The Missing Bride

By jaxxattack

⭐️A work in progress ⭐️Pre Editing ⭐️Lgbtq+ / Romance There is always a truth behind just kidding. A littl... More

Dedication
Chapter 1

Chapter 2

0 0 0
By jaxxattack

*John's POV*

"Katherine..... I uh I"
"You two know each other?" Taylor asked his face going pale. "Yep," Katherine says popping the p.

"What the fuck dad! You're a married man! This is wrong, does mom know?" Katherine screams at me moving closer and jabbing her finger into my face.

"Katherine.... please let me explain," I glance over at Taylor and he steps away from me with a disgusted look on his face. "I met Taylor almost a year ago, me and your mother were in a fight, I was a the bar," I take a deep breath.

"Taylor sat next to me and we talked, it was perfect, he comforted me without knowing my problem and soon we fell in love" I glance a Katherine then quickly look back down to my feet seeing that she has started to cry.

Taylor walks over and puts an arm around Katherine. "I think it's best if you leave," he says looking at me in a way I've never seen him look at anyone.

I pick up my windbreaker and step out of the apartment. I know what I've done is wrong, but I couldn't help loving Taylor, and my wife she has been suffering. She has cancer and I can't leave her, not while she's sick.

I had planned on waiting until she got better and then telling her that we had just grown apart. I was planning on telling her about Taylor, but I guess Katherine will do that for me now.

*Taylor's POV*

I walk her into the living room and we sit down on the couch. She's sobbing, shaking, and holding on to me for dear life. It's as if she were to let go she would simply float away.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know that he was married, I didn't know that he had children," I slowly pull my fingers through her tangled hair. "I'm sorry."

We sit like that for over an hour, her crying and me comforting her until finally she sits up and wipes her eyes. "Please don't apologize to me, it's not your fault," her skin is pink and she looks completely helpless.

I nod and then we just sit there, no words were spoken for the next half hour but the silence was comforting in knowing that only a few inches away there was a living being, a working mind, a beating heart.

*Katherine's POV*

I glance down at my phone and realize that two hours had passed since my dad left. "Taylor, I think it's best that I go home now," I say looking over at him.

"Do you want me to call you a cab?" he asks looking over at me. "Nah, I left my car in the bar parking lot," I say, standing.

Taylor stands and we look at each other for a brief moment before he closes the space between us and engulfs me in a hug. After a moment I pull away and thank him one last time before leaving.

The walk over to the bar parking lot is cold and I didn't bring a jacket because the weather last night had been quite warm. When I finally reach my car I get in and turn on the heater.

I pull out of the parking lot and as I go to turn the corner a man jumps out in front of my car. I swerve, but it's too late, I hear a thud and the mans body is halfway through my front window.

The airbags go off and my head is slammed back into my seat, the cut on my nose reopens and I black out.

*Taylor's POV*

I watch her walk over to the parking lot and get into her car. She turns the corner, a man walks down the sidewalk, as he sees her speed up he starts to run.
I scream but it's too late, the man throws himself in front of her car.

His body crashes through her front window. She tried to swerve, but the man knew what he was doing, he threw himself in front of her car.

The man was John.

I run down the stairs of my apartment not caring to try the elevator, I pull out my phone and dial 911.

"911 What's your emergency?" The operator asks.
"I've just witnessed a car crash.......

*Time skip to when the emergency services arrive*

John is pronounced dead on the spot and Katherine is loaded into an ambulance, she's unconscious.

I follow the ambulance to the hospital and wait in the waiting room and I cry, I cry for the man I loved who is now gone, I cry for his family, and I cry for Katherine.

And hour later a nurse walks over telling me that Katherine is awake. The nurse walks me to Katherine's room and tells me to be calm and just talk to her.

Katherine smiles when she sees me and I lightly wave. "Taylor?" She says. "Yeah," I nod.

"Why are you here?" She asks glancing around the room. "I saw the whole crash, I'm the person who called 911...." her eyes darken and she frowns.

"Is it my fault, was I speeding when I hit the man?" she asks. "No, the man he um well, he jumped out in front of your car."

"Katherine, the man, he was... your dad."

*Katherine's POV*

"Katherine, the man, he was... your dad," Taylor says. I scrunch up my face and it takes me a minute to process, my father jumped out in front of my car... on purpose.

"Is he okay, is he alive?" I ask, but I soon regret it.
"Katherine, when he went through your front window, a piece of glass lodged into his head, he didn't make it."

My stomach drops and I begin to shake. A million questions race through my head.

Does my mom know? Did my dad know that I was the one driving the car? Where is my mom? Am I okay? Why am I in the hospital?

"Taylor, do you know where my phone is?" I ask.
He nods picking it up out of a box where the clothes that I was wearing during the crash are placed.

The first thing I do is call my mom.

*The phone call*

Katherine: Mom I've been in a car crash, I'm at the hospital near your house, I need you.

Katherine's mom: Okay sweetie, let me call your dad and I'll go pick him up from work and bring him as well.

