Jump (Dear Evan Hansen)

Autorstwa TayTayBroadway

What if Evan accidentally saved Connor? Highest Rank : 110 in Fanfiction Więcej

The Jump
Urgent Care
The House
The Incident
Dinner With the Murphys
School
Therapy
Night
Welcome?
Confident Evan
Standing Up and Stepping In
The Principal's Office
Testifying
The Park
A Buisness Man and Receptionist
Fears
Consequences
My Sisters Hot
One Day More
Wishes
The Sleepover
Study Buddy
The Talk
The Secret
The Arcade
Tears
An Unexpexted Visitor
Sirens
Classic Connor
Family Photos and Soulmates
The Cast
Á La Mode
Panicked Planning
The Worst.
The Hospital (Reprise)
A Friendly Date
Graduation
Finale
Thank You.
Update
The Sequel

5 Days

4K 224 263
Autorstwa TayTayBroadway

A/N: I forgot to add this in when I first published this chapter, but thank you so much ChristyRe for this adorable drawing of the tree plush! I love it!!

;five days;

"Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, freedom. Five days. This is going to be the best summer ever," Connor whispers to me as we make our way up to the stage for our first graduation rehearsal.

"Why is it going to be the best summer ever?"

"Because you're my boyfriend, and that's the best thing I could ever ask for."

I can't help but grin. Connor grabs my hand and I blush. "Right here?" I whisper.

"If somebody doesn't like that we're holding hands, then so be it. Good for them. I'm happy as long as I'm with you, no matter what anyone thinks. And if anyone ever attacks you ever again, you better believe I'll be by your side."

I squeeze his hand. Everyone else might be half asleep (except for Alana valedictorian Beck) but for once, I'm actually enjoying school.

Until they tell us we have to sit in alphabetical order, and I'm in between two random kids, and Connor is rows behind me. I sigh, because these five days are going to be longer than I expected.

;four days;

I wake up and pull the covers back over my head. Another day of graduation rehearsals. The school doesn't make us sit through too much rehearsal each day, as they've shortened the length of each day this week, but to have to sit there without Connor and in some sort of stranger sandwich with two other kids is awkward and I don't want to be a part of it.

"Evan?" I recognize the voice to be mom's, but I don't remove the covers from my head. "Evan? Is everything okay? You've only got a few days left of school! You can do this!" I groan as mom slowly lifts the covers from my face and squint as sunlight hits my eyes. But of course I end up getting out of bed in time to have breakfast and get to another graduation rehearsal.

I tell mom I love her and that I'll see her later, (which probably means tomorrow morning) as I walk outside, halting suddenly. I blink a few times.

"Connor?!"

"Hey kid, wanna walk to school with me?"

"Y-you walked all the way to my house, which is in the opposite direction of the school, just to walk with me?" Connor nods, and I blush. Sure, we have to sit through another rehearsal, but at least I can daydream about our walk to school the entire time.

;three days;

Today I realized how many people are actually in my class. A lot. Because after we all walked into the stage and sat down and then got back up, it was time to get our caps and gowns. And I counted each person as there name got called to collect their robe.

"Soon, you'll be up here getting diplomas instead of gowns," the vice principal exclaims. A few people laugh dryly, including me since I can't tell whether or not he was trying to tell a joke. I don't laugh too loudly though, just enough that just in case it wasn't a joke, I don't look like an idiot.

After school, I decide to walk home. Just take in my surroundings because, as I look down at my cap and gown, I finally realize how confusing time is. One minute, it feels like your first day of freshmen year will go on for forever, and the next minute, you're walking home with only two days of school left, staring at your cap and gown. So I decide to use some of my time and take in the trees, and the houses, and even the sidewalk, because if four years of high school taught me anything, it's how time can change someone.

;two days;

"You excited? Graduation is tomorrow," my mom says in a sing-songy voice. "And you have the senior picnic today!" I nod, hoping it won't be as bad as I think. It's just a picnic, on a hot lawn crowded with people who although they look the same age as me are much bigger and-

"What's wrong Evan?"

"What?"

"You started to hyperventilate. It's okay. I know this whole picnic thing may seem so big right now but soon it will all feel so small. You'll be relaxing under the summer sun and, oh, we're both going to be late. I'm taking off early today so I'll be back when you get home. Love you!"

