The Boys and Me

By ihavanobsession

As she started her senior year at a new school, Alissa didn't think much could happen. The school was divided... More

The Beginning
1. The First Day is The Hardest
2. Just When You Thought Things Were Okay
3. My Chemical Nightmare
4. They're Trying To Ruin My Life, I'm Convinced
5. Don't Mess With The Bull
6. You Just Wait
7. Social Status?
8. Another Day, Another Disappointment
9. Frenemies
10. Brother Bear
11. Honesty Is My Policy
12. Survival Of The Fittest
13. This Is Weird
14. Broken and Unbroken
15. What The Fuck
16. Disgustingly Cute
17. Back to Bedlam, I Mean Reality
18. Nobody Knows, Right?
19. Cut The Crap
20. Take Control
21. Running
22. Always Somewhere I Shouldn't Be
23. Oh No, He Didn't
24. I'm Only Human
25. One of What??
26. Initiation?
27.Just Like A Tattoo
28. Nervous
29. Huh, Weird
30. Everything's Okay
31. The Man Behind The Monster
32. Heath
33. All Alone in the World
34. He's Only Human Too
35. It's Hard To Be Brave When You're Alone In The Dark
36. This Is Life, I Guess
37. Curiouser and Curiouser
39. Surprised?
40. Did You Mean That?
41. Moving Out and In
42. Brothers in Arms
43. Talking It Out
44. Now What?
45. Internal Battles are Never Won
46. Ignorance isn't Bliss
47. I Just Can't Lie
48. We've Gotta Help
49. Defending Them
50. Everything Seems Calm
51. F is For Friends
52. I Can Fuck Him Off By Breathing, Apparently
53. Watch Your Back, Smith
54. Helton?
55. Fierce.
56. Hold Me Close
57. The Calm After The Storm
58. Did You Just Sass Me?
59. I Can Be Real
60. Love Can Be Easy
61. Not Your Monkeys Alissa.
62. Let You In
63. Confessions Of A Teenage Drama King
64. Don't Give Me Bullshit
65. Unsettled
66. Kreepy Kennedy
67. Unexpected Hero
68. When Will It End?
69. Leave Me Alone, Forever
70. Sex Ed
71. Trouble In Paradise
72. Bet Ya $50...
73. I Want You, Only You
74. Strike One
75. Best Bros
76. Helping The Helpless
77. All For You
78. A Whole Lot Of History
79. Famous Last Words
80. Send It
81. You Lost
82. I Need You
83. Why Did I Get Her Involved?
84. Congratulations, You Ruined Christmas
85. A Scotty Sire Christmas
86. There Have Been Worse Days
87. A Moment Like This.
88. It All Works Out In The End
89. New Year, New Attitudes
90. Complicated
91. Lying For Him
92. The Truth Can Hurt
93. All Your Fault
94. I Feel Like Shit
95. This Is It
96. Annoyed
97. Here Come The Horns
98. The Other Side
99. Rivals and Friends
100. Figuring It Out
101. Living Your Worst Life
102. Old Habits Die Hard
103. Ruined
104. Well.
105. Passing Up Opportunities
106. No More Mr Nice Guy?
107. What Next?
108. Good Things Come To An End
109. How To Move On?
110. Sticking Together
111. Through Thick And Thin
112. Adventure Awaits
113. California Dreaming
114. Prom
115. The Start Of Forever
Sequel is LIVE!
Important Authors Note

38. Yes Officer?

4.5K 122 75
By ihavanobsession

I forgot the way yesterday happened momentarily as I walked to Heath's tuck after school. But then the reality came flooding back to me, hitting me hard and stopping me dead in my tracks for a split second.

"Everything okay?" Heath asked and I nodded.

"I just forgot about yesterday and what's happening now" I whispered and his grip on my hand tightened.

"When do you get that damn thing off?" He asked, looking to my arm.

"In like a week, it's fucking me off so much" I said, the clunky fiberglass more trouble than you'd think.

"Hey, are you sure you're good?" Heath asked and I shrugged.

"I want all this family crap to be over as soon as possible." I whispered and he sighed, pulling me in and kissing the top of my head.

The last three weeks have been eventful to say the least.

"Come on, dad just text me and said they're there with the cops. We gotta go baby" Heath said, pulling me to his truck. I nodded and went along with it, looking up and catching the eye of Elton who watched on as I climbed into Heath's truck and allowed him to drive us in the opposite direction to mine and Elton's houses.

We pulled up to his house and saw the police car parked outside and I felt my stomach flip.

"Al, everything's going to be fine. I promise" Heath soothed, grabbing my hand. I snatched it away and looked at him.

