Hold True

By SangieBangie

My name is Harper, I'm 17 years old, and everyone and everything I love is gone. I'm weak, tired, and when I'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 1 part 2 (Now merged together with chapter 1)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12 part 2 aka 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 6

3.1K 33 13
By SangieBangie

Alright I finnished chapter six.  I hope you like.  Please tell me what  you think.

~~~

“Lady...” A small voice whispered close to my ear.

“Hey...Lady?” I then felt a little finger poke my cheek. My heart skipped a beat and I held in a  scream. Throwing my eyes open, I jumped up, scooted across the bed, and fell off the edge.

The little voice gasped then started laughing hysterically.  

I scooted back until I could see better.  The person on the dark green bed was leaning on the fluffy pillows laughing his ass off.  He was little, I’m guessing somewhere around the age of 7.  I looked at him sadly and wished my childhood could’ve been more like his. I was in imprisoned and miserable by that age.  Turning my head to the side I wondered what it felt like to be him.  He had some twigs sticking to his baggy clothes and his short, light brown, messy hair.  Looking into his bright golden brown eyes I saw joyousness and curiosity.

He confused me.

“Hello?” He asked and crawled across the wide mattress. “Are you ok?”

I just stare at him not knowing what to say, not knowing what to do. Frighted I scoot back further until my back hit a dark wooden wardrobe.

The boy grabbed the thick bedpost, slid off the bed, and repeated. “Are you ok?” He hesitantly took a step closer to me and stopped with a frown on his face.

“Where am I?” I manage spit out.

He shrugged his shoulders and answered simply, “The castle.”

I furrowed my eyebrows.  What castle I wondered. Still watching the child closely.

“You know the Colchester castle.”  He repeated taking another step somewhat answering my unasked question.

I shook my head.

He watched me almost as closely as I watched him. “I won't hurt you...I promise.”

He could see that I didn’t believe him. After staring at me for a few minutes he got down on his hands and knees and crawled the last few feet to me.

I pulled my legs closer to my chest trying to get further away from him. “Please stop?” I pleaded.

“I won’t hurt you.” He whispered and reached out to touch me.

I jumped at his fast movement and my eyes went wide in fear.

“Sorry.” He said and brought his hand back to himself.

Relaxing a little I took in a much needed breath.

Slowly he moved his hand forward again. I watched as it crept closer afraid of what he would do.

When he placed his hand on my knee I jumped again, but he didn’t retreat.

“It’s ok....Everything's going to be ok.” He reassured me as he scooted closer and placed his hand on my shoulder.

I relaxed at his gentle touch and soft words.

He must have felt me go soft because a wide grin lit up his face.

“My names Elliot.  What’s yours?”  He asked happily.

I considered not answering, but I thought it might hurt his feelings. “Harper.” I croaked.

“Are you ok?” He wondered.

I shook my head and a tear escaped my eye. I quickly wiped it away and cried. “No.”

The smile left Elliot’s face and he quickly wrapped his arms around me.  I tensed up and he whispered. “Everything’s going to be ok now.”

I relaxed at his words and let him hold me. “Thank you.”  I guessed into his ear.

I sobbed and he held me whispering comforting words.  We stayed like that for what seemed like hours.  Elliot didn’t seem to mind the tears.  It seemed to comfort him knowing he was helping me.

After some time Elliot pulled back, looked me in the eyes, and asked. “What happened?”

I wanted to tell him, but I couldn’t.  I didn’t want him to know the horrors I’ve been through.  He didn’t deserve my nightmares., so I settled for. “Everything.”

Elliot frowned, but didn’t ask me again. He stood up and offered me his hand.  I took it and let him help me to stand.

The memory of Rueben and Niles returned and I was curious as to know where they were, but was glad they they were not here.

“Are you hungry?” Elliot asked as he lead me back to the bed.  

I sat back down on the bed and noticed how comfortable it was and nodded. Looking down I notice that I’m covered in cloth bandages and remembered how hurt I was.  Moving around I’m confused.  I don’t feel too much pain,  there’s little, but not as much as there was. “How long have I been here?”  

Elliot shrugged. “A couple days... How did you get hurt so bad?”

I answered. “A very bad man.”

I looked under the edge of a bandage inspecting the damage.  My wounds are still an angry red, but they now have purplish scabs over them.  I move my shoulders in a circle to feel where my other wounds are and feel a sharp pain in my back.  I ask, “Is there a mirror?”

