Tired of Lies

By MissYanxiet

*(COMPLETED) "The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren't worth the truth." He bit his lip. "... More

Trapped
Rumors
A Rough Start
Getting in a good place
Hazel Eyes
Group therapy
The Lock In
Secret Closet
Not everything is as it seems
Seeing Red
Christina Taylor
Everything has Changed
Back to normal (Kinda)
A little courage
Darn you Friday
Girls just wanna have fun
Pancakes and abandoned playgrounds
All my fault
Christina's Funeral
Is it possible that things can just get worse?
Secrets names and arrests
Unpleasant surprises
Plane rides
Chayton Colby

A new Friend

28 6 0
By MissYanxiet

I hurried inside and watched as Benson quickly locked the door behind us.

"You're freaking me out Ben what is it?"

"So I did some digging after you asked me to help you with the investigation of Christina Taylor's murder and when I was cleaning out your room at the hospital I found something. It was a crumpled piece of paper. Here look what it says."

I grabbed the paper and straightened it out. It read, Zoey don't trust anyone and don't trust Chayton Colby. He will come for you.

"Who is Chayton Colby?"

"I don't know but maybe that's the name of the man that rapped her."

"Yeah! You're probably right! Okay that's a good start. We have a name."

"I'm searching him up right now. Uhh.. Zoey."

"What is it?"

"Nothing came up. Not even one link."

"That's weird let me see. You're right. He probably knew someday someone would be on to him so he made sure he got rid of everything and anyone that would get in his way."

"Wait what?"

"Oh yeah you don't know. Don't be mad but there was a real reason why I was on top of the roof." I explained to Benson everything that Christina had told me.

"That explains why you want to help her but you should be going back to the police and telling  them what Christina told you?"

"I'm not telling the police because why would they believe a girl who is enrolled in a mental hospital?"

"Yeah but maybe they will."

"Ben if you never met me and you never worked at the hospital would you believe me?"

"Uhh well I would probably-"

"Would you Ben?"

"No. I wouldn't."

"See this is why I have to do this."

"Since we don't know anything about this Chayton Colby now we're back to square one."

He sighed and brushed his fingers through his hair. "I knew it wasn't going to be this easy. I'll try to talk to people at the hospital to figure out if they know anything else on Christina and do more digging on her."

I wanted to tell Benson about Pandora especially since she was checked into the hospital but I knew I couldn't tell him yet.

******

It was time for me to get back to group therapy sessions again and I honestly didn't want to go. My head was still spinning over everything that me and Ben and figured out so far. I had to find out who Pandora was before it was too late but I have no clue who she could be. Taking out my notebook, I started to write things down to help figure out who she could be. Someone's hand touched my shoulder and I jumped making the hairs in the back of my neck stand up. I turned around. Phew. Just Cam.

"Someone's a little jumpy this fine morning. What's wrong?"

"Nothing just had a bad dream that's all." I kept seeing the note and hearing Christina's voice in my head all night. Don't trust anyone. He will come for you. It was driving me crazy. Maybe I needed a break from this investigation for a bit. I mean It seemed crazy don't trust anyone? How could I not trust Cam? He's been the greatest friend I've had in a long time.

"What do you think we're going to do today?"

"I have no idea but I hope it's not another let's get to know each other exercise. I'm pretty sure all of us know each other's names forwards and backwards by now."

I laughed and put my notebook away in my backpack. This is what I needed. I was feeling better already.  We signed in, put down our stuff, and sat down. Samantha greeted us with a smile but sat two chairs away from us. I still had no idea what her deal was and decided to worry about it later. Savannah waved hi to me and Cam and Aaron gave a slight nod to me but totally ignored Cam.

"So I'm guessing neither of you have told Savannah yet?"

"Well it's not my fault that Aaron isn't accepting what happened and totally being moody about it."

"How would you react?"

"I don't know but I would at least give the other guy an explanation."

"Ok that is fair but maybe he's still confused and unsure about what he did and trying to find his place. Remember try to put yourself in his shoes."

Cam rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair as he let out an exasperated sigh. "You're starting to sound like Mr. Tucker you know?"

I shoved his shoulder and giggled. "Shut up! You just know I'm right. It's just not fair to Savannah and I how you guys are keeping it from her. I don't want to be the one to tell her because she knows you and Aaron longer s it's better if it comes from one of you."

"I just I don't know how to tell her and I'm scared how she'll react what if she hates me even worse what if Aaron hates me?!"

"Whatever happens just know I will be there for you."

"What if both Aaron and Savannah totally freak out and they both kill me? What then Zoey?"

"You will get to rise from the dead as a ghost and haunt me forever saying I told you so."

"That doesn't seem so bad."

"But that isn't going to happen because I believe they will totally understand. Here's your chance go."

"Can I please do it when Savannah is alone."

"Sure. Whatever. Fine but me and you both know that Savannah is always with Aaron."

Cam smile widens. "That's the point."

"Ooo I'm so gonna-"

"Ok everyone let's get started."

I turn to Cameron and whisper "This isn't over."

"Let's start with a new game today I think we finally got the hang of the other one."

Everyone in the room cheers and whispers finally. I guess me and Cam weren't the only ones getting bored of the other game.

"For this one everyone is going to start with I feel.. And they will have to tell the circle how they feel today. You don't have to say you are feeling a certain way but if yo lie to me you will have to tell everyone the truth and why you are feeling that way and if you still lie to me you will spend the night here and trust me some of your fellow friends have already experienced it. And trust me I will know if you are lying. Let's start."