"How can you promise something like that? You have no damn clue!" I snapped, taking us both by surprise.

"I get it, you're stressed" Heath said, releasing my hand and then exiting the truck.

Fuck, good one Holt.

I hit my head on the headrest and sighed deeply before finally climbing out of the car.

"Hey babies, how did school go?" Cori asked as soon as we walked through the door.

"Can we get this over and done with?" Heath muttered, throwing his bag down.

"Bag, room, now. Check your attitude as well. Come out when you're not going to be an ass" Cori said and Heath sighed, picking his bag up and heading towards his room.

"What's with him?" Cori asked.

"I snapped at him in the car, he's just throwing a tantrum." I muttered, realising perhaps I shouldn't be talking to my boyfriend's mother about my boyfriend like that.

"That boy, he'll come right. Don't you worry about his too much Allie" Cori said, pulling me into a hug which both calmed me and shocked me.

"Come on, lets go speak to these policemen" She said, leading me into the dining room.

"Alissa? Hi I'm Officer Jay Boice and this is my buddy Officer Joe Wegner. We just want to ask you a few questions." One of the men said.

Holy shit.

I thought cops were supposed to be old, middle aged men who hate their jobs. You know, fat, donut eating weirdos.

These two were drop dead gorgeous and I let my mouth fall open in shock.

"You two look kinda young to be cops" I said and they laughed.

"We get that a lot, we're fresh out of cop college" The smiling one said, I think he was Officer Boice? God I was too damn distracted.

I took a seat and looked to them.

"So when did all of this family trouble begin?" One of them asked.

"Uh, last Thursday w-when I blew up at my mom" I said, not wanting to meet Cori's eyes because she was probably highly confused.

"Can you explain that a little bit more?" Smiles asked and I nodded shakily.

"She was being unfair and I called her out on it. I guess what made things weird was when I left for the night and neither my mom or my dad checked up on me. Then the next day I went to Tallahassee for the weekend, she didn't really try to stop me. It was Sunday night when I got home that I woke up to hearing them yell and talk about me" I said.

"And what did you hear?" The other one asked.

"I heard them talk about taking me in, they insinuated that I wasn't theirs, that I was adopted. I-it was confirmed yesterday" I said.

"Can you tell us what happened last night?" The other one asked as the smiley one offered me a small smile.

"You're doing great Alissa." He whispered. I smiled a little in return as Heath walked into the room, standing next to his mom. At a quick glance I could see that he'd been crying.

Shit.

I looked back to the police and stammered a little, realising I had no idea what the question was.

"I-I'm sorry, what was the question?" I asked. Damn it Alissa, don't get flustered!

"We just want to know what happened last night" The smiley one said. I took a deep breath and nodded. They knew I had a black eye and was clearly on edge about something.

"I came around here yesterday after tutoring my friend David and hung out with Heath, everything was normal. I uh, I stayed for dinner and then I went home. My older brother was home when I got there and he scared the crap out of me before yelling, telling me that he finally doesn't have to pretend to love me anymore. He confirmed that I was adopted and then began to beat me. I called for my friend Scott who lived next door, hoping he'd hear me and rescue me." I explained and they nodded.

"And your family haven't been in contact with you since?" The other one asked and I nodded.

"They don't give a shit, clearly" I muttered, earning a smile from him.

"Okay, I think we have all we need to know." The smiley one said.

"Wait, what are you going to do now?" I asked.

"Allie" Cori said, meaning I didn't need to know.

"This is my life, I want to know what happens from here. Are you going to go around and arrest Matt?" I asked, looking to the cops. They looked to each other before looking back at me. The one who hardly smiled answered.

"we're going to go around and arrange a meeting with your parents and see what happens from there. We'll mention that the Hussar's are happy to take you in and if they refuse, we'll talk to a child services worker and go from there. We're going to try our best to make sure you don't have to be anywhere you don't want to be" He said and I nodded once, happy with the response.

"Anywhere I'm not with Heath is somewhere I don't want to be" I answered truthfully.

The cops stood and spoke to Cori and Mark while Heath walked slowly over to me.

"Did you mean that?" He asked, after a long time.

"About not wanting to be without you?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, that part" He said as I nodded, standing to my feet.

"Of course I meant it Heath. Remember, you're mine. I don't have a lot anymore but I've got you and that's somehow more than enough." I whispered, moving closer to him.

I knew he was withholding for a split second, his hesitation hurting me slightly. But eventually I felt his arms wrap around me and his lips make contact with my forehead.

"Can we start all of this over again?" I asked and I felt him nod.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and I sighed.

"Like the guys deserve to know what's going on" I said and he nodded again as we released.