”Yeah, right over there.”  He said pointing behind me.  I look and see a tall narrow mirror that is bordered in dark wood.  The wood has flowers and vines carved into it.  The mirror is sitting on the opposite side of the bed right next to a large doorway that leads out onto a small balcony.

Cautious of my wounds I get up slowly and walk around the bed keeping a hand on the mattress making sure I don’t fall down. At the corners of the bed I grab ahold of the bed posts and notice that there are curtains I can untie that would fall around the bed.  Elliot followed me ready to try to catch me if I were to fall.  When I get to the side of the bed I let go and took a hesitant step forward,  Elliot quickly grabbed my hand and helped me to the mirror. I was afraid to look so I focus on Elliot’s hand holding mine. He squeezed my hand gently and I look to his face, he nods an encouragement.  

Taking a deep breath I look up.  The last time I saw my reflection I was 5 years old. Surprised by what I saw I could hardly believe the person in the mirror was me. Nothing looked the same. I’m not the little girl I used to be.  I ran my fingers through my curly hair that used to be blond, but has changed to a dark black and has grown so much.  Sir did have one of his men cut it every once in awhile but it was still down to the middle of my back. My eyes were still the same electric blue as my mother’s, but they had a haunted look now.

Looking to Elliot’s reflection I said. “I don’t know that girl.”

He young faced looked at me confused, “What? That’s you.”

“I know, but I don’t look the way I remember.” I replied sadly.

Elliot looked to my reflection then back to me. “It looks like you to me.”

I smile and say looking back to my reflection. “It’s just been so long, I haven’t seen myself in years.”

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled looking to the ground.

“It’s not your fault.” I quickly reassured him and squeezed his hand.

He looked back up and smiled.

Wanting to see my wounds I asked. “Will you loosen some of the bandages for me?”

Elliot nods.  I slip the white gown over my shoulders and look for the end of the bandage, I find it in the very center of my back.

We both seem to notice that if I wanted to take the bandages off I would have to let the gown drop to the floor.

Elliot walked to the door on the other side of the room and said. “I’ll go find a servant to help.”  

He opened the door and I yelled for him to wait. “I can do it myself.”

“No you can’t.” He stated.

Looking to the ground I admitted. “I know, but I don’t want to see anyone else.”

“Are you sure?  They won’t hurt you.”

Nodding I said. “If you help me get it started then I think I can do the rest.”

Elliot closed the door and walked back over to me.  He unwrapped the bandage enough for me to grab ahold of it then said. “I’ll be outside the door if you need anything.”

“Thank you.” I whispered to his retreating back.

“If you can’t get it I’ll go find someone to help.” He shot over his shoulder as he closed the door.

I looked back to the mirror and thought of the best way to unwrap myself.  I know for a fact I can’t reach around my back to pass the cloth from one hand to the other.  After some thought I settled for tieing it to the post of the bed and spun in slow circles.  When I got to the end of the bandage I could feel it sticking to my healing wounds. Slowly I worked the cloth the rest of the way off.

Walking back to the mirror now naked I could see my wounds. The designs carved into my skin were beautiful, but they repulsed me. I knew how they got there and what their purpose was. They wrapped all around the middle of my upper thigh up onto my right buttcheek and hip.  They crawled up the right side of my body.  They went up my back and to my neck on the one side.  On the front of my body they didn’t quite reach over to my belly button.  Sir didn’t mark my breast but the designs curled around one side of it.  He also didn’t mark my right arm but I think he was planning to.

On my face there was a small curling design on my right temple, it was almost hidden in my hairline, but I still could see it.  The design looked more healed and more blue than the marks on my body.

There were plenty of bruises and scrapes all over, but the wounds that hurt the most were the deep cuts from the whip on my back.  The scabs on those weren’t the same color as the scabs on the designs, they were more of a reddish brown than a purple. Around all the wounds I could see old scars that were a whitish color and new scars that were more of a purple.

I could see flaws everywhere and they made me hate Sir even more, which I didn’t think was possible.

~~~

There you go. Please comment and vote.

Thanks for reading.

Continue Reading