You & Me

Per Kotori-Yui

Becoming virtual friends was the only way Sorey found to confess to Mikleo. Més

1
2
4

3

302 11 4
Per Kotori-Yui

A/Ns:
Yô ^0^)/ here I am again with one more chap :3 and I still can't believe how fast I am with the updates lmao (seriously, I'm terrible with them usually uXu)

As usual, sorry for my ugly mistakes m(uvu)m
Then, enjoy this as much as it's possible ;3 ! ~  

**

Having changed his shoes for the ones from school, Mikleo saved his other pair inside his small locker. Closing its door carefully, the boy looked at his right side, to the locker right next to his; Sorey's locker. A soft yet uncomfortable pang in his heart bothered him again. The way to school had felt awfully boring without Sorey, and when he had arrived at the school gates without Sorey by his side, he had felt a certain emptiness within him. And now, while looking at Sorey's locker and not having the boy there with him, smiling and talking to him like always, made him even more aware of how incomplete his life was without his friend by his side.

Mikleo's mouth let out a small sigh. He felt stupidly ridiculous. His friend was just sick at home, and probably would be back tomorrow as if his fever had never happened, so it was completely pointless feeling so depressed over Sorey's absence. Yet here he was, getting bothered over every little detail even though he had been with Sorey not too long ago.

Putting his feelings aside for now, Mikleo looked at his wristwatch checking the time. He noticed that he was too late for his first class, thus he decided not to interrupt it, and head instead for the library, while waiting for his next class. He would take the opportunity to study some more. His tests would be this upcoming friday, thus he still had two more days to study; and every minute doing it was important.

SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM

Re-reading the last sentence of his notes, Mikleo sighed, feeling too tired already. He knew he had been the one deciding to study, yet he still had a long day of classes ahead, thus he decided to stop for now.

He looked at his wristwatch; 15 more minutes remained until the bell that would announce break time rung. His eyes looked back at his open books and notebooks. He didn't know what to do with the remaining time. If only Sorey was there... Wait, that was actually a stupid thought. Had Sorey been there, they would have been both attending classes.

The boy let out another sigh. He noticed that lately he had been sighing a lot. It was mainly because of Sorey. Maybe he should punish him in some way; like not making him his bentou... or maybe cooking something he disliked...

"That'd be pointless." Mikleo ended up uttering to himself, feeling a certain frustration at his own thoughts.

Speaking of his bentou, he had brought Sorey's bentou with him. Well the other boy was sick at home, so his mother would cook for him. But, what should he do with it? Maybe, give it to someone else...? He would think about it later, anyways.

His eyes scanned his surroundings, noticing how empty the library was while classes were in course. Looking back at his things, his cell phone over the table caught his full attention. An harder thump of his heart made his hand twitch as it tried to grab the device. A strong will of sending a text to Sorey to ask him how he felt, was born within him. Mikleo pondered for a long while if he really should do it. What if Sorey was sleeping and his text awoke him? Or worse... what if Sorey found him too bothersome? After all he had already seen him today, and getting a message from his friend would probably end up being too much...?

Mikleo frowned frustrated. When it came to Sorey he ended up thinking minutely about every single thing that he should, or not, do. And, in the end, he would give up on half of his ideas.

Trying to get rid of his negative emotions, Mikleo unlocked his cell phone, noticing the notification of an unread message on his chat. He got surprised for a moment, but thinking better, he remembered of putting his phone on silence before entering in the library.

All of a sudden, his mind brought back memories of The_Shepherd. Mikleo's heart skipped a beat as he recalled the very last message he had sent. If he thought well about it, Mikleo realized that what he had asked had been too selfish. The other person had confessed to him, and loving Sorey as much as he did, he obviously rejected them. Yet, in the end, he had asked them if they could tell him their identity, without even realizing that his words were more cruel than he had wanted. As he too was in a situation of unrequited love, he better than anyone else, should understand how The_Shepherd felt. Mikleo was regretting his tactless message. Truly. He should apologize.

Although such thoughts ran through his mind, without actually checking his inbox, Mikleo would never know for sure if the message he got was from The_Sheperd or not. Thus, he moved his thumb over his phone's screen, tapping over the small red envelope and saw how a new window popped up, revealing the unread message.

The first thing that his eyes did was checking the sender's name. Mikleo confirmed his previous suspicions, yet he still felt a certain nervousness as he read the pen name. The guilt he had felt moments ago, returned to bother him. He frowned as he tried to ignore his negative feelings. For now, he should just read the message.

And so, he did.