"I'll call David, Todd and Zane, you talk to Scott" He said, as I didn't have the numbers of the other three yet. I simply nodded in obedience, pulling out my phone and dialing Scott's number.

"Holt, everything okay?" He asked, almost confused that I might be calling him.

"Can you meet me, Heath and the others at the place? I want them to know about everything leading up to last night" I explained and he sighed.

"Jesus Alissa, do you think that's a fantastic idea?" He asked, sounding as though he doubted his own friends' trust.

"Y-yeah, why wouldn't it be okay?" I asked, confused and taken aback at his tone.

"Look, they're my best friends but I wouldn't let them in on something like this, not this early into the friendship. I'm not saying I don't trust them but I'm not saying I do either" He said.

"Well, I want them to know so I'm going to tell them. Be there if you want but I'm not bothered either way" I said, hanging up and looking to Heath who was mid conversation, rolling his eyes before opening his mouth.

"Look, I don't care what your dumb ass does after just be there, ten minutes. Got it Dobrik?" He asked, hanging up.

"Everything okay?" I asked and Heath sighed.

"David and I just don't get along that great. He frustrates the shit out of me and I can't handle it, not often" He said.

"Have you called Todd and Zane?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Todd's not picking up. Something's off with him as well as with Scotty. Zane's already at the place. That leaves Scott." He said.

"I told him I didn't care if he came or not because he basically told me I shouldn't trust the others. He's the one I don't trust." I said, shuddering a little.

"Alright, if he shows he shows. But the others are expecting us, we'd better go." He said.

"Wait, can I have Todd's number? I might be able to convince him to come. I know he was really curious as to what happened. Even if he didn't let on, I could tell as a curious soul myself." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"You? Curious? Surely not" He said, handing his phone over with Todd's contact pulled up. I smiled my thanks as I took the phone from him. But on the inside I was exploding.

To most people, this probably didn't seem like a big deal but to me this was everything. Having Heath trust me with his phone, unlocked and open like that, was the biggest thing to happen and I'd just told the cops about how I was adopted.

I quickly took the number and text Todd before calling.

to: Smith
from: Holt

'Please answer, it's Alissa'

He picked up and I heard him sigh.

"What?" He asked. Clearly he was in a bad mood.

"Oh I'm great, thanks for asking! Meet us at the place, we've got things to talk about" I said, the first part being sarcastic and the second part being serious.

"Yeah, no thanks. I'll pass" He said.

"Well it wasn't negotiable. Get your fucking ass there, now" I said, sweetly.

"What the hell are you gonna do about it Holt?" He asked after a hesitation.

"Nothing" I said and I heard him laugh.

"Exactly, you can't do anything" He said. I could see his smirk through the phone pretty much.

"No no, I'm purposely going to do nothing. Your only chance to hear what happened to me is in five minutes at the place. If you're not there then I guess you're never going to know." I said in the nonchalant tone I've become accustomed to. And before I could even hear his smart ass remark, if there even was one, I had hung up.

"Jesus first Scotty then Todd?" Heath said with a laugh as he pulled up to the place.

"Huh?" I asked, coming back to reality.

"You've made two phone calls and told them how it is, not to mention you told Todd and Scott to basically get fucked. I mean, it's kinda hot. No, it's very fucking hot." He said and I smiled to myself.

"I'm taking that as a compliment." I said, happy with myself as we got out of the truck and walked down to the place.

I have written so damn much in the last four or five days since having my new computer, it's bliss. I also really like the friendship between Todd and Alissa??? Don't worry, they are never gonna happen! Well not in this book anyway, maybe in the sequel ;)

Introducing Jay and Joe because they're cuties. Tried to get a good photo of them but they're idiots. I just want to tell you all what's coming but gah, I know I can't! Also I'm in love with 80Fitz and his new song 'Sleepy Eyes', by WESTLVND so I wanna make Fitz a character in this story soon. Maybe in the sequel.

Also I deleted the two important not chapters and lost 50 comments because all of y'all were commenting on that one whether you shipped Hallie or Solt and I'm a little sad but it's okay bc I'll hit 300 again no doubt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 314 162
"I should've told you sooner" What happens when Raley catches feelings for her bestfriend? Will she tell him how she feels? Does he feel the same way...
97.4K 1.6K 32
friends include: ..ilya fedorovich.. ..jeff wittek.. ..brandon calvillo.. ..scotty sire.. ..heath hussar.. ..zane hijazi.. ..sam golbach.. ..colby br...
64.6K 2.2K 105
It's been a full year since Katie has been apart of the group. She had moved on to a new boyfriend. New house. New dog. New life. Heath...
9.2K 1 74
imagines for the vlog squad