teach [yoonkook]

By arsjeons

"you've taught me a lot of things, hyung. i want to teach you something." (min yoongi + jeon jungkook) More

[chapter 1]
[chapter 2]
[chapter 3]
[chapter 5]
[chapter 6]
[chapter 7]
[lesson 2]
[lesson 3]
[lesson 4]

[chapter 4]

17.4K 702 260
By arsjeons

"When is your flight coming in?" Yoongi asked through the phone.

Jungkook struggled to manage his bags on the other end. "Around eight. So in two hours."

Christmas had passed smoothly, everyone going home to spend quality time with the family. Yoongi wouldn't admit that he missed Jungkook aloud. It seemed that they were getting closer and closer during those months and what was even more surprising was that they'd called each other back and forth practically everyday. It was a very fuzzy feeling and Yoongi didn't know what it meant but he was willing to hold onto it for now.

"Okay, I'll pick you up then."

While he waited, he called Taehyung who was mouthing off about some New Year's party.

"Please, we're all going. You and Jungkook are the only ones who are saying no."

"And for a good reason," Yoongi said. "It's not my scene."

"Ah, hyung... so lazy."

Two hours later, he got into his car and drove to the airport. He let the radio go on its own accord as he let his mind rest. To be quite honest, he was excited to see Jungkook again. He doubted the younger felt the same but he also still had that childish sliver of hope left in him. He tapped along to the songs and sang quietly to the ones he knew. It had been a while since he felt this serene.

Jungkook moved past the tightly packed space, constantly checking the time. He spotted a tuft of grey hair in the crowd and followed after it. To grab his attention, Jungkook slipped his hand into Yoongi's. The two embraced, lingering for a second too long before rushing to Yoongi's car as to avoid people recognising them despite their masks and sunglasses.

"Missed me?" Yoongi joked, lowering the volume of the radio.

Jungkook laughed. "You wish."

"Oh... you see, I actually missed you quite a bit. I guess you just don't like me," Yoongi said in fake disappointment.

Jungkook smiled but on the inside, he was screaming. Yoongi joking about Jungkook 'liking' him sent his heart beating. He wished to reassure Yoongi that no, there's no such thing as Jungkook not liking him and that it's actually the complete opposite.

"I do like you, hyung. I think you're really cool." Jungkook's face burned but he continued. "You've looked after all of us and taught me loads of things. I can't be thankful enough."

Yoongi smiled, looking ahead. "That's sweet."

"I know I am."

Of all the things Jungkook expected Yoongi to say, that wasn't one of them. He was actually quite proud of himself that he managed it smoothly. Normally, specifically (if not only) around Yoongi, he'd find himself blushing and stuttering like a madman, despite confident appearances. He rubbed his hands together nervously. Points were starting to connect in his head, the slight uneasiness or cautiousness he felt around Yoongi and the consistent blushing whenever they called each other over the holidays.

He doubted it could be anything else but part of him didn't want it to be love; it would just cause too many problems. His hands reached for his water bottle and he took a large gulp, praying that it would clear his mind at least a little. It was too much to assume.

-

"Please!" Jimin pleaded. "Even Jin's going!"

Jungkook put his pencil down. He could go, take his mind off some troubling things. It wouldn't do much harm, he thought; as long as Yoongi wasn't going. He doubted he would anyways. "Okay. I'll come."

In the other room, Jin was laying down in his bed, watching Yoongi work endlessly. "Really, Yoongi, you should come."

The monitor screen glared back at Yoongi, the unfinished piece mocking him. He straightened his back and a deafening crack sounded throughout the room. The mirror across the room reflected and emphasised the hollowness of his face and the bags under his eyes. Jin winced, catching Yoongi's disappointed look.

"Loosen up, just tomorrow. What do you think?"

Yoongi gave a sigh, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "Sure, I'll come."

-

It was the end of the next day and Jungkook kept readjusting his leather pants. They weren't the most comfortable, he'd have to admit. He didn't want to wear them in the first place but Taehyung had insisted and so now he was left struggling.