"Love you too," I say as I head out the door. When I arrive at school, I go to homeroom, where everyone is instructed to go to the lawn after all the kids got their yearbooks. I told mom not to worry about ordering me one, but she insisted I at least bring a piece of paper to school. The walk to the yard takes longer than it should since the entire senior class decided it would be brilliant to rush down the hallways at the same time.

"Okay everyone, do not leave the yard please. I know you graduate tomorrow," Mr. Levenson attempts to shout over our class. I tune out the rest of his speech about yearbook signing and privileges because I just want to find Connor. I push my way through the crowd of people, resorting to the nearest tree.

"Connor?"

"I knew you'd run to a tree," he smirks. "Screw this whole yearbook signing thing. We're doing something else."

"Huh?" Before I can object, Connor is already pulling me by the arm. I struggle to keep up with him as I feel my breaths get smaller. Shoot, you're hyperventilating stupid. No, no you're not. You couldn't be. But I feel my lungs tighten. And my palms become sweaty. And the world around me become a dizzy blur. The ground below me becomes wavy. It becomes harder to walk. Connor slows to a stop, and I almost fall over. I feel Connor grab onto my shoulders.

"Oh my gosh Evan I'm so, I didn't think, I just," his voice trails off. He wraps his arms around me as I fight off tears. Shaky breaths enter and exit my lips. I close my eyes tightly and try and focus on Connor's voice. "Shhh, it's okay. I promise. I'm here. I won't leave your side. I didn't mean any harm Evan. I'll do whatever it takes to prove that. I love you so much, Ev. Deep breaths. In, out, in, out." I hear his voice become shaky and get higher. "In," he takes a shaky pause, "out." He takes another pause. "I love you," he squeaks out. And soon enough, we're both crying into each other's shoulders.

"So, your mom made you bring a piece of paper to school," Connor remarks after we've both calmed down. We're sitting under a shady tree that is far away from all of the chaos of yearbook signing. Connor made sure to tell me that according to Google Maps, this tree is a part of the property, because he knows how I feel about "following rules and stuff".

"Yeah, she said that people could sign it while I'm signing their yearbooks." This causes Connor to let out an airy laugh.

"Can I sign it?"

"Sure," I say. He takes it from me and pulls out a sharpie from his back pocket, scrawling something on the paper. I take it back quickly and fold it up, shoving it carefully into my pocket to read later.

"I'm hungry. I'll text Alana and you text Jared. Tell Jared to bring us some food. I'll tell Alana to do the same."

"You have Alana's number?"

"We were... lab partners," Connor stammers out.

"You're lying," I joke

"You know me too well," he mumbles.

"Wait what? Why do you have Alana's number Connor?!" After a few minutes of begging, Connor finally gives in."

"I... my parents made me take her to some stupid dance once. They thought we would make a... good couple," he says reluctantly, his face reddening. I try not to, but I start laughing. After a few minutes, Jared and Alana come over with some food.

"I hope these Goldfish are fine. They didn't have rainbow," Jared says with a laugh as he chucks a bag at both of us. I look at Connor, and he just laughs. He actually laughs at Jared's comment. And then Alana and Jared sit down, and we are all eating and talking and laughing like four friends.

"How was your day?" Mom says as I walk in the door. I look at her for a moment.

"It was really, really good," I smile and go upstairs to my room. I leap onto my bed, anxious to read what Connor wrote me. Slowly, I remove the piece of paper from my back pocket and unfold it. On it, in black sharpie, are nine words I will never forget.

Love is blind.
Love can tell a million stories.

;one day;

My eyes flutter open, but then widen quickly. I grab my phone from the dresser next to me. One text from Connor.

C - Holy crap, Hansen. We made it.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

6K 312 24
What if Connor read the full letter instead of freaking out right away? Dear Evan Hansen fanfiction Trigger Warnings inside Evan x Connor (boyxboy)
27.5K 508 20
You're a massive musical fan and love Dear Evan Hansen. You admire Mike Faist and would give anything to meet him. On your 19th birthday your parents...
12.4K 367 22
"i always told myself to step into the sun, but little did i know that she'd be doing cartwheels into the light..." disclaimer: i don't own any of de...
29.8K 849 25
Evan x Connor fic where Evan is an awkward bean (so nothing is different.)