Endless Fighting

By CPearl89

Stone Fox. The name that people always cower at. She is a ruthless and undefeated fighter and the fastest rac... More

Cast
Chapter 1: The Makeover*
Chapter 2: The Five Rules of Beauty*
Chapter 3: Her Cool Car*
Chapter 4: That's Stone Fox For You*
Chapter 5: I Am Late Again*
Chapter 6: The Fitness Guru*
Chapter 7: Yes, I Can Ride A Motorcycle*
Chapter 8: She Never Cries, I Shouldn't Either*
Chapter 9: No, I am Princess Candy of Candyland*
Chapter 10: Are You Late This Time*
Chapter 11: The Sweet and Caring Guy Is Gone*
Chapter 12: No, Did You Just Notice That?*
Chapter 13: $2,000, Definitely Raising The Stakes*
Chapter 14: The One and Only*
Chapter 15: Your Son Is An Idiot*
Chapter 16: Club Dresses? It's Cocktail Dresses*
Chapter 17: And I Am Ready To Watch You Fail*
Chapter 18: Bad Is An Understatement*
Chapter 19: Are You The Love Police?*
Chapter 20: Stuck In Wonderland?*
Chapter 21: Let's Do This*
Chapter 22: She Is Spontaneous*
Chapter 23: You Have Like Super Strength*
Chapter 24: Stone Fox Is An Exception*
Chapter 25: Central Park Music Festival*
Chapter 26: Well, I Changed My Mind*
Chapter 27: We Are That Couple*
Chapter 28: You Are Off The Player Charts*
Chapter 29: Are You Trying to Insult Me*
Chapter 30: I Understand*
Chapter 31: More Like The Hoodie Nerd*
Chapter 32: Snow Fox, Nice To Meet You*
Chapter 33: It Was Way Better*
Chapter 34: Take Me*
Chapter 35: The Viper Gang Leader*
Chapter 36: He Faked His Death To Join The Vipers*
Chapter 37: Goodbyes and Hellos*
II - Chapter 38: Agents 588 and 589*
Chapter 39: Close Heart Attacks*
Chapter 40: Help Me Understand*
Chapter 41: I Have Great Self-Control*
Chapter 42: Maybe We Can Be Friends Again*
Chapter 43: My Ship is Sailing Again!*
Chapter 44: Cut It With The Compliments*
Beauty in Disguise Details *Vote for a Cover!* CLOSED
Chapter 45: The Real Viper Gang Leader*
Chapter 46: When The Time Comes, We Will See*
Epilogue: New Beginnings*
Q/A with the Author and Characters
Project CEO *OUT NOW*

Chapter 47: I Love You Too*

13.9K 391 10
By CPearl89

As I pushed through the bushes, I ran through many scenarios of what I was going to say. Was it too early to say those three words? I took a step on the ledge and saw Ace sitting at the edge of the rock admiring the sky.

"You still come here and this place is still as beautiful as I last remember it," I said trying to break the silence.

"Yeah," Ace said, "Come here Max." I walked to where he was sitting and sat down beside him. We were quiet for a couple minutes. I don't know if I was too busy admiring the view or I didn't know what to say. I think he has the same dilemma as I do, what do we say first?

"You know, I stopped going here for a while when you left because it reminded me too much of you. I mean, this is where we had our first kiss and our first date," Ace started and I sighed.

"I will always remember how nervous you were. You were trying to act cool about the whole thing, but you were terrible at hiding it," I said chuckling lightly.

"Even though our first date was simple, it still was special to me," Ace said and I nodded, "You looked breathtaking."

"I didn't even wear anything fancy," I exclaimed and Ace laughed.

"You still did Max, you still did," Ace said before trailing off.

"I don't even know why this is all so awkward," I muttered rubbing my arm slightly.

"I don't know either," Ace said and I was startled that he actually heard me.

"I am sorry Ace, I just don't know what to say," I said embarrassedly and covered my face in my hands. I felt Ace's hands touch my hands and turned my face towards him.

"Max, I know that we haven't seen each other in two years, but I still love you. I have always loved you," Ace whispered as our foreheads touched. I breathed a sigh of relief and smiled.

"I love you too Ace," I whispered to him and he smiled. Our lips were only a couple inches away from each other and I closed that gap and pressed my lips against his. My arms moved to his neck and he pulled my waist into him. I missed him; I missed how he always made my heart race and how he was always gentle. He held me tight and soon he pulled away and rested his head on mine.

"I hope you don't think we are moving too fast Max," he said and I chuckled.

"No way, Ace," I said before lying down and Ace placed my head on his lap. This time the silence between us wasn't awkward; we didn't need to say anything to each other. We just enjoyed each other's company. His hands fiddled with my hair as his eyes never left mine.

"You are so beautiful Max," Ace said and I reached up to stroke his cheek. He instantly melted into my touch and I smiled.

"I made the bad boy soft," I murmured and Ace chuckled.

"I made the bad*ss girl shy," Ace said and I rolled my eyes.