So far everyone said the usually happy, depressed, sad, someone even said hungry. I was sweating as it closed in to my turn and I had no idea why. I mean just have to say how I feel but do I even know how I really feel? It was finally my turn and I tried to speak but my throat felt tense and nothing came out.  I knew I just had to tell the truth but what if I didn't like what I had to hear? I slowly stood up almost falling in the process. "I feel sacred. Scared of this new beginning, this new lifestyle and  what it will bring but I know I will be ok." I quickly sat back down everyone nodded their heads with understand and Mr. Tucker gave me a puzzling look and I was wondering the same thing what did I mean? But it made sense I was scared I wouldn't be able to save Christina.

"You didn't have to say why you were scared remember?"

"I know I just wasn't thinking."

"Are you sure everything's okay?"

"Yeah bad dream remember."

Cam gave me a puzzling look and raised his right eyebrow. "Righht."

"I'm just dealing with a bunch of stuff right now okay? But when I'm ready I'll tell you."

"Fine but since you're not telling me you secret it's fair if I don't tell Savan-"

"You still have to tell her."

"Come on!"

"That's all for today everyone! You may leave. If you have any questions feel free to swing by my office!"

Everyone hurries out of the room and I grab my bags Savannah heads towards us and I made a devilish grin towards Cam. "This is your chance to tell her. No excuses she's not with Aaron and she's coming over."

"What?!! I'm not prepared I don't know what to say! Zoey I don't think this is a good idea!"

"You said you would!"

"I know but suddenly I'm not feeling well. Gotta go! See you later Zoey!"

"Hey! You can't do that!"

Cam shouts across the room as he races towards the exit. "You never laid out any rules!"

Savannah laughs as she sits down next to me. "What was that all about?"

"Honesty I have no idea."

"Yeah Cameron always knows how to make someone laugh."

She nervously twists her bright red hair and bites her lip. "Is everything ok?"

"Yeah why wouldn't it be?"

"You look really nervous."

"OksoAarontoldmeIdon'thavethatmanyfriendsandIshouldn'talwaysbewithhimandit'snotgoodformeanIwillregretitlaterandIshouldtrytomakesomefriendssohereIam!"

"Can you repeat all of that because I didn't get all of it."

"Sorry I talk fast when I get nervous."

"Just the point is that Aaron thinks it is good for me if I have more friends that don't include him and I try to spend less time with him."

I nodded my head.

"I mean he is right but it isn't that easy!"

"Well you're talking to me right?"

"Oh yeah! I guess you're right!"

"Would you like to go to Starbucks with me so we can talk?"

"Yeah sure! I would love that! I haven't had Starbucks in forever!"

"Ok let me call my mom and-"

"Wait you mean right now?"

"Well yeah! I know it's Wednes-"

I laughed. "No it's not that. I have school!"

"Oh yeah!"

"Wait Savannah don't you have school?"

"I'm homeschooled."

"Ohh. We could do the Starbucks after school. I'll give you the address to my school and you can pick me up."

"But we have groupe therapy after school remember?"

"Oh yeah I forgot! Ok then I guess we can do it after right?"

"Yeah you're right! We can even ask Sam to come!"

"I'll see you later Savannah bye."

"Bye!"

This Savannah was better than the closed off one and maybe this would be another chance for me and Sam to really talk.

******

I closed my locker happy that school was finally over when that sweet girl with dark brown hair and green eyes waved me over. I was just going to head out and meet Savannah but why not? She was always so kind.

"Hey!"

"Hi Zoey!"

She threw me in a tight bear hug. "I kinda can't breathe."

She finally released me. "Right sorry sometimes I just can't help myself."

Her crowd of friends laughed and all greeted me.

"So me and my friends are hanging out at my place wanna join?"

"That sounds awesome but I'm actually going out with my friend right now. Sorry!"

Her face looked totally crushed. I felt so bad. "But for sure we need to hang out soon!"

"Yeah!" She chimed "There's always next time! Bye Zoey!" Just like that she left with her group of friends.I have no idea where she gets all that energy from. She's always happy. I turned around to see Amber Rose facing me. She always finds me even when I wished she wouldn't and after what she said last time I really don't want to see her. I was so close to the door.

"Hi Zoey we missed you at the table today. Did you and-"

"I really don't have time for this my friend is waiting for me outside." That was close. I almost heard his name. She always tries to say his name like she knows I don't know it.  I want it to be Hazel to be the one to tell me. There's no way I'm going to learn his name from her.

"Really? That's the last thing I would think of you doing. I mean who would want to hang out with you?"

I heard the car pull up. Finally.

"Bye Amber maybe when you have some real friends you'll know what it's like to have fun then spend a day with a bunch of puppets." She clenched her fist and flipped her hair. I hope someday she breaks the heel on her stilettos and falls on her makeup covered face. I got into the car and me and Savannah headed to our therapy lesson.

Sorry everyone I took so long! I am finally back on wattled and will try to get my chapters more consistent. Thank you to everyone who has been reading!! I really appreciate it! Don't forget to vote and tell your friends about it! Also I'm looking for someone to design my book cover if you guys know anyone let me know!! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! -Ouanesssa :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566 50 16
"Marek, don't do this. Keep your captainship. I'll tell the truth about what happened and we'll both be out of the deal." "But-" "I don't know what y...
1K 65 48
Ages 14+ (lesbian concepts and some profanity) This is not your everyday love story, okay? It's not a chick flick either. The events and themes withi...
Logan By Marie

Teen Fiction

11.7K 301 31
*TW* Contains topics and scenes of sexual assault, self-harm, abuse.* "You know you loved every second of it," I can feel the tears welling up as wel...
279K 8.9K 34
(WARNING!: DEPRESSING CONTENT, POORLY WRITTEN: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK) "I deserve just as much pain as she gives me." He said fully meaning it and...