Katherine: Mom, you can't. Dad...... he was in the crash as well.

Katherine's mom: What? That's impossible. He was supposed to be at work today.

Katherine: I know mom, we have a lot to catch up on. I love you, I'll see you in a minute.

Katherine's mom: I love you too sweetie.

Call Ended

I turn on the TV and find the news. And there it is "BREAKING NEWS," it's kind of strange to hear about something you've done on the news. You know what happened, you were there, all they know it that there was a crash and that one of us didn't survive.

But, I know the whole story.

I know that my father cheated on my mother, I know the man who my father was in an intimate relationship with, I know that my father waited over an hour so that he could throw himself in front of my car and be killed by his own daughter.

I look over at Taylor and he's watching me, I motion for him to come over and he does.

"Come a bit closer, it's hard for me to speak very loud," and he does, he leans in I can feel his breath against my skin. I swiftly lean forwards smashing my lips into his, but he doesn't pull away.

Instead he melts into the kiss and instead of feeling like complete strangers who had just met the day before, he feels like someone I've known for years.

"Katherine!!!! Momma is here!!!!" my mother says as she steps into the room. "Oh my word, I didn't mean to walk in on your make out session!" she says grinning.

I pull away from Taylor and blush as his face turns bright red. He takes a step back and then calms himself down.

"Hello, I'm Taylor," he says holding out his hand for a handshake. "I'm Jane, and I like hugs!" my mother says laughing and pulling him in for a hug.

*Time skip to a couple hours later*

The nurse just dropped in to tell me that they would be discharging me within the next hour. Taylor and my mom really hit it off and I'm glad to see that they are getting along.

Although, I assume that they won't after she finds out what happened between him and my dad, but you never really know with my mom. Her mind works in strange ways.

I grab my phone and the first thing that I notice are the overwhelming amounts of Instagram notifications.

49 missed calls
Instagram: 582k notifications
5678 missed messages

I log on to Instagram and my page is blowing up.
Mainly due to the picture that I posted earlier.

685k likes| 394k comments
Yes, the rumors are true. I am in the hospital. There was a small car crash. 😢
Comments:
Username1 Oh no, are you okay???
Username2 Yeah, Are you? ^
Username3 Oh no!!! Get better soon doll. I'm praying for you. ❤️

*Taylors POV*

I've been talking to Jane for the past hour and I now understand why John loved her so much. She is extremely beautiful, hilarious, and amazingly witty.
I now see where Katherine gets it from.

Apparently Jane has cancer, I feel terrible talking to her without her knowing about her husbands death. I finally can't take it anymore.

"Jane, John is dead," she only nods her head. She doesn't cry or look phased at all. "On the way here I heard about the crash on the radio, they said he was pronounced dead on the spot," she says acting extremely calm.

"I'm sorry for your loss," I say patting her on the shoulder. "Don't be, John was a good man, he's now in a better place, he won't have to worry about paying the bills or paying for my treatments."

"John will finally be free," she says nodding her head as if her response is perfectly normal. I force a light smile and softly pat her shoulder.

Katherine looks at me and I know what she's thinking. Do I plan on telling Jane about me and John?

*Jane's POV*

The nurse walks in and looks at Katherine then back at me. "It's in Katherine's best interest that she stays with someone who can care for her for a while at least, although the crash didn't do much damage she might have minor memory loss, or find it hard to walk for a while."

I just nod, not really listening, I keep a straight face. Being strong is my forte, I may be dying but I will not go down crying, I will go down with a fight.

My husband may have just passed away, but my daughter lived.

"I have a guest bedroom that she can stay in until she gets better," Taylor says glancing at Jane to make sure that it's okay with her.

She nods and I don't say a word.

*Time skip to after Katherine is discharged and they are in Taylor's car*

*Taylors POV*

"So do we need to head over to your house so that we can grab some things?" I ask glancing over at Katherine.

She nods and I hand her my phone so that she can type in her address.

*Time skip to when they arrive at Katherine's house*

I walk her up to her apartment and she allows me to follow her in, immediately she begins grabbing things. Clothes, makeup, a toothbrush, face cleanser, and her shower products.

Then she stops, she suddenly grabs a picture frame. "Who is this?" she asks shoving the picture towards me.

"I don't know, but you seem to have a lot of pictures of her," I say looking around. I watch as her face scrunches up and she glances around the room.

"Was I some kind of stalker?" she asks giggling. "Probably," I say trying to keep a straight face.

"Although you seem to have a lot of pictures of her, you are in most of them, maybe you guys used to be friends."

"Maybe," Katherine says picking up most of the stuff in her pile and throwing it into a duffel bag.

*Katherine's POV*

I know that it's probably nothing, but when I look over at the pictures of the girl it hurts to not remember someone who was obviously a big part of my life at some point in time.

I wonder if she remembers me, or if we are still friends. I walk back into my room to grab a pair of earbuds from my nightstand and that's when I see it.
A tiny black box, I open it and inside there is a single golden wedding band.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...