He, when the pants were on well enough, left the room timidly, planning on slipping into Yoongi's room to talk before he left. As far as he knew, Yoongi had said no and wasn't coming so he was quite surprised to see that Yoongi wasn't in his chair, glaring at his monitor with his nose scrunched up in frustration. He moved to the living room where he found Yoongi and Namjoon talking.

"I thought you weren't coming, hyung?"

Yoongi shrugged. "I thought I deserved a break. What about you?"

Jungkook averted his gaze. "I need to get my mind off some things."

Yoongi nodded understandingly. After a half hour, the seven of them split into two cars - Jin, Yoongi and Hoseok in one car and the rest in another. Yoongi felt terribly nervous and tried to talk to Jin and Hoseok to calm himself down but nothing was working. Something about Jungkook wearing leather pants was not sitting right with him and he could make his own assumption as to why.

"We're here," Hoseok said, nudging Yoongi.

"I didn't ever think it was a good idea to leave four children alone together," Jin muttered when they were walking up to the house, typing furiously on his phone.

The party was a lot more sophisticated than Yoongi expected. While it did scream 'a frat boy is hosting this', it seemed like a high-class frat boy who would study languages in his free time. Drinks were still served in red solo cups, though.

It made for easier cleaning so Yoongi couldn't blame him.

Thankfully, it wasn't any frat boy, just a private party - the type that ends with the silent agreement of 'what happened here doesn't ever leave.'

Yoongi lost Hoseok and Jin as soon as they stepped into the house, like sugar dissolving in water but surely, he could handle himself; he'd been at scenes similar to this many times. The question was: would the others be able to manage?

He really doubted it.

His phone started to ring in his pocket. "Hello?"

"Hyung! Okay, good. I tried calling Jin-hyung and Hoseok-hyung but neither were answering. I lost everyone else as soon as we came in. Where are you?"

Jungkook sounded beyond distressed and was actually pulling his hair on the other end. Yoongi tried to stay calm for his sake and answered, "Near the entrance."

"Stay there."

It was fifteen minutes until New Year's. It was only a tiny bit amusing to Yoongi that they weren't spending the last minutes of the year together when they drove all the way out to do just that.

Then it was ten minutes until New Year's and Jungkook still hadn't made it to the entrance. He could see it in the distance, as well as make out Yoongi's grey hair amongst the sea of people but he was so far away.

But then five minutes passed and pale lights in the distance had started a countdown but Yoongi still couldn't make out Jungkook in the crowd.

Then it was only one minute, the pale lights became brighter and Jungkook was just across the room from Yoongi. His only light was still only Yoongi's hair.

But then it was ten seconds and Yoongi could just see Jungkook trying to squeeze past the people in the crowd to reach him.

"Ten!" And he wasn't that close.

"Five." And he was only a step closer.

"Four!" And Yoongi ran in his direction.

"Three!" And they collided with each other.

"Two!" And both were overcome by a sense of wonder.

"One!" And their lips connected as easily as puzzle pieces fitting together, their grip on each other more than tight. Jungkook had a fistful of Yoongi's shirt, pulling him closer while Yoongi held the back of his neck. It was staggering, something fashioned out of an urge that was, in short, inexplicable. It grew heated but then, seemingly in a flash-

"Happy New Year's' guys!"

It was Hoseok, smiling like an idiot at two flustered boys who wouldn't dare look at each other for the rest of the night.

"Yeah, Happy New Year's."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 1.4K 41
"I think we all have multiple soulmates in our lives; they come in at the right times."
354K 9.2K 50
"I didn't want to lie to you! I was trying to protect you..!" "Protect me? Why is this always your excuse for hurting me?" Where (y/n), Yoongi's you...
13.4K 537 36
in which your classmate jungkook messages you everyday for answers on math homework
21.7K 823 25
"You're really cute." "I don't even know you!" "Then come and get to know me. ;)"