury is thanked and excused. Court is adjourned."

~ Rafael's P.O.V. ~

(Y/n) jumped and wrapped her arms around me while tears ran down her cheeks. I had the biggest smile and I hugged her back, just as tight. "I told you I would protect you and make sure he was put away..." I whispered in her ear. I felt her nod against me and I held her there. I looked up and saw Olivia and Nick smiling at us and walking over. Liv patted (Y/n)'s back and smiled.

"Congrats (Y/n). You're safe now."

Nick nodded and looked at me. "What are you going to do now that you're safe? You gonna find a new apartment or keep the one you have? Or have you gotten used to your ADA?" He smirked at Olivia, Rafael, and I.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out and I just looked down. I felt Rafael's hand on my back and he looked down at me. "Don't worry. We will get it figured out."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5.1K 31
COMPLETED #24 in Action [September 11, 2015] One woman's story of survival in the Wasteland that was once known as Earth. From Immortan Joe's prized...
16.6K 326 10
A RORY KEANER X READER STORY Moving In with your Cousin Ethan and Experiencing a crazy first day between a weird flirt and Drama Club kids. You're i...
922K 21.2K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.