"Only with you babe," I teased and winked. He leaned down and kissed me before running his thumb across my cheek. I wanted to live in this moment forever, but everything ends. I sat up and held his hand.

"You know that I need to go back to the D.C. right?" I asked and Ace sighed.

"I do, but we can always do a long distance relationship," Ace suggested and I smiled, "I am willing to, if you are."

"I am willing to Ace, I would literally walk the ends of the Earth just for you," I replied and laughed, "That was so cheesy." I ran my fingers through my hair and Ace laughed.

"I mean, I would do the same for you. Promise me you will visit," Ace said and I laughed.

"That's a stupid promise because I am going to do that whether you like it or not," I joked and Ace rolled his eyes.

"I will also fly up there whenever I can," Ace said and I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"I know you will."

            "Are you fine staying at my place?" Ace asked again and I laughed.

"Yes, I agreed about a million times," I said and wrapped my arms around him, "And besides, I have stayed over before."

"Yes you have and now sharing a bed won't be too awkward," Ace said teasingly and I rolled my eyes, "I know that you are rolling your eyes."

"Well you know me very well Ace," I said.
"What is Alex going to say when she finds you here?" Ace asked as he pulled me in closer to him.

"Uh, she won't and if she does, she is going to be happy for us. She has always been a Mace shipper," I murmured and Ace laughed.

"That girl can be a spy. No information can get past her without her knowing it," Ace said and I chuckled.

"True, very true," I said, "It's going to be very hard to say goodbye tomorrow."

"I can't believe that you have to leave tomorrow. I wish we had another day together," Ace pleaded and I agreed.

"Me too, but I do have work and a mission debriefing to get through," I said and Ace sighed.

"That is why you are going to be stuck with me until you get on that plane," Ace said while resting his chin on my shoulder. I buried my face into his chest.

"I am not complaining."

***

"Bye guys," I said waving to everyone who came with me to the airport.

"Bye Max!" chorused all my family and friends. I looked at all their faces and felt at peace with how I was leaving things. Before, I left everyone broken and sad, but now, everyone is happy. If they are happy, I am too. Ace walked up to me and hugged me tight.

"Make sure you call me when you land," he said into my hair.

"I will, I would want to hear your voice," I said and kissed him on the cheek. Ace showed some confusion and I whispered into his ear, "Macy and Jayden are watching."

"Bye beautiful," he said and to John, he added, "Take care of her John."

"I will man," John said and they did the "bro hug" thing. Alex came up to me and hugged me.

"Bye bestie," she said, "Hope to see you soon!"

"Me too!" I replied and I grabbed all my bags and made my way to the door with John.

"Ready to return to our bad*ss job?" John asked and I laughed.

"Of course."

***

"Congratulations Agent Evans and Agent Walter on the mission," some agents said to John and I as we passed by them. I gave them a 'thank you' nod and a smile after everyone congratulated us. I walked into Director Vasquez's office and saw that he was smiling.

"I am very proud of you two of how you did on your mission," Director Vasquez said and I smiled.

"Thank you Director," I said, "Do I need to debrief the mission for you?"

"Nah, I know exactly what happened from police reports and I trust that you did your mission right," Director Vasquez said and paused before continuing, "That is why I talked to the New York Bureau about any open spots."

"Open spots? For what?" I asked clearly confused.

"I want to move you two to work for the New York Bureau," Vasquez said and my mouth dropped open.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well I can clearly see that you two both have family there and I think I trained you two enough these past years. I talked to Director Butler and he agreed to give you two jobs there," Vasquez explained and I nodded.

"Thank you Director!" I said, "But I am going to miss everyone here."

"Well I can always fly you two here for important missions. We will see each other often. You will just be stationed in New York. So do you two accept?" Vasquez asked and I exchanged looks with John.

"We accept!" I exclaimed happily.

**********************************************************

GIF of Sean O'Pry (Ace)

Happy 4th of July! (if you celebrate it)

Oh my gosh you guys! This probably is my all time favorite chapter! I hope that I didn't make it too cheesy, but then again I love cheesy stuff. This is the second to last chapter of Endless Fighting and I can't believe the journey that I took to write this story for you guys. I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it. Anyways, remember to...

Vote

Comment: What do you want to see in the epilogue?

Share

Follow

Episode: Endless Fighting

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Have a great day/night fighters!

-C

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.4K 1.6K 62
"I already killed your mother, Cam." As the words left my enemy's mouth like a mocking sneer, I growled under my breath at the mention of my old name...
809K 22.3K 31
#2 In Action : 06/25/16 She was a fighter from the start. She never knew who she was, she always felt lost after the death of her parents. No one had...
417K 9K 57
"She's given me another reason to live." My teammates looked at me in disbelief. They of all people thought I'd never settle down. "Dude, you can hav...
688K 13.1K 32
Hailey Brown is a 17 year old Girl who was adopted when she was 3. Now that her Parents aren't alive anymore she goes to New York. But only if she kn...