"The Shepherd: Hi.
I'm sorry for disappearing so suddenly yesterday (*_ _)

As for what you asked... I'm sorry, again, but I still don't feel ready to let you know who I am. But I'd like to talk to you more if that's possible...?"

Mikleo read the message, surprised at the double apology. If there had been someone in the wrong, it had been him. Yet, even though he should show more concern and feel more guilty, The_Shepherd's words made him feel treasured, above all. That person cared about him. And even though he didn't know them, Mikleo felt a certain happiness within him; especially at his request that gave him the impression that that person was slightly desperate to create a connection with him. His face flushed lightly. Did they like him so much? It was a little embarrassing, as he had never really considered having someone else liking him in such a way. His heartbeat increased ever so slightly. He really didn't want to questionThe_Shepherd's feelings right now; nor any time soon. It would be─was too embarrassing. Mikleo wouldn't stand it all at once.

As he started tapping a possible reply on his phone, The_Shepherd sent him a new message.

"The_Shepherd: Or maybe not...? (>﹏<)"

Mikleo chuckled softly at the newest message. After all, The_Shepherd was truly desperate to keep in touch with him. Mikleo found it amusing, somehow.

"Luzrov Rulay: Hi
First of all, there's no need for you to apologize. It was careless of me to ask you such a thing after rejecting you. Despite what you may think, I understand what you may be feeling. When I rejected you, I had no intention of hurting you, but that was something inevitable... so, for hurting you, I'm sorry."

Mikleo sent his message, yet he was far from being finished. Thus, his fingers typed the continuation of his previous message.

"Luzrov Rulay: As I too am experiencing an unrequited love, I should have paid more attention to my words, but I guess I was too surprised at your friendship request and at the sudden confession.

Still, this shouldn't be an excuse. So, I hope you can forgive me."

Satisfied enough with the last part of his message, Mikleo sent it without a second thought. He had decided to be honest with the person on the other side of the chat. They deserved that much after being treated so lightly. Even though that hadn't been Mikleo's intention.

Not many minutes passed by until he received a reply. He only hoped that his true feelings had reached The_Shepherd, so he could be forgiven. He still felt guilty, despite of how amused he had felt as he read the previous messages. Without hesitation, his eyes read the newest reply to his messages. And, while he expected some sort of forgiveness, he surely didn't expect all the joy and uncontrollable eagerness he had felt in that reply.

"The_Shepherd: Unrequited love? Yours? Does that mean that I still have a chance? (・∀・)"

Mikleo looked at his phone astonished, face flushing intensely by the second with embarrassment.

"This idiot..." He muttered as he typed a new reply, heart beating faster than it should. Even without knowing The_Shepherd he could, somehow, start to guess how he was.

"Luzrov Rulay: Don't ask me that (╬ Ò﹏Ó) !"

Exactly! How should he know that?

Mikleo made sure to even add an emoticon to show his displeasure. Although, half of it was due to the embarrassment he suddenly felt. The boy sent his message and noticed a new one that had, most likely, been sent at the same time as his.

"The Shepherd: Ah! Sorry I didn't mean to seem so happy at your unrequited love (╥﹏╥)"

A small sigh escaped through his lips. Mikleo felt a tiny bit tired all of a sudden. This person was too straightforward, and too slow in realizing their mistakes. But well, in the end they still apologized. They reminded him of Sorey, in a way. His friend was usually the only one tiring his brain like this with his misleading lines. Besides, they both were too honest without paying attention at their surroundings. That was the impression The_Shepherd gave him, from the two times they had talked so far. However, although it bothered him how honestly The_Shepherd showed his happiness, it also let the feeling of being loved by someone else sink in.

Although it was embarrassing.

"The_Shepherd: You're mad... I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings (╥﹏╥)"

Another thing Mikleo noticed that Sorey and The_Shepherd had in common was the extreme usage of emoticons. He, himself, rarely used them, but Sorey did for everything. When Mikleo once asked him the reason for it, Sorey had simply said 'Because they express myself really well.' and he left it at that. Yet, he still thought that Sorey didn't need to send them so often in their messages, as he simply by reading his replies, understood and could even imagine Sorey's expression and tone of voice without needing to see an emoticon. Although he wouldn't complain. It was too Sorey-like and he didn't dislike it.

He smiled softly without even realizing it. Even though he had felt so bored without Sorey by his side, right now the simple thought of him made Mikleo warm and happy on the inside.

"Luzrov Rulay: I'm not mad... But, I guess we are even now."

Sending his reply, Mikleo noticed the time on his cell phone. Classes would finish in five minutes. The sudden idea of apologizing to his teacher, and explaining him his and Sorey's absence, occurred to him. Decided, he typed one last message.

"Luzrov Rulay: I need to go, classes will end in a while."

"The_Shepherd: Can I still talk to you? Maybe... later? "

Mikleo chuckled.

"Luzrov Rulay: You can.

I really need to leave now."

"The_Shepherd:(*≧ω≦*) okay. Then... later, Mikleo !"

Mikleo knew that since The_Shepherd liked him, they had to know his name; it was only natural. Yet, somehow, he felt extremely embarrassed at reading his name in their message. Especially because of how happy they seemed. Ah damn it... He should just leave already!

The boy closed the chat window and locked his phone, saving it inside the small pocket in his bag. As he ordered his things, stuffing them carefully inside the same bag where his phone already rested, Mikleo wondered if The_Shepherd had been messaging him while in classes. Yet, then it occurred him that there were a couple of teachers who excused their students from lessons a bit earlier than break time. Thus, Mikleo didn't think too much into it anymore. Although, he felt a bit paranoid all of a sudden. What if The_Shepherd was observing him while talking to him? Such a thought only made the blood rush to his face. He shouldn't think too much about it.

SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM❤❤SMSMSMSM

"Mikleo! What happened? You rarely skip classes!" Rose said, concerned, as said boy approached his group of friends.

"I bet that he was up until late, 'nerding' around with Sorey. They both skipped classes after all." Edna, decided to give her opinion without giving the boy the time to reply.

Mikleo's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. "For your information, Sorey has a fever and I had to convince him to stay at home, as he intended to come to school like that." He sat down on the wooden bench, next to his annoying blonde classmate. Having explained everything to his homeroom teacher, he now decided to join his friends and enjoy the rest of break time. He deserved as well, after studying so much.

"Eh? Sorey is sick?" Another blonde girl, sitting beside Rose on the bench in front of his and Edna's, asked clearly worried. Mikleo felt a light twinge in his heart, but thanks to Edna's mockery, he was able to ignore it.

"Oho~ so you weren't 'nerding' around, you were nursing him. Meebo, you should cosplay a nurse next time, I bet that Sorey would feel overjoyed and better in the blink of an eye."

Although he had been thankful to Edna's mockery before, he now felt more annoyed than ever; he decided to ignore his embarrassment along with Edna's useless and stupid suggestion. Instead, he replied to the worried blonde in front of him.

"Yes, but there's no need to worry. When I left he was feeling a bit better. Besides, his mother is there with him."

Alisha frowned and Mikleo assumed that his words hadn't relieved her in the slightest. His hands over his legs, were briefly balled into fists. He was regretting what he would suggest already, but he liked Alisha, so leaving her worried and anxious was not an option.

"If you want, we can visit him later, after classes." He omitted his promise to Sorey, of course. They didn't need to know about it, especially Alisha. Mikleo liked the girl. He respected and admired her, yet he also felt guilty feelings towards her; jealousy being the most worrisome. From all their friends, Alisha's affinity with Sorey was different. It was hard to describe it, but they got along so well... had so much in common... Sometimes, he envied her for all the time she spent with Sorey. He knew he shouldn't, as he was the person who spent more time by Sorey's side, yet he couldn't control those ugly feelings.

Her worried expression was fastly replaced by a happy and hopeful one at his words. "Really? I'll gladly accept your invitation!" She smiled gently at him, and he returned it.

"Oh! Meebo, so you're going to follow my advice and cosplay? Alisha, don't you forget to take photos!"

"Y-Yes!" Even though she had agreed, the girl seemed troubled.

"You... Just stay quiet for a moment!" Mikleo said feeling too tired and embarrassed to even argue back. That girl was such a pain in the neck!

Taking a deep breathe, the boy looked up at the vast blue sky. He thought of his promise to Sorey, suddenly realizing that he wouldn't be able to fulfill it anymore. Yet, at least, he would still be able to see and to be with his friend. That would be more than enough. Or so he liked to believe.

**

A/Ns:
Edna knows it +w+ fufufu ~ xD  

Thanks for reading this so far !!
Bye~Bye, ❤⌒ヽ(*'、^*)chuu*  

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

1K 91 28
Fangirl School, Lightning Thief year! Face drama, school, and test your fangirl knowledge!
31.1K 870 25
REN. "I like you, Mizuku." It was just a short sentece. What was I afraid of again? My world which seemed so huge before, was it always this small...
6.6K 851 46
When your worst enemy ended up turning into the love of your life. Well, read and find out! (THIS IS ALL FICTIONAL!)
3.1K 35 15
Just sharing headcanons amongst other little scenarios I've made up. Also don't expect any smut related situations with this. Angst-🌩 Comfort-💔 Mi...